Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip (9169 Views)

Ohanaeze Accuses FG Of Bias In Call For Kanu’s Re-arrest / Reno Denies Accusing President Buhari Of Part-funding Hillary Clinton’s Campaign / Is This Nigeria's Problem? Prof. Kperogi Shares Rare Photo Of Buhari In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by mynaijainfo(m): 3:02am On Sep 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Farooq Kperogi Denies Accusing Buhari on "Ear Infection" Trip, Blames Vanguard[/size]

Popular Analyst and US-Based Educationist, Ass. Prof Farooq Kperogi has denied accusing the Federal Government of Spending Six Million Pounds during President Buhari's UK Health Trip this year. Reports from the Trip showed that the President had an ear infection.

Prof Kperogi who shared on his Facebook wall yesterday that the Presidency spend such amounts, has received a Reply from presidential spokesman Garba Shehu saying He is Disappointed at Him.
Meanwhile, Mr Kperogi has blamed Vanguard News for such allegations.

See Farooq's Reply Below:

"I didn't make up the allegation that Buhari spent 6 million pounds to treat his ear infection. It's been around since June. It was even reported in the Vanguard of June 9.

Now, I am the first to admit that Vanguard isn't always a reliable source of news (I have written at least two scathing articles on Vanguard), but it's also true that Vanguard is Nigeria's most visited online news source, outranked occasionally only by Punch, according to Alexa.

You ignore it at your own risk. The presidency must be aware of this allegation. Why haven't they denied it and set the records straight? Well, it's probably because they didn't or don't want to lend wings to an embarrassing revelation. If they were never aware of this allegation until I brought it up in my column and status update, then they are more clueless than I thought.

SOURCE: http://mynaijainfo.com/2016/09/farooq-kperogi-denies-accusing-buhari-ear-infection-trip/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by NOC1(m): 5:04am On Sep 19, 2016
Vanguard, hmmmm nawaoo to unaoooo. Very soon all this hungry journalist and bloggers will set Nigeria on fire.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Mynd44: 5:20am On Sep 19, 2016
As usual, its Vanguard. Why am I not surprised?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by kahal29: 5:44am On Sep 19, 2016
Mynd44:
As usual, its Vanguard again.

Hahaha. It's like you know them well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by seunmsg(m): 6:06am On Sep 19, 2016
This man is the most stupid professor I have ever seen in my entire life. He is not different from the wailing crew on NL who goes about writing unreasonable stuffs without good reference/source once it is against the president.

He admitted that vanguard is not a credible source but still went ahead to write about a phantom $6million treatment bill with the same discredited vanguard as the source. And now, instead of giving a straight apology, he's still grandstanding and blaming the president for not denying the news in time. His motive becomes more curious when you realise that this is coming just a few days after the national outrage about patience Jonathan's $15million medical bill account. We really need to upgrade our libel laws. People should be made to face more stiffer sanctions when they write absolute falsehood to deliberately hurt other people.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by adconline(m): 6:33am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:
This man is the most stupid professor I have ever seen in my entire life. He is not different from the wailing crew on NL who goes about writing unreasonable stuffs without good reference/source once it is against the president.

He admitted that vanguard is not a credible source but still went ahead to write about a phantom $6million treatment bill with the same discredited vanguard as the source. And now, instead of giving a straight apology, he's still grandstanding and blaming the president for not denying the news in time. His motive becomes more curious when you realise that this is coming just a few days after the national outrage about patience Jonathan's $15million medical bill account. We really need to upgrade our libel laws. People should be made to face more stiffer sanctions when they write absolute falsehood to deliberately hurt other people.
Maybe you need to go and dig his past articles where he harshly criticised GEJ. This idea that anyone who challenges corruption is a wailer is childish. This is a university professor at KSU, Georgia, USA. He's also a northern Muslim.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by dunkem21(m): 6:37am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:

Maybe you need to go and dig his past articles where he harshly criticised GEJ. This idea that anyone who challenges corruption is a wailer is childish. This is a university professor at KSU, Georgia, USA. He's also a northern Muslim.

Oga leave the zombie alone.. When they were writing falsehood against GEJ, he forgot Libel laws.

The zombie even dragged PEJ into this.

Pathetic undecided

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by opalu: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2016
This guy has earned his name long ago. He stood against GEJ when he missed it and supported PMB. Now that PMB has taken a number of wrong steps, he is standing against him. He is one of those who SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER! The fact that you supported a candidate does not take away you heart and brain that you cannot talk against whatever they are doing wrong. That is the reason why many reputable persons enter government and find it difficult to resign when the president or governor decided to take an anti-people route.
As for those whose preoccupation is to mock those who voted for a government so that they won't speak against what the government they voted for is doing wrong, it is as foolish and insane as saying because you LOVE and MARRIED your spouse, you should never speak against a wrong thing they do when they go wrong

20 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by seunmsg(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:

Nobody is saying he should not criticise. All I am saying is, criticise with credible facts and figures. He knew all along that vanguard is not a credible source of news and still went ahead to criticise the president based on their false story. That is not a fair criticism if you ask me.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by GossipHeart(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016

even apc Bible says so
9JA BIBLE on the trend(APC Chapter 1)

1. And it came to pass, when the Lord would punish Nigeria, that he gave them a president under whose hand they were mightily oppressed.
2. Before he ascended the throne, he made them hope, with all manner of promises, that he would bring them to the promised land before the coming year began.
3. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria grew restless with their good condition, and sorely vexed the president under whose hand they had prospered, so that he would not have the office of the president again, but rather resented it.
4. In those days also the Boko haramites laid siege to the north, and slew of the people three and twenty thousand, intending to set up a kingdom which would be ruled by Islam.
5. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria remembered not the good deeds of Jonathan, but thrust him out of the throne, and made Buhari president in his stead.
6. Buhari was seventy and(?) years old when he began to reign. He reigned one and a half years in Nigeria, and the land became impoverished under him.
7. He persecuted also a few of the people, accusing them and casting them into prison. Thus, the opposition was subdued, the people could not find bread to eat and there was hunger in the land.
8. And the end become uncertain as there was wailing and gnashing of teeth

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by herzern(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
cool
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by kayzat: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Vanguard is a useless newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by korel9: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2016
mynaijainfo:
[size=18pt]Farooq Kperogi Denies Accusing Buhari on "Ear Infection" Trip, Blames Vanguard[/size]

"I didn't make up the allegation that Buhari spent 6 million pounds to treat his ear infection. It's been around since June. It was even reported in the Vanguard of June 9.

The presidency must be aware of this allegation. Why haven't they denied it and set the records straight? Well, it's probably because they didn't or don't want to lend wings to an embarrassing revelation. If they were never aware of this allegation until I brought it up in my column and status update, then they are more clueless than I thought.

SOURCE: http://mynaijainfo.com/2016/09/farooq-kperogi-denies-accusing-buhari-ear-infection-trip/

Ok, this is the part that interests me grin

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by dave1614: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2016
buhari

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by damton(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2016
dave1614:
buhari
dave1614:
buhari

yes.

I'm all ears
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Koleman(m): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2016
Come o. Who still takes vanguard seriously? I stopped following them since last whether on facebook or anywhere else. Na bunch of premature journalist full there

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Greataausim(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Whistle blowing, €6million on ear treatment....? God save this country.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2016
The way this people are mentioning Millions in hard currency fa, only God will save us if we don't have up to a million in our reserve when APC are done with us.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by truthspeaks: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Weda 6 or 5 or even 4. One thing is sure, now we know millions of pounds were spent on president's ears.

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by truthspeaks: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2016
Many do. When they write against ur buhari, they become wailers but wen they write in favor of buhari they become credible. Abeg park well. Zombie
Koleman:
Come o. Who still takes vanguard seriously? I stopped following them since last whether on facebook or anywhere else. Na bunch of premature journalist full there

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Sanuzi(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2016
God is the ultimate Judge oooooooo
mynaijainfo:

Popular Analyst and US-Based Educationist, Ass. Prof Farooq Kperogi has denied accusing the Federal Government of Spending Six Million Pounds during President Buhari's UK Health Trip this year. Reports from the Trip showed that the President had an ear infection.

Prof Kperogi who shared on his Facebook wall yesterday that the Presidency spend such amounts, has received a Reply from presidential spokesman Garba Shehu saying He is Disappointed at Him.
Meanwhile, Mr Kperogi has blamed Vanguard News for such allegations.

See Farooq's Reply Below:

Now, I am the first to admit that Vanguard isn't always a reliable source of news (I have written at least two scathing articles on Vanguard), but it's also true that Vanguard is Nigeria's most visited online news source, outranked occasionally only by Punch, according to Alexa.

You ignore it at your own risk. The presidency must be aware of this allegation. Why haven't they denied it and set the records straight? Well, it's probably because they didn't or don't want to lend wings to an embarrassing revelation. If they were never aware of this allegation until I brought it up in my column and status update, then they are more clueless than I thought.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by FunkyMetahuman: 7:56am On Sep 19, 2016
Vanguard again
Smh

Vanguard hell bent on feeding wailing miscreants false information

Pdp media and fake news

#insertzumapics grin

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by joseph1832(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2016
Now it appears bloggers aren't the only ones who fabricate stories just to get traffic.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by pxDharniel(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:

If you feel the criticism is not fair then tell us the amount that was initially approved for the treatment.

And don't tell me it was less than £50000 because the president's spokesman admitted that a higher amount was released but the president's doctor returned the balance

If this administration believes in accountability then let them prove it with hard facts. We can't take their mere words anymore.

It was this same shehu that denied buhari never promised a-meal-a-day for pupils during the campaign few months ago

12 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by tinsel: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2016
Everyday Vanguard drags its name to the mud. It is becoming embarrasing.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by EnEnPeecee: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2016
Fayose had warned us severally of a Buhari presidency, we refused to listen.

See now, the scarce dollars to help Nigerians and their business, is been used in treating ageing ailment for Buhari.

Nigeria is responsible for treating him and his family if fallen sick and yet he earns big largesse of salary..

Zombies come and do your work i just returned from a ban for dishing them with the truths!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by arsenal33: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2016
The same vanguard that published Oby Ezekwesili's forged attack on Buhari.

Junk Newspaper.
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by trueconscience(m): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2016
I saw these on Facebook. Notice the discrepancies? Is it 350 billion or 360 billion? Vanguard has really thrown it to the dogs, too bad!

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by kaen1317: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2016
Fear don dey catch am

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Invite Omoyele Sowore, Again / Absence Of Kalu From Court Stalls Hearing In Alleged N7.65bn Fraud / 2019 Polls: I Have Warned INEC To Be Free And Fair — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.