Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time (21659 Views)

Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger / Dangote Plans 12,000 MW Power Generation In 2-years / Dangote Plans To Generate 12,000MW Of Electricity By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by samsono30: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dangote is a bastard tell him i say so, Is he not also advising federal government to sell its asset, so he can buy some of them. Remmenber the same Dangote got import wavers from Nigeria government in previous government which has boost his company sales, is it not part of they people running they monopoly government, why is dangote not loaning Nigeria money or is he not capable? so now they want to sell these country totally because if they will sell Nigerian asset is still these same thieves that have looted this country that will buy it. Am saying it again Dangote is not to be trusted. How much is cement now, all the raw material is gotten in kogi state but now he has increase cement money for Nigerian. Now today he is advising government on National Tv to sellimg our asset. now again he wants to buy Arsenal in four years so that when NIgeria sell his assets to him now, in the next four years after making profits he can now buy Asenal club. All i know is that this guy is part of Nigeria's problem.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by aadvark: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Capableben:
..... Good for him.
Meanwhile,
Watch Out for my Independence day celebration single titled My Nation ft LS Ecorest that is set to drop on 1st October.
This single reflects upon our journey so far as a nation and it will rekindle that fire of passion we need to continue this journey.
It's a "must-listen" for every concerned Nigerian out there. #MyNation _#AnticipateHard_
have u done any song before? cos i think i know one of ur songs. unless its another misterben. do u have any ties with kogi state?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Lukmann1: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Adagba1:
Waste of school fees
is on your life.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by dadabashua1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

I said unless he is ready to spend a lot, which is bad business. Unless he wants to use Arsenal as charity organization.

Kroenke won't sell his own shares cheap.
that kroenke of a guy is one of Arsenal major problems.. seriously am tired of the stingy American.. I doubt if he is even a football lover.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

Easily? Will he force the major shareholders to sell? undecided
Lol. Dude. Why are you talking like this na? Arsenal is worth £2 billion. If Dangote tables an offer of £3.5 billion they will RUSH at it, that's a very high return, almost twice the value of the club. And that amount is no problem for Dangote to release.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by proeast(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Foolish man, after buying over a third of our economy at scrap value through the back door & manipulation, this man wants to go and waste it on Arsenal and improve Britain while Kano Pillars & Enyimba in his backyard are begging for sponsors!! You think you can imitate Abramovich & those Middle East money bags? To English fans, press and shareholders, you are just a blackman from a poor African country where people are dying of starvation & diseases, they will ridicule you to the extent that you will regret the day that stvpid idea came to your mind!! Come & buy NLNG at scrap value make we see. Nonsense!!!!
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Otapipia: 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

There goes another one with lack of comprehension.

You're the one not well tutored on how to send a simple message devoid of the possibility of multiple interpretations. How come so many of us a reacting the same way to your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
Otapipia:

You're the one not well tutored on how to send a simple message devoid of the possibility of multiple interpretations. How come so many of us a reacting the same way to your opinion?
Because many of your kind are ignorant. Not my fault.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Otapipia: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

Because many of your kind are ignorant. Not my fault.
Hahahahaha, my brother, you don't come close at all. You just goofed, deal with that.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Lol. Dude. Why are you talking like this na? Arsenal is worth £2 billion. If Dangote tables an offer of £3.5 billion they will RUSH at it, that's a very high return, almost twice the value of the club. And that amount is no problem for Dangote to release.
Not every owner of a club is really interested in the high return. Most want it for Prestige. Kroenke, the major shareholder is a difficult guy.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ijaya123: 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
mmb:
Does he know if he will be alive to buy The Arsenal FC in four years time.

Do you know where you will be in four years time?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Otapipia:

Hahahahaha, my brother, you don't come close at all. You just goofed, deal with that.
You are the one that needs to sit down and learn.

Before you interpret read the whole post, not just a phrase.
undecided
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ijaya123: 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
mmb:
Does he know if he will be alive to buy The Arsenal FC in four years time.

Do you know where you will be in four years time?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by AdebolaMich: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
you know nothing and am gonna show you (DANGOTE) something............................................people are starving you this country...rate of unemployment increases year after year because schools produce graduate every year............So Oga Dangote provide work and not buying share.

Readers are Leaders........is an abortive slogan
Leaders of tomorrow.............tomorrow is Friday................
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

Not every owner of a club is really interested in the high return. Most want it for Prestige. Kroenke, the major shareholder is a difficult guy.
I don't think you fully grasp the impact those billions would do in his Forbes ranking of richest men. There's a limit to prestige. When C Ronaldo left Man Utd, don't you think they'd have kept him if they could've? The money they made form selling him covers more than the bottom 5 clubs made in a whole season.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by adegeye38(m): 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:
It is not possible. Unless he is ready to spend a lot, I mean a lot of $billions.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who is worth $15 billion by Forbes has 30% share.

The major shareholder American Stan Kroenke has 65%.
The question u should ask urself is hw much is arsenal worth?, arsenal is worth 1.1 billion pounds
So he doesnot have to spend up to a billion to be a majority shareholder
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I don't think you fully grasp the impact those billions would do in his Forbes ranking of richest men. There's a limit to prestige. When C Ronaldo left Man Utd, don't you think they'd have kept him if they could've? The money they made form selling him covers more than the bottom 5 clubs made in a whole season.
Comparing apple to oranges? It doesn't align.

There are men that can never sell. Do you think Abrahimovic is ready to sell Chelsea?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by AZeD1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Kronke is a billionaire, his wife is also a billionaire and heiress to the Walmart empire. They didn't become billionaires by looking at Forbes ranking.
At this stage, it's more of an"ego" thing.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
adegeye38:

The question u should ask urself is hw much is arsenal worth?, arsenal is worth 1.1 billion pounds

And what if the current major shareholder refuses to sell? undecided
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

Comparing apple to oranges? It doesn't align.

There are men that can never sell. Do you think Abrahimovic is ready to sell Chelsea?

For the right amount. There's nothing money can't buy.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
AZeD1:

Kronke is a billionaire, his wife is also a billionaire and heiress to the Walmart empire. They didn't become billionaires by looking at Forbes ranking.
At this stage, it's more of an"ego" thing.
Thank God!! Finally, someone who knows more is here. Tell them oh!!!
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by AZeD1(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
adegeye38:

The two guys who own 95% percent of Arsenal are billionaires, the remaining 5% are in the hands of die hard arsenal fans who have refused to sell... At this stage, it's not easy to get a single share of Arsenal talk less of a majority share.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by BigIyanga: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
Two of Arsenal's billionaire owners are far richer than him combined.
Majority owner, Stan Kroenke, is in the business of making money from sport teams. He doesn't care about wining trophies. His teams- St Louis Ram-Renamed LA Rams, Colorado Rapis, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalance all make money and don't win anything.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jmoore(m): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

For the right amount. There's nothing money can't buy.
Not correct.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ranchhoddas: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Oga.. The "BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE" was formed in 1992 following a big shake up when the football league first division decided to break away from the 'Football league'.. This was what has grown into what you see today.

It was the product of smart business men sitting at a round table with investors to map out a new league, discuss how they would all make money, the improvements that would be made, the sponsorship and its effects on the club, T.V rights and coverage, e.t.c..

The reason why nobody is focusing as much on the Nigerian league is because it isn't as colourful as the English League. If investors call in professionals to draw them up a new Nigerian league, enter partnership with DSTV on sponsorship, inject money into clubs to fix up their pitches, jersey's, boost the club image, Public relations, advertisements, e.t.c, people would start picking interest in the clubs.

Enyimba grew in reputation because 1 man injected money into the club which led them to win 2 African Champions League trophies..

The Nigerian Football League is like our refineries.. Just because they are not working now does not mean they are not profitable businesses.
It goes beyond pumping a few millions of dollars. It's easy to think that a nation as disorganized as ours can achieve what you are proposing. A critical look will show you that a thriving league has to be a funtion of a working society. For example, a good transportation system has to be in in place for fans who would travel every week to support their teams, these fans have to have to possess economic power, ie the ability to arrange for pay for tickets and their accomodation, the prices of which will rise if the investors you speak of decide to invest as they'll have to recoup their money. DSTV already has the rights to the league and I don't see what that has changed, add to that the fact that they have to compete every week with the already established leagues. The only way investors can improve this league the way you are thinking is if they operate at huge losses. No investor wants that...Can the investors improve the league? Perhaps. Can they take it to that standard you have in mind? Absolutely not!
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by idu1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
Dangote is will turned Arsenal into Eyimba fc if he finally bought the club. Too much money was what is worried him.
grin

This guy english na die

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by blingxx(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gbadegesin19:
Instead of him to invest in our local Nigerian League. Later he'll open his mouth n say Nigerians don't patronize locally made goods #nonsense...

Recession Continues.

dangote doesn't spend govt money ... recession is non of his business undecided
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ranchhoddas: 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

True, but that's due to lack of promotion and 'hype'. The Nigerian football industry can be revamped if its promoted everywhere, players get good pay, the stadiums are clean, and matches are regularly shown on non-cable TV stations. Betting sites should also do promotions for betting in Nigerian leagues. It can actually be achieved if they put their minds to it. After all, in the entertainment industry, although we listen to foreign music, local artistes are heavily recognized as well.
You'll agree that these thing you have listed involve a lot of money. When all these are done, how would the investors get their money back?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Capableben(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
aadvark:
have u done any song before? cos i think i know one of ur songs. unless its another misterben. do u have any ties with kogi state?
Yes, I have done songs before but I don't have ties with kogi state that I know of. smiley And the name is MasterBen, not Misterben. Thanks anyway, anticipate My Nation
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by jamesjoel142(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
Dangote is will turned Arsenal into Eyimba fc if he finally bought the club. Too much money was what is worried him.
guy you go school at all?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Chrysz(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
Its gonna be pretty difficult, the question is WOULD THEY SELL IT TO HIM BN A BLACK MAN?. Am nt a racist jvst bn realistic.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by nonjebose(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Oga.. The "BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE" was formed in 1992 following a big shake up when the football league first division decided to break away from the 'Football league'.. This was what has grown into what you see today.

It was the product of smart business men sitting at a round table with investors to map out a new league, discuss how they would all make money, the improvements that would be made, the sponsorship and its effects on the club, T.V rights and coverage, e.t.c..

The reason why nobody is focusing as much on the Nigerian league is because it isn't as colourful as the English League. If investors call in professionals to draw them up a new Nigerian league, enter partnership with DSTV on sponsorship, inject money into clubs to fix up their pitches, jersey's, boost the club image, Public relations, advertisements, e.t.c, people would start picking interest in the clubs.

Enyimba grew in reputation because 1 man injected money into the club which led them to win 2 African Champions League trophies..

The Nigerian Football League is like our refineries.. Just because they are not working now does not mean they are not profitable businesses.
This, my friend is a sane analysis. All that is needed is getting together the right persons who are passionate with a level of local and international influence and experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OIL PRICE CRASH: Nigeria In Top 5 At-Risk Countries - Global Risk Insights / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO / Venturing Into Perfume Business:advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.