Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803658 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQGawByKgE

Nigeria v Korea Republic - FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
isan:
I'm a fan of every players in the team ..u are one the that should come to your senses and stop disturbing the thread with your peace efih and igboamalu

I guess you have arrogated yourself as a device which circulates air for the team. Good for you, stiff. You come across as an intellectual midget. I do not banter with ants. I suggest you buzz off my post.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We should aim for number 1 grin
Lol. We've never beaten a team by more than 2 goals at the world cup. Not sure a Swedish coach will be the one to start that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
Australia already 1-0 down. Good result for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
olapluto:

I'm expecting us to play really well , but maybe lose to France by one goal. Then we need to wait till all matches are played to see if we go through. Already, we can start predicting from today's matches. If Brazil beat Australia by more than 2 goals, then our chances improve.

I guess expectation is the key. One cannot schedule opportunity. Nigeria does not have the team for any other expectation than loss. This present Nigerian falcons do not elicit excitement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

All I know is that the woman is almost unplayable. Her graft in the middle is second to none right now. She is in such better shape right now.

From the second half of the match against Norway, Rita has been superb. Maybe DM is her calling for now. Okobi is definitely a step too slow and should be replaced in the lineup with Amarachi Okoronkwo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
Australia 0-2 Brazil.
Australia’s goal difference is now -3.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
Brazil’s goalkeeper is a hottie kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
south Africa drawing China will give us at least 50 % chance to sneak through with 3 point and -3 Spain will likely beat China or draw and Germany will beat south Africa that means we will fight for spot with Chile
olapluto:
Australia already 1-0 down. Good result for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
olapluto:

Lol. We've never beaten a team by more than 2 goals at the world cup. Not sure a Swedish coach will be the one to start that.

grin abeg that wan na joke ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
PDPGuy:
Australia 0-2 Brazil.
Australia’s goal difference is now -3.

I still don't trust Jamaica in that group.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
Uh oh..
Australia’s GD is now -2
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
Dedetwo:

From the second half of the match against Norway, Rita has been superb. Maybe DM is her calling for now. Okobi is definitely a step too slow and should be replaced in the lineup with Amarachi Okoronkwo.

You are right about Rita. She just started winning every single aerial ball and that got my attention because she is definitely not tall by our standards talk less of comparing to those Norwegian girls.

I think Okobi should be dropped for another defender. Nwabuoku will help the team in possession and also become extra cover against a pumped up French side will attack attack.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You are right about Rita. She just started winning every single aerial ball and that got my attention because she is definitely not tall by our standards talk less of comparing to those Norwegian girls.

I think Okobi should be dropped for another defender. Nwabuoku will help the team in possession and also become extra cover against a pumped up French side will attack attack.

I rooted for Nwabuoku when the team played in USA and she was a total flop. It is a surprise to me she made this present falcons. I guess she is a defensive midfielder and team has one in Rita. The team urgently needs an attacking midfielder against France. With Rita, and the new back field, I think the falcons can hang with France as long as the falcons keep them honest at home.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

All I know is that the woman is almost unplayable. Her graft in the middle is second to none right now. She is in such better shape right now.

Chikwelu have always been a top notch player right from time, she always step up when the occasion arises...
She is the only Midfielder that have impressed so well, the rest still need to buckle up..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Chikwelu have always been a top notch player right from time, she always step up when the occasion arises...
She is the only Midfielder that have impressed so well, the rest still need to buckle up..

Uchendu did enough for me in the last match. I wondered why she was taken off because she was the only one really stringing together passes. Her work rate was really good too always helping out the full back. Speaking of fullbacks, didn't seem like Ebere was avoiding being in position in the last match? So many balls were played to her side but she wasn't there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Dedetwo:

I rooted for Nwabuoku when the team played in USA and she was a total flop. It is a surprise to me she made this present falcons. I guess she is a defensive midfielder and team has one in Rita. The team urgently needs an attacking midfielder against France. With Rita, and the new back field, I think the falcons can hang with France as long as the falcons keep them honest at home.

She played as a CB at the WAFU and she did really good.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Brazil totally collapse. Now Australia have 3 points and are ahead of 9ja on goals difference. Blawdy Brazilian bottlers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
olapluto:
Brazil totally collapse. Now Australia have 3 points and are ahead of 9ja on goals difference. Blawdy Brazilian bottlers.

But that goal was offsides
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Yes. The referee was not knowledgeable. Most of the refs are not capable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jumxie(f): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Who Is The Most Unlucky Footballer Ever? Why?

There are many footballers in the world of football today, who are unlucky ,when it comes to Trophy’s winning.

The big question here is just to tell who is the Most unlucky footballer ever, and why?

The answer to this question is not far fetched as the only answer that comes to my mind right now is Philippe Coutinho.

We all know this Man? His name reminds us of great clubs out there,from the premier League to La-Liga, but he is just so unlucky.
WHO IS PHILIPPE COUTINHO?

Philippe Coutinho is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or winger for Spanish club Barcelona and the Brazilian national team. He is known for his combination of vision, passing, dribbling and bending long-range strikes

Philippe Coutinho came to lime light when he joined Liverpool, but his dreams of winning the Big league UEFA champions League never came to reality when he was in England.

He searched for greener pasture, this made him to join Barcelona in search of UEFA Trophy.[230 more words]
Continue reading

https://sportyleagues.com/who-is-the-most-unlucky-footballer-ever-why/

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:21am On Jun 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

No, it was not an offside because it was own goal. The Australian player who was offside has nothing to do with the score.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Dedetwo:

No, it was not an offside because it was own goal. The Australian player who was offside has nothing to do with the score.

The player was stopping the ball from getting to her. That was terrible interpretation of the game IMO.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jamaica proved how untrustworthy they are grin

Them and Thailand are the whipping girls in this world cup

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
Cameroon really being cheated by this Australian ref. Unbelievable bias that even TV replays are showing fouls upon fouls going unpunished. Luckily, Cameroon is still in the game 1-1 at half time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
After almost all 2nd round matches, I think our chances are high to go through. As long as we dont lose to France by more than 1 goal, we will almost certainly qualify on 3 points and -2 goals difference.

The four teams likely to go through are> Spain/China, Australia/Brazil, Nigeria, and winner of Cameroon/NewZealand or Scotland/Argentina.

Of those teams listed,the ones most threatening to Nigeria are Scotland/Argentina and Cameroon/Newzealand. If one or two of those matches are drawn, then we qualify. If there's a win in one or 2 of the matches, then we need it to be low scoring, maximum 1-0.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by KevinDein: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2019
olapluto:
Cameroon really being cheated by this Australian ref. Unbelievable bias that even TV replays are showing fouls upon fouls going unpunished. Luckily, Cameroon is still in the game 1-1 at half time.
And the Dutch fans had the nerves to constantly boo Cameroon's no 7.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
The french coach said u shouldn't expect 5 or 6 changes for tomorrow night's game. So they will put a relatively strong team out.

Modified: she added that there won't be 4 or 5 either
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
The french coach said u shouldn't expect 5 or 6 changes for tomorrow night's game. So they will put a relatively strong team out.

Modified: she added that there won't be 4 or 5 either
Quite funny press conference. First she said she wont make much changes, then she said 5 to 6 players, then she said maybe wholesome changes.
Towards the end, she said there will be fewer than 4 changes. I expect her to make 2 or 3 changes, maybe rest her forwards. I think we will have a chance, and maybe shake their confidence a bit. We just need to keep it tight and stay at 1 goal down at worst. A draw will be automatic qualification.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by KevinDein: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
I hate rooting for the big dogs but I'm all for USA trashing chile today. I believe chile are our direct rivals for the 4 best third place teams so basically the more the damage to their goal difference the better for us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
KevinDein:
I hate rooting for the big dogs but I'm all for USA trashing chile today. I believe chile are our direct rivals for the 4 best third place teams so basically the more the damage to their goal difference the better for us.
Already 3-0 down, thats a -5 goals difference for them, so they need to beat Thailand silly to match us. I think Thailand might beat Chile actually.
Our direct rival is Scotland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.