Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? (29846 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by sarahade(f): 6:01am On May 27, 2017
WellEndowed:
DIVORCE AN ABUSIVE SPOUSE.
DIVORCE A CHEATING SPOUSE.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by sarahade(f): 6:06am On May 27, 2017
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
and who is holding you? Next time when your husband cheats on you, start sleeping around too, equity indeed keep looking for equity in the Bible .nonsens ashawo jati
If she sleeps around because her husband is a cheat go and beat her.
Omoale rada rada
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by BabaRamota1980: 6:13am On May 27, 2017
I didnt know men commit adultery. This is news.
What is adultery in man's relationship with his women?
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by BabaRamota1980: 6:14am On May 27, 2017
sarahade:

Then do what, marry another one?
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 6:16am On May 27, 2017
that bible was written with the mind set of the Jews which also saw women as second class citizens,for me,bible or no bible,divorce a philandering husband before he gives you disease

2 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 6:26am On May 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
that bible was written with the mind set of the Jews which also saw women as second class citizens,for me,bible or on bible,divorce a philandering husband before he gives you disease

Hmmm! I guess Jesus also saw women as second class...
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 6:28am On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:

Hmmm! I guess Jesus also saw women as second class...
Jesus was a Jew too,there you have your answer
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 6:46am On May 27, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Jesus was a Jew too,there you have your answer

lolz .......

what is she saying gan

the law Jesus have concerning divorce is different from the Jewish law ........

so stop saying that the Bible was written with just the Jews in mind
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 6:48am On May 27, 2017
Ferisidowu:

lolz .......

what is she saying gan

the law Jesus have concerning divorce is different from the Jewish law ........

so stop saying that the Bible was written with just the Jews in mind
I did not say with the Jews in mind but with the mind set of a Jew, English!
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 6:52am On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:
*This write up does not encourage adultery in any form but it is about pointing out the erroneous belief as regards the act of adultery and divorce in relation to the scriptures.Every man must love and be faithful to his wife.

I have seen many situations where a wife leaves her husband against all odds because he committed adultery and she will quickly use the scripture to back up her action.

But does God really permit a wife to divorce an adulterous husband?

According to Islam

The fact that polygamy is an acceptable norm in Islam does not give room for much debate over this matter but nevertheless,there are laid down guidelines to follow if a wife has good evidence that her husbands committed adultery(Please refer to Fataawa 89039 and 85031).

From the bible

God never intended to give any instruction as regards divorce because GOD hates it as it is written in Malachi 2:16 : "For I hate divorce !" says the LORD , the God of Israel.

However, the hardness of MAN's heart(Not the woman) made Moses give men the opportunity to divorce their wives.

While many bible scholars have postulated that whenever a "he" is used in the Bible,it usually applies to man and woman and i perfectly agree but when it comes to matrimonial matters, the bible is very gender specific and has meticulously used the words man,woman,husband and wife with specific instructions relating to each one.

1 corrithians 7:10-11
"But for those who are married, I have a command that comes not from me, but from the Lord. A wife must not leave her husband.But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Matthew 19:5-9
" Why then," they asked Him, "did Moses command us to give divorce papers and TO SEND HER AWAY?"He told them, "Moses permitted you to divorce your WIVES because of the hardness of your hearts. But it was not like that from the beginning.And I tell you, whoever divorces his WIFE, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."

So the big question is; When is it right for a woman to divorce her husband?

The only Biblical ground for divorce for the woman is desertion by the man which is never the same as an act of adultery because strangely enough, a man may commit adultery but may not have any intention of deserting his wife.

Desertion is defined as the abandonment of a duty or post without permission and is done with the intention of not returning after all options of true reconciliation fails.

1 Corinthians 7:15. "But if the unbelieving partners leave, let them go. Under these circumstances a Christian man or Christian woman is not bound [by a marriage vow]. God has called you to live in peace".

Desertion by the man can come in many forms.
-If he denies her sex.
-Outrightly abandons her.
-Makes her a punching bag
-Refuses to take care of her and the children even when he is capable

I don't know if this makes sense.

YAYWEH is a misogynist just like Allah

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by YelloweWest: 7:02am On May 27, 2017
Toks is a misogynist.... cursed be the day he came out from a WOMAN!

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by YelloweWest: 7:04am On May 27, 2017
proudafrogal:

Jehovah is NOT a misogynist. It is insecure men like toks that try make Him look that way.

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by collinsfhk(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:

Why i still respond to you is because you are making sense by tackling the subject of discussion but the moment you start to pick on me i will regard you as unintelligent to continue responding to you. I wonder what my life has to do with the topic on ground.

Please leave me out of this and discuss the topic..give me a viable passage in the bible that supports a woman divorcing her husband because he sleeps with another lady.

I think outside the box and i am not the "My pastor said" type so please i beg you...discuss intelligently or refrain from making comments.

Have a nice day.

Hmmm
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 7:24am On May 27, 2017
YelloweWest:
Toks is a misogynist.... cursed be the day he came out from a WOMAN!

I will respond to you just this once not because your type deserves my golden response but just to show the world that ladies like you are colossal waste of space on planet earth.

Any time i see a rtardad comment such as yours i always do a quick due diligence on them to ascertain their psycological level just as I just did on you and Pronto. ..I just confirmed that you are one of the hopeless leeches roaming the world without any dream and personal conviction that can make a difference in your world.

Ironically people like you can't even divorce your hubby even if you catch him red handed with your blood sister cos you are a leech who will die in no time without a host to feed on....
no thanks to a materialistic mother who advised a daughter to marry a rich man rather than urge her to strive to be a rich woman and so unfortunate you are pssing same foolish doctrine to your innocent daughters.

So apparent that you are a curse to womanhood and your future generation....here is an attached picture of your previous comments to prove my point.

Don't bother quoting me cos I will never give you that honor of responding g again and mark my word..."you will soon be thrown out of that scam you call marriage" cos your intent of entering it is dubious,self centered and satanic.

I will stop here so that I won't make you commit suicide...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 7:31am On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:
*This write up does not encourage adultery in any form but it is about pointing out the erroneous belief as regards the act of adultery and divorce in relation to the scriptures.Every man must love and be faithful to his wife.

I have seen many situations where a wife leaves her husband against all odds because he committed adultery and she will quickly use the scripture to back up her action.

According to Islam

The fact that polygamy is an acceptable norm in Islam does not give room for much debate over this matter but nevertheless,there are laid down guidelines to follow if a wife has good evidence that her husbands committed adultery(Please refer to Fataawa 89039 and 85031).

From the bible

God never intended to give any instruction as regards divorce because GOD hates it as it is written in Malachi 2:16 : "For I hate divorce !" says the LORD , the God of Israel.

However, the hardness of MAN's heart(Not the woman) made Moses give men the opportunity to divorce their wives.

While many bible scholars have postulated that whenever a "he" is used in the Bible,it usually applies to man and woman and i perfectly agree but when it comes to matrimonial matters, the bible is very gender specific and has meticulously used the words man,woman,husband and wife with specific instructions relating to each one.

"But for those who are married, I have a command that comes not from me, but from the Lord. A wife must not leave her husband.But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

" Why then," they asked Him, "did Moses command us to give divorce papers and TO SEND HER AWAY?"He told them, "Moses permitted you to divorce your WIVES because of the hardness of your hearts. But it was not like that from the beginning.And I tell you, whoever divorces his WIFE, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."

The only Biblical ground for divorce for the woman is desertion by the man which is never the same as an act of adultery because strangely enough, a man may commit adultery but may not have any intention of deserting his wife.

Desertion is defined as the abandonment of a duty or post without permission and is done with the intention of not returning after all options of true reconciliation fails.

1 Corinthians 7:15. "But if the unbelieving partners leave, let them go. Under these circumstances a Christian man or Christian woman is not bound [by a marriage vow]. God has called you to live in peace".

-If he denies her sex.

It makes NO SENSE at all

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 7:36am On May 27, 2017
Elesta:

It makes NO SENSE at all

I don't expect it to make sense anyways
...that is my take on the matter and I still challenge anyone to counter me from the scriptures and not just mare sentiments.

desertion is the only scriptural reason for a woman to leave her husband.

Many great men of God in the bible had wives and still slept with other women yet these women did not bring down the roof and the same was expected from men but because the heart of men are just too hard hence the need for that instruction to be given to men and MEN alone.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 7:44am On May 27, 2017
proudafrogal:

I understand you are angry with GOD but whether you believe he exists or not does not change the fact that he does so you have two choices...

1.Embrace his existence now that you are still alive.

2.Find out he exists after you die and its too late then face the eternal consequence.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by akoredex14(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2017
no,god no permit sit down for there make ur husband dey nak them ;Dno,god no permit sit down for there make ur husband dey nak them
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:

I understand you are angry with GOD but whether you believe he exists or not does not change the fact that he does so you have two choices...

1.Embrace his existence now that you are still alive.

2.Find out he exists after you die and its too late then face the eternal consequence.

which of the gods are you talking about? Allah, Yahweh, or Amadioha, Obatala there are many versions of God and yours is clearly confused. you might face eternal consequences for not worshipping Allah or following Krishna. your God is not sure whether he is one or three.

2 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by 9jatatafo(m): 7:56am On May 27, 2017
women are having more power since their arch-mother, Mother Eve caused the great fall of man
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by sarahade(f): 8:05am On May 27, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Marry a real man with brains
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by sarahade(f): 8:07am On May 27, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Marry a real man or stay alone with your children.
Life is better without hiv std and lastly without threats
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by adajoe555: 8:18am On May 27, 2017
WHAT IS THE BIBLE VIEW REGARDING DIVORCE

mal 2: 15,16..there Jehovah said he hated divorce

matt...19:8,9 .it is only on the ground of adultery (extramarital affair ) that a woman or man is ought to divorce his or her mate ...if a man commits adultery and the wife find out and decide not to live with a cheating husband she can sue for divorce and if the man beg for forgiveness and change and the wife forgive .they can move on..
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 27, 2017
sarahade:

I agree.

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by tartarus(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2017
It's stupidity when humans try to live their lives based on what an imaginery being supposedly said in a story book!. Religion is stupidity, the op's post is just an example of such stupidity. wink

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:26am On May 27, 2017
NO ONE HAS THE BIBLE RIGHT TO DIVORCE,BASED ON ADULTERY.IN MATTH 19-9 CHRIST ONLY PERMITTD A MAN TO PUT AWAY HIS WIFE BASED ON FORNICATN & NOT ADULTERY.OUR LORD KNEW THE DIFFERENCE B/W BOTH BUT PEOPL OF TODAY HAV NOT NOTICED IT.BY BIBLE STANDARD,WE ARE TO MARRY VIRGINS AND IF AFTER WEDDING U DISCOVER THAT SHE LIED,U CAN PUT HER AWAY FOR DEFILING HERSELF B4 MARRIAGE AND THAT IS FORNICATN. HOWEVER,AFTER MARRIAGE,NEITHER PARTY HAS BIBLE RIGHT TO PUT AWAY.YOU HAV TO 4GIV OR SEPERATE & REMAIN SINGLE. 07054142412
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by ugosco82: 10:30am On May 27, 2017
pls my question is this; na woman dey marry man or na man dey marry woman?
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 10:33am On May 27, 2017
ugosco82:
pls my question is this; na woman dey marry man or na man dey marry woman?

When you see wedding invitations putting the lady's name first then I understand why you asked this...

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 27, 2017
APOSTLECHUMA:
NO ONE HAS THE BIBLE RIGHT TO DIVORCE,BASED ON ADULTERY.IN MATTH 19-9 CHRIST ONLY PERMITTD A MAN TO PUT AWAY HIS WIFE BASED ON FORNICATN & NOT ADULTERY.OUR LORD KNEW THE DIFFERENCE B/W BOTH BUT PEOPL OF TODAY HAV NOT NOTICED IT.BY BIBLE STANDARD,WE ARE TO MARRY VIRGINS AND IF AFTER WEDDING U DISCOVER THAT SHE LIED,U CAN PUT HER AWAY FOR DEFILING HERSELF B4 MARRIAGE AND THAT IS FORNICATN. HOWEVER,AFTER MARRIAGE,NEITHER PARTY HAS BIBLE RIGHT TO PUT AWAY.YOU HAV TO 4GIV OR SEPERATE & REMAIN SINGLE. 07054142412

100% trash
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2017
Toks2008:

According to Islam

From the bible

-If he denies her sex.

This applies only for am unbelieving spouse.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by cococandy(f): 11:55am On May 27, 2017
Once more this retard undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emmanuel Omale Predicts Death Of Actress In 2016 / How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission / Wet Dreams: A Thorn In My Flesh Going To Two Decades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.