Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer (10940 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / 10 Pictures You Will Understand If You Dodged Going To Church As A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Etogist: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Gboyee4fun:
*keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, to rejoice, than to give the sacrifice of fools ( implying that not everybody that goes to church are wise in the wisdom of God, some are wise in their own wisdom): for they consider not that they do evil*

Happy glorious Sunday to all my brothers and sisters in faith, this is the last Sunday in September 2016, how are we preparing for the coming of our lord Jesus Christ, don't forget that "judgement will begins in the Church* At this time we should have understand much more about our lord and saviour and for the purpose of going to church on Sundays, I pray that the heaven will not weep over our life and that our first will never become last in Christ name (Amen).
I will advice the sleeping virgin Christians to awake and happily go to Church to add oil to their lamps. Be like David that goes to the house of God with gladness....I pray that we will not miss that glorious kingdom of Christ (amen).

I have read many comments of the so called Christians that are fed up with Church, if you are among them, you should know that you get fed up because you don't define your purpose of going to Church. The truth is when you read the scripture and you discovered the truth, you may be tempted never to go to Church again, because you will see where your pastor or leaders in church are not perfect but when you know and understand that you are not following any man of God or any Apostle, you will overlook their imperfections, .....when you really know that you follow Christ only the Faith of Him that is perfect. you don't follow Paul neither do you follow Apollo, the method Apollo can plant may be different from the perspective of Paul in planting but they both sha plant..you follow Christ as a Christian, you are Christ-like not Paul-like or Peter-like but of Jesus-like. you don't really have excuse.

https://m.facebook.com/Peteru-393760750712720/
Happy Sunday from a brother Bitrus/ Peteru.

What is the main reason for going to church? I am yet to see a verse in the bible that mandated us to go to church on sunday instead we are mandated to remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. No wonder bible said that this people serve me with their lips, doing as law the doctoring of men.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by bee444: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2016
I have these people I used to call friends. Very judgemental, won't help people in need, no human feelings, stingy but makes a lot of money. One thing they do so well is to always remind you of Sunday service or any "special" program in their Church.

You then begin to wonder, if you love going to Church this much, but not doing the Christ-like things, how then do we measure your beliefs? Church going is good, but always be aware of when it turns into religion. Church is becoming very predictable. Now a place where fashion is celebrated. Where who pays what gets the biggest prayer. Where prayers are sold to the highest bidder. Where before "tithe and offering" time, fear is instilled into the hearts of the congregation by the reading of some unnecessary verses of scriptures.

Church goers or coerced congregations as I call them, would rather they give tithe than help the brother in need. It's not their fault either. Pastors reads out threatening passages from the scriptures and the gullibles followed suit. At the end, pastors would say " we don't force people to give us money". And you know what, technically they're right. But intellectually, indirectly and knowingly, they cajoled the congregation by putting fear in their minds to pay up. That's called stealing by nature.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Gboyee4fun(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2016
Etizz:
am a mariner, pls tell me how do u expect me to go to church when am off the shore?

on the shore, you can gather those of your faith and worship together...thats church
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Gboyee4fun(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2016
Etogist:

What is the main reason for going to church? I am yet to see a verse in the bible that mandated us to go to church on sunday instead we are mandated to remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. No wonder bible said that this people serve me with their lips, doing as law the doctoring of men.

read your scripture well, even in the old testament the goes to church...temple
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by clitah: 9:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Poster, i see this as timely and possible to correct me if i am wrong.
I have not been to church for 3 months now and reason is what i come across everyday that some men of God do.It worries me that i will sit and be educated unknowingly by some of these sort and still read their stories of rape and extortion here on nairaland the next day.
I still have some examples in my setting where some are not living up to expectations as i see it to be.
I look at it that naturally i do not habour any bad against anyone or think of taking advantage of people in any scenario.
I am not judging but men, the standards i see are appaling and this has affected me a great deal.
I have a gift of the spirit and its been of great help but i still.need to be convinced.
I need help please as i am not finding it funny being at home every Sunday.
Someone please talk to me.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Codyt(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2016
veekid:
Come force me go now
Na so I just dey wonder o... angry angry angry
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Codyt(m): 10:09am On Sep 25, 2016
ezenna191:
Spiritual laziness is sin. Worship God in truth and in spirit.
Everything is a Sin.... Oga ooo grin
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by MadCow1: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2016
The Church is not a house but where ever be livers are gathered..
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by otokx(m): 10:38am On Sep 25, 2016
There are some churches especially in Nigeria if you attend nobody will tell you how far?
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Charlesberry(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2016
clitah:
I have not been to church for 3 months now and reason is what i come across everyday that some men of God do.It worries me that i will sit and be educated unknowingly by some of these sort and still read their stories of rape and extortion here on nairaland the next day.
I still have some examples in my setting where some are not living up to expectations as i see it to be.
I look at it that naturally i do not habour any bad against anyone or think of taking advantage of people in any scenario.
I am not judging but men, the standards i see are appaling and this has affected me a great deal.
I have a gift of the spirit and its been of great help but i still.need to be convinced.

You're not alone
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by toposa(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2016
Splinz:

There's nothing sad about not worshipping on sunday. Sunday was and has never been commanded by God to be kept holy; men did! I challenge anyone to refute this claim.
worshiping is not restricted to a particular day neither is holiness, and as for sunday DAT is d day Christians choose to gather for coperate worship. but personally we continually worship Him daily
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by frenddy6(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
People have been let down by God a lot of times you can't blame them if they don't want to go to church
Pl ease ooo don't share things you yourself understand nothing about..
God never let's any man down...
We are always the ones with the real issues here...
Do you even know this God you're writing nonsense about.
How can you be so sure he's the one letting people down.
Is God anti - progress?
Get a life for God sake and stop posting foolish write ups like this.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by 247glorious(f): 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
I no go today, because yesterday Saturday is the Bible day for Worship. Acts 17:2 Paul, an apostle of Christ worshipped on a Sabbath. its in history how people abandoned Sabbath and Started Sunday. But how about the blessings associated with Worshiping on the True Sabbath Exodus 31:13 plus it's a Covenant between you and God. its a mark that it's the almighty that sanctifys you.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by APCsupporter: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
otemanuduno:
Worshipping who is not ALMIGHTY GOD is the greatest shame ever.
Not worshipping anyone is the real purpose of life.
God Almighty, the creator of the gods(Vishnu, Yahweh, Allah, Odin, Atum) demands no worship, but the use of the brain and doing good to fellow beings.

I'm happy I am sent to reveal the truth: See the DOCTUFOS here >>> https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

I AM OTEM, SENT TO REVEAL THE TRUTH OF THE MYSTERIES OF THE UNIVERSE IN ALL LOSTS AND HIDDEN SCROLLS FROM THE TIME GOD ALMIGHTY CREATED THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG TILL THE PRESENT TIME, AND EVEN TO THE TIMES IN THE FUTURE.

I just read the post and swore to myself that it was yougrin I'm a true Muslim but I agree with a lot of things you say. Not all though
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by worlexy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
sekundosekundo:

The truth is that every body is a believer, it depends on what you believe in, but if you believe in God, you must go to Church.
Back up your claim with the word of Jesus not that of Paul that said women cannot lead men or that said women can't talk nor ask questions in church
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by worlexy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

read your scripture well, even in the old testament the goes to church...temple
Pls give us the Bible quotations
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by worlexy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
buchilino:

BELIEVE UR NOT. D BIBLE SAYS, NOT 4SAKING D ASSEMBLY OF BELIEVERS. BUT UR DOING D OPPOSITE. IF U REALLY TASTE N HUNGER AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS, BELIEVE ME U WILL NOT 2 SPEND ONE SECOND ELSEWHERE.
The "Bible" says or "Paul" said? The same Paul that said women should not be allowed to ask questions nor to be allowed to talk in the church. Quote where God the Jehovah or Jesus Christ said that we must go to Church every Sundays
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Splinz(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
toposa:
worshiping is not restricted to a particular day neither is holiness, and as for sunday DAT is d day Christians choose to gather for coperate worship. but personally we continually worship Him daily
You see, I have a problem when it comes to worshipping God through human wisdom, philosophy or whatever name you may call it.

It is true that worshipping God is not restricted to a particular day, but it is also true that He who you claimed to worship did SANCTIFIED a special day for His honor.

Saying anything contrary to this understanding portrays either ignorance or sheer being economical with the truth. And yes, it is extreme folly for puny man to set aside his Maker's command through his own wisdom, and replace it with his, and then somehow expects the almighty to concur with him.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Gboyee4fun(m): 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
worlexy:
Pls give us the Bible quotations

how many of you? Have you study your bible fully? cos I don't preach to sinners, I talked to Christians...and mind you I don't do quotations of Bible, I speak bible
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Gboyee4fun(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
worlexy:
The "Bible" says or "Paul" said? The same Paul that said women should not be allowed to ask questions nor to be allowed to talk in the church. Quote where God the Jehovah or Jesus Christ said that we must go to Church every Sundays

if Paul said it, the bible said...if you have problem with Paul's teaching, go and listen to Peter's advice in 2peter, the last chapter
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by banmee(m): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
Codedrock:

Bro, it's not about the pastor, it's the the system.
No. 2, many people go to church and think they are real believers but fact is they are not. I don't know who you are but if I should guess I think even you are not a real believer. Why?? Cos there must be some sin(s) you intentionally commit but go to church on Sunday so as to justify and make your self think you are better than non believers. Most xtians are in this category, well, I may be wrong about u though. But trust me 90% Christians are like that.
So what's the point of going to church if u are not holy like the scripture said: "be christ like"

Most people go to church because they are lazy and do not like to take responsibility for decisions and actions they have taken. They constantly want someone else to come bail them out. If you really want to be successful in life, don't go to church.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Revolva(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
who cares about church going.....its old school church is full of witches wizards..bad belle sadist...ashewo...cultists these days
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by worlexy(m): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

how many of you? Have you study your bible fully? cos I don't preach to sinners, I talked to Christians...and mind you I don't do quotations of Bible, I speak bible
See you, is that what Jesus taught you, your words aren't Christ-like so u don't deserve to refer to yourself as a Christian. If Jesus himself could say it that he didn't come for the righteous but rather to bring the sinners to repentance, who are you to claim righteousness that you can't talk to "sinners"? You claim to speak Bible but you only speak arrogance
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by sekundosekundo: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
worlexy:
Back up your claim with the word of Jesus not that of Paul that said women cannot lead men or that said women can't talk nor ask questions in church

All scriptures is written through the inspiration of God. God speaks through the mouth of his servants. God spoke through Moses in Exodus that we should not kill, fornicate etc, will you b'cos it didn't come from the mouth of Jesus direct and disobey it.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Gboyee4fun(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
worlexy:
See you, is that what Jesus taught you, your words aren't Christ-like so u don't deserve to refer to yourself as a Christian. If Jesus himself could say it that he didn't come for the righteous but rather to bring the sinners to repentance, who are you to claim righteousness that you can't talk to "sinners"? You claim to speak Bible but you only speak arrogance

lol, I'm I Jesus? and mind you I said Christians, and who are Christian? those that believe in Christ? did I mention righteous people? you are just doing yourself. and mind you the second coming of Christ is not for sinners but for those that believed in him....so bro, you can concluded as your perspective works, it doesn't affect me at all......I have said it before and I said it again, you don't have any excuse not to go to church if you are a real believer.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Dollarmerchant(f): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dearly beloved Pastor, I understand your need to encourage the flock but I would like to know Please who indeed is a true believer? Believer in what? Is a true believer a regular church goer or someone who believes and follows the teachings of CHRIST. I know I have read the bible over and over again particularly the teachings of JESUS CHRIST, but I have never seen a place where JESUS mentioned the necessity of going to a particular place, church/mountain/synagogue, in fact when CHRIST met the Samaritan woman by the well, he told her that the day is coming where true worshipers will neither go to Jerusalem or the mountains or Samaria, but will worship GOD in Spirit and truth.
From the teachings of JESUS, worshiping in Truth means LOVE (Love GOD with all your heart and soul, love your neighbour/humanity as yourself). Off course GOD is Spirit and the same GOD dwells in all of us, whether you are a Christian/Moslem/Hindu. So to worship in spirit means withdrawing from self and ego to search inwards and know the indwelling GOD. The GOD In whom we live, move and have our being.
Nevertheless, if you going to church daily makes you express love for all beings and love for GOD and also makes you feel good and happy, by all means go to church, but don't condemn those who have grown those who don't see any reason to go to church in order to love GOD or humanity, they will rather do it the way in the way they deem fit, they may have attained a higher knowledge.
.........Much love
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Dollarmerchant(f): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
clitah:

I was addicted to going to church once until i realised it doesnt necessarily equate holiness that in fact I carry GOD in me. So I took time away from church to study books. Some good books help Read. 1. Outwitting the devil by Napoleon Hill. I will recommend a second book if you are through reading this, read it along with your bible. Cheers
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by otemanuduno: 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
bugzygee:
if u are really confident y r u scared of what he myt "stage"??
You are not making any sense. Where did I say that I am scared? I have asked where we could meet, so where does the word SCARE comes in? undecided
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by otemanuduno: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

let meet in Abeokuta, I'm a student of Funaab...let's see the real God....
But Funaab isn't in session right now. And can you pay for my Tfare? It would be better if you can come over to Lagos if you are so confident of your little god Yahweh.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
otemanuduno:
You are not making any sense. Where did I say that I am scared? I have asked where we could meet, so where does the word SCARE comes in? undecided
"Pls let's meet in a neutral place and (not in a place where you can stage anything.)".the words in bracket symbolize bravery I guess?
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by otemanuduno: 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
bugzygee:
"Pls let's meet in a neutral place and (not in a place where you can stage anything.)".the words in bracket symbolize bravery I guess?
it signifies unbiasness. You know Christians always like staging everything for the sake of jesus their god.
Re: You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
otemanuduno:
it signifies unbiasness. You know Christians always like staging everything for the sake of jesus their god.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Download Mfm Power Must Change Hands Messages (2009) By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / Father Mbaka Denies Accusing Church & Politicians Of Trying To Kill Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.