Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191205 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
stevejireh01:
nice one there, Pls always endeavour to keep the group alive and updated.
For sure! The aim is to get more people involve with the right information and approach that's cost effective with outstanding results.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by dapsonlou(m): 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Shemkaz09:

are u for real? Datz #100 per DOC. is there hatchery at abule Egba?

Sorry bro it's not in Ebule Egba it's Oke aro. My Secretary's father is the one who told me he paid 5000 for chicken. If u want to buy let Me know , will send you his number offline
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=Vicolan post=50102641][/quote]11000 for 51 chicks, excluding transportation.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
Yes sir!
stevejireh01:
nice one there, Pls always endeavour to keep the group alive and updated.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by ELDORADO70: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
First if i may ask how old are? Every antibiotics should be used according to their age; u might have more mortality if proper care is not taken. Antibiotics has stages in every chicken and how it's used.
undecided

Eldorado Farm
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Shemkaz09: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
shakyriri:

What is the ideal temp , d brooding house shld b please?

36•C-30•......try maintain at least 35 for the 1st week and maybe dropping it gradually as dey are growing.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by XfStyle: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
Kudos @op
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
ELDORADO70:
First if i may ask how old are? Every antibiotics should be used according to their age; u might have more mortality if proper care is not taken. Antibiotics has stages in every chicken and how it's used.
undecided

Eldorado Farm
there's nothing impossible, and like the OP has rightly highlighted on the topic, it's a project. projects can give you either positive or negative result, his main aim is to work against the norm, he's raising those birds organically different from what we used to know, it's the output of the result that would necessitate his next point of action or not.

5 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
32-33°C is the ideal temperature fo chickens. 33-35°c is the ideal temperature for turkeys.
Shemkaz09:

36•C-30•......try maintain at least 35 for the 1st week and maybe dropping it gradually as dey are growing.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Adeosho(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
In my extreme quest for organic revolution in Nigeria. I will be doing a powerful project on broilers. My aim is to :

1. Reduce the reliance on costly chicken vaccination by fortifying my broilers with powerful cheap naturally occurring herbs from nature.
2. Enhance feed conversion ratio using fermented conventional feeds to grow super size broilers within 3 months that will out perform conventional Farmer's result. Note: This revolution won't be total, but should prove a better cheap option to overtly reliance on drugs to produce broilers.

So far I ordered 50 broilers from Chi Farm and got delivery yesterday. At 220 per chicks. My investment begins with 11800 Naira. 800 for transportation.

I bought one bag of top feed broiler starter at 3210 Naira. 500 Naira for transportations.

I will be using lacto bascillus and Garlic extract. They both cost 4000. 2000 each per liter.

I have 51 birds... No mortality after the second day. I am serving chicks with fermented feed of lactos bascillus and Garlic extract in water through out.

In four days I will be introducing bamboo shoots to handle coccidiosis

So as usual I will be keeping my costs very low.

Edited.
NB: Marek's vaccination was given as a standard at
the Hatchery. Apart from this nothing else will be given... You can follow me on the journey and watch how I depart from the norms with astonishing results

From your pic, Seems you will need to increase heat cos the birds are packed too closely.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by tsmat(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
organicfoods:
Since I retired the lantern, surprisingly the chicks continues to grow stronger everyday without heat.

I got one weighting 113g already, his colleague looking up to see if he can have a go on my weighing machine too lol. Chicken are pretty intelligent.

Guess what got them very active. ..some worms from my vermiculture worked them real hard.

Now I introduced ginger garlic plus farmers fertilizer (sea weeds)

this is beautiful bro..... plllzzzz i need help in this farming..... i tried simetimes agi and i was discouraged and now i want to give it a try
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by ELDORADO70: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
stevejireh01:
there's nothing impossible, and like the OP has rightly highlighted on the topic, it's a project. projects can give you either positive or negative result, his main aim is to work against the norm, he's raising those birds organically different from what we used to know, it's the output of the result that would necessitate his next point of action or not.

There was a place he requested for best antibiotics after noticing blood in their poo. That's what I'm responding to.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Shemkaz09: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
32-33°C is the ideal temperature fo chickens. 33-35°c is the ideal temperature for turkeys.

Am not disputing that sir Buh Datz the temperature we use in brooding our cockerel and Turkey. maybe it's bcuz of the turkey dat my master said we should use Dat figure.

Tanx
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
Shemkaz09:

I notice such scene in my just concluded IT Inna farm @Ogun state,and what we give dem is DOXINEO. within some minutes dey will be active again. Hit me back if it works for you

NB: Doxineo is an antibiotics

I didn't give them anything, but they are active now. I just made sure to give them plenty water. I guess the dose was too much like someone earlier said. They are make to their voracious eating habits.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
Remember to like our page www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet

Hey, thanks for the earlier tips. I actually found the blood popping culprit. lol! I have quarantined it, along with two others that look sick.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
Most likely. Tell him you need to seperate the chickens from the turkeys at 4weeks.
Shemkaz09:

Am not disputing that sir Buh Datz the temperature we use in brooding our cockerel and Turkey. maybe it's bcuz of the turkey dat my master said we should use Dat figure.

Tanx
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Good job sir! Kindly keep us posted.
kayo80:

Hey, thanks for the earlier tips. I actually found the blood popping culprit. lol! I have quarantined it, along with two others that look sick.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
ELDORADO70:

There was a place he requested for best antibiotics after noticing blood in their poo. That's what I'm responding to.
Oh yea, sorry about my response, maybe it was because u didn't quote the post where he made mention of it. Pls sorry once again. we are all here to share knowledge. thanks

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreatManBee: 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
giftiy:
Don't for get to use bitter leaves squeezeed water from time to time.its d best organic broadspectrum antibiotics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreatManBee: 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
dapsonlou:
220 per chicken is too costly. There is a company in Ebule Egba selling 50 children for 5000naira.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreatManBee: 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
You birds are suffering from coccidiosis no doubt. What medication have you been giving and what's their litter like? First thing you donwhen you notice sick birds is to isolate them! That way you can control the outbreak..Hit me back.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreatManBee: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Turks:
Wow..Chickens need not be neglected no matter what, they need the utmost care else na the owner go still suffer am.

*You need to observe the birds for at least an hour. Trust me, you'll find the blood pooping culprit and once you do, is late it and treat alone.

*Get Kepcox, Vazuril or any other Toltrazuril based drug. Vitacox is the best of them all as it's a vitamin based cocci drug. It contains Vitamins K, A and E that helps with the intestinal healing as well as general healing of the affected bird. Try the best you can to get it.

*Always make sure by all means necessary that you have loose and dry litter cos if you dont, you'd be the one paying for it either with mortality or with drugs at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreatManBee: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
stevejireh01:
please, as they grow, always endeavour to be suspending both their drinker and feeding trough from the ground to avoid pass out their stools into both the feed and the water, remember, your aim is to avoid some diseases, you could place the water on a wood or piece of block which is still at their eye level. thanks
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by GreatManBee: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
Shemkaz09:

I notice such scene in my just concluded IT Inna farm @Ogun state,and what we give dem is DOXINEO. within some minutes dey will be active again. Hit me back if it works for you

NB: Doxineo is an antibiotics
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
Adeosho:

From your pic, Seems you will need to increase heat cos the birds are packed too closely.
They will be getting a new home soon.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 11:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
Average weight stands at 230g, Lowest weight 158g and highest weight 285g after 12 days without synthetic vitamins, drugs and vaccines apart from Marek's vaccination from the hatchery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by topekole(f): 2:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Nice work following
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by mecuzee(m): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2016
Imoala:
You people talking about lantern, do u know that the ginger garlic extract he is using substitute for that? People in the polar regions use ginger in fighting cold related sickness, I personally have used ginger in curing pneumonia, bro ride on

That's curative medicine not preventive. Not ideal!
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Imoala: 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=mecuzee post=50131580]

That's curative medicine not preventive. Not ideal! [/quote

Are u saying curative medicine can't also prevent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by charlly2016(m): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
CHARLLYCHIM VENTURES are professional business plan developers and we have developed a Bankable Business Plan to help many agroprenuers get funds from investors.
Writing professional business plan can be very technical and also requires a lot of research. We have done the dirty work for you to save your time, energy and money.

• Business plan on small scale garri production N5,000
• Manual on establishment of Catfish farm = N5,000
• Business plan on production of cassava starch N10,000
• Developing entrepreneurial mindset N1,000

Call: 08080336220, Whatsapp: 08060190724
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by mecuzee(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=Imoala post=50138964][/quote]

Am saying is ideal to remove the source of infection than trying to cure the effect. Preventive management is the bedrock of biosecurity!

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
dapsonlou:
220 per chicken is too costly. There is a company in Ebule Egba selling 50 children for 5000naira.
It's possible, but do you know why Ibadan is home to livestock like DOC in West Africa ...they have the best breeders farm in Africa. What's is the background of the breeders farm you are buying chicks from? Hatchery in Oyo state has maintain a well known reputation for excellent DOC because of how they manage their parent stock.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.