Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (809917 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:25pm On Feb 25
Deltamani:
Franny Lover come carry ur Baby oo
do4luv na big man sha. Baba don carry money give his babe to do BBL. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25
naptu2:
Reunion of former teammates. Oshoala hasn't forgotten the Lioness pose.
Name please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25
Deltamani:
Let the Party Begin…. I like how Ajakaye is keeping it feminine in her dressings, giving me that franny vibe….

Opeyemi Ajakaye X Esther Onyenezide with agent Alonso Sanchez.. the CEO of Vortexx Sports Group..
Esther sef... what is with the outfit na grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:31pm On Feb 25
mostob:
Name please

The lioness of Cameroon and African Women's Footballer of the year 2015, Gaelle Enganamouit.

naptu2:

Nigeria defeated Cameroon 2-0 in the final of the 2014 African Women’s Championship in Namibia.

Desire Oparanozie (freekick) and Asisat Oshoala score as the Super Falcons of Nigeria beat Cameroon to win the 2014 African Women's Cup of Nations in Namibia.

Watch out for Gaelle Enganamouit's amazing shot that hit the crossbar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD17xa41Pqw

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:34pm On Feb 25
📸: 𝗚𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗘𝗡𝗦 🇬🇭

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:42pm On Feb 25
It’s a shame that we would likely have to rely on someone’s Facebook “live” to watch tomorrow’s match 🤦🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Feb 25
PDPGuy:
It’s a shame that we would likely have to rely on someone’s Facebook “live” to watch tomorrow’s match
Bro.. I try as much as possible to stay clear of any discussion involving the situation of this country. It is depressing. Imagine a national team is playing an important qualifier yet there is no reliable broadcasting means. It is sad ... very sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:55pm On Feb 25
mostob:
do4luv na big man sha. Baba don carry money give his babe to do BBL. grin grin grin

Bia nwokem, Na you dash me big man,

Me wey still dey learn
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:01pm On Feb 25
🚨: Nigeria’s Super Falcons Gear Up for Epic Olympics Qualifier Clash Against Cameroon’s Lionesses Tomorrow at MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja 🇳🇬⚽

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:02pm On Feb 25
do4luv14:

Bia nwokem, Na you dash me big man,
Me wey still dey learn
You be big man o. We dey see your handiwork o grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:29pm On Feb 25
mostob:
Bro.. I try as much as possible to stay clear of any discussion involving the situation of this country. It is depressing. Imagine a national team is playing an important qualifier yet there is no reliable broadcasting means. It is sad ... very sad.

I feel you!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:36pm On Feb 25
NFF should petition CAF to permit the use of VAR for the last qualifying round, similar to how CAF permitted the system for the 2022 WC qualification playoffs. The last things we want to see, again, are wrongly disallowed goals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:43pm On Feb 25
🚨Morocco had a training session today at home as they put finishing touches to game plans with Tunisia on board in the Olympics qualifiers.

The Moroccans won the reserve leg 2-1 and they are favorites to get the game wrapped up in second leg.

#olympicgames
#Olympics
#Paris2024

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:01pm On Feb 25
Stade de Reims Babes.. Demehin & Meyong

Blessing Demehin have really developed into a Good Center Back even though she doesn’t have that intimidating physique..!

Hopefully we get to see Maureen Umeh come in very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:05pm On Feb 25
SuperFalcons 4 Generation of Goalkeepers..! Baton well Passed..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:30pm On Feb 25
Zambia seems to have a good record against Ghana..

Last 5 meeting of these two teams

11/08/2009
Ghana 4-1 Zambia

08/02/2012
Zambia 1-0 Ghana

09/06 /2012
Zambia 1-0 Ghana

06/09/2013
Ghana 2-1 Zambia

27/05/2015
Zambia 3-0 Ghana

23/02/2024
Ghana 0-1 Zambia

Games played 5 Zambia won 3 lost 2 and Zambia scored 7 goal allowed 5goals.
Ghana won 2 lost 3 and scored 5 goals allowing 7 goals in last 5 meetings.

This is Zambia first time of beating Ghana at their own ground.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:35pm On Feb 25
I wish our game would have been played on Tuesday 27th or Wednesday…28th
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:46pm On Feb 25
This is what happens when you have an NFF run by morons and imbeciles.
Its like they are intentionally doing everything possible to sabotage the team.

SA and Tanzania play their match on Tuesday, Feb 27.
Morocco vs Tunisia is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb 28.
Ghana vs Zambia is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb 28.

Nigeria vs Cameroon is on Monday, Feb 26, 2 full days after playing on Friday. Not only that, they schedule the match for 4:00pm in the hot Abuja sun. I mean, how incredibly stupid could this NFF be, for goodness sake
Deltamani:
I wish our game would have been played on Tuesday 27th or Wednesday…28th

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:11am On Feb 26
It seems Cameroonian fans still haven't forgiven Enganamouit.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 2:17am On Feb 26
naptu2:

Gaelle Deborah Enganamouit scored the fastest goal in women's football when she played for Spartak in Serbia in 2013. The goal was scored in the 3rd second of the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1wIRtdNPE0

She also played an important role in the Cameroonian team that got to the final of the 2014 African Women’s Championship, scoring 2 goals against Algeria in the group stage and a goal against Ivory Coast in the semi-final and becoming the joint 3rd highest goal scorer in the competition. She made my heart stop in the final with this amazing volley that hit the cross bar in the game against Nigeria.

She moved to Ekisltunna in Sweden in 2015 and became the highest goal scorer in the Swedish League with 18 goals. She also led Cameroon to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada, where she became the first African woman to score a hat-trick. She achieved the feat as Cameroon defeated Ecuador in their first game of the championship. Canadian fans nicknamed her “The Freight Train” because of her powerful surging runs. Cameroon got to the second round before they were knocked out by China.

She was named the African Women's Player of the Year in 2015 as a result of her exploits.

She moved to Swedish giants Rosenborg in November 2015 and she was nominated for the BBC Women's footballer of the year award in early 2016, alongside Amandine Henry, Kim Little, Carli Lloyd and Becky Sauerbrunn.

Unfortunately she suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury on the opening day of the 2016 season and it ruled her out for the rest of the season.

However, Cameroon were due to host the 2016 African Women’s Nations Cup and they were desperate to ensure that their star striker played in the competition. Enganamouit took part in the competition, but she didn’t score a single goal. Her main role was as a decoy for deadly winger Gabrielle Aboudi Ongunene (Onguene was named the player of the tournament). Cameroon got to the final and lost to Nigeria again.

I suspect that the Cameroonians brought her back to action too early and that this affected her.

In February 2017 it was announced that Gaelle Enganamouit had been signed by Chinese club Dalian. The announcement came a few days after Dalian signed Nigerian star Asisat Oshoala. That meant that the 2 players that had won the most recent African Footballer of the Year title were going to play in the same club.

Oshoala and Enganamouit became best friends at Dalian.

However, Enganamouit and Oshoala had contrasting fortunes in China. Oshoala was the highest goal scorer in the Chinese League in the 2017 season and the second highest goal scorer in the 2018 season, while Enganamouit did not score a single goal. She spent more time on the doctor’s table than on the pitch. Some people believe that the Cameroonians rushed her back to full action too early and that she had not fully recovered from the injury that kept her out of the 2016 season. She left Dalian in 2018 and signed for Avaldsnes in Norway.

Enganamouit scored 4 goals for Avaldsnes and I thought that she had found her scoring form again. She also scored in Cameroon’s 3-0 defeat of Algeria in the group stage of the 2018 Nations Cup. However, she missed her penalty kick in the semi-final against Nigeria and furious Cameroonian fans vandalised her house in Yaounde.

Enganamouit continued to have injury problems and she left Avaldsnes in 2019, ahead of the FIFA World Cup. She signed with Malaga in Spain, but she was let go soon after because she had injury problems.

She became a very controversial figure in Cameroon ahead of the 2019 Women’s World Cup. Many Cameroonian fans did not want her to be in the squad for the World Cup, but the coach stated that she had a good chance of making the team, if she performed well at the training camp.

She was the last player to make it to camp, but she was eventually included in Cameroon’s team to the World Cup. Many Cameroonian fans were furious. They said that she was injury prone and that she didn’t have any club and so she should not be in the team to the World Cup. Some even claimed that she must have paid the coach to include her in the team, while others stated that she was included because of her past performance, rather than her current form and that her inclusion was bad for young Cameroonian female footballers who would have performed better than her.

She only played a few minutes in the first game against Canada (she came on as a substitute).

She has continued to have injury problems and difficulties with getting a club and she announced her retirement on Instagram on June 6th, 2020 (her 28th birthday).

Her best friend, Asisat Oshoala, posted on Instagram that people misunderstood Enganamouit's post and that she had not retired, but Enganamouit never played again.

It was subsequently announced that she had been appointed as the team manager of the Indomitable Lionesses of Cameroon. However, she had serious problems with some members of the Cameroonian FA who tried to bully her. She also suffered a sex scandal and she resigned because of bullying from Cameroonian officials. I suspect that she might return to the Indomitable Lioness setup now that her friend, Samuel Eto'o, is the FECAFOOT president.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:38am On Feb 26
Why was Aboudi on her tippy toes in this pic (next to Onome)? cheesy
Trying to be taller than she really was? cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:41am On Feb 26
The Team is set…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 6:47am On Feb 26
Deltamani:
SuperFalcons 4 Generation of Goalkeepers..! Baton well Passed..

I wish I had a video of that point in the 2000 Nations Cup final when Anne showed the referee the stone.

She had gone to complain to the referee, but the referee told her to go back to her goal. She went back to the goal, but a big stone hit her. She picked up the stone and ran to the referee and said, "See! See!" That's when the referee decided to end the match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:09am On Feb 26
AkinDS:

I noticed same thing.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:35am On Feb 26
[quote author=naptu2 post=128647407][/quote]

I really feel for Gaelle though, she was such a weapon for Cameroon, she thought she was doing her Country a favour but never knew her Career was already at risk.. After Playing with injuries for them they still insult her till date especially because of the Sex Scandal…

I Wish her well…🙏
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:30pm On Feb 26
If the SuperFalcons can play better than what they did in the 2nd half of the First Leg, they will definitely WIN…

Re-watch the game and you will see that we played better but victory wasn’t on our side that Day.. Apart from Asisat Oshoala Miss in the game I’m still wondering why people are calling for Head. When she even had a better game than the rest of our Attackers apart from Esther who scored and her goals where cancelled…!

Look at the Photo here, when Cameroon missed a. Vance to score and the referee was Laughing… Na God go judge that Ref. She knew what she was doing. I hope the Namibia own won’t misbehave today..

Look at all the foul from the Cameroon side, she didn’t give any Card. Yango caused many foul she only warned her severally but never gave her even yellow until 83minutes when she brought down Abiodun.. The referee was against Nigeria for sure.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:31pm On Feb 26
🚨Cameroonian coach Jean-Baptiste Bisseck beaming with confidence that his team are in Abuja to win.

Says Lionesses are not afraid of Falcons and they are ready to give it a fight for the next round of the Olympics qualification.

“The Lionesses are prepared to win and make progress.”

#olympicgames
#Olympics
#Paris2024

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 12:57pm On Feb 26
naptu2:

I wish I had a video of that point in the 2000 Nations Cup final when Anne showed the referee the stone.

She had gone to complain to the referee, but the referee told her to go back to her goal. She went back to the goal, but a big stone hit her. She picked up the stone and ran to the referee and said, "See! See!" That's when the referee decided to end the match.
Interesting story 😂😂✌🏽
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 12:59pm On Feb 26
AkinDS:
Onome is beautiful 😍

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.