Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard (46160 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria :Sultan Joins Debate - Vanguard Photo / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution? / Edo 2016: How Ize-iyamu Shone At Debate-Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by emmylight4u: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2016
If Wht Peter Obi said were all true and Wht to go by Buhari should call him with immediate effect to be part of him team.. ......

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Gentlesoul96(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2016
I watched the program yesterday....
I wonder y we don't make this man to b our president then instead of Goodluck. He actually know more about our to cut waste

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Babysheart(f): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

Look here, I don't hate Obiano. I am just stating the facts. Peter Obi is the reason why Obiano had so much money to play around with and everybody is thinking he is a miracle-worker, nwanne you and I know that is the truth. As for my state, OVI would have done even more better than Obiano if he had that kind of money left for him by his predecessor. But even with that, Abia is getting better, and you know it.

Which Abia is getting better? You people should just start telling yourselves the truth if you want things to really change.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by uzoexcel(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2016
Tell them bro.....I just wanted to ask the obi and obiano e-wArriors one question... 'is it not possible to like both obi and Obiiano at the same time?'
Olaposiwaju:

You don't need to tear down Peter Obi's achievements in order to praise Obiano. The important thing is that Anambra is moving forward at a very fast rate. You cannot condemn the substructure (foundation) of a building only to start saying the superstructure is excellent. Did you watch or listen to the speech at all? He mentioned four key areas of his administrations achievements, savings through cutting of cost, education, MDGs and creating access (road). He also came with a lot of facts and figures making it easy to verify or debunk. While he is not a perfect human being like you and I, if what he said is true, then my respect and regard for him sky rocketed after watching the speech. Lets not loose the objective of it all, cost of governance was and he reduced it, not diverting the money but saving it for another who you do not know what he intends to use the money for.

Lastly, I lived in Akwa Ibom for 5 years and the best part of my trip through the south east was always when we journeyed through Anambra because of the good roads (and this was mostly during Peter Obi's tenure). Once we leave Anambra, na full body massage till I reach Akwa Ibom.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Mopolchi: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2016
[s]
globe16:
Talk is cheap, peter obi performed woefully as governor, Governors like Akpabio, Chime and even obiano who were spendthrifts according to obi performed or are performing far better than him.. Obi should spare us his sermons after enriching himself with Anambra money and building houses and malls all over Nigeria
[/s]

Obiano is profligate and a debauchee.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Opharhe: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2016
LastProphet:

if the south south had brought som1 like duke instead of GEJ there is no way buhari would have been president today
You think so? Lol. But you should know that not all Nigerians think the way you do. But we agree on one thing though. Donald Duke is a very refined man fit to be President and ha has his track records too. There are some others too and right now if I have to make a pick between him and Peter, I think I'll go with Peter because Peter is a more dogged(Check his legal battles, the way he was able to prevent the proposed destruction of the Onitsha drug market by the Yar'adua administration etc), his people call him 'Okwute' (stone), more exposed (arguably), has been able to manage quite a difficult state and performed quite well. He also has a comparatively strong natural support base among the Igbo Elite and masses alike. To cap it up, it'll adequately satisfy the issue of the "Igbo Presidency" among our eastern country men. If at all we should have an Igbo President, he must be tested and trusted.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by o42austino(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2016
I keep on saying it sir, your an Economic Guru, I was a witness to it all, I witnessed how you abandoned the official government SUV and use your private 406 as official cars, I Remembered that you did not Harass us with your security as anyone could walk in and out of government house, I witnessed how you reduce your entourage to few cars that one can't even know that a governor is passing. Your the most hated governor by civil servants and politicians in Anambra history because you hate spending money anyhow, they called you Aka gum(gummy hand) because you refused to spend unwisely.

I remembered how they jubilated that you have been impeach so that the wastage will return but, the court brought you back to continue the good work you have been doing.

Your a blessing to Ndi Anambra and God will bless your family in return.

I was a witness to all I have said, I was staying at government house as a student so I know the man Obi and his way of life very simple and hate wastage, when her daughter got admission and the wife bought her a car, Mr. Obi confiscated the car and told her that she could only drive when she is working and the car must come from her pocket.

19 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Johnpaul09(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2016
Whatever good he may seem to paint his face in the public, let him, St. Peter Obi allow peace to reign in Anambra Central Senatorial Zone. He is the major reason why we don't have a senator now. Three months after he left office under APGA, he started campaigning against the party that made him relevant in the corridors of power in favour of the PDP, meanwhile, he told us not to have anything to do with the PDP when he was the governor under APGA. How can we trust such a man?
We Ndi Anambra Central are saying "NO" to a man helped to build a house, made use of the house, left in peace and swore that the same house should be destroyed and that nobody else can be comfortable in the same house.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by FKO81(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

When did you start talking like this?
Sorry bro, his last posts really pissed me off, I have edited the posts
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2016
Call07034780891:
Yes, we like being scammed! Do you have any problem with that?

I am from Anambra state.... d truth is that obiano is a complete scam.....but we will show him d way out by 2019....DAT guy is doing nothing in Anambra state....every body in Onitsha,Nnewi and awka knows it...it is just d few online criminals DAT supports his incompetence.... Obiano should know that Anambra is not any how state,that you can just come in and play propaganda....we have grown above that,,,,by next year,when campaign starts, that is when Obiano will know that anambarians are wiser than him.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by perfectwazobia1: 10:57am On Oct 02, 2016
I watched the 46min video on Youtube ,this man is awesome I WILL LIKE TO BE A DISCIPLE UNDER HIS TUTORLAGE ... 50 of Peter Obi in government in Nigeria for 30years I can be sure Singapore will be learning . God bless you sir.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by FKO81(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Wish you luck.

With all your education, and awareness why would you allow your governor to scam you by building those shanty walkways at over 75 billion?
How many did your lackadaisical leaders built, they placed more priority on mass wedding anu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by pressplay411(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2016
EternalTruths:

Edit your comments before we classify you as a traitor who helps Afonjas to divide the Igbo people.

You're the traitor. You view yourselves Igbo first b4 Nigerian which is wrong.
We're humans first, then Africans, then Nigerians, then whatever tribe you are... in that order.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by chibuzorAbia: 11:13am On Oct 02, 2016
pressplay411:

We're humans first, then Africans, then Nigerians, then whatever tribe you are... in that order.

Go and and sit down. 57 years ago we were not Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Stallione(m): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2016
wheredemdey:

You are the true definition of Agafu.... Akalogeli....

See the way you are denigrating a fellow igbo state in public..... A man that kills his own brother is not a warrior.... Regardless of your stunted unregulated and I'll supervised upbringing.... Igbos are one and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Thank u my broda!!!
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by EternalTruths: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2016
pressplay411:

I don't want to be a Nigerian.

Can i and my people be allowed to take our Ancestral land home.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by arewafederation: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2016
FKO81:
[s]
How many did your lackadaisical leaders built, they placed more priority on mass wedding anu. [/s]

Abeg swerve make I see front.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by arewafederation: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2016
EternalTruths:

But there is no evidence that you guys have ancestral lands. You are known to be wanderers.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by EternalTruths: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2016
arewafederation:

But there is no evidence that you guys have ancestral lands. You are known to be wanderers.

Go back to school if you don't know your history
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by pressplay411(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2016
EternalTruths:

I pray you are. Good riddance.
You're industrious people but too smart for your own damn good.
Just keep marginalizing yourselves eventually you'll marginalize yourselves out of Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by EternalTruths: 11:54am On Oct 02, 2016
pressplay411:

I pray you are. Good riddance.
You're industrious people but too smart for your own damn good.
Just keep marginalizing yourselves eventually you'll marginalize yourselves out of Nigeria.

Keep your Nigeria while we go. Is that too much.?

Remain in Egypt while we go to the promise land.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by kedeojo(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2016
malele:

Burt GEJ left over 35billion dollars for buhari naa.
Even OBJ confirmed it
you are looking at that amount has a big one, when china has 500 billion dollar has reserve. Obj and Yaradua in between them left 65 billion dollars and this happen when oil was selling around 70 dollar per barrel. With his time when oil went so high, he could have increase it to over 100 billion dollars. Pmb can not spend the 35 billion dollars anyhow knowing fully dat oil price has droped so low globally to around 40 dollar per barrel now and if he does dat in nearest moment Nigeria will be so broke dat we can even pay salary in all the three tier of government cos oil majorly account for our revenue generation. That is why the president is making all effort to diversifying the economy. Its could have been easy for Gej to do then when oil was selling so high as 140 dollars per barrel and all his budget benchmark was not more than 80 dollar per barrel. Take a look at UAE now cos the leaders knew dat there will be a time like dis and so they diversified their economy to commerce and tourism. They don't even feel the impact of oli drop know cos they make very huge money from this sectors. our area of strenght lies on agriculture and solid minerals, and that is why the government is doing all he can to achieve it and it does comes easy. 20 yrs ago, how many people visit dubia, even when they are oil rich region.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Deepfreezer(m): 11:59am On Oct 02, 2016
nzeobi:

Peter that told Obasanjo that if he visits anambra that he won't sleep over so that the government won't spend.
hahhahaa. Yeahh that's true.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Deepfreezer(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
omoyowa:

I am from Anambra state.... d truth is that obiano is a complete scam.....but we will show him d way out by 2019....DAT guy is doing nothing in Anambra state....every body in Onitsha,Nnewi and awka knows it...it is just d few online criminals DAT supports his incompetence.... Obiano should know that Anambra is not any how state,that you can just come in and play propaganda....we have grown above that,,,,by next year,when campaign starts, that is when Obiano will know that anambarians are wiser than him.
mmechie gi onu. Shut up you agent of evil politician's

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by LastProphet: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
Opharhe:
You think so? Lol. But you should know that not all Nigerians think the way you do. But we agree on one thing though. Donald Duke is a very refined man fit to be President and ha has his track records too. There are some others too and right now if I have to make a pick between him and Peter, I think I'll go with Peter because Peter is a more dogged(Check his legal battles, the way he was able to prevent the proposed destruction of the Onitsha drug market by the Yar'adua administration etc), his people call him 'Okwute' (stone), more exposed (arguably), has been able to manage quite a difficult state and performed quite well. He also has a comparatively strong natural support base among the Igbo Elite and masses alike. To cap it up, it'll adequately satisfy the issue of the "Igbo Presidency" among our eastern country men. If at all we should have an Igbo President, he must be tested and trusted.

i think u totally correct, he appears to top all the fine qualities of Duke with his strong grassroots grip and shrewd business approach. he will make ibos proud. i will vote him any day because he has a new message

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by LastProphet: 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
o42austino:
I keep on saying it sir, your an Economic Guru, I was a witness to it all, I witnessed how you abandoned the official government SUV and use your private 406 as official cars, I Remembered that you did not Harass us with your security as anyone could walk in and out of government house, I witnessed how you reduce your entourage to few cars that one can't even know that a governor is passing. Your the most hated governor by civil servants and politicians in Anambra history because you hate spending money anyhow, they called you Aka gum(gummy hand) because you refused to spend unwisely.

I remembered how they jubilated that you have been impeach so that the wastage will return but, the court brought you back to continue the good work you have been doing.

Your a blessing to Ndi Anambra and God will bless your family in return.

I was a witness to all I have said, I was staying at government house as a student so I know the man Obi and his way of life very simple and hate wastage, when her daughter got admission and the wife bought her a car, Mr. Obi confiscated the car and told her that she could only drive when she is working and the car must come from her pocket.

wow, how some tribes will rather rally round looters instead of people like Obi beats my imagination

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Izonpikin: 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
malele:
Nigerians will never vote such a man for president.
It's only people without sense we vote in
exactly..

Just maybe only an ibo man can help this sinking nation.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by lyricalpontiff(m): 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
This is the wisest speech I have heard all year.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by stanislaus67(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
globe16:
Talk is cheap, peter obi performed woefully as governor, Governors like Akpabio, Chime and even obiano who were spendthrifts according to obi performed or are performing far better than him.. Obi should spare us his sermons after enriching himself with Anambra money and building houses and malls all over Nigeria
There is always a Judas in every 12.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by nonsobaba: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:
If not for this great man, Obiano would have been owing salaries like other governors. 75-billion is not a small money. I hope Obiano has not squandered the money. He should be kissing Obi's arse and thanking him.
Don't worry Obiano is not a homosexual. We know Peter Obi favourite part of his rumpus with his gay friends is his arse being kissed and fingered but Obiano is a decent family man with well endowed wife at his beck and call.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Goodnuel: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
globe16:
Whenever I hear the name "Chime", I'm filled with joy.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Develpeast: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
Call07034780891:
Why are you such an ugly b.astard? What's your business with Anambra? Why not take out time and ask for good governance in your Abia state? Stop messing up yourself over what you don't know. Kindly go and discuss TA Orji and Okezie..

[s][/s]

Mr man, your words are harsh, trim it down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Three Reasons Why NSA Sambo Dansuki Is Under Fire / Pres. Jonathan Rocks Suit & Hat To Jerusalem (photos) / Lady Loses Her Soldier Husband To Death, Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.