Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools (19430 Views)

Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance / Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Doublejoy411(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2016
mukhcech:

that one no concern you. first thing first. It is compulsory on Muslim women.

Who made it compulsory ....God or your Prophet
So you are telling me that the inside no concern you Na the outside be the koko......then you practising a religion on the wrong precept
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by mukhcech(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2016
codemaniacs:

you are based in Sokoto... so mind your business...
See mumu talk.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by codemaniacs: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2016
mukhcech:

See mumu talk.

this is a quote from one of your colonialists:

Maria Lugones observes that among the Yoruba people there was no concept of gender and no gender system at all before colonialism. She argues that colonial powers used a gender system as a tool for domination and fundamentally changing social relations among the indigenous.

In Yorubaland, we don't discriminate against women and we don't force them to do anything...
it's yoruba muslims that are trying to kill the yoruba culture..

you are the mumu here grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by AntiWailer: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2016
mukhcech:

Common grounds is not to found all the time. sometimes or most times you understand the other person point of view and concerns. on this issue their can never be a common ground. what is even common between Islam and others. they are wide apart. in your ignorance I hope you find time to know whats going on in America, UK and others that are more secular than Nigeria. gud day.

The bolded says it all.

It is a productive Monday morning no time dragging dead issues.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by fasmukol: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2016
mathow55:
mssn you guys are mad.
is this how to train a child?
so a student should disobey his/her teacher because of your barbaric believe.

so this is all you can offer at this heat period?
instead of you to start planning for your future, you are here talking about one dress code that only lies in hypocrisy .

your ladies wears ijab, but they put on tight leggings to show their conto.

werey set of people

that was how I was in the bus yesterday , when an Islamic cleric was preaching , quoting scriptures from the bible and quran, just to gain approval from people.
you guys are the biggest hypocrite I know.

teach your believe without drawing others in,
every Christian music have been copied by the Muslim musicians, you guys are just too fake jare .

I am hungry jhor

It is like this guy's brain is on recess. Abeg someone should help him with food to fuel his brain. #Recessed

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by phaphyz05(m): 8:35am On Sep 19, 2016
mathow55:
mssn you guys are mad.

instead of you to start planning for your future, you are here talking about one dress code that only lies in hypocrisy .

werey set of people

that was how I was in the bus yesterday , when an Islamic cleric was preaching , quoting scriptures from the bible and quran, just to gain approval from people.

every Christian music have been copied by the Muslim musicians, you guys are just too fake jare .

I am hungry jhor
. Funny how u gave that fair point of urs a woeful expression... I can tell u are really hungry, go n eat n stop spewing rubbish.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by coolviv: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2016
Not that anybody really cares whether they wear it or not. It's just that when you remember how boko haram were using female Muslim children as suicide bombers..hiding the bombs in their hijab, one can't help but worry.

Our children are in these same schools with them. Abeg we can not shout, wearing hijab to school is a security threat in these times. Especially now that we hear they are in Lagos. Who knows if they are a manipulative mind behind MSSN, using religious emotions to achieve their aim to the detriment of everyone: Christians and Muslims.

May God/Allah preserve His children.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by fasmukol: 8:36am On Sep 19, 2016
mathow55:
mssn you guys are mad.

werey set of people

I am hungry jhor

It is like this guy's brain is on recess. Abeg someone should help him with food to fuel his brain. #Recessedeconomyaffectsthinking
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Saintp(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2016
mukhcech:

You people are just stubborn due to hate. read your comment and the loopholes. okay let's rephrase: if this is the case, wouldn't it be better if Muslims where there Hijab in public(government) school since it is a secular setting where every one is free. Since the Hijab is just a piece of cloth and not iron or weapon, after all the school is just for learning and last for just few hours.

Bros, it is not hate, it is common sense. The hijab is a religious wear, public schools should be neutral and uniform is a symbol of neutrality. Besides, most people get uncomfortable with people on hijab around them, bomb comes to mind. It is not our fault, we have seen people using the cover of hijab to detonate bombs.
therefore you cannot eat your cake and have it. it is either you leave religion out of public places or you go to where your religon reigns supreme. Mission schools are not banned.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2016
Cubeet2:
This Rubbish can only be accepted in places like Lagos and Yolobarudeens, you can never wear hijab to schools in Delta state
For your info, students put on hijab to school in Edo state.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2016
For me this is a good news for our Muslim brothers but a bad precedent for our society. If the cases in Osun n Lagos are won on right to freedom, let's not forget the LGBT society n any other belief system against our religion.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by ELPablochapo: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2016
how
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2016
I do laugh when some Christians do say that we are in a secular state. Do you know the meaning of secular, it means a state without no religious belief(s). Nigeria is not a secular state but a multi-religious state.
If Nigeria is a secular state, why do most govt schools pray on the assembly ground with Christians hymns, praise and worship. I will keep on saying it, most Nigerian Christians are hypocrites.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by phaphyz05(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Nychillax:

[b]

No bro,true Muslim practices Islam in everyday of his Life.It is absurd for school to shun court order.The constitution is there to back up their rights.

It is against Islam for muslimah to open up her hair in the public,Islam against any form of nakednes** being it anywhere in the world. It has nothing to do with Skul,work or any government institutions.It has has been part of our sisters daily Life's.....

Modified.

People still don't gat it,may be they understand but failed to get it coz of their hatred for Islam.

Wearing of hijab is not an occasional dressing,traditional worshippers dresses that suite their religious belief once in a while (may be during their festival) and celestial church members don't wear shoes on Sundays not everyday, same goes to other religion except Islam.

But in Islam,true Muslim practices Islam totally. Hijab has nothing to do with time or wearing it on Fridays.As far as u are devoted muslimah,you must put it on everyday irrespective of where u find yourself.

Pls if u lack ability to comprehend the contents above,don't quote me or spam my mention. I don't av time to argue on any religious belief.I can only elucidate the fact,if u like agree with me,if u like debunk it.Pls don't spam my mention.....

[/b]
u nailed it already bro. It's a take it or leave it matter. #kudos
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2016
this is an attempt to force Islam on the throat of other people....Nigeria is about to be islamized unless we do something about it..how can you permit Muslim students to wear hijab to government schools...even the catholics have their own personal missionary schools where they tell the students what to wear..if you want to wear hijab to school go and open a Muslim school or a Quranic school...arrant nonsense....
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Cubeet2: 8:57am On Sep 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

For your info, students put on hijab to school in Edo state.
Did I mention Edo state? Is Edo same as Delta?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
I do laugh when some Christians do say that we are in a secular state. Do you know the meaning of secular, it means a state without no religious belief(s). Nigeria is not a secular state but a multi-religious state.
If Nigeria is a secular state, why do most govt schools pray on the assembly ground with Christians hymns, praise and worship. I will keep on saying it, most Nigerian Christians are hypocrites.

...who told you Nigeria is a multi-religious state....if Nigeria is a multi-religious state why did babangida register Nigeria in the OIC...
Also most schools use Christian hymns because of the fact that their where founded by the Christians.....
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nychillax(m): 9:06am On Sep 19, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You're brainwashed, what you are after is your children wearing Hijab and not quality education. As the schools resume the only thing the Muslims want the principals to do is to allow Hijab wearing.

I won't throw tantrums on you but u Lack moral and ability to diffuse ideas in open forum.who is talking about quality education here??The subject matter based on dressing not quality education.With or without hijab student that will succeed will succeed.What hell is the nonsense u are saying.stay on yer lane if yer cerebrum has completely damaged or needs little adjustment. Pls and pls stay away from me if you can't comprehend the article.......

If u are pained just because of my comments, why can't you commit suicide or hug transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by muyeeoo(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Nonsense! After the display of nonsense that happened in Osun, I'm surprised these Muslims are still clamouring for their female students to wear hijab.

This is why I've always reiterated that the law of the land should stand supreme, that no group have the right to force their religious habit(s) down the throat of government.

It's high time we separate religion from governance in this country. The clear presence of religion is causing enough squabble as it is already.

Read the message before making comment
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by muyeeoo(m): 9:14am On Sep 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Not hypocrites, but olodo especially this nairaland. They dont read or comprehend a message before responding. Their fingers to type move faster than their brains.
Chai black race. I tire for una
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by validstar1: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2016
Nychillax:

I won't throw tantrums on you but u Lack moral and ability to diffuse ideas in open forum.who is talking about quality education here??The subject matter based on dressing not quality education.With or without hijab student that will succeed will succeed.What hell is the nonsense u are saying. Pls stay on yer lane if Yer cerebrum is has completely damaged or needs little adjustment. Pls and pls stay away from me if you can't comprehend the article.......

If u are pained just because of my comments, why can't you commit suicide or hug transformer.

You are too RUDE & u claim to be a good Muslim smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by muyeeoo(m): 9:20am On Sep 19, 2016
DateMynd44:
Hijab terrorists. Come and wear it here in my school and get serve. Muslim criminals

Unless ur school is not government owed. Your next weekend will be in prison if you try it.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nychillax(m): 9:30am On Sep 19, 2016
mathow55:

[s]then take your wards to Muslim public schools

Don't forget that most of this public schools are built by Christian missionaries.
Se you cannot think ni?

or should I help you to beg for sense

you expect a Baptist school to allow Ijab? think now

your muslim societies should invest in education by building schools and handling it over to the government, so that you can do whatsoever you want. Even allow your students to dress like those black masquerade.[/s]

Shut up and stop spewing trash here,you can only deceive some fools here.schools were built by missionary were funded by the Christian body b4 the civil war.Since 1970,Goverment has taken over the responsible till date.what is the gibberish u are now dwelling here.No public missionary school now in Nigeria under any religious institution except private schools.stop deceiving gullible fool like you on this forum.Either Baptist or st peter or any public missionary school,It is belong to government not any religious body....Government properties belongs to everybody irrespective of your religious belief.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2016
simonjassy:

...who told you Nigeria is a multi-religious state....if Nigeria is a multi-religious state why did babangida register Nigeria in the OIC...
Also most schools use Christian hymns because of the fact that their where founded by the Christians.....
Lol... Schools created during Jakande's administration in Lagos was created by govt not christian missionaries. Lol...
About OIC Jonathan sent a representative to OIC. Is he a muslim?
Nigeria is a multi-religious state. Check your constitution, freedom of creed and religion. In Nigeria we have Muslims,Christians, Ekist, Buddhist, Jehovah witness, haro Krishna, Olumba Olumba, Rosucricians, traditional and so on. Therefore, Nigeria is multi-religious state.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by ybahrbz91: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2016
Am always surprised reading comments from people who claim to be Litterate...
Lets make this Simple as ABC for you to understand...
ISLAM isnt just a Religion BUT A Complete way of Life, No Other Religion can claim that.
Islam teaches US how to go about our everyday activities to the extent of talking in public forums. If you dont have any knowledge about sometin, Its beta u keep mute.
Islam teaches dress Code for both Gender....We don't follow dress code of our religious leaders. Just because we ask Hijab to be included as part of Government owned secondary schools Uniform doesnt give U chance to insult the religion.
N.B: Litteracy isnt just abt passing thru the four walls of the Classroom, A 2yr old kid who ask an elderly abt wat he doesnt know Is more litterate than U who claim to hold a Degree.....#PEACE
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by DateMynd44(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2016
muyeeoo:

Unless ur school is not government owed. Your next weekend will be in prison if you try it.
ogbeni come down here to the south south and see for yourself. fucck this islamization agenda. we won't subscribe to it
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2016
Cubeet2:
Did I mention Edo state? Is Edo same as Delta?
Lol. . I wonder how you got your certificate. You said 'it can only happen in Lagos and Yolobarudeens'; I replied you that, students put on hijab in Edo state. Is Edo state a yoruba land? Edo state is closer to your Delta state.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2016
muyeeoo:

Not hypocrites, but olodo especially this nairaland. They dont read or comprehend a message before responding. Their fingers to type move faster than their brains.
Chai black race. I tire for una
I swear brother, their educational qualifications are questionable. Should I say they are educated but not enlighten.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:54am On Sep 19, 2016
DavSagacity:
Here We go again. Our people are yet to learn from what's happening in the state of Osun . Anyone who wish to wear other clothing different from the School Uniform should go to religious school or establish their own school.

Pls lets stop creating chaos in our elementary schools
So court order should be disobeyed?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Sman37(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2016
DavSagacity:
Here We go again. Our people are yet to learn from what's happening in the state of Osun . Anyone who wish to wear other clothing different from the School Uniform should go to religious school or establish their own school.

Pls lets stop creating chaos in our elementary schools
lol listening to ur self Nigeria got her independent whit how many languages?
Why do whe have IRK and CRK studies upto higher and other level?
As long as the school belong to d state of federal government Muslim have full legal right to put on Hijab to school!!!
Constitution only forbids indecent dressing like many christian do even in University they encourage decent dressing
what is d gain for a man putting too skinned trousers or mini skirt and yash level das y high rate of rapping case are recorded mostly even in lagos with pastors bishops and sisters involved too!!!
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Cubeet2: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Lol. . I wonder how you got your certificate. You said 'it can only happen in Lagos and Yolobarudeens'; I replied you that, students put on hijab in Edo state. Is Edo state a yoruba land? Edo state is closer to your Delta state.
OK,Move
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by mrnigeria(m): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2016
Every school reserves the right to dictate the dress code of its students. There are schools that allow hijab, let them take their kids there. We can't tell a business owner how to run its own business.

For govt schools, they are secular institutions and as such the uniform must be respected.

Muslims should calm down a bit. They all know this anti-hijab thing is a security measure. They really got to calm down.

Again, there are lots of underpopulated Islamic schools. patronise them.

Besides, western education is haram, abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / When "Working" Your Posting Goes Wrong: A Nigerian Law Student's Story / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.