Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable (37697 Views)

Protests Against Corrupt Judges In Abuja (Photos) / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by Doyin2(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
lustychima:
seed of corruption

Everybody is not money concious like u

Am comfortable and I live by d dictates of my conscience

Not like u who live by the day

Why are you bothered?

Is it not better to be paid to write against corruption,than to be paid to write in support of corruption?

I beg who is there to bribe me, to write against corruption?

Please ,I am waiting impatiently ooo....... grin
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by clusay(m): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quothaba. Dis fool will keep telling us rule of law wen dis nonsense pipu will just eat us dry. We need action nw noy rule if law. We ar poor.ill.hungry. and u talking shit called rule if law. Nonsensee author=ificatchmodeh post=50056158]Is this still the nigeria that great activities of the 90's and 80's fought to restore democracy and rule of law?

What's has happened to Nigeria and some of her citizens?

Can't believe that the citizens of this great nation are the ones calling for absolute dictatorship., and screaming to hell with the rule of law..
This is not the nigeria I know..
Are they jinxed?

Imagine comparing our institutions with that of a first world country..where institutions ve been built with laid down rules for decades of years.
To compare with ours,that our institution are directly under presidency in power.

From efcc dss,nsa,all are directly under the president. Can we say that of developed nations that we're comparing ourselves with?

Nigeria is finished.

Some time last month..the presidency requested for emergency power tocarry out its imaginary duties, public opinion rejected it,our national assembly rejected it,the president denied it..cos we all know that such power will lead to dictatorship.

Fast forward..

They presidency has forcefully empowered itself...with the emergency power the country rejected...under guise of fighting corruption.

Now every dictator always have an excuse..for being a tyrant...which sway sentiments for them.
Buhari has chosen corruption...and the best option that he believe will instill fear..on the masses..is the rule of law..

sold corruption to his country..invade the judiciary with an unproven allegations. Slander them in public court and let his fans do the. Rest..

The rule of law has just been buried..the judicially caged..and the fans celebrates..he has gotten the power..a tyrant is gradually being given a legit power.

Now this judges..we all may agree they're corrupt..tho no prima facie evidence..all allegations.
Why not follow the process and procedures laid down by the laws..is it too hard?
Why the rush?why the criminality in the action?
No matter au corrupt a judge is..he still represents the law..and can't abscond..why not invite them..through public notices at least..why barbarism ?
And some ovasabi nigerians are hailing this..and even calling out the NBA and. NJC out..haa..this country's finished..

I weep for my country...i know many of these shouting and deriding the rule of law..bet me..have not witness tyranny ..so could hardly understand why well meaning nigerians are against this..

But maybe..there's is a purpose for all..buhari was not and never a presidential option..but they que..reformed and repackaged him.and today we're in recession and dollar is sliding more..

Maybe we allow him to be a dictator..so we will continue with our punishment..yes absolute power.

Maybe tomorrow when there is no nairaland or bellanaija..or media been censored,we will understand,cos they people must be thought au to respect the president and also loyal to the country..
There is and will always be reasons for a dictator.

Welcome all of us to the new nigeria...where democracy is under. Siege for corruption tobe fought.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by happney65: 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Is this still the nigeria that great activities of the 90's and 80's fought to restore democracy and rule of law?

Can't believe that the citizens of this great nation are the ones calling for absolute dictatorship., and screaming to hell with the rule of law..
Are they jinxed?

Imagine comparing our institutions with that of a first world country..where institutions ve been built with laid down rules for decades of years.
To compare with ours,that our institution are directly under presidency in power.

From efcc dss,nsa,all are directly under the president. Can we say that of developed nations that we're comparing ourselves with?

Nigeria is finished.

Some time last month..the presidency requested for emergency power tocarry out its imaginary duties, public opinion rejected it,our national assembly rejected it,the president denied it..cos we all know that such power will lead to dictatorship.

Fast forward..

They presidency has forcefully empowered itself...with the emergency power the country rejected...under guise of fighting corruption.

Now every dictator always have an excuse..for being a tyrant...which sway sentiments for them.
Buhari has chosen corruption...and the best option that he believe will instill fear..on the masses..is the rule of law..

sold corruption to his country..invade the judiciary with an unproven allegations. Slander them in public court and let his fans do the. Rest..

The rule of law has just been buried..the judicially caged..and the fans celebrates..he has gotten the power..a tyrant is gradually being given a legit power.

Now this judges..we all may agree they're corrupt..tho no prima facie evidence..all allegations.
Why not follow the process and procedures laid down by the laws..is it too hard?
No matter au corrupt a judge is..he still represents the law..and can't abscond..why not invite them..through public notices at least..why barbarism ?
And some ovasabi nigerians are hailing this..and even calling out the NBA and. NJC out..haa..this country's finished..

I weep for my country...i know many of these shouting and deriding the rule of law..bet me..have not witness tyranny ..so could hardly understand why well meaning nigerians are against this..

But maybe..there's is a purpose for all..buhari was not and never a presidential option..but they que..reformed and repackaged him.and today we're in recession and dollar is sliding more..

Maybe we allow him to be a dictator..so we will continue with our punishment..yes absolute power.

Maybe tomorrow when there is no nairaland or bellanaija..or media been censored,we will understand,cos they people must be thought au to respect the president and also loyal to the country..

Welcome all of us to the new nigeria...where democracy is under. Siege for corruption tobe fought.

omolola15 and o yeah supporters of Mr Demented Head Buhari..did you see this?I am not a Fan of GEJ nor will i ever be that of Buhari..Habaa..I repeat if this thing happened in the Previous Administration all hell would be let loose..You go ahead arresting people without no evidence,no warrant of arrest in a commando style and you are saying thumbs up?Abeg,since 2015,not one person has being jailed by the Buhari administration,Yet as Corrupt as PDP was,PDP Members where being sent to jail for corrupt practices and not even members of the opposition as Mr Buhari is doing..Ohh Mr Buhari can arrest Judges with no evidence,but cant arrest buratai with glaring evidence?and members of he's cabinet found wanting of corruption.He cant arrest Tinubu,Amechi and co with glaring evidence of corruption..I mean this is plain witchhunt and nothing.The Federal Government is totally wrong on this..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by delvinmaya(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
FBI and DSS are now equivalent ba? Tell me something I don't know FBI and DSS? Are you kidding me? For real? So sad

The judges are corrupt I hear them say. Whose duty is it constitutionally to arrest them? Police or DSS?

At the end of the day, I won't be surprised if these judges are released.

I know some people will support illegality simply because they feel that that's the best way to handle said "corruption" and corrupt people in the country, but then are we a country of animals without laws? Are we a civilized race? Do we not have laws to guide us? Do we think acting irrationally will get us to where developed countries are?
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Is this still the nigeria that great activities of the 90's and 80's fought to restore democracy and rule of law?

Are they jinxed?

Nigeria is finished.

Fast forward..

u are an educated illiterate or maybe a biafra suspect. how can u critisise Nigeria and commend america for the same aCT. Nigeria never had democracy; corruption was the order of the day and u never complained. now buhari is doing something noble and u are talking about democracy. we don't need your corrupt tears hypocrite. nobody will seal the media so stop making pointless points. now did u expect the DSS to send an invitation letter to those criminals? well u would make a pathetic police if that is how u would want to catch a thief. smh the way u talk baffled me. people like u shd never control our government

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by adconline(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
In the US, president doesn't disobey court orders.
In the US, the president doesn't tell the police, FBI and judiciary who to investigate
In the US, laid procedures are followed. A complaint is made and substantiated than investigation is initiated followed by a grand jury approval for an indictment which followed by granting an arrest want by a judge of competent jurisdiction. All of the above must meet " a beyond reasonable doubt" threshold of about 90% that the alleged actions might have occurred.
And most importantly, the president doesn't play any party in any of these.
That' s why Bill Clinton's appointed Attorney General appointed an independent prosecutor, Ken Starr, to investigate Bill Clinton.
That's why Bush's appointed Attorney General appointed, Patrick FitzGerald to investigate Scooter Libby who was accused of lying under oath later convicted.
That's why Obama's appointed FBI Director, Comey and Attorney General, Loretta Lynch investigated Hilary Clinton.
When is GMB going to investigate:
Dambazzu, Buratai, Abba Kyari, Amechi and co?

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ificatchmodeh: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
brosci:

u are an educated illiterate or maybe a biafra suspect. how can u critisise Nigeria and commend america for the same aCT. Nigeria never had democracy; corruption was the order of the day and u never complained. now buhari is doing something noble and u are talking about democracy. we don't need your corrupt tears hypocrite. nobody will seal the media so stop making pointless points. now did u expect the DSS to send an invitation letter to those criminals? well u would make a pathetic police if that is how u would want to catch a thief. smh the way u talk baffled me. people like u shd never control our government

Please who are you..that my opinion baffles you..do I owe you anything or must I have same view with you?
Guess you're an indomie kid..you know fit understand...na why you the misyan carelessly.
Why not invite the army to take over..and lets Bleep democracy..
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ATERI(m): 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
What American wannabes don`t understand is that, you must be seen to be impartial before you can take it upon yourself to arrest judges. Most of you working as law enforcers under Buhari are jaw-droppingly partial, cowardly and tribalistic; maybe you are because Buhari is!

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by zeitel: 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
My Only Disappointment is that DSS didnt follow up with more arrests Yesterday....

STATE OF EMERGENCY ON THE JUDICIARY BY NBA?
YES, I AGREE. BUT TOO LATE IN COMING.

THE STATE OF EMERGENCY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DECLARED WHEN:

* A JUDGE GRANTED PERPETUAL INJUNCTION ON EX-GOV. ODILI'S CORRUPTION CASE

* WHEN EX-GOV. LUCKY IGBINEDON RECEIVED A PAT ON THE BACK ON CONVICTION AND TOLD TO PAY BACK JUST N3m AS FINE. THE MONEY HE ALREADY HAD IN HIS CAR BOOTH

*WHEN THE PENSION MEGA THIEF RECEIVED A SCANDALOUS PADDY PADDY SENTENCE

*WHEN JUDGES RANDOMLY GRANT INTERLOCUTORY INJUNCTION ON CRIMINAL MATTER. ACCORDING TO THE ERUDITE RADICAL PROF. BIODUN JEYIFO, NIGERIA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT THIS PRACTICE IS DONE. NOBODY HAS DISPUTED THIS.

*WHEN SOME LAWYERS PARTICULARLY SANs WOULD FLAGRANTLY ABUSE COURT PROCESS, FILE FRIVOLOUS APPLICATIONS TO DELAY, FRUSTRATE TO NO END CORRUPTION CASES INVOLVING HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC THIEVES

*WHEN SOME LAWYERS WOULD TELL THEIR RICH CLIENTS TO HIDE IN THEIR CARS, CONTINUE TO HIDE IN THE CREEKS/DESRRT/ABROAD, OR DELIBERATELY ABSENT FROM COURT. AND THE COUNSELS WOULD COME OUT WITHOUT SHAME TO TELL US THAT IT IS NOT THEIR JOB TO LOOK FOR HIDING SUSPECTS. YET THEY KNOW HOW TO COLLECT THEIR LEGAL FEE FROM THE HIDING GHOST SUSPECTS

LAWYER RASCALITY HAS NO OTHER MEANING. CONVENIENTLY FORGETTING THAT AS A LAWYER AND AS AN OFFICER IN THE TEMPLE OF JUSTICE, YOUR PRIMARY DUTY IS TO SEE THAT JUSTICE IS SERVED FAIRLY & SPEEDILY.

*THE NBA SHOULD HAVE DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY BEYOND RHETORICS WHEN CORRUPTION CASES INVOLVING HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC OFFICERS LAST FOREVER IN THE NATION'S COURTS

*WHEN IT IS NOW A COMMON PRACTICE BY MANY LAWYERS TO HIRE ARMED THUGS TO SECURE POSSESSION OF LANDED PROPERTY AFTER A HIGH COURT RULING IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE OTHER PARTY FROM APPEALING THE CASE.
THIS TERRIBLE SELF HELP PRACTICE HAS MADE MANY LAWYERS MORE POPULAR IN MOTOR PARKS WITH THE "TUALE" BOYS THAN EVEN IN NBA CIRCLE.

A NOBLE PROFESSION CANNOT JUST BE NOBLE BY NAME OR HEREDITARY. BUT BY CONSISTENT NOBLE CONDUCT, ENNOBLING ETHICS AND PRACTICE DISCIPLINE IN ORDER TO REGULARLY WEED OUT ROTTEN EGGS.

LAWYERS AND JUDGES WITHOUT SOCIAL CONSCIENCE ARE WORSE THAN ARMED ROBBERS

YES, THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD LAWYERS & JUDGES IN NIGERIA WHO WILL NEVER BE DESPERATE TO BE SUPER RICH BY ALL MEANS NECRDSARY INCLUDING SACRIFICING THE NOBILITY OF THE WELL RESPECTED PROFESSION.

IF YOUR HOUSE IS STINKING WITH LOADS OF DEBRIS AND YOU DO NOT SERIOUSLY BOTHER TO CLEAN IT, BLAME NOBODY BUT YOURSELF IF AND WHEN "WOLE WOLE" POUNCE ON YOU.

LAWYERS & JUDICIARY PLEASE HEAL THYSELF FIRST.

May God Bless Muhammadu Buhari!
@ngeneukwenu, hmmmmmm, you are absolutely right oooo, hmmmm, but I hope one day, when the DSS and security agencies turn their attention to online media, AKA freedom of speech, you won't be in a hurry to cry fowl. It's really sad that we could be myopic in our thinking. Giving this current government a round of applause for something that would have been done in a rather more civil way is as good as you nailing us further into darkness. Those that said POWER CORRUPTS knew what they were saying ooooooo........

2 Likes

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ameh99: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
tinsel:

Nobody is hating anybody here. The manner and way of arrest is simply ugly.

What way and manner .....Now tell me if police comes to arrest you and you resist arrest what do you get...a peck on the chick or hot slap
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ocelot2006(m): 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
@ OP, the FBI is an agency under the US Department of Justice, so yes it falls under their purview.

The DSS is NOT tasked with the responsibility of dealing with erring judges. That's the responsibility of the National Judiciary Council, the Nigerian Police Force, and the EFCC./ICPC.

This comparison BTW the US and Nigeria is basically mute
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by AbuIkeli: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Are they jinxed?

Nigeria is finished.

Fast forward..

My brain no gree get talk wit u
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ificatchmodeh: 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
AbuIkeli:
My brain no gree get talk wit u

Your brain no fit comprehend..
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by edudguy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
What the hell is wrong with some people.....people aren't denying the fact that the judges are corrupt but the manner they were arrested....You say Nigeria is corrupt but when DSS wants to arrest corrupt people, you cry foul. What the hell is wrong. Must religious and ethnic sentiments be whipped up everytime corruption is corruption...No one is talking about the money recovered from the corrupt Judges, they all turned a blind eye....although these men have been invited for questioning they did not honour the invitation
If them arrest corrupt people, some will cry foul that its witch hunting but if they don't they are not doing their jobs...
Be damned if you do....be damned if you don't

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by efilefun(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
lustychima:
I pity those who jump on every thread to call buhari a dictator when d man is actually on a cleansing mission

Politicians care about the next election but leaders care abt the next generation»»»»»[lustychima]

Buhari is a leader

Wailers should wail to high heavens

#WORD

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by adamsayannaesq(m): 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
We must learn that passively to accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, and thereby to become a participant in its evil. - Martin Luther King Jr. On this same page I campaign for PMB little do I know about his antecedents. Less than two years a government that rode to power on the crest of change whose slogan is change begin with me today....How can change begin with me? When the government is not leading the society by example? Hunger pervade the society, Job loose everywhere .since the inception of this administration every policies make is somersaulted, most of the ministers are not right peg in the right hole. I was one of those that shouted foe under GEJ but sincerely speaking human right violations under GEJ is Just one percent compare to what it is today....I believe in change but not this kind of change "the greatest injustice to any society is to keep silent in face of injustice itself " when private citizens right is been violated we run to Judiciary who do we then run to if the right of Judicial officers is now been violated "the man die in him who keep silent in the face of tyranny " The despotic attitude of PMB has become tyrannic Section 292(1)(b) CFRN spells out how to remove or discipline a Judicial officer. It is not enough to copy Ghana or USA where Judges can be arrest,trial because there laws provide for same .In Nigeria what is the position of our law? What is legal can not be illegal also what is illegal can not be legal ! The travail of these members of Bench is already settle in the case of Tawakalitu VS FRN(2013)fwlr. DSS lack the will in the first place to investigate financial impropriety . Morality cannot be legislated, but behavior can be regulated. Judicial decrees may not change the heart, but they can restrain the heartless. - Martin Luther King Jr. I believe there is need to restore sanity to our Judicial system, but that must be through a lawful means...... I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed, without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today – my own government.....The task before this government is greater than haunting than any perceive threat. Nigeria belong to all of us, those who are in government only hold it in trust.... A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus almost two years down the lane what is the legacy that will outlive this government on ground ? History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
Karl marx. Nigeria is no longer nor interested in the era of 1983-1985 . Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite! Arise oh compatriots, lets unite here is a call to obey..... If Judiciary is cripple what become the fate of a common man ? All this approach is beyond anti corruption crusade rather it is an antidote for 2019 election .Arise oh compatriots .. Adamsayannaesq

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by zeitel: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
SouthWestBlood:

You see how few your likes are? Because you wrote complete jargons up there. Stop defending corruption! If the judges were acting according to the laws of the country, there wouldn't have been any reason for the invasion of their homes.

They felt untouchable and have been greasing their hands, living luxurious life and buying estates. You guys will only wail, Buhari is 73 years old and y'all can't scare
him shitless. Sanity must be restored.
My brother, its not about the likes oooo, trust me,it's not. It's the same way few of us were shouting then about the candidacy of our president during the 2015 elections and no one listened. It's pretty obvious now why people should learn to read in between the lines. Haaaaaa. You like all other gullible ones just never learn. Do not give power to whom would misuse it or rather not know how to.
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by Blue3k(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Why bring up US in Nigerian politics. Nigeria is sovereign nation with its own laws like US. The basis for comparison ends when talking about principles and tactics not the current legality. If we want to figure out if Buhari's actions we just we read Nigeria's laws. We know judges aren't above law so they can be arrested like any other citezen. The people's main concern seems to be was the search carried out lawfully with warrants. The second questions is was using DSS against protocol. Task forces are set up for this sort of operation so that usually comproses of police though.
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by dotcomnamename: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
[size=15pt]China MP sentenced to DEATH

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/corruption-china-mp-sentenced-death/

North Carolina Court judge arrested onbribery corruption charges:

http://www.wral.com/nc-judge-charged-with-offering-fbi-agency-cash-for-text-info/15059802/

British Police arrested Judge David Tapp in corruption inquiry:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/nov/17/stevenmorris

[/size]

WAILER, how far?

2 Likes

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by nairamaniac: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
My Only Disappointment is that DSS didnt follow up with more arrests Yesterday....

* WHEN EX-GOV. LUCKY IGBINEDON RECEIVED A PAT ON THE BACK ON CONVICTION AND TOLD TO PAY BACK JUST N3m AS FINE. THE MONEY HE ALREADY HAD IN HIS CAR BOOTH

*WHEN JUDGES RANDOMLY GRANT INTERLOCUTORY INJUNCTION ON CRIMINAL MATTER. ACCORDING TO THE ERUDITE RADICAL PROF. BIODUN JEYIFO, NIGERIA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT THIS PRACTICE IS DONE. NOBODY HAS DISPUTED THIS.

*WHEN SOME LAWYERS PARTICULARLY SANs WOULD FLAGRANTLY ABUSE COURT PROCESS, FILE FRIVOLOUS APPLICATIONS TO DELAY, FRUSTRATE TO NO END CORRUPTION CASES INVOLVING HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC THIEVES

*WHEN SOME LAWYERS WOULD TELL THEIR RICH CLIENTS TO HIDE IN THEIR CARS, CONTINUE TO HIDE IN THE CREEKS/DESRRT/ABROAD, OR DELIBERATELY ABSENT FROM COURT. AND THE COUNSELS WOULD COME OUT WITHOUT SHAME TO TELL US THAT IT IS NOT THEIR JOB TO LOOK FOR HIDING SUSPECTS. YET THEY KNOW HOW TO COLLECT THEIR LEGAL FEE FROM THE HIDING GHOST SUSPECTS

LAWYER RASCALITY HAS NO OTHER MEANING. CONVENIENTLY FORGETTING THAT AS A LAWYER AND AS AN OFFICER IN THE TEMPLE OF JUSTICE, YOUR PRIMARY DUTY IS TO SEE THAT JUSTICE IS SERVED FAIRLY & SPEEDILY.

*THE NBA SHOULD HAVE DECLARED A STATE OF EMERGENCY BEYOND RHETORICS WHEN CORRUPTION CASES INVOLVING HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC OFFICERS LAST FOREVER IN THE NATION'S COURTS

*WHEN IT IS NOW A COMMON PRACTICE BY MANY LAWYERS TO HIRE ARMED THUGS TO SECURE POSSESSION OF LANDED PROPERTY AFTER A HIGH COURT RULING IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE OTHER PARTY FROM APPEALING THE CASE.
THIS TERRIBLE SELF HELP PRACTICE HAS MADE MANY LAWYERS MORE POPULAR IN MOTOR PARKS WITH THE "TUALE" BOYS THAN EVEN IN NBA CIRCLE.

A NOBLE PROFESSION CANNOT JUST BE NOBLE BY NAME OR HEREDITARY. BUT BY CONSISTENT NOBLE CONDUCT, ENNOBLING ETHICS AND PRACTICE DISCIPLINE IN ORDER TO REGULARLY WEED OUT ROTTEN EGGS.

YES, THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD LAWYERS & JUDGES IN NIGERIA WHO WILL NEVER BE DESPERATE TO BE SUPER RICH BY ALL MEANS NECRDSARY INCLUDING SACRIFICING THE NOBILITY OF THE WELL RESPECTED PROFESSION.

IF YOUR HOUSE IS STINKING WITH LOADS OF DEBRIS AND YOU DO NOT SERIOUSLY BOTHER TO CLEAN IT, BLAME NOBODY BUT YOURSELF IF AND WHEN "WOLE WOLE" POUNCE ON YOU.

I just love youuuuuu. how I wish you were a truly a female, i would have just married you. Even if you are the fat lady on ur dp, I wouldn't care.
Goshhh. u would live long. where d f did u dig this shiiit from? u are a genuis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by MONITZ: 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Surprisingly this is the first time I will be forced to agree with ur post, the judges were becoming something else, judgements were reserved for highest bidders, the most glaring and annoying of them were @Odili who was given a perpetual injunction restraining the E. F. C. C from arresting or questioning him,like seriously.and who does that? It sounds so ridiculous that u get ashamed being a Nigerian.......,@ Igbinedion who all he got was a pat on his wrist for embezzling billions......, and @ Maina or so who was the chairman of pension fund board or administrators...this very one was equally embarrassing, someone that stole billions and the judgement he gets is to pay a few amount of money not even up to a hundred thousandth part of his haul, I think it was there in the court that he dipped his hand into his pocket and paid the fine.

Where is Justice Mercy Awokulehin or so who couldn't see just a single charge on which to convict an accused out of about 170 count charge,she acquitted the accused on all charges and it was a new record then as it was dubbed "Naija wonder." They made us believe that when u ve the chance to embezzle, make sure u do so in billions or trillions so that all u get as judgement is a pat on the back and/but if u steal little then u must surely land in jail.

That symbol of justice that has her eyes blindfolded can actually see clearly now because Nigeria's judiciary is now preferential knowing who to send to jail and who not to send.

The only thing I ve against this operation is the timing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

[s]What's has happened to Nigeria and some of her citizens?

Are they jinxed?

Nigeria is finished.

Fast forward..

Welcome all of us to the new nigeria...where democracy is under. Siege for corruption tobe fought.[/s]

you made zero point

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by Kassidy90(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Are they jinxed?

Nigeria is finished.

Fast forward..

If dictatorship is what will heal dis country from the Cancer called judiciary, am in support 101%

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by hamingra: 11:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Are they jinxed?

Nigeria is finished.

Fast forward..

Guy park well. The fight against corruption is on track. Just for your information (I know you don't have any clue on this), the FBI, CIA, NSA, in the USA also report to the American President! So again park well!
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ificatchmodeh: 12:00am On Oct 10, 2016
PUSH1:

you made zero point

Don't expect you. To comprehend
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:02am On Oct 10, 2016
tinsel:
Where they arrested with there doors pulled down, relations maltreated and the entire neighborhood surrounded with hundreds of policemen by 1.00am? You are really working very hard to justify this gestapo style of arrest.

No, we usually kick down doors at 5 or 6am in the morning while you're asleep next to your wife (or concubine... or prostitute), detain everyone found on the premises, handcuff everyone behind their backs, conduct a warrant check, then set free everyone thats clean, not on the warrant or isn't/hasnt been observed committing a crime at that present moment. If you act up you'll end up with broken joints or maybe even a slug in your stomach or chest cavity if you become excited and are unfortunate enough to run into one of our overzealous officers with a itchy trigger finger.

You sound like a criminal , or at least a potential one (or at the very least, one that condones and has a soft spot for crime). We hate criminals where I come from. You should too.
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2016
edudguy:
What the hell is wrong with some people.....people aren't denying the fact that the judges are corrupt but the manner they were arrested....You say Nigeria is corrupt but when DSS wants to arrest corrupt people, you cry foul. What the hell is wrong. Must religious and ethnic sentiments be whipped up everytime corruption is corruption...No one is talking about the money recovered from the corrupt Judges, they all turned a blind eye....although these men have been invited for questioning they did not honour the invitation
If them arrest corrupt people, some will cry foul that its witch hunting but if they don't they are not doing their jobs...
Be damned if you do....be damned if you don't

Nigerians are corrupt as hell. Probably the country with the nastiest minded people I was ever posted to. For every 1 good Nigerian, I ran into 500-1000 horribly behaved ones.
Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by lala5yuru: 12:21am On Oct 10, 2016
On January 31, 2013, the FBI
arrested nine judges for
“conspiracy to commit wire and
mail fraud, wire fraud, mail
fraud, perjury, making false
statements to the FBI, and aiding
and abettin....

From your quote,it was after the judges made false statements to the FBI,that there were arrested but not at 1.00am and pulling down their gates and doors.My question to this writer is ;Has the DSs received false statements from these judges

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by urchmanx(m): 12:30am On Oct 10, 2016
#Copied...

1) Search Warrants are executed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM except on weekends.
2) Search Warrants are valid only if issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
3) Search Warrants obtained in one State of Nigeria cannot be executed in another State excepted it is endorsed by a Magistrate or Judge equal in rank to the one that issued the Warrant.
4) Only two or three agencies in Nigeria are charged with the investigation of corruption cases namely the EFCC, the ICPC and the Nigeria Police.
5) Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and VIPs who do not constitute a flight risk are usually invited to appear before investigation Agencies.
6) The National Judicial Commission (NJC) is the only body empowered to sanction Judges and Justices found wanting in the discharge of their duties.
7) A current Governor is the Chief Security Officer of his State.
cool A current Governor enjoys immunity in terms of prosecution and the inviolability of his person.
9) The Judges in question have issued unfavourable judgements against the arresting Agency in the past, thus casting aspersions on the motive for their arrest.

ISSUES FOR DETERMINATION
1) Did the arresting Agency actually procure an Arrest Warrant from a Court of competent jurisdiction?
2) Did the arresting Agency adhere to the rules governing the procurement and execution of a Search Warrant?
3) Did the arresting Agency exhaust the option of extending an invitation to the suspects before procuring the Arrest Warrant?
4) Did the arrested suspects at any time pose the risk of taking to flight?
5) Does the arresting Agency not have people at all the land, sea and air borders to prevent an escape of the suspects?
6) Did the arresting Agency at any time write a letter to the National Judicial Commission (NJC) highlighting the offences committed by the suspects and demanding their release for an interview?

This Court reserves judgement in this matter. I will rise.

- Nonny Kelly

1 Like

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by LastProphet: 12:32am On Oct 10, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Are they jinxed?

Nigeria is finished.

Fast forward..

Thieves are now the new democrats all thanks to misguided apes like u

3 Likes

Re: Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable by MONITZ: 12:33am On Oct 10, 2016
warrah:
This was how Mugabe started by disregarding the rule of law in his dealings with white farmers, judges and political opponents in the name of fighting corruption. Zimbabweans were praising him then, till he became a monster that has been ruling in Zimbabwe for decades.....Zimbabweans are suffering but all institutions that can checkmate their president has been destroyed

@op, Nigeria is too big and complicated for one man to toss around the way he likes, reason being that the "lions " in this country are much and strong, ask yourself why: Abacha was unable to transmute into a civilian president,...... I. B. B couldn't complete his dreams of ruling forever, Obasanjo couldn't push his third term agenda thru, and more recently an incumbent lost an election for the first time in Nigeria?

It's simply because there re some power brokers who actually call the shots and the president dare not move against them if not they will make the country ungovernable for him, like Boko Haram did to Jona.

They ve boys in every sector of the country, they can sabotage an unyielding president if they decide to, so it's actually more complex than u think,the president has absolute powers bt there re still some very big fish that he can't mess with lest he wants total anarchy in his government and this is a fact the president knows too well.

This is the main reason I am not swayed by the cries of tyranny looming, because I know before it gets to that stage if actually it would, serious means to curtail it would ve arisen. Abacha did worse bt where is he today? Nigeria is not like other African countries where a man or his dynasty will be in power for donkey years,a " solution" will surely will be devised u can quote me on this anywhere and anytime .By time the big fish re done with such a president, nobody will tell him to relinquish power.

Just ask urself why I. B. B is still making it known that he doesn't still like Buhari despite being president?Or u think Bubu will move against him for that? Nope he won't because the day he tries a thing like that ,it will signal the beginning of the end of his presidency, It might interest u to know that Uncle Jona lost the polling unit within the precincts of Aso Rock in the last election, I guess u know wat that means.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Kaduna For NDA Passing Out Parade / Williams Ibori Dies 4 Months After Wedding (James Ibori’s Brother Is Dead) / "That Buhari Has Igbo Driver And Cook & Not Tribalistic Is A Lie" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.