Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

When Girls Bleach.. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Girls Bleach.. (3832 Views)

Guys When Girls Reject You / How Can Man Stop Thinking About Pussy When Girls Won't Stop Dressing Like / How Do You React When Girls Finally Say Yes To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by idu1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:
They bleach because black is beautiful only in words and not action. People, society and majority of men have a painful affinity for the fair skin.

Acceptance is one of the basic and important pshycological needs of humans which can not be overlooked.

And i am still looking for my very dark skin future wife.

I like light skin girls not those that bleach.

I hate them.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by alvin000(m): 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
My ex gf her name is Kween Abisoye! Today is her Birthday she needs more prayer n likes.

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
I do agree that in our society that too many men in reality go for fair skin.... but natural fair skin..... not bleached skin. Bleached girls may have the edge as strippers, hookers or side chicks..... but most men would not introduce a bleached out woman to their family. Too many women suffer from inferiority complex.... bleach and bleach away their beauty and chances of attracting husband material.
Lol...you do agree that our society and too many men go for the fair skin, yet you blame ladies who bleach for wanting to fall in the accepted category?

You call it inferiority complex because they just want to met the standard of a good number of the opposite sex and the society?

You sir, are not being fair. You mean once a lady bleaches, she's only good as a hooker, stripper, side chick and the rest of them

If the society didn't place so much preference over a particular skin color, the need to bleach might not even arise in the first place.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Presh900(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
alvin000:
My ex gf her name is Kween Abisoye! Today is her Birthday she needs more prayer n likes.
does she have HIV??
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Originalsly: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:

Lol...you do agree that our society and too many men go for the fair skin, yet you blame ladies who bleach for wanting to fall in the accepted category?

You call it inferiority complex because they just want to met the standard of a good number of the opposite sex and the society?

You sir, are not being fair
I am fair to the ones bleaching to be fair! Inferiority complex because they think their dark skin is unattractive to men.... and light skin would make them more acceptable to a good number of men and the society. For short time purposes... yes.. bleaching can be an advantage... especially for short term relationships when men dive in in the dark of nite and dash out before sunrise!
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
idu1:

And i am still looking for my very dark skin future wife.

I like light skin girls not those that bleach.

I hate them.

'I like light skin girls' this is one of the reasons why ladies bleach.

I hope you are aware that bleaching can be so impeccably done that you wouldn't even see any tracer of bleaching.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
I am fair to the ones bleaching to be fair! Inferiority complex because they think their dark skin is unattractive to men.... and light skin would make them more acceptable to a good number of men and the society. For short time purposes... yes.. bleaching can be an advantage... especially for short term relationships when men dive in in the dark of nite and dash out before sunrise!
You mentioned earlier that the society and too many men prefer light skin, now you are saying that they bleach bleach because they think their skin is unattractive to men and light skin would make them more acceptable to a good number of men and the society. Ain't you contradicting yourself.

Considering the health implication, yet, 4 out of 10 dark skin ladies bleach their skin, it shows that bleaching their skin actually work for them way beyond what you wrote above.

If we want to curb the art of bleaching, I don't think attacking those who engage in the act would solve the problem. We should rather treat the issue from the root... this I however doubt if it can be achieved.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Originalsly: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:

You mentioned earlier that the society and too many men prefer light skin, now you are saying that they bleach bleach because they think their skin is unattractive to men and light skin would make them more acceptable to a good number of men and the society. Ain't you contradicting yourself.

Considering the health implication, yet, 4 out of 10 dark skin ladies bleach their skin, it shows that bleaching their skin actually work for them way beyond what you wrote above.

If we want to curb the art of bleaching, I don't think attacking those who engage in the act would solve the problem. We should rather treat the issue from the root... this I however doubt if it can be achieved.
Not contradicting! Too many men (doesn't mean most men) prefer light skin .... natural light skin.... not bleached skin...for a long term relationship. If most men were into bleached skin then most of the bleached women would've been already married. Bleached out single women are more likely not to be married than dark women. On health issues... most of the women do not care... preaching h in one ear it goes out the other until it is too late. E.g... they always... always want to find the cream/lotion that stops their face from breaking out... when the root of that problem is the poisons in the bleaching creams that the body is forcing out thru the pores of the face. Women who are proud of themselves... have self confidence... do not bleach...they are comfortable in the skin they were born with...and that is the root of the bleaching problem.... too many women lacking self esteem.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Miggs(m): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahn:
Black people bleach. Even men undecided
Yes.Some Nigerian men bleach their skins but not as much as Nigerian women.The only majority black nation i'm aware of where the men bleach as much as their women is jamaica
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Miggs(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:
They bleach because black is beautiful only in words and not action. People, society and majority of men have a painful affinity for the fair skin

Acceptance is one of the basic and important pshycological needs of humans which can not be overlooked.
BULLSHHHIIITT!!When will women ever take responsibility for their actions?.Now,get this into your skull:MEN's CONCEPT OF BEAUTY DEPENDS ON WHATEVER FORM OF LOOK WOMEN DECIDE TO PRESENT TO MEN.FAIR O,DARK O,SHORT HAIR O,LONG HAIR,BLACK HAIR,BLONDE HAIR,BLUE HAIR,RED HAIR,LONG NAILS,SHORT NAILS ETC.MEN HAVE NO POWER ON HOW WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK.THAT IS THE SOLE PRESERVE OF WOMEN.WOMEN ARE THE ONES WHO PRESSURE OTHER WOMEN TO BLEACH THEIR SKINS.WOMEN POSSESS THE POWER AND CONTROL OVER OTHER WOMEN.THESAME WAY THEY PRESSURE OTHER WOMEN TO WEAR WEAVES,SHAVE THEIR LEGS,WEAR CERTAIN CLOTHES,SHOES ETC.No woman wants to be ostracized from their social group so they usually fall in line with what other women desire.Women,quit blaming men for your insecurities and deficiencies.Enough is enough

1 Like

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Presh900(m): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
Miggs:
BULLSHHHIIITT!!!!!!!!!!!! Show me women that'll take responsibility for their actions and i'll know that woman is a martian.Now,get this into your skull:MEN's CONCEPT OF BEAUTY DEPENDS ON WHATEVER FORM OF LOOK WOMEN DECIDE TO PRESENT TO MEN.MEN HAVE NO POWER ON HOW WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK.THAT IS THE SOLE PRESERVE OF WOMEN.WOMEN ARE THE ONES WHO PRESSURE OTHER WOMEN TO BLEACH THEIR SKINS.THESAME WAY THEY PRESSURE OTHER WOMEN TO WEAR WEAVES,SHAVE THEIR LEGS,WEAR CERTAIN CLOTHES,SHOES ETC.No woman wants to be ostracized from their social group so they usually fall in line with what other women desire.Women,quit blaming men for your insecurities and deficiencies.Enough is enough
Thank you
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Miggs(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
Presh900:
Thank you
Don"t mind them.I'm very in-tune with their games.They can deceive many but they can"t deceive all.I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY MAN TELLING ANY WOMAN TO BLEACH THEIR SKINS EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BUT WOMEN?I constantly see them telling other women almost everyday even TODAY!
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Presh900(m): 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Miggs:
Don"t mind them.I'm very in-tune with their games.They can deceive many but they can"t deceive all.I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY MAN TELLING ANY WOMAN TO BLEACH THEIR SKINS EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BUT WOMEN?I constantly see them telling other women almost everyday even TODAY!
you are correct ,sir. Infact women bleach so that they can be admired by their fellow women, cuz attraction is based on factors like personality,shape,beauty,etc not skin color

1 Like

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by hahn(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Miggs:
Yes.Some Nigerian men bleach their skins but not as much as Nigerian women.The only majority black nation i'm aware of where the men bleach as much as their women is jamaica

True though
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Bizibi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:

You sir, are not being fair. You mean once a lady bleaches, she's only good as a hooker, stripper, side chick and the rest of them

If the society didn't place so much preference over a particular skin color, the need to bleach might not even arise in the first place.
abeg,I am one of those men that don't fancy gals that whiten their skin.you write as if it is all men that love fair ladies.

1 Like

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bizibi:
abeg,I am one of those men that don't fancy gals that whiten their skin.you write as if it is all men that love fair ladies.
Sir, I didn't say anything about all men liking fair skin ladies. A good number of them do.

I mentioned the society as well

Yes, men don't like women who bleach their skin but majority would choose a fair skin over a dark skin.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
Miggs:
BULLSHHHIIITT!!When will women ever take responsibility for their actions?.Now,get this into your skull:MEN's CONCEPT OF BEAUTY DEPENDS ON WHATEVER FORM OF LOOK WOMEN DECIDE TO PRESENT TO MEN.FAIR O,DARK O,SHORT HAIR O,LONG HAIR,BLACK HAIR,BLONDE HAIR,BLUE HAIR,RED HAIR,LONG NAILS,SHORT NAILS ETC.MEN HAVE NO POWER ON HOW WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK.THAT IS THE SOLE PRESERVE OF WOMEN.WOMEN ARE THE ONES WHO PRESSURE OTHER WOMEN TO BLEACH THEIR SKINS.WOMEN POSSESS THE POWER AND CONTROL OVER OTHER WOMEN.THESAME WAY THEY PRESSURE OTHER WOMEN TO WEAR WEAVES,SHAVE THEIR LEGS,WEAR CERTAIN CLOTHES,SHOES ETC.No woman wants to be ostracized from their social group so they usually fall in line with what other women desire.Women,quit blaming men for your insecurities and deficiencies.Enough is enough
I don't know how you do it, but writing in caps gives the impression that you are yelling at me. That said, I didn't force my opinion on you hence, you shouldn't do that to me so telling me to get whatever you've written into my skull then switching to all CAPs is rude, mister. We are not quarreling.

We have different views, Fine! I'm sure you can present it like a 21st century being.

I didn't hinge it on men alone, I included the society. You've got a point but what you yelled at me up there is often 'mere words of mouth' just like the cliche 'black is beautiful'.

The bullshit is not necessary as well.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
Not contradicting! Too many men (doesn't mean most men) prefer light skin .... natural light skin.... not bleached skin...for a long term relationship. If most men were into bleached skin then most of the bleached women would've been already married. Bleached out single women are more likely not to be married than dark women. On health issues... most of the women do not care... preaching h in one ear it goes out the other until it is too late. E.g... they always... always want to find the cream/lotion that stops their face from breaking out... when the root of that problem is the poisons in the bleaching creams that the body is forcing out thru the pores of the face. Women who are proud of themselves... have self confidence... do not bleach...they are comfortable in the skin they were born with...and that is the root of the bleaching problem.... too many women lacking self esteem.
You've spoken well and yes you have a point. I do understand your point of view. I'm more particular about what makes them bleach. And yes, if the benefit does not outweigh the negative effect, bleaching wouldn't be as common as it is today.

Mind you, I'm dark skinned with two fair skin sisters. Yet, I love my skin I wouldn't trade it for a fair skin...ever. My skin has been used to insult me, albeit jokingly and it has earned me praises as well.

That said, let me share my most recent experience with you. Just this evening, a friend saw me and was like Kaduna weather is good for u. I asked how, He said your skin looks lighter so I asked if my skin getting lighter is a good thing and he replied 'yes'.

I've had many of this conversation. Any time I travel out of Kaduna, I get lots and lots of such comment
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Miggs(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:

I don't know how you do it, but writing in caps gives the impression that you are yelling at me. That said, I didn't force my opinion on you hence, you shouldn't do that to me so telling me to get whatever you've written into my skull then switching to all CAPs is rude, mister. We are not quarreling.

We have different views, Fine! I'm sure you can present it like a 21st century being.

I didn't hinge it on men alone, I included the society. You've got a point but what you yelled at me up there is often 'mere words of mouth' just like the cliche 'black is beautiful'.

The bullshit is not necessary as well.
Look at this one.TACKLE THE PERFECT POINTS I MADE IN MY POST AND QUIT THE DIVERTIONARY TACTICS.IT WONT WORK ON ME.In your earlier posts on this thread,you were trying to give the impression Nigerian men were the root cause of Nigerian women bleaching their skins and i quickly corrected your deeply flawed assertions.I can see your arrogance will never let you admit your wrong.Afterall,this is a public forum were individuals posts are readily challenged.Think about that before pulling facts out of your ass_ next time
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Originalsly: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:

He said your skin looks lighter so I asked if my skin getting lighter is a good thing and he replied 'yes'.

You should've asked him why... and listen to the ignorance he would be spitting! Shouldn't feel bad about such comments... it just showed how shallow he is. That's the type of guy that travels abroad and proudly marry those lazy sloppy worn out monsters White or close to White women!
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Miggs:
Look at this one.TACKLE THE PERFECT POINTS I MADE IN MY POST AND QUIT THE DIVERTIONARY TACTICS.IT WONT WORK ON ME.In your earlier posts on this thread,you were trying to give the impression Nigerian men were the root cause of Nigerian women bleaching their skins and i quickly corrected your deeply flawed assertions.I can see your arrogance will never let you admit your wrong.Afterall,this is a public forum were individuals posts are readily challenged.Think about that before pulling facts out of your ass_ next time
And you are accusing me of arrogance, very funny.

You called your point perfect? shocked
You are still asking me to tackle it, read my reply again.

I guess you expect me to be rude just like your are, sorry, I've got manners. I don't go about insulting people to prove a 'perfect' point.

Yes, Nigerian men are part of the problem. Majority of them prefer light skin to dark skin.

You reffered to me as this one, pls, stay off my mention.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
You should've asked him why... and listen to the ignorance he would be spitting! Shouldn't feel bad about such comments... it just showed how shallow he is. That's the type of guy that travels abroad and proudly marry those lazy sloppy worn out monsters White or close to White women!
Feel bad? Far from it!

I just find it funny that my skin is better when it's getting lighter. He's not the first to make such comments... I've seen and heard people(both male and female) make such comments to other ladies.

All these goes a long way to show that the society favours the light skin over dark skin. Hence, the desire to fit in and be accepted push ladies into bleaching their skin.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Presh900(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:

Feel bad? Far from it!

I just find it funny that my skin is better when it's getting lighter. He's not the first to make such comments... I've seen and heard people(both male and female) make such comments to other ladies.

All these goes a long way to show that the society favours the light skin over dark skin. Hence, the desire to fit in and be accepted push ladies into bleaching their skin.
I admire ur intelligent arguments
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Miggs(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
You should've asked[b] him [/b]why... and listen to the ignorance he would be spitting! Shouldn't feel bad about such comments... it just showed how shallow he is. That's the type of guy that travels abroad and proudly marry those lazy sloppy worn out monsters White or close to White women!
MEHN!!!! see fu_ck up! You really believed a man said that?Were you there when he said it?She is lying.Why is she lying?She is trying to push the blame on Nigerian women bleaching on Nigerian men and "the society" which isnt true.That is the excuse losers in a society use because they are never ready to take responsibilty for their actions.FACT:WOMEN ARE THE MAIN CAUSE OF OTHER WOMEN BLEACHING.Quote me anywhere
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Beamborla(f): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Presh900:
I admire ur intelligent arguments
I hope your signature is detached from your statement.

Thank you
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Presh900(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Beamborla:
I hope your signature is detached from your statement.
Thank you
lol...it is

1 Like

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Originalsly: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Miggs:
MEHN!!!! see fu_ck up! You really believed a man said that?Were you there when he said it?She is lying.Why is she lying?She is trying to push the blame on Nigerian women bleaching on Nigerian men and "the society" which isnt true.That is the excuse losers in a society use because they are never ready to take responsibilty for their actions.FACT:WOMEN ARE THE MAIN CAUSE OF OTHER WOMEN BLEACHING.Quote me anywhere
Bro... so you know for a fact she is lying? If you never heard guys made such statements and worse you need to widen your social base. I've already reasoned with her why women bleach. If you have a point to make... lay it out without the dramatics.
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Miggs(m): 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
Bro... so you know for a fact she is lying? If you never heard guys made such statements and worse you need to widen your social base I've already reasoned with her why women bleach. If you have a point to make... lay it out without the dramatics
A white knight...a freaking girl worshipper...*tsk tsk tsk**
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Presh900(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2016
Miggs:
A white knight...a freaking girl worshipper...*tsk tsk tsk**
Re: When Girls Bleach.. by chigoizie7(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2016
Beamborla:
They bleach because black is beautiful only in words and not action. People, society and majority of men have a painful affinity for the fair skin.

Everyone must not marry, perhaps, majority of our girls will still want to end up marrying someday.

The truth is guys will want to date that rough,naughty ,wild and bitchy girl, but would want to end up marrying that calm ,cool headed girl. And it brings us to ask, who will marry those ones u have spoilt? But I will ask them ladies, why would u allow ur self to be spoilt?

In the same way, they see light skinned girls attractive, but only those that are naturally fair, not the bleached type. They can manage to date a bleached girl, but certainly not to marry u. Simply because they have known the reason for your bleaching which is low self esteem. No one wants to marry a lady with low self esteem.

The choice is yours, do u want to be seen as just a girlfriend or do u want to end up being a wife?

1 Like

Re: When Girls Bleach.. by Hisduchess(f): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2016
Tiny23:
low self esteem is the major reason for bleaching...some will look so disgusting n smelly

yea is plainly low self esteem. also pressures from friends too.often times is the men that normally push this girls to bleach by comparing them with fair girls.I still remember what my boyfriend once told me when we started.he said and I quote *baby Neva ever think of bleaching ur skin cos this r/ship can collapse becos of that, I hate fake girls* though I ve Neva thought of bleaching before but those words gives me courage each time I wants to buy cream

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Cute Photos Of Paul Pogba's Nigerian Born Girlfriend / Where Are The Fine Girls Here On Nairaland? (pic) / My Everyday Crush:hauwa Indimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.