Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) (5236 Views)

When "Proof" Is Presented To An Atheist And Skeptic / Beware: Spacetacular Is Felixomor / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Doctoralien(christian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
raphieMontella:

will answer this in the evening....
Ma go field first

I hear u cool
Its like the "contradictions" have finished?

Hehehe, #FeelingBlessed
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by flamingREED(m): 5:43am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Is your use of capitals supposed to scare me or something?

I would like to have a debate with you on this same issue. Bible contradictions.

I'm God's swordsman.

Or summon the best atheistic hand.

It's been long I did herculean research

what do you say?
smiley

1 Like

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 8:11am On Oct 03, 2016
flamingREED:

I would like to have a debate with you on this same issue. Bible contradictions.

I'm God's swordsman.

Or summon the best atheistic hand.

It's been long I did herculean research

what do you say?
smiley
By research you mean google copy and paste right? By the way why does God need a swordsman? It's the nuclear weapons age bro.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by flamingREED(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
By research you mean google copy and paste right? By the way why does God need a swordsman? It's the nuclear weapons age bro.

It's a nuclear a sword,
Whose wielding wears a thousand foes
With choking waves and poisoned shafts.

Does it matter how I do my research?

It doesn't, dear sir.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2016

There is no contradiction there Mr. man
Matthew is clearly deficient on the time of the day when the disciples noticed the dry tree while Mark clearly specifies that they saw it in the next morning when they were returning.
Even a kid can clearly read that.
this is a bloody lie...
And i will post the verses for all to see again

Matthew 21:19-21Amplified Bible (AMP) 19 Seeing a lone fig tree at the roadside, He went to it and found nothing but leaves on it; and He said to
it, “Never again will fruit come from you.” And at
once the fig tree withered. 20 When the disciples saw it, they were astonished and asked, “How is it that the fig tree has withered
away all at once?
” 21 Jesus replied to them, “I
clearly the fig tree withered at once in the presence of the apostles and they even commented on it at that moment....all these happened in a single time frame..
The day he was coming back to jerusalem(on the road to jeru.) after he had left bethany(Where he spent the previous night)
as shown in
mathhew 21 17 and 18

17 Then He left them and went out of the city to
Bethany, and spent the night there.

:18 Now early in the morning, as Jesus was coming back to the city[JERUSALEM] he was hungry

while in mark...

[quote]
[quote]

Mark 11:14-15
Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 He said to it, “No one will ever eat fruit from you again!”And His disciples were
listening [to what He said].
15 Then they came to Jerusalem.

19 When evening came, Jesus and His disciples would leave the city.

Mark 11:20-21Amplified Bible (AMP) 20 In the morning, as they were passing by, the disciples saw that the fig tree had withered away
from the roots up. 21 And remembering, Peter said to Him, “Rabbi (Master), look! The fig tree which
You cursed has withered!”

here we can see in verse 14 and 15 that he cursed the fig tree before he came to jerusalem...and when he cursed the fig tree...the disciples listened and heard and saw nothing..(verse 14 ending) and verse 19 shows us that evening came(the evening of the day he cursed the tree)
verse 20 shows us that it was the next day...when they were returning to jerusalem that they noticed the tree....verse 21 perfectly sums it up that the withering of the fig tree didnt happen the previous day

21 And remembering, Peter said to Him, “Rabbi (Master), look! The fig tree which
You cursed has withered!”
peter remembered

so mrfelixomor...pls tell us how this is not a contradiction....
I need neutral minds like ranchhoddas et all...to comment on this and say if it is a contradiction or not...
Neutral minds pls comment
cc felixomor ranchhoddas
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor1:

Not even a single point made! . Please have u run out of scriptural "contradictions"? cool
I am waiting.
#StillFeelingTheBlessing cool
so youve accepted god lies and is a liar... Good... Im glad everyone can see this...not a matter of personal opinion
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor3:

Again, u show ur desire too keep talking to hide a defeat of ur argument.

What has color description got to do with the dye it is produced with?

Well, Here is a scripture where red is used to describe "crimson" and "crimson" is linked to "scarlet"

Isa. 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Here is the word for "scarlet" in the hebrew manuscipt of the bible.

?
sha^ni^y
shaw-nee'
Of uncertain derivation; crimson, properly the insect or its color, also stuff dyed with it: - crimson, scarlet (thread
).

Now here is the original greek translation from the part of the bible u are arguing.

"scarlet" in Matthew 27:28

??´
kokkinos
kok'-kee-nos
From G2848 (from the kernel shape of the insect); crimson colored: - scarlet (colour, coloured).

Those are straight from the original manuscript of the bible.

I purposely copied them straight so as to show that u have never ventured in your life to study the hebrew and greek writings from which the bible were translated to English. That is really sad of u.

U just jump in cut and paste and come to argue.

But u can see above that the bible uses red, crimson and even scarlet to some time refer to the same colour.

U have fired blank there!

If u like argue against the original greek translation, the truth is obvious now.

cool

www.nairaland.com/3383470/felixomorscarlet-purple#49873487#49845776

www.nairaland.com/3383470/felixomorscarlet-purple#49873487#49845800

this has been ammended in the above...
So the question is...
What was the colour of jesus's robe?

Purple or scarlet?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2016
flamingREED:

It's a nuclear a sword,
Whose wielding wears a thousand foes
With choking waves and poisoned shafts.

Does it matter how I do my research?

It doesn't, dear sir.
Copy and paste is not research. I can easily google the 'answers' myself if that's what you intend to do. Felix0mor is getting his ass kicked, so you can help him.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

this is a bloody lie...

clearly the fig tree withered at once in the presence of the apostles and they even commented on it at that moment....all these happened in a single time frame..
The day he was coming back to jerusalem(on the road to jeru.) after he had left bethany(Where he spent the previous night)
as shown in
mathhew 21 17 and 18
Hehehehehe...Let's see how he's going to wriggle out of this one.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by flamingREED(m): 10:29am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Copy and paste is not research. I can easily google the 'answers' myself if that's what you intend to do. Felix0mor is getting his ass kicked, so you can help him.

Hmm
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

this is a bloody lie...

as shown in
mathhew 21 17 and 18

Mar 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
Mar 11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Mark clearly says "morning"

And u say its a lie that matthew specified time of the day it happened.

Please Can you show me "morning" "afternoon" or "night"(the various times of the day) in Matthew's account of the story, when the disciples noticed?

shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by flamingREED(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

It's a simple puzzle.

Christ Jesus was a crowd puller.

Different sections of his crowd will get slightly different impressions.

Journalism isn't any different today,
There's always bound to be slight variance in reporting same incidences.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Hahaha..... cool

look below grin
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 10:43am On Oct 03, 2016
flamingREED:

It's a simple puzzle.

Christ Jesus was a crowd puller.

Different sections of his crowd will get slightly different impressions.

Journalism isn't any different today,
There's always bound to be slight variance in reporting same incidences.
These variations are anything but slight. Try harder.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by flamingREED(m): 10:47am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

I just cross-checked.

It's easy to see that between verse 19 and 20 could have been a wide time expanse.

The disciples said 'how SOON' is the fig tree withered..

That isn't same as 'at once'.

Sometimes, in between two bible verse, a lot of details are left out.
It's good to write concisely, and in doing so, some details will be lost.

I know that the language is in the infinite present, it doesn't mean everything happened at the same moment.

The writer chose to present his work in that tense.

I do not rule out the fact that in reporting there won't be slight variations.

Definitely, there'll be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:22am On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
These variations are anything but slight. Try harder.

....... Expantiate on the variation for urself lets hear u.
Mschewww
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2016

Felixomor:Again u show ur desperate style of bible study:

U read Judges 1 but why didnt u go to Judges 2?
Jdg 2:2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land;ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?
Jdg 2:3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.

cc raphieMontella
take note of the bolded red...
Lets see the whole story
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2016
this is mischief from you...felixomor
I asked this question..

can you provide a passage that hints that it was the the unbelief/disobedience of judah(tribe of judah) that made them unable to capture the inhabitants of the valley?

we are talking of judah...(tribe of judah)
lets look at the tribe of judah
pls take note of all the bolded words

judges 1 GNT

the Lord, “Which of our tribes should be the first to

go and attack the Canaanites?” 2 The Lord answered, “The tribe of Judah will go first. I am giving them control of the land.”
they were to attack the canaanites and take the canaanite lands.

4 and Judah went into battle together. The Lord gave them victory over the
Canaanites and the Perizzites, and they defeated ten
thousand men at Bezek.
5 They found Adonibezek there and fought him. 6 He ran away, but they chased him, caught him, and cut off his thumbs and
big toes. 7 Adonibezek said, “Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up
scraps under my table. God has now done to me
what I did to them.” He was taken to Jerusalem,
where he died.
They destroyed all the canaanites and perrizites as the lord commanded

8 The people of Judah attacked Jerusalem and captured it. They killed its people and set fire to the
city
. 9 After this they went on to fight the Canaanites who lived in the hill country, in the
foothills, and in the dry country to the south. 10 They marched against the Canaanites living in the
city of Hebron, which used to be called Kiriath Arba.
There they defeated the clans of Sheshai, Ahiman,
and Talmai.

here again They destroyed all the canaanites as the lord commanded
#obeying god perfectly...they didnt mercy and joined leagues with the inhabitants

11 From there the men of Judah marched against the city of Debir, at that time called Kiriath Sepher. 12 One of them, called Caleb, said, “I will give my daughter Achsah in marriage to the man who
succeeds in capturing Kiriath Sepher.” 13[b]Othniel, the son of Caleb's younger brother Kenaz, captured
the city,[/b]
here again They destroyed all the city as the lord commanded
#obeying god perfectly...they didnt mercy and joined leagues with the inhabitants

from the above verses and the bolded...
We can see that the people of the tribe of judah did not disobey the lord...infact the only time the tribe of judah settled was in.

16 The sons of [[c]Jethro] the Kenite, Moses’ father- in-law, went up from the City of Palms (Jericho)
with the sons of Judah, to the wilderness of Judah
which is in the Negev (South country of judah) near Arad;

and they went and lived with the people.
they settled in their own territory...assigned to them by joshua in Joshua 15...you can confirm there
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

take note of the bolded red...
Lets see the whole story

Dont be going to read what u didnt read before and keep coming back.

If it was a debate, u have lost. Simpu cool
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2016
so who was the angel of God talking about in judges 2:2?

Jdg 2:2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land;ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?
he was talking about the other tribes but not the tribe of judah..

So which tribees was it?

27 The tribe of Manasseh did not drive out the people living in the cities of Beth Shan, Taanach,
Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and the nearby towns; the
Canaanites continued to live there..........

29 The tribe of Ephraim did not drive out the Canaanites living in the city of Gezer,..........

30 The tribe of Zebulun did not drive out the people living in the cities of Kitron and Nahalal......

31 The tribe of Asher did not drive out the people living in the cities of Acco, Sidon,......

33 The tribe of Naphtali did not drive out the people living in the cities of Beth Shemesh.........
clearly we can see the tribes that erred...

So i ask again...mrfelixomor..
Can u provide a bible passage that hints that the tribe of judah became disobedient and it was the reason the could not drive out the people of the valley?

Its clear for everyone to see

cc felixomor
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:58am On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

Dont be going to read what u didnt read before and keep coming back.
If it was a debate, u have lost. Simpu cool
what are you saying Pls make sense and stop being slack.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
this is mischief from you...felixomor
I asked this question..

we are talking of judah...(tribe of judah)
lets look at the tribe of judah
pls take note of all the bolded words

they were to attack the canaanites and take the canaanite lands.

They destroyed all the canaanites and perrizites as the lord commanded

here again They destroyed all the canaanites as the lord commanded

here again They destroyed all the city as the lord commanded

from the above verses and the bolded...
We can see that the people of the tribe of judah did not disobey the lord...infact the only time the tribe of judah settled was in.

they settled in their own territory...assigned to them by joshua in Joshua 15...you can confirm there

Jdgs 2:4 And it came to pass, when the angel of the LORD spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.

Even the whole israel acknowledged their shortcoming and repented and made sacrifice to God in Boachim.

Please go and read Judges 2.

Case closed on that.

More "contradictions" ? Please
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

....... Expantiate on the variation for urself lets hear u. Mschewww
Sorry. I'll pass.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

what are you saying
Pls make sense and stop being slack.

U av never read Judges 2 in ur life.
Go and read it.
Period
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Sorry. I'll pass.

The great escape. cool
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

Mar 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
Mar 11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Mark clearly says "morning"

And u say its a lie that matthew specified time of the day it happened.

Please Can you show me "morning" "afternoon" or "night"(the various times of the day) in Matthew's account of the story, when the disciples noticed?

shocked
lol are you guys drunk?
Did you read at all?

18 Now early in the morning, as Jesus was coming back to the city, He was hungry. 19 Seeing a lone fig tree at the roadside, He went to it and found
nothing but leaves on it; and He said to it, “Never
again will fruit come from you.” And at once] the fig
tree withered. 20 When the disciples saw it, they were astonished and asked, “How is it that the fig tree has withered
away all at once?”
21 Jesus replied to them, “I...
23 When He entered the temple area, the [e]chief
what does at once mean?
Please tell me a contrary meaning of at once?
This happened when he was going to the city of jerusalem(the temple) that same day...
Verse 23..
23 When He entered the temple
his journey which he started in the morning of that same day...clearly stated for all to see...
Cc flamingreed felixomor
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

Jdgs 2:4 And it came to pass, when the angel of the LORD spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.

Even the whole israel acknowledged their shortcoming and repented and made sacrifice to God in Boachim.

Please go and read Judges 2.

Case closed on that.

More "contradictions" ? Please

can you provide a passage that hints that it was the the unbelief/disobedience of judah(tribe of judah) that made them unable to capture the inhabitants of the valley?
this has always been the question oga...
Everyone who sees this simple question understands...
Their shortcomings during the battle is what i asked..of the tribe of judah..not some jumbo about the tribes which didnt obey...
I asked...
Their disobedience in the capture of the valley people...
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

The great escape. cool
Escape from someone who think a bot is after him? Yeah right!
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol are you guys drunk?
Did you read at all?

what does at once mean?
Please tell me a contrary meaning of at once?
This happened when he was going to the city of jerusalem(the temple) that same day...
Verse 23..

his journey which he started in the morning of that same day...clearly stated for all to see...
Cc flamingreed felixomor

Sorry my child,
"At once" means the tree went against natural phenomenon of how a tree withers.

Normally, trees take days and even weeks to wither starting from the leaves and then systematically to the stem.

But in the morning, the tree was already dried from top to bottom. Which is highly unusual.
That is what 'at once" means.

In this context, It does not connote the time of occurrence. It connotes the extent of damage.

Garrit?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Escape from someone who think a bot is after him? Yeah right!

Even ur colleague am debating with witnessed the bot.

Ha ha ha
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

Even ur colleague am debating with witnessed the bot.
Ha ha ha
SMH...Did he open a thread crying persecution?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by promise101: 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Is the bot still chasing you in your dreams?
Why can't you just stay away?

If you need an argument like this, why not opena thread between both of us only, so we can get the heat on. Stop fooling here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Revelation NOW" / God Never Makes Mistakes? Some Undeniable Mistakes From The Bible / Can Bible Gurus Help Answer These Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.