Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech (35939 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / BBC Africa Highlights Buhari's Plagiarising Obama’s Speech - Photo / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2016
wolesmile:

Did even go to school school at all. Do you know what plagiarism means? Check both speeches and tell me that is a plagiarized speech. Then you can go ahead and call for your President's prosecution. Educated illiterate.

It is not plagiarism, yet he acknowledged it. Plagiarism doesn't have to be 100% before it turn into a crime. It is called theft and its a serious crime.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by jacksonite: 10:49am On Sep 17, 2016
muller101:
Luckily for him. He didn't end the copied speech with God bless America.
lol! It could well have happened. He is capable of doing that.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by achieverme(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:
[s][/s]

Thank you for shutting up. Pay per post agent.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by IamThrive(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2016
Till our so-called politicians write speeches by themselves and for themselves. We will continue to experience massive looting from our treasury.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by malachytochukwu(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2016
frenchwine:
If no one resigns or gets fired in the next 24hrs , I would give up completely on project Nigeria
. What are you talking about? This clearly shows that the president has got no message to pass across. When I was much younger, elderly people would approach us to write letter for them to their children somewhere in the city. They tell us what to write and we do exactly as they requested. The English is ours but the information is theirs. But when someone approaches you and says "just write something that is good for me".. What do you do in that case? You browse the internet and get some stuff. If at all anybody is to resign, then you should know better who that person should be.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by 1wolex85: 11:54am On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

What exactly is wrong with you? How will the President know that the speech was plagiarised? People can talk rubbish
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

Is plagiarism a grammatical error that proof reading will make u detect? Do u expect them to know all Obama's speeches offhand. The only person that could have known it was plagiarized is someone that knows abt that particular Obama's speech....
There are ways to check for plagiarism. It's very important especially in a president's speech. It's an embarrassment

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by portals101: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
omolola15:

Even if he or sheu proof read the speech. How will he know a quote or paragraph belongs to Obama. Did he listen to the Obama speech back then or know it off hand. His speech writter messed up. Even if you are quoting Obama, let the world know by giving him credit for the quote. I've seen incidents like this before. Most recently trump's wife did the same with Michelle's speech. She also apologized and blamed her speech writter.

So lets say you are Buhari. And your speech writter copy my speech you never knew existed. How do will you avoid the whole drama as you claimed. Even Obama doesn't write all his speeches himself. After it has been written, they bring it to him. He can add or remove from it. But he does not have the time to start cracking brain and writting a whole speech. I'm sure you know this already.

The best thing to do Is apologize.

Lots of Zombied retards on Nairaland.

Presidents and Executives don't write their speeches. There are people paid to do that job. They may add, modify, sometimes depending on the occasion determine the theme and tone of the speech.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Kennitrust(m): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
one day, a statement like this will be written for bubu to read: "I the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, do hereby declared as follow;

due to my inability to save Nigeria from recession,

due to my inability to bring back the naira to it former glory.

due to my inability to save the deteriorating economy of the nation, etc...

I hereby 'abdicate' my position as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. so help me Allah!

before he'll realized what he had just read his tym is up.

come do debate, u run!
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ogunleye112(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
drss2:
d dullard should direct his apology to obama.
and did Obama told u that something is wrong with dem both?? it is a common sense ... Obama didn't talk about it.... try to understand before opening ur big mouth and or Type nonsense...
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Malawian(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
mightyhazell:
This govt is a joke!
how can you call them a joke? who and who is smiling or laughing now? undecided undecided
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by timsucces(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

You nailed it
Am beginning to wonder why Adesina is silent this days

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by babayinka77(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
DaniDani:
the first time to apologize but on an irrelevant thing .why not apologize to zombies for deceiving them and running the economy aground.. well, they are good in misplacing priorities.

If the 2 candidates are presented today again for Nigerians to choose their president from, the majority of Nigerians will still prefer PMB given all the revelations on Dasuki gate, patience jonathan gate etc. All you begots and un patriotic Nigerians have got to sit ur ass' down till 2019 before u can have a chance to try to undo what we currently have.
PDP can never and will never rule nigeria again by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by realmindz: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Aba, Mister...if I give you a plagiarised speech, there is no way you will find out or let me say the chances of you finding out is less than 5%.
You are speaking this way because of your deep hatred for buhari
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by maxzzo1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
Why is dis govt so shameful abi na curse
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Pecca: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

Is plagiarism a grammatical error that proof reading will make u detect? Do u expect them to know all Obama's speeches offhand. The only person that could have known it was plagiarized is someone that knows abt that particular Obama's speech....
i bet u are not aware of the numerous APKs that detects plagiarism from a mile off...but then why am I wasting my breath explaining this; the buhari-syndrome could be quite contagious, heady too.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by hotspec(m): 1:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
ollah2:

Relax mr learned hotspec.. he isn't denying that plagiarism is a crime but how do you expect GMB to know it was Obama's speech?

Who researched the writings for him? Melania Trump, Wife of Donald Trump was recently (July) accused of similar offense of plagiarizing Michelle's 2008 speech. Barely 24hrs later, what happened? There are many plagiarism softwares and apps. Upload your speech there, run it and the results will hit u like Mike Tyson's punch if u ....You can search for iThenticate or PlagiarismChecker. You can even do a reverse image search on google to detect if pictures are plagiarized
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by willibounce1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
When them say make him show us WAEC result, e no gree. See the embarrassment wey him dey cause the whole country.

Any intelligent person doesn't need a written speech at all times. Just use your brain and say sensible things. Make it short and simple so you don't goof.

I sure say na that small boy wey him employ abi na that dirty adeshina go write the speech
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Kasich(m): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
realmindz:

Aba, Mister...if I give you a plagiarised speech, there is no way you will find out or let me say the chances of you finding out is less than 5%.
You are speaking this way because of your deep hatred for buhari
You are wrong bro, I don't hate my president, check my writeups on NL, I am impartial...

I just don't like the way he handles things, you guys may have gotten my message in the wrong context, all I am saying is that for a campaign as serious as "change begins with me", he should have showed a certain level of seriousness by settling down to review the program and then have a clear picture of the aim of the program, thereafter sit down with your media aids, writers n advisers to draft a speech befitting to such a campaign... But from all this it seems he didn't have time for d campaign, like they just sold the idea to him and he just adopted it hook line n sinker without inputting any original thoughts into it

I hope this elucidates my writeup now

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by hotspec(m): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
1wolex85:

What exactly is wrong with you? How will the President know that the speech was plagiarised? People can talk rubbish
If Dr./ Prof. Buhari was ur project supervisor, and u as a researching student plagiarize a research report for him to earn your degree, and he could not find out or tell u that ure plagiarizing, then he should be relieved of his appointment.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by seguntijan(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
It's needlessly over flogging this issue of plagiarism, if not for bigotry.
Heaven did not fall when world leaders like Russian President Putin in 2006 was accused of stealing about 16 out of 20 pages of his economics thesis.
Same applies to Hungarian President in 2012 when he was accused of plagiarizing over 200 out 215 pages of his thesis which was confirmed by the School authority.
In 2008, United state President was also caught in the act. He was accused of lifting Howard Wolfson's work which he admitted.
It will be just if we can admit that all we say or write are works of others, they are not congenital.
They are either learned through books or verbal communication. Thus, it is not a crime to lift words or content only that the source must be acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
malachytochukwu:
. What are you talking about? This clearly shows that the president has got no message to pass across. When I was much younger, elderly people would approach us to write letter for them to their children somewhere in the city. They tell us what to write and we do exactly as they requested. The English is ours but the information is theirs. But when someone approaches you and says "just write something that is good for me".. What do you do in that case? You browse the internet and get some stuff. If at all anybody is to resign, then you should know better who that person should be.
My brother I feel you. Maybe he would tend his resignation letter from the UN meeting, just the way he released his ministerial list from a similar meeting last year.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by realmindz: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
Kasich:

You are wrong bro, I don't hate my president, check my writeups on NL, I am impartial...

I just don't like the way he handles things, you guys may have gotten my message in the wrong context, all I am saying is that for a campaign as serious as "change begins with me", he should have showed a certain level of seriousness by settling down to review the program and then have a clear picture of the aim of the program, thereafter sit down with your media aids, writers n advisers to draft a speech befitting to such a campaign... But from all this it seems he didn't have time for d campaign, like they just sold the idea to him and he just adopted it hook line n sinker without inputting any original thoughts into it

I hope this elucidates my writeup now

hmm, this seems right
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by NevetsIbot(m): 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Omo see copy copy.... Yet a student must not do this in an examination..

Let em check every speech every president in history has made o. Maybe the remaining parts of the speech too was plagiarized. Bubu and madness
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Oblang(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
[s]
achieverme:

Thank you for shutting up. Pay per post agent.
[/s]
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ozimec(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:

plagiarism
ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
"there were accusations of plagiarism"
synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing, poaching, appropriation; informalcribbing
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by shammah1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
I can't see any apology on the write-up. They're just blaming an "overzealous" staff
DaniDani:
the first time to apologize but on an irrelevant thing .why not apologize to zombies for deceiving them and running the economy aground.. well, they are good in misplacing priorities.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Oblang(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2016
[s]
ozimec:

plagiarism
ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
"there were accusations of plagiarism"
synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing, poaching, appropriation; informalcribbing
[/s]
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by shammah1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
But he didn't apologize. Did he? undecided
omolola15:

Even if he or sheu proof read the speech. How will he know a quote or paragraph belongs to Obama. Did he listen to the Obama speech back then or know it off hand. His speech writter messed up. Even if you are quoting Obama, let the world know by giving him credit for the quote. I've seen incidents like this before. Most recently trump's wife did the same with Michelle's speech. She also apologized and blamed her speech writter.

So lets say you are Buhari. And your speech writter copy my speech you never knew existed. How do will you avoid the whole drama as you claimed. Even Obama doesn't write all his speeches himself. After it has been written, they bring it to him. He can add or remove from it. But he does not have the time to start cracking brain and writting a whole speech. I'm sure you know this already.

The best thing to do Is apologize.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by omolola15(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
portals101:

Lots of Zombied retards on Nairaland.

Presidents and Executives don't write their speeches. There are people paid to do that job. They may add, modify, sometimes depending on the occasion determine the theme and tone of the speech.

Na wetin I talk be that na.
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by achieverme(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
Oblang:
[s][/s]

Hahaha. Pay per post agent, your brain is blocked.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Oblang(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
[s]
achieverme:

Hahaha. Pay per post agent, your brain is blocked.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"If Anything Happens To Osinbajo, Nigeria Will Break" – Ayo Adebanjo / Photo Of President Buhari Picking His Teeth / Lekki Shooting: Nigeria Will Never Spare CNN, Others For Spreading Fake News –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.