Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,414 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk (13715 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2009
yommyuk:

your going home 2-3 times a yr is to do what - To create wealth or to consume wealth.
If your answer is the latter. Then my brother, I feel for u.

I don't knw what u mean by consume wealth but I have couple of business that I run there thats why I have to go bck and forth
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by gamechange(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2009
@yommyuk,

You picked an isolated situation, wake up, there are thousands of steven lawrence happening in Nija daily, it is diabolical and a travesty to even think of comparing. Bottom line is that with Nija, there is a lot to be desired.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
I don't think that we should be engaged in this conversation. Even CHILDREN OF RICH POLITICIANS DO NOT RESIDE IN NIGERIA. They only GO BACK TO OPPRESS OTHERS. So what the matter is ?

Rich or Poor: Live wherever you MAKE THE MOST MONEY.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
Live ANYWHERE in the WORLD YOU MAKE the MOST MONEY. and for different people that place VARIES.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by bluespice(f): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2009
you have to realise not all people have the choice. Some have to move for education reasons, sometimes marriage. . .a whole range of reasons
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Live ANYWHERE in the WORLD YOU MAKE the MOST MONEY.

nice 1 bro

kapeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by bluespice(f): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
is posakosa1 the same as pasakosa?
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by frgy1: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
yea , una dey live a better life over there.so we that are here should we sell our stuff , get on a plane and come over? una dey talk like say no rational human being sopose still dey Nigeria. if u hate ur country so much, y dont u throw your pasport inside dat una river Thames. see slaves dey defend themselves. I've been in Nigeria all my life and, thank God, i have never been robed, kidnapped, or any such thing, nd i no b rich man pikin, na public school  i go throughout  xcept 4 primary. if u like come back if u like stay( dey chop una chicken and chips), dont talk about my country like say na one ground zero. we dey here, nd by God's grace things will get better
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by gamechange(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2009
@posakosa1
You hit the nail on the head, give anybody the premonition that they will make a lot more money even in Antarctica, my people will harry and hussle until they get there. Abeg leave story.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by unix4real1(m): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

[b][i]Live ANYWHERE in the WORLD YOU MAKE the MOST MONEY.

End of discussion. grin
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by gamechange(m): 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
@frgy

Lol, you too funny.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by Tstark(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
IgboGirl:

that can be changed.

And how can it be changed? That Red cardboard document doesn't define you my dear, you think they will call u British cos u have a  British passport? You're either a Nigerian born in the UK or  a Nationalized Nigerian, they will never call you British o, so dont kid yourself. British know themselves now, so dem get name for you so you dont think you are actually one of them.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
bluespice:

is posakosa1 the same as pasakosa?

Yes doll it is. Someone got me banned.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by madlady(f): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
2legit2Qui

I feel your pain, you are feeling homesick, such is the lot of most migrants.Keep your chin up and look forward to your next trip home.

PS do not pick anymore fights with me grin grin grin grin just playing. ONE LOVE.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
gamechange:

@posakosa1
You hit the nail on the head, [b]give anybody the premonition that they will make a lot more money even in Antarctica, my people will harry and hussle until they get there. [/b]Abeg leave story.

If some Nigerians can SWIM accross the Atalantic to Spain. Anything is possible. LOL.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by bluespice(f): 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

If some Nigerians can SWIM accross the Atalantic to Spain. Anything is possible. LOL.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lmfao!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
POSAKOSA1:

Yes doll it is. Someone got me banned.
na wa oh what did u do?
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by POSAKOSA1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
bluespice:

na wa oh what did u do?

It was not my fault ooh. You know say na jeje jeje I dey do around NL. na so this person con dey follow me around sha and con dey yab me, I couldn't ignore, and so I yab am back and hin con report me to the moderator.

Be we are cool now sha. How are you today ? Hope ur day went well. smiley
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by bluespice(f): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

It was not my fault ooh. You know say na jeje jeje I dey do around NL. na so this person con dey follow me around sha and con dey yab me, I couldn't ignore, and so I yab am back and hin con report me to the moderator.

Be we are cool now sha. How are you today ? Hope your day went well. smiley
lol grin
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by yommyuk: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
You picked an isolated situation, wake up, there are thousands of steven lawrence happening in Nija daily, it is diabolical and a travesty to even think of comparing. Bottom line is that with Nija, there is a lot to be desired.

Isolated siutation
Pls pls pls , don't set me off.
Do you know how many black kids that are dropping out of school and the reasons why - where is the Justice?
Do you know how many times black kids are bullied in school - where is the justice?
Do you know what the blacks face in regards to racism - where is the justice?
Do you know how many black youngsters languishing in jail because they could not cope with racism and prejudice?

One thing I know for sure, as a black person one is more accepted in ones motherland than in the West.
In Nigeria lack of justice is more open. but in the West it is well hidden.
On paper they will tell you diversity, equal opportunity. In reality go to the corporate world. The blacks are nowhere
to be found.

Name how many blacks are CEOs of the Top 100 major corporations. ONE
Make u dey build another man's country dey go.
Mumu lipsrsealed
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by cap28: 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
the poster has a point!! but many are too blind to understand.

people on here are looking only at the short terms "gains" of living in the UK.  

despite all that is wrong with our country it is your home and you are not treated less than - and before anyone starts talking about tribalism please dont even try to compare that to racism as there is no comparison.

to people on here talking about being able to eat chicken and chips you are pathetic - thats a bit like a slave saying at least eating three square meals a day is preferable to freedom.

if we want things to change it is up to us to go back and change it, the british people whose country your in are raping our own country in collusion with the hausa fulani oligarchy, every progressive race of people have taken their destiny into their own hands and tried to change things for future generations.  

the problem with us is we are a nation of cowards, we have no sense of dignity, self pride or willingness to change our circumstances and therefore we are content to live in another mans land where we are nothing but glorified servants.  i dont care what type of job you're doing in the UK at the end of the day you are treated with contempt by the average white person.  now that the recession is hitting you will see the true face of racism in this country, at least the jamaicans and indians actually fought for equality and have made more of a contribution, nigerians are not liked or even welcomed in this country, so those of you deluding yourselves that this country is a better option should pray and hope that the BNP never gain power in this country.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by PHIPEX(m): 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
yea , una dey live a better life over there.so we that are here should we sell our stuff , get on a plane and come over? una dey talk like say no rational human being sopose still dey Nigeria. if u hate your country so much, y dont u throw your pasport inside dat una river Thames. see slaves dey defend themselves. I've been in Nigeria all my life and, thank God, i have never been robed, kidnapped, or any such thing, nd i no b rich man pikin, na public school i go throughout xcept 4 primary. if u like come back if u like stay( dey chop una chicken and chips), dont talk about my country like say na one ground zero. we dey here, nd by God's grace things will get better

Ma bros tell them make them hear, they'r just talking as if "abroad" is heaven: no rape, no bad roads, constant light, no robbery etc. keep on deciving who you guys can as if what I watch on Zone Reality (on DSTV) are not real.

As far as am concerned, though life "abroad" may be cool yet it's not a bed of rosses, look before you leap!
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by koolchicco: 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
@OP

E be like say u don smoke that Mosquito Coil again.

You vacated Naija 2 UK 11yrs ago, So weren't and still not in ur right senses. *Hisses*
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by whiteroses(f): 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2009
lol that makes me laugh but some of us are studying
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by MrCrackles(m): 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2009
koolchicco:

@OP

E be like say u don smoke that Mosquito Coil again.

You vacated Naija 2 UK 11yrs ago, So weren't and still not in your right senses. *Hisses*
The poster is a grand nuisance on the forum. . .
A lot of people know so you guys shouldnt sweat the technique. . .
He is a monumental retard!
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by chika98: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
Obviously the poster is looking for attention and everyone keeps giving him that. I wonder why he didn't move back to Nigeria a long time ago.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by OAM4J: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2009
We are all entitled to our choices and we each live with the consequences of our actions. If you find a better life outside naija, I will say go for it. But I will not advice anyone with a good and decent job in naija to resign and travel abroad with a visitor visa.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
Q:what are the basic necessities of modern life?

A:
Clean Water
24hr Electricity
Clean Air
Affordable /free ,functioning health care
Affordable ,functional education system
Security of life and property
Independent judiciary
Employment for the majority of people
Affordable housing
Responsive,accountable govt
Good roads
Street lights
Working telephone system,landline,fax
Identity cards(or how do u know who is who?or credit/criminal history)

AND MANY MORE, U can add to the list

How many of what i listed above,can we give nigeria at least 50%?. IMO,none!

The reality is that even in North and Southern Africa,these facilities and more are available to the citizens.

Nigeria is the biggest joke,only those who don't travel out of nigeria OR are in the lap of luxury in nigeria will say otherwise.And those living comfortable lives in Nigeria don't even make up 10% of the population.Its shocking and sad.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by gamechange(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
@yommyuk

I am a serial entrepreneur and the CEO of a corporation in the USA, I guess that throws your arguement out of the water, I employ both native americans as well an naturalized. It may also amuse you to know that as a result of my foray here, I am about to introduce a new infrastructure into Lagos state (working with LSG)which will become clear very shortly. You are in the UK and I know how you must feel, I understand your plight, because until I left the UK, I also felt the same way, unfortunately your arguement regards justice - Nija/Western world- would never hold water anywhere because you are not comparing apples for apples, and to me it is quite laughable that any one would even attempt to do that, you know deep down what i am talking about, you only have to set your mind free to receive the truth.  
I leave you to wallow in thought and hopefully you will get the eureka moment you so deserve.

I lost a friend to armed robbers in Nija about five years ago and I can tell you that the police superintendent who handled the case blatantly requested for money from me before they would even attempt to investigate the matter, that is the justice you want to compare, -you are a trip.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
and why i gave Southern Africa as an example ,is that there is a recent trend for some Nigerian professionals who want to move back to Africa,to prefer to move to these countries instead of going back home.Cos they get the benefits of Western infrastructure and lifestyle in an african setting
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by 3kay945(m): 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
if many 9jarian ve opportunity to leave dis country to abroad,.dis country will become desert!, some ppl sleep in darknes evryday in 9ja, tank ur god
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by Homonide: 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2009
The Poster failed to tell Nairalanders why he is still in the Uk after just spending 3 months in naija. methinks the guy spend im dough finish, cut out,

back to base. why im no relocate come Naija?

Poster ur first name na deceit and the second na, fokoyo(Bleep up)
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by yommyuk: 11:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
@gamechange

I am a serial entrepreneur and the CEO of a corporation in the USA,
Great! more grease 2 ur elbow. Keep the flag flying!

I am about to introduce a new infrastructure into Lagos state (working with LSG)which will become clear very shortly
That is what I am talking about. People contributing towards the development of our Motherland.
I am sick of people's complaining about nigeria.
We should use the skill and experience gained abroad to make a change. for instance Mindset.

In regards to the armed robbery in nigeria. Yes I agree it is a shame. But what are all our legal partitioners in the west doing to combat this.
This is my take on life. If you are not happy about something. Try and influence change. Only corwards run away.

that is the justice you want to compare, -you are a trip.
Go to Somalia - They are going thru the worst momment of their history.
But do u know what. a friend of mine (somalian) said the business opportunities in somalia despite the chaos is beyond comprehension.
So my brother, U take that trip down memory lane. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much It Cost To Charter A Private Jet / Tanker Drivers Cause Traffic Gridlock In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.