Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools (19427 Views)

Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus / Yoruba Language Bill: Lagos Schools Risk N500k Fine, Closure For Non-compliance / Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Cubeet2: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Lol. . I wonder how you got your certificate. You said 'it can only happen in Lagos and Yolobarudeens'; I replied you that, students put on hijab in Edo state. Is Edo state a yoruba land? Edo state is closer to your Delta state.
OK, Thank you
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by DavSagacity(m): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2016
Sman37:

lol listening to ur self Nigeria got her independent whit how many languages?
Why do whe have IRK and CRK studies upto higher and other level?
As long as the school belong to d state of federal government Muslim have full legal right to put on Hijab to school!!!
Constitution only forbids indecent dressing like many christian do even in University they encourage decent dressing
what is d gain for a man putting too skinned trousers or mini skirt and yash level das y high rate of rapping case are recorded mostly even in lagos with pastors bishops and sisters involved too!!!
Must u exhibit your religious stupidity to the world..? I didnt mention Your Islamic religion insides My post. Are u pleased with the things That are happening in Osun state. Read My post again and receive sense. You are Not the first idiot to qoute me though.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Blaizeless: 10:09am On Sep 19, 2016
christiscomin:
Good! We should be law abiding, afterall it has nothing to do with the Christian faith. I don't know why we are always sad seeing our Muslim neighbour children doing good/ developing in their religion. Afterall, no one forced our own children to be on hijab.

If you are supporting this knowing the fact that Nigeria is a secular state, then something is wrong with you. You need a pill.
Go tell the military start practicing hijab wearing as part of their uniform. What a Bleep.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by sekundosekundo: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2016
Nychillax:

I won't throw tantrums on you but u Lack moral and ability to diffuse ideas in open forum.who is talking about quality education here??The subject matter based on dressing not quality education.With or without hijab student that will succeed will succeed.What hell is the nonsense u are saying. Pls stay on yer lane if Yer cerebrum is has completely damaged or needs little adjustment. Pls and pls stay away from me if you can't comprehend the article.......

If u are pained just because of my comments, why can't you commit suicide or hug transformer.

Your Head must be in the POT when you were writing this.

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Sman37(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2016
ol listening to ur self Nigeria got her independent whit how many languages? Why do whe have IRK and CRK studies upto higher and other level? As long as the school belong to d state or federal government Muslim have full legal right to put on Hijab to school!!! Constitution only forbids indecent dressing like many christian do even in University they encourage decent dressing what is d gain for a man putting too skinned trousers or mini skirt and yash level das y high rate of rapping case are recorded mostly even in lagos with pastors bishops and sisters involved too!!!
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by OBAGADAFFI: 10:37am On Sep 19, 2016
I don't really like this silent religious battle going on the the SW.

Wearing Hijab or any religious clothing don't determining whether you are less religious or highly religious.
Wearing Hijab or any religious clothing don't determining quality of education.

Very soon this will bring all sorts of agitations and crisis, because other religions will be demanding full recognition of their own mode of dress.

It's time our Apolitical leaders in Yorubaland start addressing this issue before it turns bloody.

I suggest uniform be banned in all public schools and a stanbard dress mode be implemented.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by lanrex101: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2016
mathow55:
mssn you guys are mad.
is this how to train a child?
so a student should disobey his/her teacher because of your barbaric believe.

so this is all you can offer at this heat period?
instead of you to start planning for your future, you are here talking about one dress code that only lies in hypocrisy .

your ladies wears ijab, but they put on tight leggings to show their conto.

werey set of people

that was how I was in the bus yesterday , when an Islamic cleric was preaching , quoting scriptures from the bible and quran, just to gain approval from people.
you guys are the biggest hypocrite I know.

teach your believe without drawing others in,
every Christian music have been copied by the Muslim musicians, you guys are just too fake jare .

I am hungry jhor
Na your family be werey set of people. . .
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by mukhcech(m): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2016
Saintp:

Bros, it is not hate, it is common sense. The hijab is a religious wear, public schools should be neutral and uniform is a symbol of neutrality. Besides, most people get uncomfortable with people on hijab around them, bomb comes to mind. It is not our fault, we have seen people using the cover of hijab to detonate bombs.
therefore you cannot eat your cake and have it. it is either you leave religion out of public places or you go to where your religon reigns supreme. Mission schools are not banned.

Mission Schools built by who, with whose money. You are all comedians.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Nonsense! After the display of nonsense that happened in Osun, I'm surprised these Muslims are still clamouring for their female students to wear hijab.

This is why I've always reiterated that the law of the land should stand supreme, that no group have the right to force their religious habit(s) down the throat of government.

It's high time we separate religion from governance in this country. The clear presence of religion is causing enough squabble as it is already.
Whatever might have happened in osun state, hijab for muslim women is not negotiable.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2016
glossy6:

Don't mind those "holier than thou" people
Always unhappy at the mention of clothedness.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Iniesman: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2016
So far as dis is ithappening in a yuruba land am fine.. Since der decided to sale dia souls to d devil.....we in south south we are watching u guys in HD, and 12D..
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:35am On Sep 19, 2016
seguno2:

Hope you will say the same thing when Christians wear choir uniform to school.
They are free, the muslim hijab is not because of anything. It is simply a compulsory part of their dressing. If the Christians like, let them wear anything they like, when they are tired, on their own, they will drop them.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2016
seguno2:

An appeal can be made against the judgement and/or the state legislature makes a new law to address the problem.
Appeal? Over what has nothing to do with u? How does the muslim hijab affect u? Are u forced to wear hijab?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Saintp:

If this is the case, wouldn't it be better for muslims to go to islamic schools where it is certain that they cannot be corrupted in any form?
Since other religions including traditional worshippers respect the secularity of the uniform and abide by it, why can't muslims abide by it afterall the school is just for learning and last for just few hours?
Other religions are okay without hijab because it conforms with their dressing.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by sodieklucas(m): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2016
hijab is muslim right
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by seguno2: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2016
nextprince:
They are free, the muslim hijab is not because of anything. It is simply a compulsory part of their dressing. If the Christians like, let them wear anything they like, when they are tired, on their own, they will drop them.

If it is compulsory, why is our First Lady not wearing it?
Why are many Arab women and those of Indonesia, Malaysia etc not wearing them?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2016
Doublejoy411:
Muslim brothers it is not by hijab you will know a good person it is by what is inside......so you wear hijab or you no wear Na your inside be the koko
Then what exactly is the problem with the use of hijab by the muslims when u are not forced to use same?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2016
seguno2:

If it is compulsory, why is our First Lady not wearing it?
Why are many Arab women and those of Indonesia, Malaysia etc not wearing them?
When did the first lady become a model in Islam? Muslim ladies don't look up to Aisha Buhari for any islamic guidance the way u christians take PEJ as a religious role model. And when did all Arab women become muslims?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by superheads: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2016
can people for once use their God given brain and ask why would 5 judges sit and grant the use of Hijab without proper consultation and agreement with the constitution? how many of them were Muslims for a fact not conjectures. Muslims have the right to use the Hijab same way the beret, graduation gowns was introduced in schools from the church origin. No issue, but when its Muslims we become apprehensive. REAL HYPOCRISY
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
I do laugh when some Christians do say that we are in a secular state. Do you know the meaning of secular, it means a state without no religious belief(s). Nigeria is not a secular state but a multi-religious state.
If Nigeria is a secular state, why do most govt schools pray on the assembly ground with Christians hymns, praise and worship. I will keep on saying it, most Nigerian Christians are hypocrites.
To me all of them are hypocrites.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nextprince: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Cubeet2:
Did I mention Edo state? Is Edo same as Delta?
What is the difference between Imo and Abia apart from name?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by maxmiracle: 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
U seem to agree that the court should be the last arbiter following what the said constitution says. U also said that the demand if the religion is that the women must not leave their heads uncovered any where in the world. Does that not sound contradictory? Where the constitution goes against your religious belief in any country if the world, do u accept the superiority or the constitution or do u reject outright such constitution as against Islam & the Muslim faithfuls?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by tohact(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
them call your daughter to use am!!
fight for your right not to wrong anybody, so far it is not head we tie it.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by tolufase: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
That's pretty good for our Muslim sisters who want to practice their religion in totality. Even the real christian women don't leave their head open. So it's not peculiar to Muslim sisters alone if only our Christian friends on this platform could go back to their Bible and read it pretty well. Although, the new generation churches in Nigeria allow all such of dressing which makes it look as if it's only Muslim women that cover their head.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Saintp(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
mukhcech:

Mission Schools built by who, with whose money. You are all comedians.

Islamic missions schools built with Islamic money. They can go there abd school if possible cover head to toe. Lol
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by CandyDiamond(f): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
I wonder why Africans are so backward following Arab culture, even some Muslim countries have ban the wearing of hijab because it is a health hazard, Tunisia, Nigier,Malaysia, Indonesia that their women are not wearing hijab, I wonder whether they are not good Muslims, I blame Nigeria Muslim
Women for not fighting for their freedom and allowing male religious fanatics to continue to. suffocate them under hot heat, why can't a women leave her hair open,why is men not wearing hijab and covering their hair under terrible heat in Nigeria.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by CandyDiamond(f): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
tolufase:
That's pretty good for our Muslim sisters who want to practice their religion in totality. Even the real christian women don't leave their head open. So it's not peculiar to Muslim sisters alone if only our Christian friends on this platform could go back to their Bible and read it pretty well. Although, the new generation churches in Nigeria allow all such of dressing which makes it look as if it's only Muslim women that cover their head.
Why must a girl cover her hair,you why are not covering your hair all the time, if a girl most not allow anybody to see her hair why did God put hair in her head,If I happen to have my wish,all this men religious fanatics that is forcing female to wear hijab must also wear hijab,Tunisia and other core Muslim countries that have ban hijab,I know that their girls are not good since they expose the hair in their head.
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by waliyulah25(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
zubby55:
It wount work
says who?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by waliyulah25(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
zubby55:
It wount work
says who?
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Chukwudi, chinedu, micheal, lekan, john...go and bring your choir and usher uniforms let me help you wash them you are going to shool tomorrow. Gabriel and debora since you have washed your sutana you can bring them so i can iron them for you. Ogunjeunyo, ifamumiku, osuntiyo...bring your shame uniforms so, i can finish the spiritual work on them in preparing for school tomorrow
Re: Hijab: Obey Court Order, Muslims Warn Lagos Schools by nnokwa042(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
lol... hw many gala make i buy... cheesy cheesy cheesy
buy 30 pieces if na face me u dey live but if flat buy 6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / When "Working" Your Posting Goes Wrong: A Nigerian Law Student's Story / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.