Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801089 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 3:56pm On Apr 05
Where can we watch the match please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05
Danielnino00:
SABC sports posted that they will broadcast the game.. but whether or not it will be streamed on their facebook and youtube pages, I'm not sure.. usually, their broadcast is quality
Thank God. Their broadcast are quality truly
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:06pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:

She was such a joy to watch in Midfield, Her Combo with Ayinde at the 2014 U20 World Cup was just too good.. Was Part of the 2016 WAFCON Winning Squad.
I think Loveth Ayila was the third of the midfield trio. Funnily, I rated her the most then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:08pm On Apr 05
Here's how our line up for this evening clash with South Africa 🇿🇦 in Abuja 📍

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:10pm On Apr 05
This is a strange line up if you ask me.... Ihezuo is a surprise starter. Could it be a tactical decision or what?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:11pm On Apr 05
Wasn't expecting Oshoala to start now, were you?

mostob:
This is a strange line up if you ask me.... Ihezuo is a surprise starter. Could it be a tactical decision or what?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:12pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:

Chinwendu Ihezuo Starting is something I never expected…. Randy is a Wonder man.! He caught us all off guard.

Ihezuo as no.9🤦‍♂️, I hope she delivers.
Nnadozie in Goal

Alozie—Ohale—Ucheibe—Okeke in Defense!

Ayinde—Echegini—Abiodun in Midfield

Ajibade—Ihezuo—Kanu upfront
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:13pm On Apr 05
TheSuperNerd:

95% of people here weren’t expecting her to Start, but Esther Okoronkwo..

Payne Sisters on the Bench too

Echegini is laying a Strong claim to the Attacking Midfield Position!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:13pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:

What!!!

Surprised, really surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:

Ihezuo starting is where I am scratching my head, was expecting Esther to start or he prefers her as a super sub.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:16pm On Apr 05
lovewins:

What!!!

Surprised, really surprised.

Ihezuo in the Starting Lineup surprised everybody ooo

She’s doing well in Mexico though, but I think Randy trying to Play safe with the arrival of both Okoronkwo and Oshoala… Onumonu had a slight knock in their last game so I wasn’t expecting her to even play either..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:17pm On Apr 05
The 1st leg of the 2024 Olympic Qualifier match between Nigeria and South Africa will no longer be broadcast on SABC due to unforeseen circumstances.

#SABCSportFootball

cc Danielnino00
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:17pm On Apr 05
Strong case is there for Esther Okoronkwo no doubt but anyone starting between her or Ihezuo is almost same to me. Both can do the job. Oshoala is the big gun but arriving late certainly will see her play super Sub today.

For me, it's a fair lineup. Also glad to see Waldrum's boldness in moving Ucheibe deeper into the CB role pairing Ohale.

Echegini starting is also no surprise to me. You cannot leave that wicked form on the bench in a game like this. Toni Payne on the bench speaks more of the quality that has been added to this team post-WWC.

Deltamani:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05
TheSuperNerd:

Not even Oshoala. Starting her ahead of Esther and Babajide is a big surprise.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05
Ucheibe, Ayinde, Abiodun all in the same game. This is Sparta!!!!! I expect that middle to be too choked and hot for the SA ladies to handle.

This Triple Prime Energy in the middle for us from CB to Midfield. Badass. Hope it pays off today abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:21pm On Apr 05
South Africa Line Up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05
Link to watch the game please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:24pm On Apr 05
mostob:

Babajide from the Flank is better, I believe she will come in for Kanu… Kanu currently with 3goals in the NWSL plays from the Left Wing and sometimes drift to the Right… The Left Wing have been her favorite position since U17 days if you follow her game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05
Naaah, no way Babajide was gonna start this game in attack. Case is there for Esther but then Ihezuo is just as good or close enough. I think it's okay. Either of them starting is fine for me.

Esther off the bench alongside Oshoala is extra weaponry that can still swing things our way.

mostob:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:27pm On Apr 05
Today is the day for Ihezuo to change the mind of sceptics like me. Deliver biko

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05
Jermaine and Thembi were obviously gonna start in a twin attack. Thanks Goodness Ohale is fit for this. Alongside Ucheibe's energy, intensity, and tactical awareness, I expect the SA attackers to not have it easy against us in our defensive third.

Also, the midfield of Linda and Jane are technically good but will meet a great match in the technical proficiency and physical intensity of Deborah Abiodun and Halimatu Ayinde. Add Echegini to the mix and we have a lass who will likely give us an extra edge through the middle and in attack as a late runner into the box.

Deltamani:
South Africa Line Up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Towbaba500(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05
When is the match starting please
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:30pm On Apr 05
Towbaba500:
When is the match starting please

5pm.

In 30 minutes
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:31pm On Apr 05
TheSuperNerd:
Jermaime and Thembi were obviously gonna start in a twin attack. Thanks Goodness Ohale is fit for this. Alongside Ucheibe's energy, intensity, and tactical awareness, I expect the SA attackers to not have it easy against us in our defensive third.

Also, the midfield of Linda and Jane are technically good but will meet a great match in the technical proficiency and physical intensity of Deborah Abiodun and Halimatu Ayinde. Add Echegini to the mix and we have a lass who will likely give us an extra edge through the middle and in attack as a late runner into the box.

I believe we have the first leg in our hand… We should own the Midfield as Ayinde and Abiodun will clean up the mess giving Echegini more room to Popp up in their Box…

Ohale and Ucheibe should be good enough to curtain the duo of Thembi and Seoposinwe… We shouldn’t forget their Breadwinner (Hilda Magia) also…, To me their Right wing is dead already would have preferred Nicole Payne there because of pace as Okeke look heavy to me… I hope she proves us wrong today that she’s back to he usual self of 2018/19
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:51pm On Apr 05
Sorry, but not feeling this lineup at all!
This is beyond odd.
Hopefully, it would not end up in a disaster.
Deltamani:

Chinwendu Ihezuo Starting is something I never expected…. Randy is a Wonder man.! He caught us all off guard.

Ihezuo as no.9🤦‍♂️, I hope she delivers.
Nnadozie in Goal

Alozie—Ohale—Ucheibe—Okeke in Defense!

Ayinde—Echegini—Abiodun in Midfield

Ajibade—Ihezuo—Kanu upfront
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:53pm On Apr 05
What a surprise XI. shocked

Ihezuo. Abi na shotpower things due to swart or what? Physical too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ekehopp2: 4:55pm On Apr 05
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:56pm On Apr 05
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by leathalbeast: 4:59pm On Apr 05
Tight game but both teams will score!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ThePresenceWtf: 5:00pm On Apr 05
Deltamani:
Celine is a technical, dynamic midfielder who can play higher up in the team as an attacking midfielder or sit deeper and play the pivot in a Central midfield role. I look forward to watching her dictate and create the game in Randy possession based style at Pittsburgh. She will be exciting to watch and prove difficult to deal with. She is an excellent addition to the Pitts program…

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/19634368/64eb7fd35ca9590ba0d8d7bc

Player Profile:
Name: Celine Ottach
Position: Attacking Midfielder
Height: 5’5
Date Of Birth: October 26, 2002
Hometown: Aba, Nigeria
Citizenship: Nigeria
Current University: Pittsburgh University

What I noticed is that She and Joy Okonye are kinda Similar and also slightly different at the same time ( If that makes sense). Celine is an excellent dribbler, so is Joy. Both are excellent passers, but Celine is the better passer with both feet but just slightly...Celine is the better defender and can play a little deeper ( Understandable, given that she's 5'5 and stockier and Joy is 5'2 and very petite ). Celine progresses the ball through nifty dribbles and excellent passes, meanwhile Joy does her progression by driving with the ball..She's very quick, fast and has a very low center of gravity ( She can progress through excellent passes too if need be). Both are excellent ball strikers, but I think Celine just has more power. Joy can play across all front 3 positions, while Celine would be better suited in any midfield position not name DM.

Both are highly intelligent footballers, their game IQ is off the roofs, but Joy 🤩 ...how is she able to do the things she does at that size? she's just marvelous.

I'm just so happy that we have highly technical MF/AMFs who could all be stars and good enough for any team in the world ( If everything goes right) From Jenni to Toni to Celine, Joy, "Zidane", etc.

Our CMF looks good too... from Ayinde, to Christy, to Debbie, Elisha, Otu, Efih, Kalu, Olise and others who haven't even been given a look-in.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:05pm On Apr 05
This broadcast is am eyesore undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why do they keep embarrassing us in preparation? What's this?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ekehopp2: 5:06pm On Apr 05

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.