Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. (8901 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by beaversticks(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2016
ramdris:

Yes as at now, it's funny but then bro.... it was terrible..

The Naval guy slap me I just unconsciously handed over my car key to him. It was when he asked why I gave him my car key that I realised my key was not with me... angry angry.

**Sobs and blows nostril with handkerchief**

U suppose they remember am they laugh joor
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by MizTyna(f): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2016
I've lightly brushed people's bumpers a few times. But this time (2014) I almost hit the car to Maryland. I had just come down from the Ikeja bridge facing Mobolaji bank Anthony to Maryland. I was on speed,a blue golf 2 was in front of me. He was trying to turn and face Ikeja,didn't see him on time but even when I did,I could've calmly braked. I had just started driving big time and I was alone,I panicked and hit the accelerator instead of the brake. Next thing was gbosa!!! The guy and his friend just came down,I parked too. The guy was like 'madam,wetin happen na?' I was just sober,begging seriously. Luckily,his bumper didn't come off,my car just took half the colour of his car on my bumper.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2016
My first experience was three weeks ago on Carter bridge.

A friend of mine was having a court wedding and was actually running late so I was asked to drive because they trusted is was faster and a more experienced driver.

To cut the long story short after the wedding on our way home I was doing 50/60 and suddenly a car suddenly stopped in front of me i was pretty close.

I applied the brakes and unfortunately it failed and i rammed into the car.
Squeezed the bonnet broke the headlamps and damaged the radiator.

Was later told their mechanic warned them about the brakes but they overlooked it

No one was hurt and since then I learnt not to trust anyone's car performance except mine
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by JayEntaur(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2016
This was a coupla years back. I had just got my car & was still learning. That day was my very first time of leaving off-roads and driving through major roads. I had successfully navigated all the busy roads & was back to my street. Just some metres away from my house, I encountered a slight traffic build-up of cars on the opposite direction. On getting close to me, the first car coming from the other direction suddenly turned towards me, to avoid a pothole, and to avoid us hitting I, in turn, turned my steering away from him (my mistake). But problem was at that exact spot a beamer was parked off the road. I ended up rear-ending the beamer while the other car sped off into the sunset. 2nd mistake was that I didn't have a learner sign. But thankfully his car suffered little damage while mine bore most of the brunt of the impact. I begged him & he let me go, God bless his soul. I have paid his act forward, severally, since then.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by JayEntaur(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2016
PaperLace:
I've never bashed, but I've been bashed.
The fecking men would sometimes tell me "call your husband let's discuss man to man"

Which horseband you dash me, oga? angry

Lol.
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Chestnut(f): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2016
Mine happened last wk Thursday, I was going to a friend's house wen I noticed the Abeokuta express way was blocked due to a container that fell on the road, then I remembered there's a short cut along ekoro to command that leads to where I was going, I have only passed the route once so I wasn't sure of d street that leads there. Then I stopped to ask a fish seller by the road side, she told me I could pass d street where she was but d road is bad, but I should go and make a u turn to pass d street before dat one. So I decided to make a reverse since it's just d street behind me and it's not really far, I looked at d rear mirror den my back was free, so I decided to make d reverse quickly using My rear mirror d next thing I heard was gbaaah!I was like a dream I dint even see d Serena space bus at all, his right full light was broken his bumper was torn d right side of d motor was bashed. I was shaking cos sat will be my first time since I started driving in 2003, I paid 6k for d full light he wanted me to pay for the body to but people dat was gathered there supported me dat I av tried dat he shld do the rest himself, cos he was at fault too, he should av pressed the horn for me to know he was at my back, spent 11k to repair mine, thank God My breaklight had a narrow escape

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 26, 2016
JayEntaur:

Lol.
I don't usually find it funny o.
You hit a Beamer?
I'll just evaporate if na me... cry
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2016
I was busy forming pro on the third day of driving lessons..... after that I proceeded to my dad's car parked in the garage .... crazy as it sounds I was just 15 ... before I could blink The airbag was out and the car was resting perfectly on the fence with the bonnet looking wonderfully smashed
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by JayEntaur(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2016
PaperLace:

I don't usually find it funny o.
You hit a Beamer?
I'll just evaporate if na me... cry

Lol. You coulda fooled me, with the hilarious way you said it.

Yes I did, but thankfully twas an old car. But Beamer na Beamer nau, abi?
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by drmikeadams(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
grin grin grin i park last for the compound,neighbour come knock say make i drive out ,she wan comot,,i open gate put motor for reverse dey drive out make i clear well..i match brake ,car no gree stop..na so i hear gbiiim..i don hit one clean mercedez lexus wey no block me..i look around ,as i no see anybody wey dey look ,i just rush park the motor..the mumu neighbour just wave me sorry..but my major problem na lagos girls grin.....the kind big nyansh ,boobs different shapes and sizes.i dey see for road ehn .i dey use front,center and side mirror dey look..na so i look go jam one woman car for back..where i dey beg..the woman dey shout ..are u blind..?i wan explain,but how i wan tell am say i dey look lagos girl nyansh..if u see the woman boobs sef,,you go jam lorry..i have quit driving in lagos
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by MosesNG(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin i park last for the compound,neighbour come knock say make i drive out ,she wan comot,,i open gate put motor for reverse dey drive out make i clear well..i match brake ,car no gree stop..na so i hear gbiiim..i don hit one clean mercedez lexus wey no block me..i look around ,as i no see anybody wey dey look ,i just rush park the motor..the mumu neighbour just wave me sorry..but my major problem na lagos girls grin.....the kind big nyansh ,boobs different shapes and sizes.i dey see for road ehn .i dey use front,center and side mirror dey look..na so i look go jam one woman car for back..where i dey beg..the woman dey shout ..are u blind..?i wan explain,but how i wan tell am say i dey look lagos girl nyansh..if u see the woman boobs sef,,you go jam lorry..i have quit driving in lagos
Mercedes Lexus... Hmmm...Una well done!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Whizpeter:
[b]My first car bashing was a day of sadness and emotional breakdown...

I had just started driving (3 months experience), was still learning cos I hardly had time to practice..

My Uncle owns a company and I went to do my IT with him!!

On a particular saturday, one of the company vehicles broke down on the road, so me together with the manager of the company went with my Aunt's car (A toyota corolla 2004 model) to get a mechanic who would accompany us to where the vehicle broke down..

We successfully worked on the vehicle and it regained consciousness!!

The manager gave me key to go and turn the toyota in the opposite direction while he settles the mechanic so that we can start going, that's where wahala entered...

The street is a narrow one and was completely empty, I decided to drive into another street by the right and come out with a reverse!

The moment I turned my steering into the street, I saw another car facing me trying to come out from the street, I looked at my front and cars were everywhere, I was like when did all these cars reach here? I checked my rear mirror and saw an SUV some distance behind me, I decided to go back a little so that the other car can come out for me to enter (My mistake)

I didn't know that there was a toyota camry 2000 model exactly behind me that was at a blind spot from my rear mirror, I only saw the SUV.. I just put car in reverse, throttle and GBOSA!!! The guy's front bumper gave way!!

See insult of life!! Oga kept telling me that its because I can't buy a car, that's why I didn't value my Aunt's own and I can bash it how I like cos I don't know the worth!!

Insulted everything about me including family history and education sef!!

I felt sad that day.. He even sent the plate number of the car to one of his friends in the licensing office who gave him my Aunt's details and he swore he was going to call her to report my unruly behaviour...

I begged him more than I'd ever begged God sef and Oga was adamant oo!!

At a point I just called his bluff and entered the car to collect AC!!

It was our mechanic that helped him put his bumper in a manageable condition but it still needed respray!!

When he saw that I wasn't bulging, he just drove off!!!

After that day, I didn't touch car key for over a year, the next time I tried to drive, I had forgotten what P,R,N,D stands for!!! That one too is story for another day cos I drove a lexus SUV into a wall!!![/b]

LOLssss...na that AC part crack me!! U na DON ooooo
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Whizpeter(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

LOLssss...na that AC part crack me!! U na DON ooooo
grin grin grin
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by snipesdam(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
ernesterioo:
chaiiiii, I no fit forget my bashing experience cha, I just finished Dads car,so I requested for the key from him to park it to the garage position,he didn't wanted to give me coz he said I am not perfect yet, I told it just to park car now, so I entered the car,Did the normal gear, I was struggling with the Steering coz I heard my dad shout outside saying ,turn the steering to the left,meanwhile my leg was on break, all of a sudden ,when I straighten my hand, the car moving didn't satisfied me, I didn't know the spirit that placed my leg on the accelerator,and bingo the car moved so fast and [size=18pt]hitted[/size] the nearby shop close to the garage, u need to see shout from my dad, that 1.6milla, the shout brought pple within the neighborhood thinking someone died...
I thank God coz kids normally stay beside the shop , assuming they were there, I would have killed them, the car [size=18pt]hitted[/size] the shop and stop it from moving..

since then, oooo, I no wash the car and I no step inside or not to talk of doing my normal phone charging..

I would never forget this day.....

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by dfos2k(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
Yesterday A drunk taxi driver crashed into my car with high speed carrying full load while I was trying to make a u turn. I'm just grateful to Jehovah for life. Other cars were waiting patiently but this mad dog left his lane and finished me. I'm very happy none in his car died just minor scratches.

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by e4ma(f): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hmmmm, mine was just 2 weeks ago ooo. I have been driving inside street buh never entered express, and I just got my tokunbo Rav 4 2004 model and na so so warm I go warm am den jump enter BRT to work.

One day I just vexed and entered express o and drove to and fro work, from Onipanu to Marina, no learner sign cos na driver licence I get, so off I went slowly with harzard lights on, day 1 and day 2 passed. I was happy, den came day 3, I was already feeling like a guru, I was coming out of our bustop to join Ikorodu road, I did not see one of these yellow baba taxi ooooo, I just stepped on accelerator to hit the express I just heard GBOSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Baba taxi just parked, I culdnt even utter a word, I was in shock, I had to call one of my colleague to PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! come to Onipanu, na so he come help me speak Yoruba and beg and beg, buh d damage on the taxi was massive and nothing happened to my car. After much much I parted with over 35k and Ayo (my colleague) drove us to work. I swore I wuld never drive again EVER

Phewww, still driving sha buh mega careful wenever I get to THAT junction.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Bina33(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
HtwoOw:

You think say I no know say you bash my eod? grin
lol lol.. Shey you still see the painting small after mechanic finish work??
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by flinton(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
beaversticks:

Too much of fast n furious
I wasn't speeding, if I was I would hv damaged d car badly
Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
ernesterioo:
chaiiiii, I no fit forget my bashing experience cha, I just finished Dads car,so I requested for the key from him to park it to the garage position,he didn't wanted to give me coz he said I am not perfect yet, I told it just to park car now, so I entered the car,Did the normal gear, I was struggling with the Steering coz I heard my dad shout outside saying ,turn the steering to the left,meanwhile my leg was on break, all of a sudden ,when I straighten my hand, the car moving didn't satisfied me, I didn't know the spirit that placed my leg on the accelerator,and bingo the car moved so fast and hitted the nearby shop close to the garage, u need to see shout from my dad, that 1.6milla, the shout brought pple within the neighborhood thinking someone died...
I thank God coz kids normally stay beside the shop , assuming they were there, I would have killed them, the car hitted the shop and stop it from moving..

since then, oooo, I no wash the car and I no step inside or not to talk of doing my normal phone charging..

If na another person now you go but him balls.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by bishopkay: 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Bina33:
lol lol.. Shey you still see the painting small after mechanic finish work??

Una mata don make me laf tire here ooo. U think say u run the mata on code whereas the guy know...hahahaha
gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Car Bashing Experience. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
ernesterioo:
chaiiiii, I no fit forget my bashing experience cha, I just finished Dads car,so I requested for the key from him to park it to the garage position,he didn't wanted to give me coz he said I am not perfect yet, I told it just to park car now, so I entered the car,Did the normal gear, I was struggling with the Steering coz I heard my dad shout outside saying ,turn the steering to the left,meanwhile my leg was on break, all of a sudden ,when I straighten my hand, the car moving didn't satisfied me, I didn't know the spirit that placed my leg on the accelerator,and bingo the car moved so fast and hitted the nearby shop close to the garage, u need to see shout from my dad, that 1.6milla, the shout brought pple within the neighborhood thinking someone died...
I thank God coz kids normally stay beside the shop , assuming they were there, I would have killed them, the car hitted the shop and stop it from moving..

((((((Booooooooommmmmm))))))

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got Smoked By A 2007 Camry V6 / Which Is Safer? Changing Two Front Tyres Whic Are Smaller? Or All Four Tyres? / Honda Accord 2004 Power Steering Pump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.