Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Distant Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationship (937 Views)

All Those In A Long Distant Relationship / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationship by Oye50(m): 2:22am On Oct 12, 2009
Have u ever been involved in a distant relationship? If yes, lets hear ur experience cos felt to me i think it doesn't work most cases, forget about people usual advice on communication, i tell all na lie.
Re: Distant Relationship by yme1(f): 2:36am On Oct 12, 2009
what happens when u date long distance is that everytime u get together it is like a date.it is brand new and it is fresh but its not real.the real part of it you dont get to experience because everything is like a vacation undecided,you cant go beyound casual dating when u are miles away from each other
when you get ready to settle that thing on down some body gotta pack up their stuff
and if you cant and i aint then we are at the end of the road cry
THE THING YOU HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO IN DATING IS THAT YOU CAN NEVER BUILD IN SEPERATE PLACES cry cry
it takes strong people to keep distance relationship going undecided
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 3:17am On Oct 12, 2009
its just stupid to me cos u wana date some1 very far away from you,
Re: Distant Relationship by unitee(f): 8:42am On Oct 12, 2009
Tyt
Re: Distant Relationship by sugarpp: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2009
depends on the distance as in can regular visits be facilitated? also the personality of the people involved some people are clingy by nature others prefer their own space so long distance is perfect in that case. Also it depends on the duration of the separation and the purpose if longer than 1 year and no real plan for the future of the couple afterwards then it should just fizzle.
Re: Distant Relationship by spben(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2009
Distance relation workout sometimes but not always , i think it's not easy , thou out of sight is not out of mind but it's will later be out memories, it's boring most time , their wont be enough confident and trust even when your partner is not far away from you it's very difficult to trust and believe them
Re: Distant Relationship by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2009
Distant r/ships need a lot of, trust, patience, undertanding!! Infact, it needs a lot of WORK!!
  undecided
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2009
look ask ppl abroad abt how their babes here is doing they will tell you that the bitch left em for some1 else! haba the truth is u will definitely lie to each other!
Re: Distant Relationship by HIO4: 7:46am On Oct 15, 2009
aomom:

look ask ppl abroad abt how their babes here is doing they will tell you that the bitch left em for some1 else! haba the truth is u will definitely lie to each other!
grin grin grin I had to laugh at that. You speak the cold hard truth, brother. Nothing but the truth.
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2009
this is nat a matter of making this up i dont av a galfriend because all the gals i am interested in are saying the same thing which is am too busy for them, this is me that is within range talk less of some1 out of reach
Re: Distant Relationship by Ben13: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2009
we only communicate through phone. Thanks to Multilinks.
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2009
civilize ben this is prof. teejaynificent how yah doing?
Re: Distant Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2009
I won't say its easy. . .but we make it work. . .and I can bet you I have a better relationship than most of the close proximity relationships. . .

I also come to understand n realize. . .if your relationship stands the test of the distance and time. . .then when you both finally together. . .it would be hard for anything to break up both apart. . .because that trust, understanding and communication has been built. . .

You just gonna know if your partner is worth the stress and find a way to make it work. . .and its also important to take every opportunity you can get to go visiting your partner. . . wink
Re: Distant Relationship by ebila(m): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
@poster,
Distant relationship is pure bad news.In most cases it doesn't work.Even if two people were so much in love n somehow one had to go away,d distance breaks them up eventually but for a few that endures.
My experience was actually not a very bad one or pleasant.Distance made me feel we were compatible until we had d time to spend together.When we spent time together,it occured to me that i would've made d greatest mistake of my life had i decided to marry her like i planned.Like IICE mentioned in her post,distant relationship is only fresh each time u meet,but it's not real.Closeness is what's real!
Re: Distant Relationship by TheHenrys(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
@Thonia slim,
you hit the nail on the head.
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

I won't say its easy. . .but we make it work. . .and I can bet you I have a better relationship than most of the close proximity relationships. . .

I also come to understand n realize. . .if your relationship stands the test of the distance and time. . .then when you both finally together. . .it would be hard for anything to break up both apart. . .because that trust, understanding and communication has been built. . .

You just gonna know if your partner is worth the stress and find a way to make it work. . .and its also important to take every opportunity you can get to go visiting your partner. . . wink

anything thats has been structured nat to go wrong, when it does it is difficult to correct!
baby it simple even ppl that are within the range are cheating on each other, nat to talk of ppl far apart that u dont know jack about
Re: Distant Relationship by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2009
It cn wrk if dey are committed. I mean, even d byfy/grlfy dt cohabitates wt u, cn fck under ur nose wtout u knwing.
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
olusolami:

It cn wrk if dey are committed. I mean, even d byfy/grlfy dt cohabitates wt u, cn fck under your nose wtout u knwing.

yeah right them wan they dhl something to each other?
Re: Distant Relationship by iice(f): 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
Works for some. . .doesnt for others.
Communication. . .yes it's important. And i don't mean just opening your mouth to speak. Communications involves alot of things. Honesty, loyalty and honor if only cheesy.

Personally not my scene. Even as a kid i knew that.
Re: Distant Relationship by aomom(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2009
Even the close range ones the trust is nat stable, there will be monitoring from both parties! Buh distance relationship hmmm a hard! Even the married ones that their spouse is in another country or state r nat finding it easy! Xpecially d ladies hu wants their partner to be alwayz with them!
Re: Distant Relationship by Igwe9(m): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
it works for me if we are gonna be seeing each atleast once in 1,2,3 to 4 months.it helps as ain't gonna get enough of her. absence they say makes the heart grow fonder
Re: Distant Relationship by Rooneyboy(m): 6:05am On Oct 17, 2009
I think distant relationships is meant only 4 the strong hearted.
Re: Distant Relationship by zerocool(m): 7:13am On Oct 17, 2009
@poster; Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, at a point in time in your relationship, there will 'always' be some distance between you and her. For example,you just graduated and she's still in school, will you go live with her on campus? Or she goes for NYSC in anambra and you're working in lagos, what will you do? Even if you're both close in proximity,if she's a biatch,she's still gonna cheat on you. The key thing is TRUST & UNDERSTANDING.
Re: Distant Relationship by Oye50(m): 11:12am On Oct 17, 2009
Zerocool, yea i really feel ur post, u hit d nail on the head n i guess there is no other truth dan that.

(1) (Reply)

Her Uncle Wanna Sleep With Her. / Does Love Truely Exist? / Must Read:my Dilemma,wat Wil U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.