Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

The Desperation To Get Married - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Desperation To Get Married (35342 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Forwetinnah: 1:06am On Sep 23, 2016
sisisioge:
OK, pls say no more...will you marry me?

I know there will be times when you'll wonder if you made the right choice but hey, we will do a lot of laughing? Come and marry me.

You go fear application na... grin
OP, Ngwanu say na more o
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Forwetinnah: 1:15am On Sep 23, 2016
proddey:

1. You're really not meeting people is the main reason.
2. Your job takes about 80% of your time.
3. You must want someone that wants you
etc

I completely agree with you on No3
With divorce rates constantly rising, it's a must to get hitched to someone who wants you as much or even more than you want them. These days people get married for very selfish reasons, family name, partner's profession or position, money and what have you...Goodluck OP.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by LastProphet: 2:11am On Sep 23, 2016
Ioannes:
Male or female, it's best to remain single for life than get married and live quiet lives of absolute desperation and despair because you are married to someone whom you've grown to hate and vice versa.

Don't let Facebook pics fool you. Not everyone who is married is happy.

There are worse things than living a single life, and one of them is waking up next to someone everyday of your life whom you wish would die so you can move on.

Get a dog or a cat or something... undecided

the dumb OP is supposed to pay you for this advice, anyway most of this nonsense are caused by poor educational system, nollywood movies, and pastors who didn't pass waec but are authorities on all subjects to their gullible members. the moment you travel once out of Nigeria all these nonsense you hear about marriage becomes complete trash. the op is not involved in any busy activity or project and he most likely not the type that reads. if you know how many married people cry at night you would go and look for a goal to pursue in your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by madepatra: 2:30am On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=proddey post=49555966]

Most of the girls you meet online are mostly runs girls.

Op thts not correct o, I met my husband online, still the best thing that ever happened to me. U can meet ur spouse anywhere n I mean ANYWHERE

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by davidif: 2:50am On Sep 23, 2016
proddey:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt only ladies become desperate to get married; I never knew that guys also become desperate at a particular age.

Once a 35 yr old single lady in my former office was crying in the office. She refused to speak on the reason why she was crying until she eventually opened up to one of my colleagues to say that she feels like she might never get married again. Apparently she had tried all she could but no one seems to be interested in her hand in marriage. It was actually quite amusing to me because I used to think that we all have the ability to control our emotions regardless of what we are passing through.

Everything changed about me when I turned 34. One day I was on my bed in my bedroom and suddenly I felt a rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden I just began to realise that I was desperate to get married. I really can’t explain what happened to me that day; you need to actually experience it to know what I’m talking about. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer bear it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage or weddings around me; I would just stylishly excuse myself from their midst.

In my office they nicknamed me "the oldest bachelor". Trust me, I really don’t find that nickname funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" These are questions that I just can't take emotionally. Naija peeps could be so insensitive at times! I’ve had two ladies tell me that they cried on their 30th birthday because they never ever imagined that they’d still be single at age 30.

I must confess that when I go to church these days, I barely pay attention to what is being preached. Instead my eyes just keep roaming round the church checking out all the single ladies to see which one of them I can poach on immediately after service.

I was meant to travel to the U.S seven years ago but I decided not to because I felt my chances of marrying a Nigerian lady would be higher if I remained in Nigeria. Seven years has passed and still nothing nothing. For those of you who feel changing location, like returning back to Nigeria, would increase your chances of finding a spouse, it is not guaranteed, you had better just remained where you are. Your spouse would locate you there. Your life must continue and you shouldn’t make decisions around finding a partner.

For those of you who got married early or who are still young so you never experienced the pressure to get married, you really don’t know what matured singles are passing through. Sometimes, you find yourself thinking too much and the thoughts can really weigh you down. Matured single ladies cry a lot.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can only imagine what the ladies are passing through emotionally and psychologically. I know that ladies feel the pressure much more. At least we guys don’t have our biological clocks to think about. It gets to a stage that your parents will stop disturbing you to get married, they’ll now start praying for you.

For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age and particularly to the right person so that you don't have to pass through the emotions of desperation to get married.

Wow! this is eye opening.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by davidif: 2:52am On Sep 23, 2016
proddey:

I was meant to travel to the U.S seven years ago but I decided not to because I felt my chances of marrying a Nigerian lady would be higher if I remained in Nigeria. Seven years has passed and still nothing nothing. For those of you who feel changing location, like returning back to Nigeria, would increase your chances of finding a spouse, it is not guaranteed, you had better just remained where you are. Your spouse would locate you there. Your life must continue and you shouldn’t make decisions around finding a partner.

Bro, this is so me. I have been in yanki for too long and i am beginning to think that i can only meet someone when i come back to Naija.

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by agesron(f): 2:57am On Sep 23, 2016
proddey:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt only ladies become desperate to get married; I never knew that guys also become desperate at a particular age.

Once a 35 yr old single lady in my former office was crying in the office. She refused to speak on the reason why she was crying until she eventually opened up to one of my colleagues to say that she feels like she might never get married again. Apparently she had tried all she could but no one seems to be interested in her hand in marriage. It was actually quite amusing to me because I used to think that we all have the ability to control our emotions regardless of what we are passing through.

Everything changed about me when I turned 34. One day I was on my bed in my bedroom and suddenly I felt a rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden I just began to realise that I was desperate to get married. I really can’t explain what happened to me that day; you need to actually experience it to know what I’m talking about. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer bear it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage or weddings around me; I would just stylishly excuse myself from their midst.

In my office they nicknamed me "the oldest bachelor". Trust me, I really don’t find that nickname funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" These are questions that I just can't take emotionally. Naija peeps could be so insensitive at times! I’ve had two ladies tell me that they cried on their 30th birthday because they never ever imagined that they’d still be single at age 30.

I must confess that when I go to church these days, I barely pay attention to what is being preached. Instead my eyes just keep roaming round the church checking out all the single ladies to see which one of them I can poach on immediately after service.

For those of you who got married early or who are still young so you never experienced the pressure to get married, you really don’t know what matured singles are passing through. Sometimes, you find yourself thinking too much and the thoughts can really weigh you down. Matured single ladies cry a lot.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can only imagine what the ladies are passing through emotionally and psychologically. I know that ladies feel the pressure much more. At least we guys don’t have our biological clocks to think about. It gets to a stage that your parents will stop disturbing you to get married, they’ll now start praying for you.

For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age and particularly to the right person so that you don't have to pass through the emotions of desperation to get married.

Oh my!!! Your post hit me so hard because am feeling the same way.

3 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Ishilove: 3:25am On Sep 23, 2016
I can swear I've seen this post before, with a different username... undecided

I'm 90% certain I've seen this post before, with minor additions.

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Ishilove: 3:34am On Sep 23, 2016
Aha! I knew I have seen this post before.

https://www.nairaland.com/2815882/travails-marrying-late..

Proddey, what is the meaning of this thievery? Blaady liar. You shamelessly plagiarised a Dec 2015 post with a straight face angry

A2space, someone has stolen your post o angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 23, 2016
cindybaby22:
Surprised this is coming from a guy
thought it apply to we ladies alone
my elder bro is going to be 41 this month & he doesn't feel the need to get married at all.
him matter tire me

cheesy
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 4:43am On Sep 23, 2016
wristbangle:

Is it the same mysticgal that contested in just concluded NL competition is d same person on your dp? A lot has change about u. Looking more beautiful. Long time
Yea.. It's me. I am fine. You?
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 4:45am On Sep 23, 2016
marcopollo:

When you're there you're wishing him... Just submit your cv to him, no time. Lol. It's a joke o!
Lol.....
This is not my real face oh cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 4:47am On Sep 23, 2016
legendarystar:

you are using one story to generalize don't form and miss ur husband oo, thinking at 38yrs he will come begging on his kneels for ur hand toh...
OK, maybe it was wrong to generalize but I just wanted to say OK, he's a living proof that desperation exist in men.....
And as to forming, shey you don't know that shakara is the in thing *runs off* tongue
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 4:48am On Sep 23, 2016
advocatebaba:
GUYS FEEL D DESPERATION BT SAYING IT OUT IS RARE
Thank you, God bless you. Ah ah

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 5:06am On Sep 23, 2016
CuteMorriz:
Now you are changing the subject...your previous post was a deduction that was based on the article. How do you conclude desperation exist in both gender since you had already discredited the article by saying your conclusion is irrespective of the article (same article that was your Base in the previous post). Let me assume you had an inkling that desperation exist in both gender are you implying that this article is a confirmation? Yes! Let me answer that for you...it still goes back to what I was trying to point out earlier "hasty conclusion...

"A mm brain" simply means 1 millimetre brain"...sorry I made that statement, it was uncalled for...
To cut this whole thing short, I believe what I meant to say was that, desperation to get married do actually exist in both male and female but the males are most likely going to keep the desperation to themselves and complain in another way while the women folks act it out or say it. The op making the thread whether true or false still depicts that males get desperate to marry and hey i have some other kind of proof

Alizma:
any man that knows wat he is doing and care to raise his kids to a reasonable stage before heavenly call come knocking will certainly become desperate at certain age. even though I had planned to settle down at age btw 27-30, I didn't know how I got to be single at 35 and d desperation became something else but glory be to God my wedding comes up in less than a month from now.

And dear the conclusion wasn't hasty, I have heard other guys say they are desperate to get married (I don't know if I made any sense)
And to 1 mm brain :you have no inkling on how I'd use that brain to change to the world and most possible, bring it to my feet tongue Anyways, I have no issues.
Adios wink
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by skibochi(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2016
See guy no rush anything and do not be disturbed by anything! just take your time and have an open mind, no desperate moves and be social. I met my wife when i was 38 and I'm a very happy bros right now....gba bé!!! and she is even older than i am but we are happy fa. This marriage business no be by force o. Focus on your priorities, pray and leave baba God to do is magic tricks.

3 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mykel25(m): 5:58am On Sep 23, 2016
sisisioge:
OK, pls say no more...will you marry me?

I know there will be times when you'll wonder if you made the right choice but hey, we will do a lot of laughing? Come and marry me.

you wey dey find 2bedroom n ure single...you ve q lotta explanation to that ooooo.....like na so your loads plenty reach, do u ve kids as a single mother etc... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by HomeTutor1(f): 6:18am On Sep 23, 2016
It has not been easy for ladies too. The fear of cheating and rejection is preventing us from starting a new relationship with some guys/men. All we are praying for is to settle down with a responsible and trustworthy Husband.
but It is very difficult to meet such people.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by gidjah(m): 6:20am On Sep 23, 2016
Hahaa , haba,awa mejeji are both guilty o, ma binu sha,ise gba omi lopo Lopo Ni o,sugbon isimi die ti wa lasiko yi bayi,emi ama bere yin lati oni lo,so ma binu at all.quote author=Melsan post=49591548]mi wa,eyin nko?adupe fun oluwa..eku airi Eni ai Bere eni sad[/quote]
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by queenfav(f): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2016
I have resolved to making each day of my life count,whether single or married...Its pointless putting your life on hold,getting depressed over the fact that you are unmarried.Apparently,finding the right partner can feel like searching for the Holy Grail.I blame society for the way it unconsciously makes people feel that being unmarried is a disease that needs immediate treatment-marriage at all costs!As a result,people tend to rush into relationships because they are afraid they are not going to have anybody, like that’s a bad thing! Also, we’re not a society that understands how important it is to be really ready for the commitment,work,honesty and compromises marriage requires. It’s fine to want to be with somebody, but you’ve got to figure out what you’re looking for and be willing to wait for it, rather than risking finding out what you don’t want when you’re in the middle of a lifelong union.I figured it takes guts to go against all the cultural expectations and pressure; but it takes even more to live a lie, to get divorced, to fight with someone every day, to be unhappy FOREVER..No one should feel like they have to have someone there with them to show outside people that they’re worthy or respected.I recently witnessed a ballif in Court saying divorce petitions are even more than other civil suits.This goes to show that marriage isn't for everyone. Many were lucky to come to that realization before getting married, but were too scared to say it to themselves and others so they don't get looked upon as crazy or weird.Abeg,its not a do or die something.

8 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by pepigeorge(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2016
cindybaby22:
Surprised this is coming from a guy
thought it apply to we ladies alone
my elder bro is going to be 41 this month & he doesn't feel the need to get married at all.
him matter tire me

Lol... but him get bread abi him dey wait make him take am majorly...... besides, if ur elder brother is 41...hhmm u don pass 30....... grin
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by lalasticlala(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw / Help Me Make A Decision On What Mattress To Buy (vitafoam Or Mouka)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.