Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard (46167 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria :Sultan Joins Debate - Vanguard Photo / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution? / Edo 2016: How Ize-iyamu Shone At Debate-Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
Deepfreezer:
mmechie gi onu. Shut up you agent of evil politician's

you are the agent of evil politicians...
Tell me apart from d three flyovers,which other roads that Obiano have started and completed in Anambra....Tell me which project...
you guys keep deceiving yourselves online..,thinking everybody is like you..
Go to Nnewi and see d roads there ...even in ifite awka...minus d road constructed by obi,which road or project did he institute....
Go to Enugu and see what that guy is turning Nsukka to.,Enugu state govt has started d rehabilitation enugu portion of onitsha-enugu road both new and old road...
meanwhile Obiano is busy running from one point to another just to complete d omunya,oyi axis that is not up to 3km.....peter obi constructed that road from head bridge to ogbunike ...while is Obiano jumping around for common 3km road.....you guys should stop deceiving yourselves.., because d real voters are not even online to always see the trash you people propagate....they judge from what is on ground....

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nature129:

After seeing that video my respect for Peter Obi snowballed. That speech was inspiring to say the least.
The part that touched me the most was when he said that if he leaves a hotel room of 30k per night to sleep in one of 250k per night he would lose sleep because he would feel he had been robbed.
Frankly speaking, this is something I can relate to.
Why can't Nigeria have more governors like that.

Not to sound elitist, but sometimes I think it's their backgrounds. People who have never seen money before, somehow by hook or crook get into politics and become important. It's like how poor people get fat once they become rich. They've never seen food before, so once they do...... Game over.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by uzchos: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Truly, Peter Obi is the type of Governor that should be at government house. Nigeria will be attractive business-wise if such character is at local government, state and federal.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by nonsobaba: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
omoyowa:

you are the agent of evil politicians...
Tell me apart from d three flyovers,which other roads that Obiano have started and completed in Anambra....Tell me which project...
you guys keep deceiving yourselves online..,thinking everybody is like you..
Go to Nnewi and see d roads there ...even in ifite awka...minus d road constructed by obi,which road or project did he institute....
Go to Enugu and see what that guy is turning Nsukka to.,Enugu state govt has started d rehabilitation enugu portion of onitsha-enugu road both new and old road...
meanwhile Obiano is busy running from one point to another just to complete d omunya,oyi axis that is not up to 3km.....peter obi constructed that road from head bridge to ogbunike ...while is Obiano jumping around for common 3km road.....you guys should stop deceiving yourselves.., because d real voters are not even online to always see the trash you people propagate....they judge from what is on ground....
So u believe that voters are not online and u took ur time to type this long piece of trash. For what purpose? How do u feel by lying to urself?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by GODISGREAT123: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

You can only bamboozle those that don't know what is happening. I don't hate Obiano, I am just stating facts. All the Obiano projects you are talking about only indebted Anambra further. Why? Obviously because he has already squandered and mismanaged what Okwute left behind.

http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/-Obiano-punishing-citizens-that-gave-him-mandate-/

If not, please tell me why he went ahead to borrow 10-billion to complete projects? How much will Obiano leave for his own successor? Have you asked yourself that? How much debt has he added to the debt profile of the state? These are the issues, not online propaganda.

The more reason why you should gather people of like you and woo Peter Obi to become Governor of Abia State.
He has served his maximum term in Anambra State. Got that.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Opharhe: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
LastProphet:

i think u totally correct, he appears to top all the fine qualities of Duke with his strong grassroots grip and shrewd business approach. he will make ibos proud. i will vote him any day because he has a new message
Yeah. Another thing is Donald Duke is just too quiet right now. He appears to me as one who has decided to just chill and enjoy his private life... Dimeji Bankole is another person I used to have a soft spot for. I am still looking for a core Northerner with the political qualities of Amino Kano (God bless his soul). We need these guys in the system to effectively slug it out with and displace the old, corrupt and lazy stock up there, they cut across every corner of this country - North, West, East and South, they just have to come out.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Opharhe: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
LastProphet:

i think u totally correct, he appears to top all the fine qualities of Duke with his strong grassroots grip and shrewd business approach. he will make ibos proud. i will vote him any day because he has a new message
Yeah. Another thing is Donald Duke is just too quiet right now. He appears to me as one who has decided to just chill and enjoy his private life... Dimeji Bankole is another person I used to have a soft spot for. I am still looking for a core Northerner with the political qualities of Amino Kano (God bless his soul). We need these guys in the system to effectively slug it out with and displace the old, corrupt and lazy stock up there, they cut across every corner of this country - North, West, East and South, they just have to come out.

Happy Sunday bro.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by madjune(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nothing he said is new.

When a country produces little and export nothing, it's currency will always be weak.

Got nothing to do with faith. It's reality.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by sweetilicious(f): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nature129:

After seeing that video my respect for Peter Obi snowballed. That speech was inspiring to say the least.
The part that touched me the most was when he said that if he leaves a hotel room of 30k per night to sleep in one of 250k per night he would lose sleep because he would feel he had been robbed.
Frankly speaking, this is something I can relate to.
I tell you. Being frugal does not mean you are cheap it means being economical and avoiding waste.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by bezimo(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
I am not igbo, but wish this man would run for president this is the kind of leader Nigeria desperately needs not the "lunatics" we have and have had but off course religious and ethnic sentiments wont want this to happen so Nigeria continues in the mediocracy system.

His words reflected what is needed to turn the fortunes of Nigeria around.
This man thinks!!! That is what an effective leader must have, ability to think and make decisions in the interests of the people.

I remember a prophet once said the coming leader that would turn the fortunes of Nigeria would be from the east.Just wondering if it could be Peter Obi or someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by billbonesmd(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
Is it safe to say we need to promote this man, or many in his likes.. Fashola, shehu sani, and co. We urgently need to take back power from these old Dullards!

Nigeria is my home, I have no other!

Reclaim naija!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ogashman(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
I'm happy that in whatever we do, we always outperform the rest.is it business,education, sports, name it.we jus everywhere.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
nonsobaba:
So u believe that voters are not online and u took ur time to type this long piece of trash. For what purpose? How do u feel by lying to urself?

Get lost...Onitsha,Nnewi,awka traders will leave their businesses to read this ur trash and propagandas you posts online
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
nonsobaba:

Get lost...Onitsha,Nnewi,awka traders will leave their businesses to read this ur trash and propagandas you posts online..

keep deceiving itself....
I will advice you not to come to Onitsha,Nnewi and awka metropolis and shout" WILLE IS WORKING"" I promise you that you go home disfigured

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by slysteel: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
raker300:
the 3 flyovers in awka cost more than 75 billion. We've not added the Completrd Onitsha mall and the ongoing awka and nnnewi malls with the massive road projects in anambra.

I love Peter Obi but Obiano is 2x better than him
what are you smoking? even lagos built their last flyover they did with just 1.5 b at ozumba mbadiwe,how can you say that the earth mound in awka cost more than 75b,you kids of nowadays don't think before talking.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
nonsobaba:

Get lost...Onitsha,Nnewi,awka traders will leave their businesses to read this ur trash and propagandas you posts online..

keep deceiving urself....
I will advice you not to come to Onitsha,Nnewi and awka metropolis and shout" WILLE IS WORKING"" I promise you that you may go home disfigured

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Chukazu: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
am not surprised, but rather I think some of us that have believed and spoken in glowing terms of the forthrightness of Peter Obi deserve some parting on the back... and for those who always insult me each time I mentioned Peter Obi's name, hope am vindicated?

now most importantly, the morals of this once-in-a-lifetime thesis..HOW MANY OF OUR LEADERS, governors in particular can give account of their STEWARDSHIP likewise? anyone who can't, is a THIEF!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by nonsobaba: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
The same fraudster who defrauded Nigeria of tax revenue for 8 years has suddenly become motivational speaker! SMH icirnigeria.org/firs-seals-peter-obis-company-tax-debt/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by nonsobaba: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
omoyowa:

keep deceiving urself....
I will advice you not to come to Onitsha,Nnewi and awka metropolis and shout" WILLE IS WORKING"" I promise you that you may go home disfigured
Imaginations of a madman. Obiano is working and is clear for all to see. Why would anyone then go on the streets and start shouting? Do u see how ur reasoning is psycho? Peter Obi went to Lagos to give useless speech. What happened to anambra? How many speeches has he given in Anambra state? All his talk was self praise but when he was governor Anambra state university students where paying the highest school fees charged by any state owned university in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by LastProphet: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
Opharhe:

Happy Sunday bro.

you too my bro, thanks for meaningful talk
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by nonsobaba: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
The FIRS recently sealed his companies for evading tax for 8 years. Speech giver!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Opharhe: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
LastProphet:

you too my bro, thanks for meaningful talk
The pleasure is all mine.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Chukazu: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Johnpaul09:
Whatever good he may seem to paint his face in the public, let him, St. Peter Obi allow peace to reign in Anambra Central Senatorial Zone. He is the major reason why we don't have a senator now. Three months after he left office under APGA, he started campaigning against the party that made him relevant in the corridors of power in favour of the PDP, meanwhile, he told us not to have anything to do with the PDP when he was the governor under APGA. How can we trust such a man?
We Ndi Anambra Central are saying "NO" to a man helped to build a house, made use of the house, left in peace and swore that the same house should be destroyed and that nobody else can be comfortable in the same house.

APGA didn't make Obi relevant, Obi made APGA relevant!
Peter Obi could have won election on any other political platform, ;had he decamped from the party, APGA would have been dead as a party

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
nonsobaba:
Imaginations of a madman. Obiano is working and is clear for all to see. Why would anyone then go on the streets and start shouting? Do u see how ur reasoning is psycho? Peter Obi went to Lagos to give useless speech. What happened to anambra? How many speeches has he given in Anambra state? All his talk was self praise but when he was governor Anambra state university students where paying the highest school fees charged by any state owned university in Nigeria.

I dont want to be banned....
just go with ur believe
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ephi123(f): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
malele:
Nigerians will never vote such a man for president.
It's only people without sense we vote in

cheesy
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by shuggah(m): 2:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
Peter was good... obiano who was nominated by Peter is doing better... Afonjas should leave anambra alone.. NAwa o

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Horlufemi(m): 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
Peter Obi 2019 via APC
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
Deepfreezer:
mmechie gi onu. Shut up you agent of evil politician's

U dey mind am. I know he prefers anambra of those days that kidnappers and armed robbers used to operate freely in the state. And I bet u stays or even come from anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
omoyowa:

keep deceiving itself....
I will advice you not to come to Onitsha,Nnewi and awka metropolis and shout" WILLE IS WORKING"" I promise you that you go home disfigured

Oga better say what u know. Anambra state is in full support of the Governor. We Anambra people are happy with him. And we support his initiative.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
Chukazu:

APGA didn't make Obi relevant, Obi made APGA relevant!
Peter Obi could have won election on any other political platform, ;had he decamped from the party, APGA would have been dead as a party

Wow there again u got it wrong lol. APGA made peter Obi relevant what happened when I tried to take over the leadership of apga from victor Umeh didn't he fail woefully ApGA is grounded in Anambra we believe in it.
Peter Obi is a great leader and so is obiano stop contrasting both. Mind u nobody is great than any political party.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
shuggah:
Peter was good... obiano who was nominated by Peter is doing better... Afonjas should leave anambra alone.. NAwa o

You dey mind them Edo election don finish they have moved over to anambra lol. They were here forming and giving themselves poll results ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ephi123(f): 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Opharhe:

Happy Sunday bro.

Dimeji Bankole let down a lot of people's expectations, he was involved in a financial scandal during his time as the Speaker of the house. Poor leadership in Nigeria does not seem to be limited to only the older people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Things Nigerians No Longer Talk About / Nasiru Abdullahi 'Chile Maidoki' Joins Kano Police / Dino Malaye Poses With His Benz And Puppies (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.