Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,238 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801188 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:22pm On Apr 04
lovewins:

Ok. Thanks for the correction. A little difficult getting information on the Chinese league

Yeah Yeah… Very very Difficult now cause the page were I usually get update of their League from stopped Updating long ago..!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:15pm On Apr 04
lovewins:

I am not criticising the date chosen. I think the 5th is just the perfect date. My argument is that they could have planned the logistics for our players better in such a way that the last person arrives latest Monday save for persons with personal issues to attend to.

Bro u are moving the goalpost oh. Ur whole comment was about the date chosen not logistics. That being said of course I would want the NFF to get our players here on time but I can't speak on what I have no proof of. U don't know all the other flights that were available so what u are doing is guess work.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:27pm On Apr 04
BascoVanVeli:

Bro u are moving the goalpost oh. Ur whole comment was about the date chosen not logistics. That being said of course I would want the NFF to get our players here on time but I can't speak on what I have no proof of. U don't know all the other flights that were available so what u are doing is guess work.

I think you're the one missing the point. Read the exchange from where it started, no where did I remotely suggest I had an issue with the date.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:50pm On Apr 04
lovewins:

I think you're the one missing the point. Read the exchange from where it started, no where did I remotely suggest I had an issue with the date.

I replied to this post and u said nothing about logistics. This is why I said u were moving the goalpost.

lovewins:

This isn't correct. FAs determine when they when they play within a window even though CAF/FIFA ratifies. There were rumours NFF had initially chosen 2nd of April for the first leg, I remember Deltamani raised the alarm here and many other persons did before there was an intervention at the NFF. Also the Morroco Vs Zambia example won't suffice since I can easily bring up difference in dates in the last qualifying round. We played Cameron 23rd of February in the first leg and chose 26th for the return leg in Abuja when other teams in Africa chose 27th and 28th to play. They did same thing for the Super Eagles. Again this isn't the first time it's happening.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 4:03pm On Apr 04
Deltamani:
Memories

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇳🇬 A spot in the Quarter-finals was on the line between England & Nigeria... The English Side Luckily took it on Penalty Shootout..

Hope the SuperFalcons Step up when it matters most against SA🇿🇦

Whenever I re-watch this Particular Game I still feel some sort of what I can’t describe inside of me…!😢
#FIFAWWC
Nigeria didn’t take their chances, the forwards should be ruthless next time
Possession means nothing, results do
Woulda, coulda, shoudda
South Africa really played well against super eagles from minute 70 but guess what our players were solid in the shootout
England were better
They took really decent penalties
Hopefully falcons win the next set of penalties they take.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:06pm On Apr 04
Deltamani:

NFF did Contributed to the SuperFalcons lose of Momentum especially the break they gave Randy Negotiating Contract while Justin Madugu was in charge..

What NFF would have possibly done was to retain the whole Coaching Crew that worked with the team at the World Cup, Terry the Game reader and Match Analyst is not even with the team right now as I know too well that he also Contributed a lot to the team Performance!
na Erisco Syndrome dey worry them. Ego over Business.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:34pm On Apr 04
About Erisco , one thing is to review a product but it's something else when you throw an accusation around without evidence
daveP:
na Erisco Syndrome dey worry them. Ego over Business.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:39pm On Apr 04
BascoVanVeli:

I replied to this post and u said nothing about logistics. This is why I said u were moving the goalpost.

And I was replying to your own post that implied FAs aren't in charge of scheduling and you used the fact that our game with Zambia holding on the same day as premise. You were the one who brought up scheduling not me. I only corrected your assertion using the last window as an example. It had no bearing on the conversation we've had on the subject prior to that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:43pm On Apr 04
isan:
About Erisco , one thing is to review a product but it's something else when you throw an accusation around without evidence

What accusation exactly? We shouldn't be seen to side with an oppressor please. The same Erisco had a few years ago used the "killed" language to describe how competitor. No one would have thought he meant it literally. And even if Chioma did, she is factually correct. Doesn't sugar kill? The data shows an outrageous growth in diabetic diseases in Nigeria. So factually she is also correct.

The funny part of all this is that Chioma isn't even an influencer, maybe 50 people or less saw that post. The only reason the whole world is privy to it now is because Erisco made a big deal of it. Now he's made a mockery of his company and I'm 100% sure she isn't going to jail for this. So it's a lose lose for him at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:45pm On Apr 04
isan:
You sha get my point abi? Make we no enter long matter😀😀
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:00pm On Apr 04
lovewins:

And I was replying to your own post that implied FAs aren't in charge of scheduling and you used the fact that our game with Zambia holding on the same day as premise. You were the one who brought up scheduling not me. I only corrected your assertion using the last window as an example. It had no bearing on the conversation we've had on the subject prior to that.

Brother I was talking about this very international break and u know it. U went all around the world just to say what I said.

BascoVanVeli:

The window is from the 1st to the 9th I don't think scheduling was up to the NFF. The Morocco vs Zambia games will be played on the same days as us.

At the end of the day 9 days is just not enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:53pm On Apr 04
🚨Morocco coach Jorge Vilda has warned his opponents Zambia that his team is ‘motivated and prepared’ to qualify for the Olympics.

“The team is very motivated and very excited because achieving qualification for the Olympic Games would be a historic milestone for Morocco and I believe and firmly believe that the team is motivated and prepared,” per quotes via 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝐚 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬.

The two sides met last September in a double-tie friendly games, which Zambia won; but Vilda believes the Moroccans are ready for tomorrow’s challenge.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:33pm On Apr 04
CALM BEFORE THE STORM: Copper Queens coach Bruce Mwape shares a light moment with his Atlas Lionesses counterpart Jorge Vilda at Levy Mwanawasa stadium in Ndola. Zambia and Morocco meet in the first leg of the Paris 2024 Olympic final round qualifier at 19h00 on Friday.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:42pm On Apr 04
Super Falcons arrive for their last training session ahead of the crucial Olympic qualifier against South Africa. 🔥🇳🇬

https:///poojamedia/status/1775943865540714620?s=46
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:45pm On Apr 04
Bayana Bayana of South Africa 🇿🇦 at the final training session ahead of their clash with Super Falcons in Abuja...

https:///poojamedia/status/1775948520572195083?s=46
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:56pm On Apr 04
The Current Champions of Africa are ready…just crossing fingers for a good broadcast

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ekehopp2: 9:30pm On Apr 04
Deltamani:
Super Falcons arrive for their last training session ahead of the crucial Olympic qualifier against South Africa. 🔥🇳🇬

https:///poojamedia/status/1775943865540714620?s=46
this South African game, are there hopes that it'd be televised? Super Sports won't even step in? Or we'll have to rely on the usual suspects with their benevolent single camera?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:04pm On Apr 04
Randy Waldrum Pittsburgh University signed former Bayelsa Queens Attacking midfielder Celina Ottah from Jones College (NJCAA Div 2)..

A good transfer for the Midfielder as she team up with Young Midfield General Deborah Abiodun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:08pm On Apr 04
She was the Best Player in the Junior Division Last year..

Randy just Picking our Young Midfielders, I see a great understanding between her and Abiodun..

She helped Jones College women's soccer win its first NJCAA championship Scoring 19goals and 7 Assists in 15games for jones College Last season and also played for Tormenta FC of the USL W League in the summer of 2023.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:39pm On Apr 04
Deltamani:
She was the Best Player in the Junior Division Last year..

Randy just Picking our Young Midfielders, I see a great understanding between her and Abiodun..

She helped Jones College women's soccer win its first NJCAA championship Scoring 19goals and 7 Assists in 15games for jones College Last season and also played for Tormenta FC of the USL W League in the summer of 2023.
26 G/A in 15 games tho! Those are unbelievable stats 😮‍💨

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:08pm On Apr 04
PDPGuy:

Celine Ottah (22yrs) was among the Home Based Players Randy picked for the Summer Series few ago, I believe Randy probably might have sighted something in her then to have monitored her to this stage and Signed her… Our Attacking Midfield is getting set with good talents.

She’s such an intelligent Midfielder, while Playing for Jones College in the NJCAA division she combine led it with Playing in the Semi Pro League in the 🇺🇸 (Tormenta FC) which will definitely help her NCAA Career and going Pro..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:26pm On Apr 04
PDPGuy:

In her Freshman Year (2022) in the NJCAA while playing for Pork State College she Played 17games scoring 15 goals and 14 assists before transferring to Jones College for her Sophomore year another D2 team in 2023 where she Scored19goals and 7 Assists in 15games for jones College, she has moved up to NCAA to join Deborah Abiodun at Pitts University (2024)…. Thanks to Randy for Spotting this talent..

Her Goal Scoring records and Assists also showed that she’s way better than the NJCAA Div..!

Deborah Abiodun and Celine Ottah in Midfield for Randy at Pittsburgh University, there won’t be any surprises if we see her in Camp for the SuperFalcons very soon as working under Randy she will develop and also have a higher chance of Playing for the SuperFalcons but again she has Toni Payne, Onyi Echegini even Esther Onyenezide to face for a spot…!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:31pm On Apr 04
Madam Asisat Oshoala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:13am On Apr 05
Deltamani:
Madam Asisat Oshoala
2G/A on both legs is not much to ask from her, is it?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:09am On Apr 05
Deltamani:

Celine Ottah (22yrs) was among the Home Based Players Randy picked for the Summer Series few ago, I believe Randy probably might have sighted something in her then to have monitored her to this stage and Signed her… Our Attacking Midfield is getting set with good talents.

She’s such an intelligent Midfielder, while Playing for Jones College in the NJCAA division she combine led it with Playing in the Semi Pro League in the 🇺🇸 (Tormenta FC) which will definitely help her NCAA Career and going Pro..

Amazing! She would be one to look out for at the 2026 WAFCON and 2027 WC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 3:36am On Apr 05
Deltamani:
Randy Waldrum Pittsburgh University signed former Bayelsa Queens Attacking midfielder Celina Ottah from Jones College (NJCAA Div 2)..

A good transfer for the Midfielder as she team up with Young Midfield General Deborah Abiodun

What Randy is doing reminds me of 2 very successful eras in our sports.

There were some Nigerian sports administrators that attended university in the US (eg Isaac Akioye) and some retired American track stars that worked as coaches in Nigeria (Lee Evans, Ron Davis, etc). They helped to establish a system in which the best Nigerian track and field athletes got scholarships to study in American universities. This was one of the things that led to the greatest era in Nigerian track and field athletics. Nigeria was a global power house in the sprints and some field events in the 1980s and 1990s.

Clemens Westerhof became coach of Nigeria in 1989. He made it easy for some of the best European coaches (like Louis Van Gaal) to have access to Nigerian players (eg Finidi and Kanu) and he also ensured that the contracts that these players signed with European clubs benefited Nigeria (release of players for national team duty, etc). This was one of the things that led to the most successful era in Nigerian football.

I hope Randy can have similar success with Nigerian female football.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:54am On Apr 05
naptu2:

There were some Nigerian sports administrators that attended university in the US (eg Isaac Akioye) and some retired American track stars that worked as coaches in Nigeria (Lee Evans, Ron Davis, etc). They helped to establish a system in which the best Nigerian track and field athletes got scholarships to study in American universities. This was one of the things that led to the greatest era in Nigerian track and field athletics. Nigeria was a global power house in the sprints and some field events in the 1980s and 1990s.

Clemens Westerhof became coach of Nigeria in 1989. He made it easy for some of the best European coaches (like Louis Van Gaal) to have access to Nigerian players (eg Finidi and Kanu) and he also ensured that the contracts that these players signed with European clubs benefited Nigeria (release of players for national team duty, etc). This was one of the things that led to the most successful era in Nigerian football.

The track thing thankfully is still happening and this is why we've done well in track the last few years. 95% of our track athletes medalling are being developed via the US university system. Tobi Amusan, Favour Ofili, Rosemary Chiamaka, Both brumes, I could go on and on. Thank God for Making of Champions who has been at the forefront of this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:08am On Apr 05
naptu2:

All these beautiful template but they no dey draft how to maximize am to the fullest? Well i hope this Randy era is maximized well. The athletics own is paying off so so well. Favor Ofili is something else entirely right now (her block start has skyrocketed). Not to mention the others.

I join you to hope.

If any at all, the last WWC game vs England should be the benchmark of Motivation till we breakout.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:14am On Apr 05
naptu2:

Thomas Dennerby tried it too, Even Rohr tried it with The SE too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:27am On Apr 05
PDPGuy:

Amazing! She would be one to look out for at the 2026 WAFCON and 2027 WC

I don’t think it would take that Long before Randy will bring her into the SuperFalcons Midfield ooo, The Competition there is getting tougher! The good thing is she’s an Attacking Midfielder ( Toni Payne, Onyi Echegini, Esther Onyenezide, Celine Ottah etc) it’s getting better and tougher in our Midfield..

Let’s see how she and Debby develop Chemistry at Pitts, with that Understanding it will also give them another edge to play together in the SuperFalcons..!

Still wondering if it was the Summer Series that Randy Started Monitoring her from…!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:39am On Apr 05
do4luv14:

Thomas Dennerby tried it too, Even Rohr tried it with The SE too

Abeg how dem try am? We are talking development of young talents here o. Dennerby didn't even stay long to try anything. What Randy is doing whether intentional or coincidental is what I envisage for our sports. We don't have the funding for sports so outsource your young talents to where they have the facility and money to develop. Athletics have mastered the hack, next will be basketball. Women's football is where we need the US most cause they have the most robust developmental structure for women's football development in the world.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:42am On Apr 05
Halimatu Ayinde has one job today – Hold South African forward Thembi Kgatlana like she did to Lauren James of England!

The rest will be history!

You will remember James' red card was inspired by our own Halimatu Ibrahim Ayinde who kept the former in her pocket and ensured she got frustrated, looking for where to operate and met an equally solid Michelle Alozie who unfortunately had to take the malicious foul which got James a well deserved Red Card.🚫

Our Midfield Maestro has her job cut out for her and she has excelled at that role steady…

(1) (2) (3) ... (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani, Longneck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.