Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,648 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: (2430 Views)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? / Do You Know Your HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by oBBOR(m): 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2009
as for me i feel i see it as an avenue
to combat it from the root,
hearth aching when you see what youths have gone into
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by Godmother(f): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
Because what you dont know wont hurt you. It is better not knowing than doing the test with a slight possibility it might be positive. I did mine a year ago and I was so scared before I went for it.
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by eyonigger(m): 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
I was used to checking all the time, tested almost 5 times, all result= Negative, then I decided never to check again, since I figured out it was not my portion, at least I secure myself most of the time. Discipline counts in terms of sexuality.
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by julianH(m): 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
One of the hardest thing i ever did!

Wouldnt say i blame anybody who is scared of doing that WE SABI OURSELVES!

Will it surprise you to learn that when the HIV Testing Machine was brought to the US,
that President George W. Bush Snr refused to be tested?

His reason was that the knowledge of being positive kills faster than the virus itself!

I no blame am my people!
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by MissyB1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2009
julian_H:

Will it surprise you to learn that when the HIV Testing Machine was brought to the US,

His reason was that the knowledge of being positive kills faster than the virus itself!

I no blame am my people!
cheesy T-R-U-E grin
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by julianH(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2009
abi?
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by Ben13: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
Because sometimes Laboratories in Naija can lie and put you in trouble.

Even when you're suppose to be tested negative, you might be told you're positive.

We better don't do it, and live our lives in, with and for peace.
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by dove24u(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
julian_H:

I no blame am my people!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by whiteroses(f): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2009
what age should people go i'm 20 going 21 soon i thot only sluts or anyonre feeling sick would feel the need to check i'd feel wierd getting and and start planning to take a test especially when i trust myself and dey kanpe lol
Re: Why Are People Scared To Check Their Hiv Status: by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
oBBOR:

as for me i feel i see it as an avenue
to combat it from the root,
hearth aching when you see what youths have gone into
Have you checked your own

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Hair Grow? / 11 Proven Health Benefits Of Garlic / Some Interesting Facts About Your Faeces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.