Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) (5370 Views)

When "Proof" Is Presented To An Atheist And Skeptic / Beware: Spacetacular Is Felixomor / Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Doctoralien(christian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by johnydon22(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I wonder when someone is gonna start a restricted debate between me and them.

Let's do it - You and i
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnydon22:

Let's do it - You and i
Ok, start it then bro!
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by johnydon22(m): 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnydon22:

Topic?
https://www.nairaland.com/2703924/discussion-thread-johnydon22
You bring up the topic since you are the skeptic and I am the defendant.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnydon22:

Topic?
https://www.nairaland.com/2703924/discussion-thread-johnydon22
How about we discuss the abhorrent and appalling concept of hell?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by johnydon22(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:
How about we discuss the abhorrent and appalling concept of hell?
i'm open to it
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by flamingREED(m): 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
After jesus's baptism..he went to?
Mark 1:9,13 the wilderness for fourty days or
john 1:32,35 galilee.

how many men did jesus heal while leaving jericho?
Matthew 20:29 two blind men or
mark 10:47 one blind man....

When was jesus crucified?
Mark 15:25 the third hour(9am
john 19 -16 the sixth hour.(12pm

who asked jesus for seats in heaven?
MAR 10:35-37 james and john
MAT 20:20-21, their mother.

Who put the robe on jesus?
Luke 23:11 soldiers of herod
john 19:1-2 soldiers of pilate

cc felixomor flamingreed

Hahas.

Why fast-forward?

One at a time, please.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
johnydon22:

i'm open to it
Ok, please the honour of starting the thread is yours.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
After jesus's baptism..he went to?
Mark 1:9,13 the wilderness for fourty days or
john 1:32,35 galilee.

With reference to "galilee" u stated above?

Please o, I dont want to shout so that u wont say i insulted you

This is John 1:32 - And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

And this is John 1:35 - Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

I cant see any where "galilee" is stated.

Remember, this is a debate and specificity is crucial.

Please Is this another "typo"?

cc: Ranchhoddas

raphieMontella:

how many men did jesus heal while leaving jericho?
Matthew 20:29 two blind men or
mark 10:47 one blind man....

Simple answer again: he healed 2 of them While
Mark and Luke focuses on the story of Bartimeus, the most out-spoken of the blind men.

I explain thus;

(Matthew 20:29-30) - "And as they were going out from Jericho, a great multitude followed Him. 30And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, hearing that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, "Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!"

(Mark 10:46-47) - "And they *came to Jericho. And as He was going out from Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. 47And when he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

There is no contradiction. Matthew 20:29-30 makes it clear that as Jesus was leaving Jericho that there were two blind men sitting by the road. If there are two blind men, then there is certainly at least one there as well.

Again, Mark never said Bartimeus was the only blind man who sat on that spot.

The one focused on was Bartimeaus. Both called out for healing (Matthew 20:29-30). Perhaps Mark and Luke focus on Bartimeaus' account because he was the loudest and most determined of the both of them.

raphieMontella:

When was jesus crucified?
Mark 15:25 the third hour(9am
john 19 -16 the sixth hour.(12pm

Again, the answer to this rests on bible chronlogy which i will keep referring to .

The book of John was written near the end of the first century and he based his time calculations on Roman Civil Time just as we use Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) today.
While Matthew, Mark and Luke were written using the computings of the oold traditional Jewish Time Settings

Now lets merge everything together.

When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus out and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha. Now it was the Preparation Day of the Passover, and about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, “Behold your King!” But they cried out, “Away with Him, away with Him! Crucify Him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar!” Then he delivered Him to them to be crucified. So they took Jesus and led Him away (John 19:13-16,)

John does not actually refer to the hour of the crucifixion, but only to the proceedings leading up to the crucifixion, specifically, the general timeframe when Pilate handed Jesus over to the Roman guards to commence the execution procedures. At this point, there yet remained the torturous, time-consuming journey to the place of execution. These events began to occur “about” 6:00 a.m.

Mark’s account reads as follows:

Then they compelled a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, the father of Alexander and Rufus, as he was coming out of the country and passing by, to bear His cross. And they brought Him to the place Golgotha, which is translated, Place of a Skull. Then they gave Him wine mingled with myrrh to drink, but He did not take it. And when they crucified Him, they divided His garments, casting lots for them to determine what every man should take. Now it was the third hour, and they crucified Him (Mark 15:21-25,

Using Jewish reckoning, Mark’s “[b]third hour” is 9:00 a.m.—three hours after John’s “sixth hour”

Allowance is even provided for the events leading up to the actual crucifixion, the proper sequence is preserved,

I hope u can see the perfection of God's Word, we keep singing about?

You see that there is not a single atom of contradiction there? cool

raphieMontella:

who asked jesus for seats in heaven?
MAR 10:35-37 james and john
MAT 20:20-21, their mother.

Answer is the 3 of them.
Very Simple cool

Matthew states that James and John came to Jesus with their mother. When Jesus asked, “What do you wish?” she asked for her sons to be granted the honor of sitting at the Lord’s side in His kingdom (Matthew 20:21).

In Mark, we are told that James and John came to Jesus and asked for this honor. He does not mention the appearance of their mother, but this doesn’t mean she wasn’t there.
There is no word that specifies she was absent.
Afterall, an old proverb says mother knows best, so she may have only helped her sons to beg. That's all

Mark may have simply focused on the audacity of the two brothers in asking Jesus this question. After all, the rest of the disciples were quite perturbed that the brothers asked this question.

raphieMontella:

Who put the robe on jesus?
Luke 23:11 soldiers of herod
john 19:1-2 soldiers of pilate

cc flamingreed , felixomor

Again, very simple answer:

Herod’s soldiers put the robe on Jesus and sent Him to Pilate. Pilate’s soldiers took off the robe, tortured Him, and then dressed Him in a robe again – probably the same one used by Herod’s soldiers

John 19 clearly says that Pilate ordered that Jesus be scourged.

And whenever the roman soldiers wanted to scourge people, they always removed the clothes of the people the were scourging and then dress up the person after scourging him.
And thats why they put jesus in a gorgeous robe after scourging him.

That making it the second time a robe was put on Jesus.

Frist by Herod's men

Secondly, by Pilate's men after the scourging.

You can see that there is no "contradictions", my brother? cool

cool

#FeelingBlessed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by johnydon22(m): 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Ok, please the honour of starting the thread is yours.

I think it makes more sense for the believer to do the ceremony, the honour is yours brother.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

With reference to "galilee" u stated above?

Please o, I dont want to shout so that u wont say i insulted you

This is John 1:32 - And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

And this is John 1:35 - Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

I cant see any where "galilee" is stated.

Remember, this is a debate and specificity is crucial.

Please Is this another "typo"?

cc: Ranchhoddas
i bring these verses out myself...
Thus the rubbish
..1 john 43 rather..is where galilee..

The question is..
Did jesus go to the wilderness straight or did he not?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

i bring these verses out myself...
Thus the rubbish
..1 john 43 rather..is where galilee..

The question is..
Did jesus go to the wilderness straight or did he not?

Just like that abi? cool
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
I hope everybody is seeing what is happening on this debate thread o?

Cc Ranchhoddas, u have become silent.
I call u earlier.
U no respond.

Its like ur internet is not working?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2016

Simple answer again: he healed 2 of them While
Mark and Luke focuses on the story of Bartimeus, the most out-spoken of the blind men.

I explain thus;

(Matthew 20:29-30) - "And as they were going out from Jericho, a great multitude followed Him. 30And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, hearing that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, "Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!"

(Mark 10:46-47) - "And they *came to Jericho. And as He was going out from Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. 47And when he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

There is no contradiction. Matthew 20:29-30 makes it clear that as Jesus was leaving Jericho that there were two blind men sitting by the road. If there are two blind men, then there is certainly at least one there as well.

Again, Mark never said Bartimeus was the only blind man who sat on that spot.

The one focused on was Bartimeaus. Both called out for healing (Matthew 20:29-30). Perhaps Mark and Luke focus on Bartimeaus' account because he was the loudest and most determined of the both of them.
i wanted to post verses...but nonetheless...
I want to ask this question...
Nigeria won ghana 2:0
and Nigeria won ghana 1:0...
How are they the same?

If there are two blind men, then there is certainly at least one there as well.
this is an appeal to fulfilment of the context...
I didnt ask if it happened but how..

If mark had the idea of another person healed and wanted to focus on bartimaeus...wont he have said
46 there were two blind beggars and one was called.......focuses on bartimaeus 52...and jesus
healed the two and said....

Because verse 46 makes uses of ''A'' which means ''one''
a boy=one boy...
Or from your form of appeal...
We can also state that they were more than two people jesus healed in matthew....or was matthew just bringing extra content...so i ask

nigeria won ghana by a goal
and nigeria won ghana by two goals?
Reconcile pls..
Cc felixomor
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

I call u earlier.
U no respond.

what is the problem here?
He was still around from 1john 32 and went to galilee in verse 43.....
What is the problem oga?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

what is the problem here?
He was still around from 1john 32 and went to galilee in verse 43.....
What is the problem oga?

U replying this comment not mentioning u already shows u know what the problem is.

Anyway, till they come. Or till u do the needful
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

U replying this comment not mentioning u already shows u know what the problem is.

Anyway, till they come. Or till u do the needful
is satisfying your ego the problem here?
I mentioned ''these rubbish''...
I accepted...what else?
My sorry?
Ma de beg u like pikin or wah?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

i wanted to post verses...but nonetheless...
I want to ask this question...
Nigeria won ghana 2:0
and Nigeria won ghana 1:0...
How are they the same?

this is an appeal to fulfilment of the context...
I didnt ask if it happened but how..

If mark had the idea of another person healed and wanted to focus on bartimaeus...wont he have said
46 there were two blind beggars and one was called.......focuses on bartimaeus 52...and jesus
healed the two and said....

Because verse 46 makes uses of ''A'' which means ''one''
a boy=one boy...
Or from your form of appeal...
We can also state that they were more than two people jesus healed in matthew....or was matthew just bringing extra content...so i ask

nigeria won ghana by a goal
and nigeria won ghana by two goals?
Reconcile pls..
Cc felixomor

Your analogy with a football match is wrong.
Why because a football match states the total and individual result.

A better analogy is a teacher and a student belonging to a class.

If I say "i taught a boy 2 years ago, his name was Bartimeus"

The statement doesnt mean the boy was the only person in his class.
The statement also doesnt mean that he was the only person i taught.

Thats it.
And u cant dictate for me that I must mention the number of people in his class because that is not the aim of my message, lest u get distracted.

1 Like

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

is satisfying your ego the problem here?
I mentioned ''these rubbish''...
I accepted...what else?
My sorry?
Ma de beg u like pikin or wah?

Ok na?
Yet U r the one that challenged somebody to a debate.

Issorai cool
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
felixomor:

I call u earlier.
U no respond.

I don come. Wetin happen?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don come. Wetin happen?

Scroll up and read ur earlier mention
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 12:05am On Oct 04, 2016
felixomor:

Scroll up and read ur earlier mention
Done. Am I supposed to see something?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by felixomor: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Done. Am I supposed to see something?

Ok u can go.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Ranchhoddas: 12:19am On Oct 04, 2016
felixomor:

Ok u can go.
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by oaroloye(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2016
SHALOM!

raphieMontella:
This thread is between raphiemontella and a
christian;Felixomor,who claimed the bible is void
of contradictions...
Infact he claimed the bible has no contradiction in
it...

DEFINITION OF CONTRADICTION

contradiction
 /ˌkɑːntrəˈdɪkʃən/

noun plural contradictions

1 : the act of saying something that is opposite or
very different in meaning to something else

2 : : a difference or disagreement between two things which means that both cannot be true

this is the definition of contradiction...
Felixomor...comment on this thread and lets begin...

OF COURSE THERE ARE BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS!

Besides that there are errors from writers who got their facts wrong, it was a Standard Oriental Practice to incorporate deliberate lies into one's books, which only the approved Disciples would know were there. Someone attempting to hijack the System for Evil Ends would follow the Teachings BLINDLY, and so SCREW THEMSELVES UP, seriously.

[Source: THE PERCEPTION OF TRUTH LECTURES, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

NIGERIANS know that JUJU SORCERY can stop bullets.

BBC Journalist SHOLA ODUNFA attempted to report this, when he witnessed it with his own eyes, during the KANO RIOTS of several years ago.

He reported that people were being blown off their feet from the impact of bullets- then getting up to continue fighting.

The Oyinbo he was reporting to cut him off, and changed the subject!

They do not want people to know these things are possible,

Whatever can be done with JUJU can be done by WILLPOWER.

There was an incident in China, around, 1911: THE BOXER REBELLION, in which Kung Fu Fighters rose up against the RUSSIANS, EUROPEANS, AMERICANS, and JAPANESE. It was claimed that these people were so Backward and Stupid, they thought that their CHI power could withstand bullets.

The Chinese are amongst the most intelligent people in the History of Humanity.

If they thought that they could stop bullets with their minds, they could stop bullets with their minds.

However, no Asian Martial Arts Manual will tell you how to stop bullets with your mind.

This Knowledge was kept secret from the general public, lest it fall into foreign hands.

Therefore, they all teach "MEDITATION" Techniques that are COMPLETELY BOGUS!

They have one control their BREATHING, and GAZE at CANDLES, or MANDALAS and such- which is NONSENSE without the FUNDAMENTAL EXERCISES- which are taught in The Bible.

But The Bible has STUBLINGBLOCKS deliberately incorporated, so that NON-HEBREWS reading it would never be able to get to GOD.

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2016

felixomor:Again, the answer to this rests on bible chronlogy which i will keep referring to .

I hope u can see the perfection of God's Word, we keep singing about?

You see that there is not a single atom of contradiction there? cool
you dont just make a statement without proof oga...

Saying that would create a whole lot of problems..
(1) It would be the only place in the bible where an inspired bible writer ever used Roman timing
(2)This would leave about 3 hours for them to take Jesus to Golgotha to crucify him an unreasonable amount of time..They got back from Emmaus in less time than that.
(3)this midnight timing seems to be fiction as sundails were being used in rome as early as before 10bce which have their ''noon'' mark represented with the greek ''digamma''..which represents ''6'' in numerals...
(4)First century roman writers such as Josephus and Philo strongly use a normal daylight reckoning of hours
(Philo, Flaccum, 1:85) (josephus, Life, 279)
(5)how then do you logically compress jesus's trial in the morning the full Sanhedrin, and then Pilate the first time, and then Herod, and then Pilate once again, the second time --all before 6 A.M. in the MORNING!

See?.how is this possible?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2016
Also...the gospel of john seems to speak for itself #using a jewish system of time...i'll use the original kjv...
In john 4:6

3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4 And he must needs go through Samaria........
6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey sat thus on the
well: and it was about the sixth hour .....
8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat(food).)
pls take note of the bolded....
If the sixth hour was 6.am..
It would mean that jesus had started his journey from a time completely without ''light'' and it would mean that the disciples went to buy food as early as before 6.am and returned some minutes later with food...(verse 27)
How possible is it? As early as 6.am?
Definitely not...
The passage says jesus was tired from his journey at about the sixth hour...
This is completely reconcilable with someone who had journeyed under the sun and the disciples who were hungry went into the city to buy food....and they were able to purchase it..because the city by twelve noon would be well awake(bustling with activities)

in john 18:28 leading to john 19..

28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early.....
the greek word used to denote early here..pertains to dawn of the day...
(a)If john was using a roman style..it would mean that the trial before the sanhedrin,,appearance before pilate...appearance before herod and the second time before pilate all before 6am..very impossible
(b)if the events above are stretched out to accomodate more time..
it would also mean that pontius pilate a roman authority and an anti-semitic would wake/get up and open the court as early as 3,4 am ? For a jew?
(3)it would mean that they went against roman law...
Courts in ancient roman times opened at about the third hour...(definitely not 3.am)..
Clearly john had the jewish system of time in mind....

in john 11:9

9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? ....
this statement is in accordance with the jewish style of keeping time...sunrise to sunset...
The statement itself is a direct ''jewish day''...
www.torahcalendar.com/SUNSET.asp
www.torahcalendar.com/HOUR.asp

If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth
not, because he seeth the light of this world.
the writer of john further hints that he had the jewish system of keeping time in mind in the concluding statements of verse 9...
Cc felixomor
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Also the gospel of john is accepted to have arisen in a jewish christian community...and according to tradition written by apostle john
So why would john invent a new style?
And pls i need proof that he used this new method.....
And also proof that romans used this method..

Cc felixomor
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2016
felixomor:

Ok na? Yet U r the one that challenged somebody to a debate.
Issorai cool
baba..twas a mistake... Okay? So baba...re you answering it or not?
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by raphieMontella: 11:39am On Oct 04, 2016
felixomor:

Your analogy with a football match is wrong.
Why because a football match states the total and individual result.
i dont understand you sire...
M telling you from two sources boss...two story tellers about the match...

A better analogy is a teacher and a student belonging to a class.

If I say "i taught a boy 2 years ago, his name was Bartimeus"

The statement doesnt mean the boy was the only person in his class.
The statement also doesnt mean that he was the only person i taught.
now who's using a wrong analogy?

Thats it.
how?

And u cant dictate for me that I must mention the number of people in his class because that is not the aim of my message, lest u get distracted.
actually..it is you who's getting distracted...
The question was NEVER did it happen?..

So im just asking a simple question...
Mark:Nigeria won ghana by a goal
Mathew:Nigeria won ghana by two goals...
Pls reconcile and its dealt with....
Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

how?

Re: Bible Contradictions;raphiemontella(skeptic) VS Felixomor(christian) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

how?

Hey buddy, how about we both debate on this? What do you think? I need to clarify some things here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth Concerning Temptation / How Can You Identify True Christians? / How Church Growth And Business Boom Charm Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.