Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Desperation To Get Married - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Desperation To Get Married (35360 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:

Most of the girls you meet online are mostly runs girls.

Have you tried... Shey one just asked you now. Biko try before you conclude. Good luck smiley
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by jashar(f): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Op, where can applicants forward prospective applications?

grin grin grin grin grin

All the best bro.

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Dyt(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
Proddey

Ezzz it not people like you that tag ladies runs babes
Your standards are like building a mountain

You don't want this
You don't want that

Just pick a paper and draw your specs
Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by kaboninc(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:
Your life must continue and you shouldn’t make decisions around finding a partner.

This is just the honest truth. Live your life, aim for your goals and strive to achieve it. Life must go on.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can only imagine what the ladies are passing through emotionally and psychologically. I know that ladies feel the pressure much more. At least we guys don’t have our biological clocks to think about. It gets to a stage that your parents will stop disturbing you to get married, they’ll now start praying for you.

I am not as old as you are (younger by the way) but I do share in this.

For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age and particularly to the right person so that you don't have to pass through the emotions of desperation to get married.

That is the most important thing.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by moski5(m): 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
This kind of a Post n thread is rare on Nairaland and I guess few have gotten the hint. I'll even the playing ground: Ladies this guy ain't a player or the type that sleeps around, he's ready for marriage but one or two things.

its up to you ladies who are ready to reach n see if he fits your mold... NB this kind of guys ain't good fishers lol

Happy hunting<winks>
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by sisisioge: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
moski5:
This kind of a Post n thread is rare on Nairaland and I guess few have gotten the hint. I'll even the playing ground: Ladies this guy ain't a player or the type that sleeps around, he's ready for marriage but one or two things.

its up to you ladies who are ready to reach n see if he fits your mold... NB this kind of guys ain't good fishers lol

Happy hunting<winks>

Dearest moski, ur head dey there. For a guy to come all out like this one should know that he really means business: to marry or con. Now, it is in the hands of the target audience to further discern which he is. I already gave him a green light, let me be the first to check him out. Unless, someone already beat me to it wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Dyt(f): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
sisisioge:

I already gave him a green light, let me be the first to check him out. Unless, someone already beat me to it wink

Pls tag me when it gets good
I am a lover of great news

3 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by sisisioge: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dyt:

Pls tag me when it gets good
I am a lover of great news

grin grin grin no worry, let me check first. Maybe na me go be bearer of good news to other shy spinsters in the house. Just in case we don't jive...
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Dyt(f): 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin no worry, let me check first. Maybe na me go be bearer of good news to other shy spinsters in the house. Just in case we don't jive...

It feels good to know you are opened
Let's just hope for the best

Btw
Shaybebaby has a thread about trio Italians na
cheesy
White men rocks oo
If no be say I don get ade ori
I for follow suit oo
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by sisisioge: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dyt:

It feels good to know you are opened
Let's just hope for the best

Btw
Shaybebaby has a thread about trio Italians na
cheesy
White men rocks oo
If no be say I don get ade ori
I for follow suit oo

grin grin grin I love mulatto babies but not yellow guys. Oyinbos go too yellow.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Dyt(f): 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin I love mulatto babies but not yellow guys. Oyinbos go too yellow.

Wetin be mullato?

Interracial is actually so beautiful
I admire them a whole lot
Well they say we are different

Good luck and don't forget to invite me

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by omoikea(m): 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2016
grin
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by jmoore(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
The op still dey dull. See as many spinsters dey declare interest. cheesy

You better act now, unless when you clock 40 you go see the real desperation.

3 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by richidinho(m): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
cindybaby22:
Surprised this is coming from a guy
thought it apply to we ladies alone
my elder bro is going to be 41 this month & he doesn't feel the need to get married at all.
him matter tire me

That institution no be child's play oo
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by ArabMopol(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
OP u need deliverance...
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by shaybebaby(f): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
sisisioge:

Just spread your oyinbo under hot sun, e go brown sharply. tongue
Apart from the butt though, that one no dey see sun. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Linda ikeji is single too cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
@OP

Three female handles on this thread have consciously or unconsciously given the green light, they don't necessarily have to spell it out.

What are you waiting for?

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by 49cents(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
southernbelle:
https://www.nairaland.com/2815882/travails-marrying-late

Welldone op, you just copied and added extra to it.

Amen to this prayer.

I knew I had seen OPs post on NL only it had more likes than his....busted

Smartypants
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
I have nothing to say. This is coming from a guy,hmmmm! Wonders shall never end oh! undecided

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Taryur3(m): 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Am like 9yrs younger than the Op but am feeling more concern about marriage than the Op self...I was on phone with my mum Di's morning for like 40mins...and the main topic is my son...what is delaying you.you have not even introduced anyone to me...pls,let me know someone with you this December...we gonna pray about it.its time for you to marry.I took a deep thought about this and really feel sorry for myself.i have like 4 suitors buh non of this wot a wife material...dey are fashion prank...dey are the cars freakers..still hopin to meet the right person...even if its here on nairaland.buh seriously, if I meet that Mrs right today...and God signed it..definitely I will be a married man before December.Financially, God has blessed me beyond measure.I feel for the Op though at 37 single? God forbid o

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by beautiful232(f): 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
I'm not surprise anymore Cause

a man of 43 years old approach me for marriage
And his so danm desperate

And I asked...What were you waiting for till now??
he said his been waiting for the right woman
No woman or man is perfect...Just pray and let GOD take control...
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by chronique(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
I can relate very well with your post. The thought of this your comment,scares the living day light out of me. God knows how honest I'd always be with a lady I get involved with. But the question is,will she be straight and honest with me too? This is a question I can't answer and of course,it makes me feel bad.
proddey:

Most of the girls you meet online are mostly runs girls.

2 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
And this is one of the few post i'd see and ponder and wonder on and at the end of the day all I can say is Jesus take the wheel, and to make matter worst it is the way the Nigerian society imposes marriage on people not regarding the fact that one has to fall and be in love with his/her other counterpart before thinking of marriage if love does not happen on time they'll say you are proud and choosy. My candid advice to all singles out there pls and pls marriage is not and never will be and achievement ensure that you really love whoever you intend to marry and don't give an ear to what people will say regarding your status. Marriage will happen when it happens, afterall nobody is destined to be single, and to the married ones pls stop lashing out @ singles you don't know why they are in that situation give them that peace they deserve. And to that I will say goodluck to the married ones #justmyhumbleopinion

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:

1. You're really not meeting people is the main reason.
2. Your job takes about 80% of your time.
3. You must want someone that wants you
etc

Same here I leave for work 7 and return home like 9 or worst 10 sat and Sunday I stay indoor doing personal works am just 7 years away from you, and I think am beginning to feel it too, it starts with not meeting new people and being too busy to meet people and also too much work. As we get older we tend to relax and not club around so that kills the chances altogether. cry I should have dated in university

10 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
surprised that this is coming from a guy,my birthday is next week and I feel like with every birthday my marital clock is ticking, just yesterday I got a message on fbk which I barely check only to see it was from a friend who we last chatted since 2013,apparently she is getting married, I felt that rush of desperation all over again, I guess at a point in one's life there is the sudden urge for companionship

5 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Henricarter(m): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
cindybaby22:
Surprised this is coming from a guy
thought it apply to we ladies alone
my elder bro is going to be 41 this month & he doesn't feel the need to get married at all.
him matter tire me
. Carry yu brova go cele church cleansing
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by brossam2001(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Op . Gerrahiamen. This post was plagiarised from a post in December 2015.

https://www.nairaland.com/2815882/travails-marrying-late.

If it is the same person with different name , what about ur age...are u still 37 years now and last year?

My Friend get out here. I know u will blame me for wrong full insertion.

proddey:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt only ladies become desperate to get married; I never knew that guys also become desperate at a particular age.

Once a 35 yr old single lady in my former office was crying in the office. She refused to speak on the reason why she was crying until she eventually opened up to one of my colleagues to say that she feels like she might never get married again. Apparently she had tried all she could but no one seems to be interested in her hand in marriage. It was actually quite amusing to me because I used to think that we all have the ability to control our emotions regardless of what we are passing through.

Everything changed about me when I turned 34. One day I was on my bed in my bedroom and suddenly I felt a rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden I just began to realise that I was desperate to get married. I really can’t explain what happened to me that day; you need to actually experience it to know what I’m talking about. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer bear it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage or weddings around me; I would just stylishly excuse myself from their midst.

In my office they nicknamed me "the oldest bachelor". Trust me, I really don’t find that nickname funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" These are questions that I just can't take emotionally. Naija peeps could be so insensitive at times! I’ve had two ladies tell me that they cried on their 30th birthday because they never ever imagined that they’d still be single at age 30.

I must confess that when I go to church these days, I barely pay attention to what is being preached. Instead my eyes just keep roaming round the church checking out all the single ladies to see which one of them I can poach on immediately after service.

I was meant to travel to the U.S seven years ago but I decided not to because I felt my chances of marrying a Nigerian lady would be higher if I remained in Nigeria. Seven years has passed and still nothing nothing. For those of you who feel changing location, like returning back to Nigeria, would increase your chances of finding a spouse, it is not guaranteed, you had better just remained where you are. Your spouse would locate you there. Your life must continue and you shouldn’t make decisions around finding a partner.

For those of you who got married early or who are still young so you never experienced the pressure to get married, you really don’t know what matured singles are passing through. Sometimes, you find yourself thinking too much and the thoughts can really weigh you down. Matured single ladies cry a lot.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can only imagine what the ladies are passing through emotionally and psychologically. I know that ladies feel the pressure much more. At least we guys don’t have our biological clocks to think about. It gets to a stage that your parents will stop disturbing you to get married, they’ll now start praying for you.

For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age and particularly to the right person so that you don't have to pass through the emotions of desperation to get married.

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Tamakay(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
This can only happen to those boys and girls that are carried away with the enjoyment that is inherent in singlehood. Them yapka for PH, Warri and the depot- Lasgidi. They don't just calculate when to stop
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Majoroperation: 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:

1. You're really not meeting people is the main reason.
2. Your job takes about 80% of your time.
3. You must want someone that wants you
etc

It all depends on what you Want.
Assuming you want a nurse as wife
Step to take.
1. Go to general hospital or top 10 hospital in your vicinity with a friend
2. Stay at the gate and choice the one you want
3. Follow the nurse to her ward
4. Book a date with her provided you ask her if she not married yet.
If unsuccessful
Repeat the cycle.
This is just the easy format bro

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
It's not really about getting married but getting married to the right person. The greatest asset of a man is having God and a good wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

60-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Many Years Of Waiting / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.