Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Million Miles Away - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Million Miles Away (974 Views)

Knowing And Sensing True Love From Miles Away!! / How Is It Dat One's Heart Can Fall In Luv With Someone Thousand Miles Away? / He's Asking Me Out From Thousands of Miles Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2010
You have enjoyed a great relationship with him/her for the past 2yrs but he/she has to travel to the US for a year and half,all in a bid to make ends meet.Can that distance kill that precious relationship you have always shared with him/her?
Note - you guys arent married and no kids involved yet and you know he/she has always loved you sincerly.
Re: Million Miles Away by papa190(m): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2010
as long as you are +ve that he's gonna go and come back in a year and half

then u have 2 wait,

if u kant wait, he goes and comes back and finds u wif someone else

another woman would simply reap the fruits of ur labour pronto-dicke
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2010
Distance has a way of distrupting the hitherto sweet love.
Re: Million Miles Away by Brownteeth(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2010
^^^Seems only the both of femmy and papa190 are online now. femmy opened the first tnread and only 190 commented. Now Femmy opened this tnread and only 190 commenting.
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2010
Its Panny190's turn to baby sit the baby and for me I had a very sleepy day and not feeling sleepy yet.you?
Re: Million Miles Away by iice(f): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
Happened a long time ago. . .when i was a child. He was delusional it would work. I was adamant we break off. LDR is not for me. Good decision too cheesy Can't be bothered with calls and all that in SDR na LDR i wan start? grin
Re: Million Miles Away by yme1(f): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
nothing good about LDR. it takes strong people to take it going tho
because to me everything is like a vacation
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2010
Would you end an hitherto smooth relationship because the other is going to be away for about a year?
Re: Million Miles Away by MissyB1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
I've always said - D.Rs don't work.  . . . .1 out of 1000 probably.
It doesn't matter how smooth everything seems at the beginning, before You know it - Graaaaaaaa!!! It all crumbles, and there goes all Your effort lying on the ground like a trampled rose, and then, reality dawns on You.
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
MissyB,
What if your LOVE says he/she has to go for a year course in the Uk,does that mean you accept that it is the end of the relationship?
Re: Million Miles Away by MissyB1(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2010
femmy2010:

MissyB,
What if your LOVE says he/she has to go for a year course in the Uk,does that mean you accept that it is the end of the relationship?

I'D let him go, bearing in mind, there's a 98% chance I'D lose him.
Re: Million Miles Away by papa190(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^
Just for 1 year

Lol, what makes u feel u have lost him~
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2010
MissyB,
Sure you know it pays to be optimistic of good happenings and is it that easy to let go of true love?
Re: Million Miles Away by Omolola1(f): 7:59am On Jul 27, 2010
no matter how far he goes, i would wait for him bearing in mind that he loves me and i love him,but one cant be too sure
Re: Million Miles Away by Acidosis(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2010
One year is not a big deal!
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2010
Acidosis,
I second you.One year is fair enough for a True love to live for.
Re: Million Miles Away by omofat: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2010
Missy B:

I'D let him go, bearing in mind, there's a 98% chance I'D lose him.

Very true.

While it is good to be hopeful, the reality remains that the majority of people in such situations dont make it. Some do and I'm sure we all have examples of people who it worked out for in the end. But most times, it doesnt work.

The person that travelled for one year usually ends up staying longer than that. The distance puts a strain on the relationship. They suddenly start meeting other people in school, church, work, whereever, and the feelings just develop.
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2010
Do you feel acting and looking out for the relationship not to make it could make it not make it?
Re: Million Miles Away by flysly(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
have once been in one,wasn't comfortable wit it cos i kept wondering who she is wit.
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2010
I guess no matter what,Life goes on. grin
Re: Million Miles Away by coolier(f): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
Some people say 'Out of sight, out of mind', others disagree and say, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder', but I will only say 'If theres no loophole on the wall, the lizard can never pass through it'.

Acidosis:

One year is not a big deal!

One year is a long long time and a lot can happen in one year.
Re: Million Miles Away by luap: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
We are doing it. We are waiting for our visa to go through. We use lots of skype, cyber sx, If I am lucky I get a sx fashion show. We see eachother about every other month. It is costly.
Re: Million Miles Away by femmy2010(m): 3:22am On Jul 28, 2010
Having a set end date for the distance help.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Yoruba Gels Like Dis? / As A Guy: Hmmmn / We Can Be Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.