Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY (38337 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by wizflower(f): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
Melonny:
will I really sleep(remain faithful) with just one woman for 20-26 years after marriage? it's like eating beans everyday for 26years.
God help us...
Thank you for being truthful dear

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by timpaker(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
1. Afraid of losing my PS 3
2. Afraid of always waking up with the same person.
3. Afraid of not being selfish. I.e about nobody but my self.
4. Afraid of someone always expecting me to call to inform them of my movement/itenery (monitoring spirits).
5. Afraid of losing my privacy.
6. Afraid of being romantic when I'm in no mood for that BS.
7. Afraid of always looking for my stuff in my own house.
8. Afraid of missing some important social gathering cuz bae is lonely or bored at home.

Etc.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
1) Afraid that hubby might change and the love and humility would no longer be there

2) Afraid of not being good enough/ 'wife material'

3) Afraid of unrequited love, getting heart broken, infidelity and DV

4) Afraid of not being accepted by his family

5) Afraid of not being a good mother

6) Afraid of having kids that will hurt me and make me wish I didn't have kids

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by R0LL0N(m): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
Afraid of who to marry especially making a wrong choice

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
You've said it all..... Beautiful description of what Love entails. smiley

Your story brought back memories and a few tears to my eyes. So beautiful...

grandlexuz:

[b]Yeah very true! Selflessness is the watch word. When both parties are willing to put the other infront, there is always room for improvement and compromise.

A Very Poor Man Lived With His Wife.

One day his wife, who had very long hair asked him to buy her a comb for her hair to grow well and to be well-groomed.

The man felt very sorry and said no. He explained that he did not even have enough money to fix the strap of his watch he had just broken.

She did not insist on her request.

The man went to work and passed by a watch shop, sold his damaged watch at a low price and went to buy a comb for his wife.

He came home in the evening with the comb in his hand ready to give to his wife.

He was surprised when he saw his wife with a very short hair cut.

She had sold her hair and was holding a new watch band.

Tears flowed simultaneously from their eyes, not for the futility of their actions, but for the reciprocity of their love.

MORAL: To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and to be loved by the one you love,that is EVERYTHING. Never take love for granted.[/b][i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by sisisioge: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
SavageGarden:
I've long convinced myself that I can't stand a partner talk less of getting bloody married! Just broke up with a girlfriend god! it got suffocating I couldn't breath! I can't stand those things it's clearly not for me and I won't delude myself into thinking otherwise I wasn't born with that gene, getting married, having kids too much trouble! with the state Nigeria is right now it's safer to face this hellhole alone, and I cherish me some alone time. Can't imagine sharing my bed for the rest of days..i love sleeping alone my bed is sacred! then being someone's emotional and mental dustbin for the rest of our lives..Marriage is too demanding it should be banned!!!!!!! grin!!

Haaaaaa! Baby boy! This is another of my fear! What if I marry a guy that is unionphobic abi na couplephobic? Gbese! It is well!

Oga, you are a wonderful human being! Pls do all you could to not be pressured into marriage lest an unfortunate woman bits more than she can chew! Imagine, one woman was complaining that her husband stopped being at home during waking hours because he couldn't stand the noise his children make. That one don enter one chance nau, it is well o. Enjoy your solitude jare...nothing do u.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by benELOHIM7(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
Afraid that my privacy (which I somuch crave) might be under seige

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Maturedkid(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
i am afraid she may not accept me the wayvi am, because I have enuresis, to even see wife to agree to marry na problem, even date self. help ohhh ladies in Benin please.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by tommynico(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
Xiadnat:
Being taken for granted and feeling like relationship is one sided as in i am doing most of the work.

Therefore, one of the things i look for in a potential partner is enduring qualities like naturally selfless, caring, compassionate and loving, nuturing and being open and teachable.

Because come rain or hailstorm, i can depend on him emotionally and mentally for support and know they will care and appreciate me.

I cant stand men who are emotionally unstable like moody and worse if they shut me off.

Selfishness is a deal breaker. No one should get married if they are not prepared to be selfless.
currently dating a gal with an attitude opposite of teaching, wenever she gets upset, it gets worse as she always demand me to say sorry all the time. She always preach herslf to all the time sayin am this, am that...it's so boring listening to her say all that.
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Cholls(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
Maturedkid:
i am afraid she may not accept me the wayvi am, because I have enuresis, to even see wife to agree to marry na problem, even date self. help ohhh ladies in Benin please.
my brother tell me this is a joke.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by emmykk(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Yes I like my freedom smiley
grin grin there is this my tenant around 54 years old lady.

no husband,no children visits her,we just felt she may have divorce or not marry,she do bring young men once in a while to the house.she work with state civil servant.she live alone for the pass 4 yrs

Is this the kind of life you want or is too extreme.tell me what you mean by free if you are up to marriagable age?
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Vivipop(f): 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
What if after five to ten years, i now realize i made the biggest mistake of my life? I am terrified of regrets and failure. I don't know how to live with that.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by shayma(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
Fear of not able to cater for wifey needy. Fear of wifey more exposure than before we got married and change to be wayward because of money...

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
See as I dey look you..... Why should you see yourself as a slave in your own matrimonial home Abeg wake up jor
you don't know what your species are capable of undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by tommynico(m): 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
I wuld love to have a family of my own, but am so scared of who to make my wife nd patner, i don't want a tormentor for a wife.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Cholls(m): 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Vivipop:
What if after five to ten years, i now realize i made the biggest mistake of my life? I am terrified of regrets and failure. I don't know how to live with that.
my sister the only way to avoid that is for you to submit to the man that shows you love and love him with a forgiven heart.

my sister is life where we came to learn both good and bad. So count it all joy.
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Boring: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
knacking only one pekus cry

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
you don't know what your species are capable of undecided
lol... You tell me.... Are we talking about marrying a stranger here?
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by LuvU2: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dreamwaker:

I can't say that on here, it's too graphic grin
grinlipsrsealed
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by venom13(m): 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Women are natural pretenders marry her and she will reveal her true identity

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Timblaze(m): 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ifakiland:
Am actually scared of marrying the wrong woman. Cos gals av a way of changing after wedding, d angelic make up filled face turns into a pimples colony early in d mrn in bed with u....den she starts getting fat, skipping baths, nagging, etc.
I'm also scared am gonna cheat on my wife...if she stops been d gal I fell in love with after wedding!
u just spoke my mind..
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by toby2(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmm, most men wanna live up to expectation... Most ladies are scared of insecurity. God help us all
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by AuroraB(f): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
Maturedkid:
Huh
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
I used to be afraid of marriage but no more. With the type of personality I have it's going to be super difficult to remain with one woman for more than ten years. I see myself being married to at least 5 women in my lifetime.

Knowing this takes out all the uncertainties. There's nothing to fear when I know I can always walk away.

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by tno4real(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Afraid of being a slave wife or a house wife sad

Be fo*ling urself
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by jiyya: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
scared of being cage by a woman

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Shym3xx: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
Lol.

The marriage institution is obsolete and it makes no sense whatsoever. I honestly don't understand the concept of celebrating mating with the opposite sex when you can easily achieve the same thing without funfair and all the noise that comes with it. Only to end up going through another stress to break it off, due to irreconcilable differences. Even a lot of our forebears just cohabited and never really bothered about marriage - and their unions stood the test of time. So, why do you even need marriage to achieve the same thing, especially since cohabitation is much more easier today and you can easily break the damn thing off, if things were to go south?

Anyway, I'm married to hustling and in love with money. Thus making me a married man. That's only marriage I want to hear about. Ain't no trill nyggah got time to be dancing like a clown while celebrating mating with one chic. I've got more than enough chics - that nonsense isn't an achievement. grin I don't trust these chics and I doubt the most high has created the type of chic I'll celebrate mating with. grin

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by SavageGarden(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
sisisioge:

Haaaaaa! Baby boy! This another of my fear! What if I marry a guy that is unionphobic abi na couplephobic? Gbese! It is well!

Oga, you are a wonderful human being! Pls do all you could to not be pressured into marriage less an unfortunate woman bits more than she can chew! Imagine, one woman was complaining that her husband stopped being at home during waking hours because he couldn't stand the noise his children make. That one don enter one chance nau, it is well o. Enjoy your solitude jare...nothing do u.

Thanks a lot ma'am, truth is, most of the time we lie to ourselves and in order to impress some folks in our lives friends; family; people who wouldn't be there to face the music when it all goes crumbling down. I know myself I know what I can stand, i've been with girls, I love myself some company sometimes not like I'm some hermit crab! I can share my space but not for damn long, sleeping up with some bae going shopping having them emotionally attached those things don't give me joy! I get grief and it's much more futile and profoundly wicked for someone like myself to get married eventually 'cos everyone else is getting married regardless of love she'll suffer! she'll bloody suffer I'm not particularly good at caring who is anyway with time this me me thing will set in. I look at my parents and I see it sometimes! it's too much pressure ma'am we don't necessarily need to get married to feel complete but society ruined things and the gullible weak at heart individuals fall hook line and sinker for it. I mean for a pastor to take it upon himself to chastise single folks and you don't expect divorce rate to grow! fat chance! let's stay true to ourselves it's the easy way out unless of cos you agree to change if you can.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by damocool(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mzjacy:
Scared of not making the right choice cos I don't believe in divorce
Exactly, that word divorce scares me a lot..
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Willress(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
grandlexuz:

[b]Yeah very true! Selflessness is the watch word. When both parties are willing to put the other infront, there is always room for improvement and compromise.

A Very Poor Man Lived With His Wife.

One day his wife, who had very long hair asked him to buy her a comb for her hair to grow well and to be well-groomed.

The man felt very sorry and said no. He explained that he did not even have enough money to fix the strap of his watch he had just broken.

She did not insist on her request.

The man went to work and passed by a watch shop, sold his damaged watch at a low price and went to buy a comb for his wife.

He came home in the evening with the comb in his hand ready to give to his wife.

He was surprised when he saw his wife with a very short hair cut.

She had sold her hair and was holding a new watch band.

Tears flowed simultaneously from their eyes, not for the futility of their actions, but for the reciprocity of their love.

MORAL: To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and to be loved by the one you love,that is EVERYTHING. Never take love for granted.[/b][i][/i]
I've watched the cartoon before on silverbird TV over 9yrs ago I think

1 Like

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Cholls(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
WriteBoy:
I used to be afraid of marriage but no more. With the type of personality I have it's going to be super difficult to remain with one woman for more than ten years. I see myself being married to at least 5 women in my lifetime.

Knowing this takes out all the uncertainties. There's nothing to fear when I know I can always walk away.
my brother

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Otunba10(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
telemapreye1:
Fear of shyness...undressing in front of my partner and sharing things
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

When The Wrong One Loves You Right!!! / Man Struggles To Carry His Pregnant Wife In Maternity Photos / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.