Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191196 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
Broad chest and lovely body pigment...all 49 birds in excellent health after 14 days.

Average weight after 14 days = 320g
Lowest weight = 219g
Highest weight = 401g
Total weight of 49 birds = 15698g

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Toks07:
Well done big bros. So proud of you.
Thanks dear!

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by RoyalMail: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
organicfoods:
Thanks dear!

Hello Bros, Pls how can I consult you for an advice for my upcoming farm.. I intend going organic but I am just confused as I am reading many contradicting articles and claims... Pls how can I reach you and how can you be of help..

Days of humble beginning..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2016
RoyalMail:

Hello Bros, Pls how can I consult you for an advice for my upcoming farm.. I intend going organic but I am just confused as I am reading many contradicting articles and claims... Pls how can I reach you and how can you be of help..

Thanks
You can reach me on whatsapp 08034342637

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Jofez: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2016
RoyalMail:

Thanks
bro if its your first time don't go organic yet
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by lanre2009: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
Please can you kindly give reasons for this advice of yours? Thanks

Jofez:

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
Jofez:
Your points sir?
Meanwhile weight after 16 days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by RoyalMail: 6:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Jofez:

Hello bros, thanks for your in out, but can you pls explain more on this?

Thanks
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2016
Weight at 17 days. All birds appears to be on "weight gain steroids" without any synthetic drugs. Now they are on combo cocktails of organic nutrients and antibiotics. Who is afraid of organic poultry production?

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by olukemiyemi: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2016
organicfoods:
There is a long way to go, because a lot of synthetic materials associated with commercial poultry management that is detrimental to human health...we will seek to replace them with effective natural herbs. From housing to feeds, drugs to vaccines, nutrients to vitamins...a lot are being used presently. The journey first is to deal with vaccines and drugs, then feeds, vitamin and nutrients. My experience so far tells me there's more to nature that can be unearth with super results that will put drugs and other synthetic enhancer to shame...luckily I have a firm foundation that can go all the way to attain success. For Africa, we must earnestly look for cheap alternative to poultry production that reduce our protein short fall and improves quality of lives. My dreams are huge, I really want to see a lot of people prosper in agriculture.
@Organicfoods: I really commend you for your contributions here on Nairaland. We really under estimate how inputs in raising or growing food affects our health and the environment. Your approach is commendable because its gone from just saying some things are bad to showing us what the better options are. Please keep up the good work believing the reward isn't just for you but for Nigeria. God bless you richly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by olukemiyemi: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2016
Its really exciting to see. Well done!
organicfoods:
Weight at 19 days. All birds appears to be on "weight gain steroids" without any synthetic drugs. Now they are on combo cocktails of organic nutrients and antibiotics. Who is afraid of organic poultry production?

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Isonguyo1: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
welldone bros. I think you document this for the benefits of other farmers who does not know how to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
Isonguyo1:
welldone bros. I think you document this for the benefits of other farmers who does not know how to go about it.
Yes this project is for the small scale farmers to grow their own broilers with cheaper alternatives that works. Several other things involved like control of liter borne diseases using microbes and water purification are been documented for the ordinary farmer to be able to do their own production successfully trust me. shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by seguno2: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
organicfoods:
Yes this project is for the small scale farmers to grow their own broilers with cheaper alternatives that works. Several other things involved like control of liter borne diseases using microbes and water purification are been documented for the ordinary farmer to be able to do their own production successfully trust me. shocked

Observation and documentation are the keys to successful experimentation that leads to continuous improvement, progress and improvement in human development.
Thanks, bro and keep up the good work. Please continue sharing to inspire others to do likewise.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
organicfoods:
Weight at 17 days. All birds appears to be on "weight gain steroids" without any synthetic drugs. Now they are on combo cocktails of organic nutrients and antibiotics. Who is afraid of organic poultry production?
wow! this is unbelievable, you are making me to feel uncomfortable with my present state, I need to jump into this ASAP. nice job
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
organicfoods:
wow! I would appreciate If you can throw more light on the this particular aspect you are talking about. thanks
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Yitzchaq(m): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hi guys. I've been following this thread & I have Whatsapp group for poultry farmers. Buzz me on Whatsapp to get added. The group is just help ourselves tackle the world of poultry farming.
08137932570. We would all learn better on the group.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by markemmi(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
I have organic fertilizers in commercial quantity reach me at markemmi@yahoo.com

organicfoods:
For their water.I make sure I use 50ml of Tagiri. 10ml of Farmer's fertilizer concoction mixed with fish extract from lacto bacillus (farmer's fertilizer is very rich in seaweeds and other growth promoting hormones), 10ml of ginger garlic extract and 10ml of lacto bacillus.

My biosecurity is bullet proof . No heat No Wahala
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Originalsly: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Following.... is it 1 mortality only? .... and how do you keep track of the chicks?...do you tape a number to their legs?...don't even try telling me you know each by face!.. whatever method... I want you to note and note well... Chicken #1 and Chicken #2 MUST be sold to me!..EOD.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Originalsly:
Following.... is it 1 mortality only? .... and how do you keep track of the chicks?...do you tape a number to their legs?...don't even try telling me you know each by face!.. whatever method... I want you to note and note well... Chicken #1 and Chicken #2 MUST be sold to me!..EOD.
No I do not mark them individually. I have only two mortality, I was supplied 51 chicks when I bought 50. I weight them regularly and keep tab on average weight. So to buy #1 and #2 na church mind we go deploy! lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Kinday let them know the source if your birds which is a great determinant as as regards the organic practice.

www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet
organicfoods:
No I do not mark them individually. I have only two mortality, I was supplied 51 chicks when I bought 50. I weight them regularly and keep tab on average weight. So to buy #1 and #2 na church mind we go deploy! lol grin
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2016
Turks:
Kinday let them know the source if your birds which is a great determinant as as regards the organic practice.

www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet
Who am I to overlook my very reliable source www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet . To attain success in poultry, the source of the chicks are crucial, Turks was really excellent and reliable, I recommend you contact him if you intend to buy your chicks, very reliable...bro be prepared ooo I am in a discussion with some folks planning to invest big time on this project already and we will be sourcing from you. www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet all the way.

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2016
Thanks a lot boss. We wI'll try our possible best to continue to deliver top notch and 100% quality day old chicks smiley

organicfoods:
Who am I to overlook my very reliable source www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet . To attain success in poultry, the source of the chicks are crucial, Turks was really excellent and reliable, I recommend you contact him if you intend to buy your chicks, very reliable...bro be prepared ooo I am in a discussion with some folks planning to invest big time on this project already and we will be sourcing from you. www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet all the way.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by seguno2: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2016
organicfoods:

I am very happy for you that big time investors are keen to move your project to the next level.
There should be so much opportunity to market organic food in our supermarkets and export.
It is however a pity that the law & order environment has worsened since Buhari became president with his dictatorial disposition. This could impact the capability to create, comply with and enforce commercial agreements as necessary.
Best of luck, bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Originalsly: 11:46am On Oct 19, 2016
organicfoods:
Lol..ok. ...was wondering...be seeing #1 ...250g #2 ...246 g etc thought was daily monitoring the weight of individual chicks! ....and ok..was 51 chicks!....I thought was 50...was almost sure you had 2 deaths but kept seeing the weights of 49 chicks! That's like 95%survival rate at this stage... anyone any idea what's roughly the average survival rate at this stage?...95 seems damn high to me...Organicfoods is working..... overtime!

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Weight after 18 days, having consumed 2 bags of broilers starter.
Highest weight = 609g
Lowest weight = 348g
Average weight = 486
Total live weight = 23799g
Total No of Birds = 49

Edited:
Feed Conversion Ratio = Total weight of feed consumed/Total weight of Birds
FCR = 50000g(Two bags of Broiler starter consumed)/23799g(Total live weight gained by chicken) = 2.1
FCR = 2.1
Average FCR for Broilers = 1.8 - 2.2

We are within acceptable standard so far.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 21, 2016
Pls how do you culture lactobacillus?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:35am On Oct 21, 2016
670g this morning. This guy turned his face away from the camera, obviously ashamed of his own weight.

8 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:43am On Oct 21, 2016
Meanwhile, one is crumbling under it's own weight. Time to add calcium phosphate supplement into their water.

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by alakara(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2016
organicfoods:
Meanwhile, one is crumbling under it's own weight. Time to add calcium phosphate supplement into their water.

Sir, but Calcium phosphate supplement is inorganic.
Or is it organic.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
Keep up the good work organicfoods, I'm going inorganic for my first time. Maybe when I've gotten some experience I can start looking into this area. And thanks for recommending Turks too, lol

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by iamkingzlee(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
I want to eat grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.