Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs (567 Views)

"Remove Osinbajo As Pastor" - RCCG Member To Petition Pastor Adeboye / Freeze Is Wrong On This. Do Not Follow Him If You Are A True Believer. / Pastor Adeboye Greets Osinbajo In Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs by Toluwani95: 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pastor Yemi Osinbanjo was the led pastor of RCCG palm olive parish, Banana Island Lagos prior to his selection as the running mate of President Mohammadu Buhari. So it was like a journey back home when he worshipped at the parish on 2nd October 2016, he used the opportunity to charge worshippers @ the church not to lose faith in the country despite the challenges faced presently. of particular interest to me in his speech was a statement he made, he said: "The vision of the Church and that of the country were tied together." This statement is very controversial, many may agree/disagree with this assertion he made but was he correct?

The country and the church are two separate and distinct entities with different authorities; while the authority of the state is constitution, that of the church remains the Bible. According to the Bible, the vision of the church is Truth (Jesus) while for Nigeria its vision is: unity and faith, peace and progress. In pursuit of the truth, the church might fulfill all of the state's vision but in no way can the state fulfil the vision of the church. As a matter of fact the pathway of unity, faith, peace and progress of the church is entirely different: for instance, the world's way of gaining peace is an all inclusive means while the church's way is an exclusive trust in a man called Jesus. While the faith of the state rests entirely on its leadership and founder's dream, the dream of the church is in the crucified Lord.

WHAT IS THE IMPLICATION OF THIS?
That the church is different from the state has many implications of which I'll state two
1.Previous attempts to merge the church and the state resulted in perversion of faith in ancient Rome, it led to the brutality and massacre associated with the papal regime.

2. Particularly more important is the fact that having the same vision with the state will lead us to the delusion that all our pursuit is limited to this passing and perverted world. Phil 3:20 tells us that our homeland is in heaven, we are citizen of a heavenly state and mere pilgrims on earth, we are not to have a myopic vision limited to this world but a clear cut vision of life and eternity.

As much as we should strive for the unity, faith, peace and progress of our society, we live daily with a greater vision of heaven in mind and we seek unity of people in Christ not by accepting that they are also correct with other beliefs. Like John Macarthur said, the Christian Gospel is not offering heaven on earth, it is offering heaven in heaven.

I am lewisProtege, I blog@ *blessedhands001.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs by afanide: 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Politics has taught him how to Lie.....
He wasn't like this......
Re: Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs by Image123(m): 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
Depending on the context he said so. The church and the nation need purification.
Re: Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs by TPAND(f): 4:25am On Oct 05, 2016
Dear Osinbajo

I defer from the term pastor in describing you. You have shamed not only the body of Christ but RCCG as a whole.
Lest you forget, the bible reminds us that you can't serve two masters, bible also said do not be yoked with unbelievers, bible also asked a question what has the body of Christ have to do with the world.

Your lies have caught up with you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs by Image123(m): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
TPAND:
Dear Osinbajo

I defer from the term pastor in describing you. You have shamed not only the body of Christ but RCCG as a whole.
Lest you forget, the bible reminds us that you can't serve two masters, bible also said do not be yoked with unbelievers, bible also asked a question what has the body of Christ have to do with the world.

And who are you again? Have you read Romans 13? Where are the lies? Have you ever heard about being slow to speak or not speaking at all? What does it mean to be yoked with unbelievers? Do you work? Do you buy things or sell things?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Osinbajo Was Wrong On Thîs by dueal(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
TPAND:
Dear Osinbajo

The word is "UNEqually Yoked". Different in meaning to "Yoked" based on context.

Since Christians are so quick to defend some weird perspectives they have on the World and Christ, may you build a raft and swim to the Atlantic where you may be safely distanced from the world.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty / Why We Need Divine Justice After Death / OMG! See Mighty Demonstration Of Miracle Power By Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.