Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY (38364 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by toby2(m): 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
jeff1607:

Not in may, july
kk, cos those things on ur siggy are my top turn offs +lies... I so much detest the three
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Fairgodwin(m): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
rubsaphy:
you sound selfish... learn to share the beauty of your mind and experiences with people. cos when it's all over, we would wish we had enough physical contact.

Thank you for your observation and by the way, no I'm not selfish, I only have issues with interacting with or getting to really be in company of others other than myself.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by JayJayGee: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
not marrying the woman I love....
and she not loving me...
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by mamawin(f): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
Melonny:
will I really sleep(remain faithful) with just one woman for 20-26 years after marriage? it's like eating beans everyday for 26years.
God help us...
it's not going to be like that except you want it to. the ups and downs of life and how you both deal with it, make you see your spouse differently, but above all, make sure you marry one you love, one who has a lot in common as you. compatibility. you can never be bored. my own opinion ni o
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Eshence: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
My biggest fear in marriage is after child birth will i still be tight and juicy down dere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
naijafeminist:

There's no way the woman you marry wouldn't change physically, and there's no way you wouldn't change physically. Women change their behaviors, men do too..... so your statement sounds sexist. Aside that, that's why your priority shouldn't be looks when looking for who to marry because you would be disappointed. It might be a necessary condition but not a sufficient one. People age, we all have to be selfless and learn to deal with it. You don't love your mom less now than you did 20 years ago, do you?
I shuldnt concentrate on looks abi Tank u, remind me to take my nxt gf for an xray to check her inner beauty...yeye dey smell. Pack urself oneside abeg.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Amuram(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
My fear is that I might end up marrying not because I want to but because the society frowns at staying unmarried.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
Malayy:
did you say skipping baths.. I will just stop sleeping with her..
Yea bro...a lot of present day married women do it especially on weekends....dey smell like unwashed armpits...I wonder how Deir hubbys feels or copes!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by mamawin(f): 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
Fairgodwin:
My ONLY fear is the fact that I won't be able to stay alone anymore. The fact that I won't be able to sleep alone and wake innocently alone. Oh I so much enjoy being alone and spending time with myself all by myself.
you are yet to fall in love, truly. sleep alone? when you fall in love, it's different
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
iRepNaija1:

Skipping baths? What kind of women do you date?

If you do cheat, it's your fault. Making excuses or blaming your wife is what small-minded men do. Marriage is constant, continuous work. Do you think you'll remain the same man you are? Won't you get wrinkles, gray hair, and a potbelly?
Potbelly? Hell no aint gonna happen....av u ever taken a stroll on a Saturday mrn U'll find so many married women skipping bath all in d name of "its a resting day"....den dey tie wrapper like sumbori's granny....whereas while dating....dey even wear makeup to bed in sex bumshots....but now dey are married....na wrapper and unwashed armpit....I can deal abeg....my wife do dat I warn, do it again I para....do it one more time I cheat. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
mamawin:
you are yet to fall in love, truly. sleep alone? when you fall in love, it's different
Indeed.
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by mamawin(f): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
Eshence:
My biggest fear in marriage is after child birth will i still be tight and juicy down dere
i had the same fear before I got married.
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
Prosperus:

you are very correct bro. The fear of getting married give me nightmare sometimes. i ask myself what about if this is not the true character of the woman.

When i was still an undergraduate, all i look after is beauty,shape and height but now my philosophy has changed as i become older. I now look for something outside outward beauty, before the external attraction.

getting a good woman nowdays is very difficult . i just pray i don't make the wrong choice.

I tell u bro...gals will always form angels to get married and become demons under ur roof.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Skipping baths?? Damn homie, how does she expect head if she don't shower?? Will soak her in dettol if I have to.
Lolzzz....girls usually relax wen dey get married o....dey feel no need to look fine for u again.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by mkoabiola: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
Eating white rice all d time wen fried rice n coconut rice can b spiced

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Eshence: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
mamawin:
i had the same fear before I got married.
so wat happened gist me abeg......
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Deejavuu(f): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
SavageGarden:
I've long convinced myself that I can't stand a partner talk less of getting bloody married! Just broke up with a girlfriend god! it got suffocating I couldn't breath! I can't stand those things it's clearly not for me and I won't delude myself into thinking otherwise I wasn't born with that gene, getting married, having kids too much trouble! with the state Nigeria is right now it's safer to face this hellhole alone, and I cherish me some alone time. Can't imagine sharing my bed for the rest of days..i love sleeping alone my bed is sacred! then being someone's emotional and mental dustbin for the rest of our lives..Marriage is too demanding it should be banned!!!!!!! ;DI've long convinced myself that I can't stand a partner talk less of getting bloody married! Just broke up with a girlfriend god! it got suffocating I couldn't breath! I can't stand those things it's clearly not for me and I won't delude myself into thinking otherwise I wasn't born with that gene, getting married, having kids too much trouble! with the state Nigeria is right now it's safer to face this hellhole alone, and I cherish me some alone time. Can't imagine sharing my bed for the rest of days..i love sleeping alone my bed is sacred! then being someone's emotional and mental dustbin for the rest of our lives..Marriage is too demanding it should be banned!!!!!!!

Weird and crazy as it sounds I support!!!! cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
BCMI:

that moment wen the husband decide to start acting as the head of the house, saying 'dont u knw am the head of dis family' cannt even assist the wife with any chores and nt providing house help is slavery, he doesnt even care abt her is slavery, send her on all errands is slavery . God ll help our marriage.!!!!
Sister.... U need Jesus!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Fairgodwin(m): 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
mamawin:

This is not really about love. Or maybe you're right, but I sincerely love being alone love or no love. I know most people consider me boring but that's just who I am.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by misscall247: 1:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Vivipop:
What if after five to ten years, i now realize i made the biggest mistake of my life? I am terrified of regrets and failure. I don't know how to live with that.
u r beautiful

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by misscall247: 1:33am On Oct 07, 2016
stubbornman:

That's a bad mentality.... Wat will be could changed
bro wat will b will b includin d change u mentioned
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Emmyemmy1: 1:47am On Oct 07, 2016
all well said
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by RaeMystix: 2:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Ifakiland:
Am actually scared of marrying the wrong woman. Cos gals av a way of changing after wedding, d angelic make up filled face turns into a pimples colony early in d mrn in bed with u....den she starts getting fat, skipping baths, nagging, etc.
I'm also scared am gonna cheat on my wife...if she stops been d gal I fell in love with after wedding!
Same with me for the opposite sex. (Not including the makeup part). grin
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Ifakiland:

Lolzzz....girls usually relax wen dey get married o....dey feel no need to look fine for u again.

Na there I go change am.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Malayy(m): 5:24am On Oct 07, 2016
sisisioge:
Hmmm...I'm afraid of plenty things.

I'm afraid he might turn out to be a vampire. A wife beater, a selfish azzzhole...

I'm afraid of divorce. It's very very important I get it right. For very personal reason, divorce is actually to be avoided like a plague. I most likely would just rather the guy don't turn push to shove for me. He should biko not let that hit our table.

I'm afraid of plenty house chores. The guy shouldn't turn me to his maid biko...I can't do all those darn chores alone!

I'm afraid of us falling out of love. Jeez! I'm a cat, I'm the all-over-the-guy kinda girl. I can't imagine being with someone I don't wanna hug a 100times a day. Omg! KO le work mehn!

I'm afraid he might cheat on me...if he does and I know. Whew, guy don kill me be that.

I'm afraid of not having kids...I love em lil people like kilode. The small noses, small hands, big hearts, beautiful eyes...omg! I must have them! I think I would die if I don't get them. My fertility isn't questionable o, I'm just saying. Plus thank God for fertility treatment!

I'm afraid of growing old alone. I'm afraid the guy might decide not to be my friend anymore in our sixties. What if my bobo doesn't wanna be my friend any more? What if what if?

Oh, I'm afraid he might become so bossy and treat me like he's my ancestor. Yeah we know he's the boss but pls, what if the guy demotes me from the second in command position to God knows where?

What if he stops listening to me...

What if his mom gives me hell...

What if he decides to disrespect my family...

What if what if what if he just turn out to be an SOB! After all, naa man I wan marry.
I have fallen in love with you already for this.. lol. but seriously you should not be afraid of these things.. whatever you see you tackle it.. enjoy your life girl..
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Malayy(m): 5:27am On Oct 07, 2016
Ifakiland:

Yea bro...a lot of present day married women do it especially on weekends....dey smell like unwashed armpits...I wonder how Deir hubbys feels or copes!
no wonder their husbands cheat on them with younger girls.. they can't stand the dirty armpits any longer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Laveda(f): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2016
Titilayooni:
Afraid of been tired of the love we initially shared....
embarassed

Same fears.
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
thank God for islam you get to marry four if u are capable of taking care of them. Not that you get to bleep only one woman for the rest of ur life.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by prolifiktip25(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Fairgodwin:
My ONLY fear is the fact that I won't be able to stay alone anymore. The fact that I won't be able to sleep alone and wake innocently alone. Oh I so much enjoy being alone and spending time with myself all by myself.
exactly the fear of sharing ur bed, not eating junks, watch football games and litter d house like u used to.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Fairgodwin(m): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2016
prolifiktip25:

exactly the fear of sharing ur bed, not eating junks, watch football games and litter d house like u used to.

Hahaha, I consider your statement funny though. Good morning.
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by trytim100(m): 7:10am On Oct 07, 2016
Copied

*TEN (10) GOLDEN SECRETS OF MARRIAGE:*
*TO THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED AND/OR ARE PREPARING TO GET MARRIED SOON*

1. *EVERYONE YOU MARRY HAS A WEAKNESS*

Only God has no weakness. Every rose flower has its own thorn. If you focus too much on your spouse's weakness, you can't get the best out of his/her strength.

2. *EVERYONE YOU MARRY HAS A DARK HISTORY*

No one is an Angel, therefore, avoid digging one's past. What matters is the present life of your partner. Old things are passed away. try to forgive and forget. The past can't be change. So Focus on the present and the future!

3. *EVERY MARRIAGE HAS IT'S OWN CHALLENGES*

Marriage is not bed of roses. Every shinning marriage has gone through its own test of hot and excruciating fire. True love is proved in time of challenge. Fight for your marriage! Make up your mind to stay with your spouse in time of needs. Remember this is the vow you made on your wedding day!

4. *EVERY MARRIAGE HAS DIFFERENT LEVELS OF SUCCESS*

Don't compare your marriage with anyone! We can never be equal, some will be far in front and others far behind. To avoid marriage stresses, be patient, work hard and with time, your marriage dreams shall come true.

5. *TO MARRY IS TO DECLARE A WAR*

When you marry, you must declare a war against enemies of marriage. Some of the enemies of marriage are: Ignorance, Prayerlessness, Unforgiveness, Adultery, Third Party Influence, Stinginess, Stubbornness, Lack Of Love, Rudeness, Wife battery, Laziness, Divorce etc. Be ready to fight to maintain your marriage zone.

6. *THERE IS NO PERFECT MARRIAGE*

There is no ready made marriage anywhere. Marriage is hard work, volunteer yourself and perfect it daily. Marriage is like a CAR with Gear oil, gear box, back hassles and If this parts are not properly maintained, the car will brake down somewhere along the road and exposing the occupant to unhealthy circumstances. - Many of us are careless about our marriage... Are you? If you are, pls pay attention to your marriage.

7. *GOD CANNOT GIVE YOU THE COMPLETE PERSON YOU DESIRE*

He (God) gives you, him or her in the form of raw materials in order for you to mould what you desire. You may desire a woman who can pray for 1 hours but your wife can only pray for 30 minutes. With your love, prayer and encouragement, she can improve.

8. *TO MARRY IS TO TAKE A RISK*

You cannot predict what will happen after marriage, as situation may change, so, leave a room for adjustment. Pregnancy may not come in the next 4 years. You may get marry to her because she's slim but she becomes 100% fatter after a child. He may lose his beautiful job for years that you have to take the financial responsibility of the family until he gets a new job. But with God by your side, you will smile at last.

9. *MARRIAGE IS NOT A CONTRACT, IT IS PERMANENT*

Marriage needs total commitment, love is the glue that makes a couple stick together. Divorce starts in the mind. Never think of divorce! Never threaten your spouse with divorce. Choose to remain married! God hates divorce

10. *EVERY MARRIAGE HAS A PRICE TO PAY*

Marriage is like a bank account. It is the money you deposit into your bank account that you can withdrawn. If you don't deposit love, peace and care into your marriage, you are not a candidate of a blissful home. There is no free love in marriage, You cannot love without giving and sacrificing. May the lord Jesus Christ give us the grace and wisdom to build a heaven on earth Marriage. Remain blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 07, 2016
I only have two fears
1. cheating
2. Sexless marriage

For me I don't view marriage as do or die, since I only live once will rather call it quits and find happiness. Though not saying am going to give up easily but divorce won't be foreign to me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Dad's Driver First Child Looks Different From The Rest, I'm Worried / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) / Man Struggles To Carry His Pregnant Wife In Maternity Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.