Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? (1216 Views)

Help! / Girls Will U Date A Sociopath That Looks Even Better Than U? / This Is What Happens When You Force A Man To Marry You. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by AjalaJ(m): 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
I have seen first hand EXACTLY what happens when a sociopath and a narcissist get married.

A true narcissist and a sociopath together are a ‘perfect storm’ of dysfunction !

It happened in my immediate family.

My uncle, an outright sociopath announced to the family back in 1972 that he was getting married, to a woman he’d known one week.

This woman turned out to be one of the most detached, self centred, narcissistic people you could ever meet and the two of them did indeed get married within 3 weeks of knowing one another. Within a short time it became one of the most volatile, dysfunctional (and eventually violent) relationships you could possibly imagine.

She was a semi-hippie who took selfishness and emotional detachment to unprecedented levels. He was a uniform police offer with a controlling personality, an uncontrollable temper and a penchant for pathological lying.

They were totally mismatched and totally addicted to one another. They thrived in the conflict that arose from their differences and had a Jekyll and Hyde relationship.

She would claim later that she was the victim of horrendous domestic abuse, and there definitely was abuse, but she also thrived in the ‘high’ of the conflict and would provoke him deliberately.

He, the sociopath, would rage - and throw tantrums to get his way. When confronted about getting caught lying he would project and throw a tantrum to try and stun her and others into not asking questions. He once held a shotgun to her head during an argument and within a day she was back to sitting on his knee offering him a cup of coffee. This was the socio-narc dance that they danced.

She, the narcissist, would quietly go about putting herself first, second, third and so on in an ever-so-entitled-condescending manner, which would fuel their arguments.

They then decided to bring two helpless children into the equation.

This is where the trauma and neglect and dysfunction between a sociopath and a narcissist truly came to its greatest emotional carnage.

My cousins were the most neglected, unloved children growing up in that toxic marriage that I have ever personally experienced.

The sociopath and the narcissist guide to raising their children;

put yourself, your needs, your desires and your agenda before the children every time, all the time

sleep in until 11am and let your 3 year old child get their own breakfast (dry cereal without milk)

when the children are old enough, get THEM to do all of the meal preparations
continue sleeping in while that 3 year old dresses herself …. without underwear, and takes herself to a deserted playground on a Sunday morning

dump your kids on anybody who will take them …. ANYBODY. This can be a mom and daughter you just met at the park … if they offer to babysit, accept ! A neighbour you hardly know …. to hell with it, anyone will do as long as the narcissist and sociopath get to pursue their own interests and somebody else looks after their kids.

dump your kids on your sister in law, tell her it’s for an overnight stay then don’t return to pick up your child until 4 days later. Without any explanation. Hell, if the sister in law is stupid enough to do it, let her!

allow your child’s nappy rash to get to third degree burn stage until a carer such as an aunt or grandmother took care of it

as your children get older, tell them “I love you, but I don’t like you”
go on spiritual holidays to an ashram in India whilst leaving your 12 & 10 year old children at home on a large country property to fend for themselves. Make sure you show them all your holiday photos of YOURSELF on holiday to them when you return (hopefully they’re still alive).

when your daughter hits the difficult teen years, banish her from your house at 15 and tell her that “delinquent children need to be cut”. Then pack her on a train to her 80 year old grandfather’s house and let him and your in-laws take over the responsibility.
The list of what went on with these two is a sad, long story of breathtaking selfishness and emotional misery for their invisible children.

Ultimately, the toxic mix of a Narc and a Socio together seemed to result in them becoming obsessed with each other, and almost forgetting that they even had children. The Socio ends up being quite ruthlessly cruel and malicious (ability to cut his own children from his life the moment they become difficult) and the Narcissist just doesn’t care because s/he is unaffected by the plight of her children.

They really do create the ultimate blended personality disorder of abuse and dysfunction together.

Needless to say, my uncle and aunty lasted about a decade together which ended in one of the most acrimonious, hateful divorces I have ever seen. The sociopath uncle had to cut his ex-wife as though she had never existed and then set about trying to destroy her in the usual malevolent sociopath manner when they have been left by their partner. He hasn’t spoken to his daughter for over 30 years because he cut her when she was 15 and she reminds him of his ex-wife.

The children from this screwed up mess are now in their 40s and have only just started coming to terms with why they felt so unloved and unwanted through their childhood and have done years of counselling.

Their narcissist mother (now a teen counsellor … Yes, a teen counsellor !) tells them she’s “sorry they feel that way about their childhood” …. she says she has no memory of these “stories about their childhood” and only remembers them having a “beautiful childhood”.

Their sociopath father hasn’t had anything to do with them since he targeted the wealthy only daughter of a farming family and reinvented himself 25 years ago.

That’s my Narc Socio together story !

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-a-sociopath-and-a-narcissist-get-married

Neteller here: www..com.ng

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
This had me shaking my head

Speechless
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Idydarling(f): 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
i pity the children... hope they turned out well in life
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Jeez! this is too long
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 02, 2016
AjalaJ:
When confronted about getting caught lying he would project and throw a tantrum to try and stun her and others into not asking questions. He once held a shotgun to her head during an argument and within a day she was back to sitting on his knee offering him a cup of coffee. This was the socio-narc dance that they danced.
She, the narcissist, would quietly go about putting herself first, second, third and so on ....
As sad as it is, I still couldn't help laughing grin

AjalaJ:
They were totally mismatched and totally addicted to one another. when your daughter hits the difficult teen years, banish her from your house at 15 and tell her that “delinquent children need to be cut”. . she says she has no memory of these “stories about their childhood” and only remembers them having a “beautiful childhood”.

...and there'll be people protesting against adult flogging . These two deserve a miserable life, more especially because childhood memories are suppose to be sweet, not being sabotaged by the same people you call parents.
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by nerdfrost(m): 1:06am On Oct 02, 2016
grin I drop cap for person wey read that story finish
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by AjalaJ(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2016
neoapocalypse:
Jeez! this is too long

It’s a pity. It’s only Nigerians that always complain that articles are too long. I’m very much active on more than 35 foreign forums and have never seen a single complain about any articles being long.

This brings a sad fact: most Nigerians don’t like to read and that’s why majority of us (including our leaders), have poor mentality. Poor mentality is the root cause of problems we have in Nigeria today.

For example, it’s a poor mentality that makes you believe you need to steal public funds before you can be rich. I’m very sorry. This is also true of “educated” Nigerians who stop reading after graduating. They went to school to get certs and they read only to pass exams. Contrast this to those who read to get liberating knowledge and improve their lots in life. Certificates are of a secondary importance, HONESTLY.

No-one begs you to read long posts.
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by makydebbie(f): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2016
catastrophe undecided
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2016
Wow!
in this kinda union,the children are always the victims
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Piercedclit1(f): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2016
2 people with personality disorders? C'mon you don't need rocket science to know that everything thing is gonna go wrong with that union
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2016
AjalaJ:

It’s a pity. It’s only Nigerians that always complain that articles are too long. I’m very much active on more than 35 foreign forums and have never seen a single complain about any articles being long.

This brings a sad fact: most Nigerians don’t like to read and that’s why majority of us (including our leaders), have poor mentality. Poor mentality is the root cause of problems we have in Nigeria today.

For example, it’s a poor mentality that makes you believe you need to steal public funds before you can be rich. I’m very sorry. This is also true of “educated” Nigerians who stop reading after graduating. They went to school to get certs and they read only to pass exams. Contrast this to those who read to get liberating knowledge and improve their lots in life. Certificates are of a secondary importance, HONESTLY.

No-one begs you to read long posts.
why are wasting your time replying. Its too long because it's not a celebrity gossip.
Nice post. many kids out there who are dysfunctional, you know they didn't get real parental love. Some parents practically buy their children off stuffing em with money, when all they need is actually love. Most juveniles,rapists,serial killers did not have a childhood. michael Jackson comes to mind. Some of these kids come out stronger, some fall away.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by THEcolorGREEN: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2016
Cool story but too fake
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2016
nerdfrost:
grin I drop cap for person wey read that story finish
I drop cap for you when no read d story grin
Re: What Happens When A Sociopath And A Narcissist Get Married? by Tommfrench(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2016
This really got me thinking....

(1) (Reply)

Does Age Difference Matter In Marriage? / Today We Remember The CEO And Founder Of Friendzone / Please I Need Your Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.