Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip (9170 Views)

Ohanaeze Accuses FG Of Bias In Call For Kanu’s Re-arrest / Reno Denies Accusing President Buhari Of Part-funding Hillary Clinton’s Campaign / Is This Nigeria's Problem? Prof. Kperogi Shares Rare Photo Of Buhari In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by idupaul: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:
This man is the most stupid professor I have ever seen in my entire life. He is not different from the wailing crew on NL who goes about writing unreasonable stuffs without good reference/source once it is against the president.

He admitted that vanguard is not a credible source but still went ahead to write about a phantom $6million treatment bill with the same discredited vanguard as the source. And now, instead of giving a straight apology, he's still grandstanding and blaming the president for not denying the news in time. His motive becomes more curious when you realise that this is coming just a few days after the national outrage about patience Jonathan's $15million medical bill account. We really need to upgrade our libel laws. People should be made to face more stiffer sanctions when they write absolute falsehood to deliberately hurt other people.

So he is now a foolish prof ? How much are you guys paid to act this way sef?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Saintp(m): 8:20am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:
This man is the most stupid professor I have ever seen in my entire life. He is not different from the wailing crew on NL who goes about writing unreasonable stuffs without good reference/source once it is against the president.

He admitted that vanguard is not a credible source but still went ahead to write about a phantom $6million treatment bill with the same discredited vanguard as the source. And now, instead of giving a straight apology, he's still grandstanding and blaming the president for not denying the news in time. His motive becomes more curious when you realise that this is coming just a few days after the national outrage about patience Jonathan's $15million medical bill account. We really need to upgrade our libel laws. People should be made to face more stiffer sanctions when they write absolute falsehood to deliberately hurt other people.

The problem i have with most of you is that you guys are just more interested in protecting the "percieved" integrity of PMB than the survival of our institutions. PMB will come n go but our institutions will remain. Every dissenting voice against the president should not be seen as an enemy, Nigeria is bigger than one man.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by mercyviv(f): 8:20am On Sep 19, 2016
Another lying Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2016
nigerian are now taking fr a ride ,,,few pple read n think,,
how can sum1 spend £6million on ear assessment n care,,hw much is kidney transplant ,,or even heart transplant .
even world most expensive cars is below $5 million.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by docmoses(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2016
mynaijainfo:
[size=18pt]Farooq Kperogi Denies Accusing Buhari on "Ear Infection" Trip, Blames Vanguard[/size]

Popular Analyst and US-Based Educationist, Ass. Prof Farooq Kperogi has denied accusing the Federal Government of Spending Six Million Pounds during President Buhari's UK Health Trip this year. Reports from the Trip showed that the President had an ear infection.

Prof Kperogi who shared on his Facebook wall yesterday that the Presidency spend such amounts, has received a Reply from presidential spokesman Garba Shehu saying He is Disappointed at Him.
Meanwhile, Mr Kperogi has blamed Vanguard News for such allegations.

See Farooq's Reply Below:

"I didn't make up the allegation that Buhari spent 6 million pounds to treat his ear infection. It's been around since June. It was even reported in the Vanguard of June 9.

Now, I am the first to admit that Vanguard isn't always a reliable source of news (I have written at least two scathing articles on Vanguard), but it's also true that Vanguard is Nigeria's most visited online news source, outranked occasionally only by Punch, according to Alexa.

You ignore it at your own risk. The presidency must be aware of this allegation. Why haven't they denied it and set the records straight? Well, it's probably because they didn't or don't want to lend wings to an embarrassing revelation. If they were never aware of this allegation until I brought it up in my column and status update, then they are more clueless than I thought.

SOURCE: http://mynaijainfo.com/2016/09/farooq-kperogi-denies-accusing-buhari-ear-infection-trip/
why
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by 2n2k(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:

He didn't admit that vanguard is not a credible source. He said it is not always a credible source which means it can get it right sometimes.

When a highly visited site carried a damaging news since 4 months ago and the dimwits in the presidency did not deny it, why shouldn't the professor assumed it was an undeniable fact.

Why did presidency ignore the Vanguard which is by far more popular than the prof's Facebook page only to now bounce on the professor? How many people even saw the denial of the presidency if not for nairaland?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by ojinuocheibi(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:

Maybe you need to go and dig his past articles where he harshly criticised GEJ. This idea that anyone who challenges corruption is a wailer is childish. This is a university professor at KSU, Georgia, USA. He's also a northern Muslim.
You forgot to add to his portfolio one invaluable attribute ’’HE IS A FOOL"
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by adeadeyera(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:

Can I comfortably say this is a pseudo-account of one of the 'hailers' currently feeding on the crumbs? Absolutely!
Anyways, listen up though.

We stood up against GEJ because we believed Nigeria was ripe to resist a visionless and motionless government.
Alas, this one is proving to be worse. Wearing an insincere garb of anti-corruption but the stench underneath can kill instanta. No wahala, my people usually say "pasan ta fi na'yale, nbe lori aja fun'yawo"( simply being interpreted as "the cane that was used to punish the first wife is still available to be visited on a second."
Kontinuuu

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Lastborn12(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2016
I didn't need to read it but I blame Buhari

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:

Nobody is saying he should not criticise. All I am saying is, criticise with credible facts and figures. He knew all along that vanguard is not a credible source of news and still went ahead to criticise the president based on their false story. That is not a fair criticism if you ask me.

Plz which news outfit is foolproof or dependable in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by buchilino(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2016
damton:

yes.
I'm all ears
WHICH OF D EARS?. D INFECTED ONE OR D NORMAL ONE? LOL.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by madridsta007(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:

Nobody is saying he should not criticise. All I am saying is, criticise with credible facts and figures. He knew all along that vanguard is not a credible source of news and still went ahead to criticise the president based on their false story. That is not a fair criticism if you ask me.

1. Vanguard reported it a while ago. The Presidency, known for its habit in debunking false/ ambiguous news, did NOT do anything about it. Now remember the Presidency has more media manpower than any other President in Nigeria's history, media around the President has more budget than the Agriculture Ministry, so resources is no excuse.

2. The Prof in question utilised the report in Vanguard having seen the Presidency quiet on that news. As long as it has a reference, let alone a national newspaper, he is well within his rights to use it.

He has done absolutely nothing wrong.

As someone who knows the Professor in question here, and knows the highest standard one must have to lecture at a US university, it is laughable the reaction from Garba Shehu. He should know that serious people know the real intent of his reaction— to intimidate the academic to silence. Prof Farooq, who was highly critical of GEJ, supported PMB so staunchly that friends like myself queried and mocked his risky stance. Farooq, in his characteristic blunt way, has been highly critical of Buhari— despite the reported overtures of the Buhari'a regime to him.

And he has a large online following, hence the increased wariness of the Abuja regime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by madridsta007(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2016
adeadeyera:

Can I comfortably say this is a pseudo-account of one of the 'hailers' currently feeding on the crumbs? Absolutely!
Anyways, listen up though.

We stood up against GEJ because we believed Nigeria was ripe to resist a visionless and motionless government.
Alas, this one is proving to be worse. Wearing an insincere garb of anti-corruption but the stench underneath can kill instanta. No wahala, my people usually say "pasan ta fi na'yale, nbe lori aja fun'yawo"( simply being interpreted as "the cane that was used to punish the first wife is still available to be visited on a second."
Kontinuuu

LOL.

If Buhari runs in 2019, he would win.

To think that the military dictator is like the democrat, GEJ, is to think it snows in the Sahara desert.

He will run and win; or run, declare the result as inconclusive, and then flood major cities with soldiers, order a recount and then win.

Wait till 2023, Bro.
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by mescan(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2016
madridsta007:

LOL.

If Buhari runs in 2019, he would win.

To think that the military dictator is like the democrat, GEJ, is to think it snows in the Sahara desert.

He will run and win; or run, declare the result as inconclusive, and then flood major cities with soldiers, order a recount and then win.

Wait till 2023, Bro.
see d kind of president u re betting ur life on, i pity u

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by madridsta007(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2016
mescan:
see d kind of president u re betting ur life on, i pity u

Betting? Lol. I'm just stating the obvious fact Nigerians know, but are afraid to say.

Which election has gone on without incident— inconclusive, cancellation, postponement— since this administration came in? Isn't INEC completely "nepotified"? Or Northernised? You think that was a coincidence?

You guys should wake up.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by adconline(m): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2016
seunmsg:

So whose other facts have you used to double check with his Vanguard published? He merely stated what had been published by Vanguard in June. Why don't you ask Shehu Garba, a PDP stooge, who worked for Atiku, to publish confirmed cost of GMB's treatment

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Gaskia: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2016
If the presidency says it is not true, let them sue Vanguard first.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Cletus77(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
E be like say, dem don pay am small visit.
Re: Prof. Kperogi Denies Accusing FG Of Spending £6million On Buhari's Health Trip by Zieristclair(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2016
seunmsg:

I agree with you 100% brother.His outbursts was just to create a cushion for his hero's wife who clearly stinks of corruption by creating falsehood around the president's medical trip. The libel laws need to be promulgated also but we may have to strongarm our lawmakers if need be before it becomes a reality because as we all know their utmost priority is their own benefits.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Invite Omoyele Sowore, Again / 2019: ‘i’m In The Race To Win, Not Splitting Any Votes’ – Oby Ezekwesili Insists / 2019 Polls: I Have Warned INEC To Be Free And Fair — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.