Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain (5894 Views)

‘Forget About the Stigma’ Male Nurses Explain Why Nursing Is a Job of the Future / Job Duties Of A Secretary In A Law Firm / What Are The Duties Of A Sales Manager. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain by Perpetual459: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Gaborone:
As the name implies, his duty is to ensure compliance, by the company with concerned regulatory agencies and statutory regulations.

The business of the company will inform the agencies and regulations they are to look out for. Generally however, companies have to ensure compliance with the Corporate Affairs Commission and FIRs. If you are the compliance manager in question, you can start with those two. With them, you have to file certain returns every year, month, etc etc,

Additionally, you have to research regulatory agencies linked to the kind of business your company is into. If for example you are into household food packaging, then you know you are going to be dealing with NAFDAC and maybe Standard Organisation of Nigeria.

Thanks.
I appreciate ur comment

1 Like

Re: Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain by Perpetual459: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
gingger:

From the little I know, the compliance manager or unit per say are in charge of e forcing policies of d organization, dress ethics and to some extent intern auditing, they report to nobody except their boss dats if u re not d boss.

In fact ehn, that sections is just too sweet if u know wat u re doing.. U re a boss cos u can even issue query to ur superior if there is a breach of policy.

That's d little I know.

Congrt op on ur new appointment
thanks,I appreciate ur comment
Re: Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain by Perpetual459: 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
simplex2:
In a layman language, you are the police of the organization: enforcing policies, organising/performing internal audits, detecting non-compliance and correcting it.

Compliance manager can be in charge of quality asusrance and quality control if it's a production firm.

A very interesting field, you do well by ensuring your company's internal policies and QMS if it's an ISO company are implemented to the letter.

My 2 kobo
thanks
Re: Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain by Perpetual459: 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
thank you all for ur reasonable comments.
Re: Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain by Perpetual459: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2016
pls can we chat via whatassp?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Rejected A 15K Job With Alpha Technologies / Download ICAN Pathfinder May 2019 For Foundation, Skills And Professional / How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.