Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time (21663 Views)

Aliko Dangote To Buy Arsenal And Sack Arsene Wenger / Dangote Plans 12,000 MW Power Generation In 2-years / Dangote Plans To Generate 12,000MW Of Electricity By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Lukmann1: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
jamesjoel142:
guy you go school at all?
ask google.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by aadvark: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Capableben:
Yes, I have done songs before but I don't have ties with kogi state that I know of. smiley And the name is MasterBen, not Misterben. Thanks anyway, anticipate My Nation
ok. waiting
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by chikason68(m): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
Dangote is will turned Arsenal into Eyimba fc if he finally bought the club. Too much money was what is worried him.
Shai!!! Go school, una no go gree go. No insult bro, but did u read what u wrote before posting?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You'll agree that these thing you have listed involve a lot of money. When all these are done, how would the investors get their money back?
Ask the people who had the idea for the Barclay's premier league if they are or aren't smiling to the bank now grin
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by OluDare01(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
Dangote is will turned Arsenal into Eyimba fc if he finally bought the club. Too much money was what is worried him.
This is pungent
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by nonjebose(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:

Not every owner of a club is really interested in the high return. Most want it for Prestige. Kroenke, the major shareholder is a difficult guy.
There are many ways of making him sell his percentage shares. The news of a new investor with double the current investment profile couple with other financial promises and plans to reposition the club, will send the fans and other stakeholders into discontentment with the current investor. Once the fans perceive the "scent of blood", the man would only sell off in no distant time
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Ranchhoddas: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Ask the people who had the idea for the Barclay's premier league if they are or aren't smiling to the bank now grin
If there was profit to be made people would have rushed into it years ago. Nigeria is not England. No one goes into a business out of patriotism. Investors invest because they see a way to make profit from an investment. Where is the profitability here, I don't see it. Do you? How do you think they'll get their money back?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by hitchowoyemi(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:

prof here! u need Trump in ur life sir
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by MadCow1: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It goes beyond pumping a few millions of dollars. It's easy to think that a nation as disorganized as ours can achieve what you are proposing. A critical look will show you that a thriving league has to be a funtion of a working society. For example, a good transportation system has to be in in place for fans who would travel every week to support their teams, these fans have to have to possess economic power, ie the ability to arrange for pay for tickets and their accomodation, the prices of which will rise if the investors you speak of decide to invest as they'll have to recoup their money. DSTV already has the rights to the league and I don't see what that has changed, add to that the fact that they have to compete every week with the already established leagues. The only way investors can improve this league the way you are thinking is if they operate at huge losses. No investor wants that...Can the investors improve the league? Perhaps. Can they take it to that standard you have in mind? Absolutely not!

Perfect!!

Nigeria is a unique environment.. That's why whoever the investors are would need to look at it from a holistic view and find a way to work with what we have on ground. Look at the 'south African League' for example. Or the Egyptian league. You tailor it to fit the environment.

DSTV's broadcast rights has really helped the league because now people can actually see most games live on their television in High Definition too. That is something that can be improved on and can only get better.

Transportation is a very sound point which actually threw me back a bit, but then I remembered Ghana. In 2001, I landed in Ghana for the first time and one of the new experiences that caught my attention was their local Football. It was not a strange sight to see Taxis and commercial buses filled with club stickers and other branded products. I noticed that the two biggest clubs were Asanti Kotoko and Hearts of Oak. But clubs like Hasaakas, Ashanti Gold and co also had quite a decent following too. It was also normal to see people gathered around one spot listening to games on the radio (YES!! I said Listening to Games on the Radio) and when their team scored, my GOD!! They celebrated like they saw it live.

Now my point is that football followership is first and foremost emotional. The pride in your local team. You may not have the Money to travel to Kano to support your team from Aba when they go up against Kano Pillars, but best believe that the day they play at home, that stadium would be packed to the rafters. Kano people living in Aba would turn up to support their club backed by the few hundreds that the Official supporters club can transport under special arrangement but because of the home advantage, they would be outnumbered That's the whole point of home and away advantage.

The economy may not be where it should be, but people will always have money to take their families to the game as long as its a home game, its a safe environment and the stadium is lively. The future generation would also start picking an interest from today. Supporters are raised..

With time, as the railways start getting better, the economy starts stabilizing, it would keep getting better. Transportation matters, cash, e.t.c. What the investors need to understand is that Football is a long term investment.

The BPL was a 24 year investment and I am sure Barclay's have made a killing on that deal. Now the League has taken the sponsorship back this season.

If they start the investment today, 25 years would look like yesterday in the end. Its not going to come cheap, but the reward would be bountiful in the end. That you can take to the bank.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by idris4r83(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
omusiliyu:

Bill Gate plus Warren Buffet together cant
Barcelona is worth just $3.2B so what are you talking about?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by kingraj01: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gbadegesin19:
Instead of him to invest in our local Nigerian League. Later he'll open his mouth n say Nigerians don't patronize locally made goods #nonsense...

Recession Continues.

My man you are right.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by MrGerald(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
I hail you lukmann1 the way you entertain us here, my question now for dangote is; is it by force to by arsenal?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by holluphemydavid(m): 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Is dis man an arsenal fan? Why did he insist in buying arsenal and not another club
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Lukmann1: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
MrGerald:
I hail you lukman n1 the way you entertain us here, my question now for dangote is; is it by force to by arsenal?
He only wanted to made more money but i don't thinked he have what it is took to buy a hole arsenal. never.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by autonomous22: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dangote abeg do make u help Arsenal fans sack Wenger, if not dat man go die dia o
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by amazingspiderma: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
Spending 2- 3.5 billion pounds is huge. Arsenal though has a guaranteed future net income no doubt, but at what price will the shareholders sell, and what future financial consequences awaits him and most importantly at what financial life cycle stage is Arsenal.Will there be room for improvements or has the club gotten to its peak value. He should not forget to take a look at what is currently happening to the likes of AC Milan and Inter and how Juventus suffered for match fixing in the past.
He can take a leaf from the Chelsea's or Arab owners of Man city, PSG and Malaga who were fans of other bigger clubs before they bought theirs. They took a long term and less expensive route to build world class football brands. Similarly he safest option might be for him to lower his gaze towards a mid table club and employ world class coach who will attract the right players, which is not a bad idea.He must carefully examine his strategy and speak with experts.

The EPL is not Nigeria where you can influence government decisions simply because of your name. It is a competitive and unforgiving financial environment. In a place like UK no one is too big to fail ,in the end , it is still business.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by nkemjacob2(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
dangote it was nigerians dat make u reach not london, come and invest in nigeria sport and make it a world class standard
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by osothermal(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
hmmm recession really hold this one
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If there was profit to be made people would have rushed into it years ago. Nigeria is not England. No one goes into a business out of patriotism. Investors invest because they see a way to make profit from an investment. Where is the profitability here, I don't see it. Do you? How do you think they'll get their money back?
Yes, I see families going to watch npl leagues trooping there to buy merchandise, watching it on TV, placing bets on matches, and millions of naira made every match day. Just because there's an untapped goldmine doesn't mean everyone has seriously considered it. . . not to talk of the fact that this plan requires cooperation from several big men. . .
Look at our retail industry for example. Its another goldmine, yet we still wait for south Africa to build shoprite and take our wealth away
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by shunletsam(m): 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Petmax:
Not a question of money? we know recession no reach una..

undecided
Petmax:
Not a question of money? we know recession no reach una..

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by JayJayGee: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
u suppose be anonymous reader... see the rubbish u dey type
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by pjetta007(m): 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
dats if i dont buy it b4 den?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by DateMynd44(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
Lukmann1:
JayJayGee:

u suppose be anonymous reader... see the rubbish u dey type
osothermal:
hmmm recession really hold this one
hahahahaha rotfl..
Nothing were person no go see for nairaland

1 Like

Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by oluwasegun007(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
lofty900:
He should ensure that he retain the service of Wenger if he wants to make good profit from it. Buy a cheap player for £10m and sell him off for £40m grin

my Nigga u so on point.....
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by oluwasegun007(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
Anyways my own dream is to buy Sunshine stars..... grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by davidif: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gbadegesin19:
Instead of him to invest in our local Nigerian League. Later he'll open his mouth n say Nigerians don't patronize locally made goods #nonsense...

Recession Continues.

why should he patronise the local Nigerian league when there is no organization?
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by davidif: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
MadCow1:
Instead of all these billionaires to band together and Hijack the Nigerian league and the CAF Champions League they are going to put more money into the English league that s already filthy rich.. angry

The EPL was a product of some investors injecting money into the league.. Now its attractive to the world.

With Nairabet, GLO, DSTV and co all there now, how about we fix our league. angry

Wrong! why should he put his money in a disorganized league? What shrewd businessman would want to put his money in a venture that they don't feel they are going to get good returns from?
The premier league is what it is today because of forward thinking and planning several years ago. This is business not a charity.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Malayy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
jmoore:
It is not possible. Unless he is ready to spend a lot, I mean a lot of $billions.

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who is worth $15 billion by Forbes has 30% share.

The major shareholder American Stan Kroenke has 65%.
who has the remaining 5%
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by lanrexxx2580: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
mtttcheww....let him invest or create a fotbal team in nigeria, dis will go a long way in bringing out champions and also reduce
unemployment among youths...tink wise baba olowo.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by shegz24(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
Many billionaires, even wealthier ones and the oil-rich Arabs have offered to buy Arsenal over the years. The problem isn't about the money it's about if the shareholders especially the majority shareholder - Stan Kroenke will sell.
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by Whatarush(m): 2:33am On Sep 23, 2016
Gbadegesin19:

Recession Continues.
no let fear catch u yet... e never buy Arsenal yet.... I no say I u hear, " I will turn Arsenal FC around" u don dey shiver.. lmao.... U must b a Chelsea fan
Re: Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time by DanielEdet(m): 2:57am On Sep 23, 2016
So Arsenal has only 3 years to have any chance of winning the League and Champions League

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO / Between Opay And Kuda Mobile Which Is Better And Trustworthy / Venturing Into Perfume Business:advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.