Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,881 members, 7,862,987 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? (939 Views)

8 Texts Messages A Girl Actually Wants To Receive From Her Guy / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For. / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by peelovee(f): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2009
Hi NL,

Please I want to know if is right for a girl to travel with her guy to their village.

I travel with my guy to his village few weeks ago, and now i am beginning to think if i did the right thing.

Please i need an advise.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by MissyB1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2009
Can You travel to Las Vegas wiff him?
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2009
It depends on the level of your relationship with him. . .if you are both engaged. . .then its ok. . .at least you get to know where your husband to be is from. . .

But I think for a dude to take you to his hometown to meet his people. . .it means he's pretty serious with you. . .just my opinion. . . undecided
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by posakosa(m): 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2009
@OP just make sure that he doesn't use you for wowo
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by Abbeycity4(f): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

It depends on the level of your relationship with him. . .if you are both engaged. . .then its ok. . .at least you get to know where your husband to be is from. . .

But I think for a dude to take you to his hometown to meet his people. . .it means he's pretty serious with you. . .just my opinion. . . undecided
u've said it all. . . . cool
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by zugoboss(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Missy b,u really hit the nail on the head.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by okeey(m): 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2009
yes and no coz it depend on the town
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by peelovee(f): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2009
Missy B:

zugoboss:

@Missy b,u really hit the nail on the head.

Please you guys are puting me in the dark, please can you clearify me? please, i dont understand ur contribution/advise.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by posakosa(m): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
the babe dey Niger. una dey talk Las Vegas ? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by Kunbee: 5:38am On Oct 14, 2009
Not compulsory wateva floats ur boat
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by genetokky(m): 6:46am On Oct 14, 2009
it is a dangerous thing to do.you know,poeple can be funny. undecided
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by santakris(m): 7:10am On Oct 14, 2009
U better be serious with him. For a guy to take u this far, Congratulation
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by peelovee(f): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2009
It is true that people can be funny, that is why i really need an advise, because i refuse to spend a night there, and his mum was like asking why?, but he assured the mum that i will be coming again to spend 2days or more.

But come to think of it, my parents are not aware that i have traveled with him to his village, but there he is promising his mum that i will be coming with him again to his village to spend 2days or more.

I am still in doubt of my first visit to his village.
please NL more advise[quote][/quote]
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by skfa1: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2009
Be careful poster.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by Godmother(f): 9:35am On Oct 14, 2009
Its obvious now,that the guy means well with you peelovee.Or why else would he take you to his home to see his mum and promise her that you'll be coming again. I really dont see the problem in your parents not knowing you went with him since its the first visit.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by genetokky(m): 6:46am On Oct 15, 2009
are they christians from what you see around the last time you visited.if they are,then you can go again but tell him that you have told your parent even if you have not told them.get back to me now or tomorrow i will tell you what next to do.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by peelovee(f): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2009
genetokky:

are they christians from what you see around the last time you visited.if they are,then you can go again but tell him that you have told your parent even if you have not told them.get back to me now or tomorrow i will tell you what next to do.

The mother is not staying with the father, as the father has married another wife though the father is a Chief, i have ask him several times why he refuse going to his father's place, he said he cannot go there, that the father hate them and has refuse to take care of them, that it was only the mother that took care of them, beside that the father's wife tries all her possible means to make sure they dont survive nor inherit any of their fathers property. That he has vowed never to go to the father, that he believe the father will come looking for him one day.

Also, his younger brother is nothing to write home about, he is rough as he has engage himself into cultism, steals, has no good report, insults, never think positive concerning his life. ( angry not that i am judging him) but he has been advised several times to live a changed life but has refused to change.

Although my guy is a born again christian and i am in love with him and he is ready to take our relationship to the next level, but his family background is what i am not comfortable with.

Please more advise.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by genetokky(m): 6:30am On Oct 16, 2009
i am not very comfortable with his background and you know the kind of parent one has,plays a vital role in ones life.i will not tell you to leave your guy but you need to be very careful.personally i have fobia for polygamy you know what i am saying.he needs to pray very well.i will not be in the office until monday so i will not have access to internet .you can call me on this no 08035070265,07026287354,for more advice.talk to you later.Are you in lagos?
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2009
I see nothing wrong in it, i believe he love you so much for him to have taken you to know his villa, some guys dont take their gal to their house let alone their villa, i think is another good sign to prove someone love for you, so nothing bad gal,you did the right as long as you come back alive.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2009
I see nothing wrong in it, i believe he love you so much for him to have taken you to know his villa, some guys dont take their gal to their house let alone their villa, i think is another good sign to prove someone love for you, so nothing bad gal,you did the right as long as you come back alive.
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by peelovee(f): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2009
yorke:

But do you think it is right for me to visit his village the second time without letting my parent know about it? His parent want me to visit them again so i can spend a day or two. He promised his parent and his parent are distoping him to make sure i honour the second invitation to his place.

My questions are:
1.Should I tell my parents, and hear their own opinion?
2.Should I go to his village the second time?
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by genetokky(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2009
peelovee,how far still on this matter?i was expecting your call but u did not call.well tak kia
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2009
Missy B:

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by donbuchi1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2009
very important
Re: Must A Girl Travel To Her Guy's Village? by scemchee(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2009
are you daft that u can not read the hand writing on the wall.if the mother accepted you whole heatedly then you should shout hallelujah seven times and give thanks giving next sunday in ur church for the dude has got to be serious with to av done that,but if it were at festive season that he did that then they might be another meaning to it.
maybe he just want to prove that he living well and other stupid reasons.but since u went and came back whole,then you should not be sad about it as it is nothing.dont u go to girl friends village to attend traditional marriage and sort.there is nothing wrong in it.

(1) (Reply)

How Should A Partner Reply To Flirt / Hmmm,it Feels So Sweet! / She Want Loan Of 20,000 Naira Even When She Has Not Accept My Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.