Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803018 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:10am On Jun 18, 2019
olapluto:

Everything about that 2nd pen is a farce.
1. The new IFAB rule says encroachment or keeper off the line should not be reviewed by VAR. It is a decision for the ref, same way VAR does not check yellow cards.
2. You rightly pointed out. Nnadozie did not influence the miskick. She was doubly punished for the French poor play.

FIFA really stinks to high heavens of corruption. Damn!! Im really pissed. I dont think this team is strong enough to go on. I heard in the press conference from French Journalists that Nnadozie was crying unconsolably in the hallway and saying we were cheated. Dennerby was very angry and only answered 2 questions before throwing down the mic at the press conference. Even if we qualify, we are really broken by the way the match turned out.

You’re spot on about the mental part of the game. If Nigeria eventually qualifies, the girls may be too scared to even attempt to touch the ball when it’s between her and the opponent, fearing that the referee will issue her a yellow card.
It’s truly sickening!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:20am On Jun 18, 2019
PDPGuy:

You’re spot on about the mental part of the game. If Nigeria eventually qualifies, the girls may be too scared to even attempt to touch the ball when it’s between her and the opponent, fearing that the referee will issue her a yellow card.
It’s truly sickening!!
The first yellow Ebere got was not a yellow, the 2nd yellow was double punishment for a cheap cheap pen. Everything about officiating stinks. The same VAR guy who didnt give us anything against Norway was drafted to this match. Surely that should never happen. You cannot have a VAR ref from same confederation as one of the teams playing. They could NEVER have an Malawian VAR ref if Nigeria plays Portugal for example. Only Africans are treated this way.

Personally, I doubt we will qualify. The whole thing has been fixed. New Zealand will likely get a dodgy penalty too just to keep the 2nd round white.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:35am On Jun 18, 2019
I have been pausing and replaying that highlight. Honestly, Nnadozie did no wrong. She moved as soon as the French player made to kick the ball. She was behind the line then and only moved when Renard moved to kick. Anyone can pause play at any time, but VAR chose to pause it after Nnadozie's feet had landed on the ground. Such minor details can be interpreted in any way. The moment the VAR paused to show Nnadozie off the line, the ball was already in the air.

I am 100% sure if a good video editor pauses the frame when Renard actually touched the ball, Nnadozie will be behind the line. She did no wrong!

Damn I cant sleep, just having flashbacks to this VAR goon Danny MAKKELIE.
VAR should be for clear and obvious miss. The referee was well positioned for the pen, and she did not give it. It is easier to see contact when things are slowed down. Our mumu NFF all have figureheads. They should have rejected an European VAR ref when playing an European team.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:14am On Jun 18, 2019
olapluto:

The first yellow Ebere got was not a yellow, the 2nd yellow was double punishment for a cheap cheap pen. Everything about officiating stinks. The same VAR guy who didnt give us anything against Norway was drafted to this match. Surely that should never happen. You cannot have a VAR ref from same confederation as one of the teams playing. They could NEVER have an Malawian VAR ref if Nigeria plays Portugal for example. Only Africans are treated this way.

Personally, I doubt we will qualify. The whole thing has been fixed. New Zealand will likely get a dodgy penalty too just to keep the 2nd round white.

If anything, the Ebere “penalty” should not have resulted in another yellow card. It’s not every foul that leads to a booking. The ref could have just gone on with it. Even BBC said it was quadruple punishment for Nigeria.
With regards to the VAR, why couldn’t FIFA choose one from, say, Asia or South America? Or they trying to tell us that it was only Makkelie that was competent enough to head the VAR team?
BTW, with the way Cameroon plays, it won’t be difficult for them to concede penalties or concede through a set piece

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:21am On Jun 18, 2019
olapluto:
I have been pausing and replaying that highlight. Honestly, Nnadozie did no wrong. She moved as soon as the French player made to kick the ball. She was behind the line then and only moved when Renard moved to kick. Anyone can pause play at any time, but VAR chose to pause it after Nnadozie's feet had landed on the ground. Such minor details can be interpreted in any way. The moment the VAR paused to show Nnadozie off the line, the ball was already in the air.

I am 100% sure if a good video editor pauses the frame when Renard actually touched the ball, Nnadozie will be behind the line. She did no wrong!

Damn I cant sleep, just having flashbacks to this VAR goon Danny MAKKELIE.
VAR should be for clear and obvious miss. The referee was well positioned for the pen, and she did not give it. It is easier to see contact when things are slowed down. Our mumu NFF all have figureheads. They should have rejected an European VAR ref when playing an European team.

You’re correct on the bolded. If a referee has an unobstructed view of an incident, and decides it’s not a penalty, then it shouldn’t be a penalty. VAR should ONLY be used when a referee has missed an incident, or where his/her view was obstructed.

Now, the rule about keepers keeping only one foot on the line is one of the most ridiculous I’ve ever see in any sport. The rule unfairly hurts female goalkeepers due to their physiology. If you want the rule to stay in place, you’re better off telling goalkeepers to leave the post and allow the taker to kick the ball into an empty net.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:49am On Jun 18, 2019
Dennerby when asked about the pen: If I tell u how I feel about it they would probably send me home.

"My players are heroes......France is a good team they don't need any help winning a match."

Slams the translator and walks out.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2019
Good morning all. Still cant get the VAR incidence off my head. 6 punishments for Nigeria for an innocuous challenge.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:09am On Jun 18, 2019
I wish i had the power to send thunder to the referee who was in Charge of the Nigeria game i would have sent it to the Referee and VAR Room since yesterday����

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2019
Comment wahala

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTxnphopHTc

Nigerians react as the French football women team VAR the Nigeria super falcons 1- 0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
I wish i had the power to send thunder to the referee who was in Charge of the Nigeria game i would have sent it to the Referee and VAR Room since yesterday����
The main job was done by VAR room. Selective application of the rule. VAR says that 2nd penalty that was scored should have been cancelled and a yellow card for France player number 6 for encroaching. VAR purposedly missed that.
SIX PUNISHMENTS FOR NIGERIA:
1. Penalty
2. Ebere yellow card
3. Ebere red card
4. Penalty retaken
5. Nnadozie yellow card
6. Goal.

6 game changing punishments for a foul the referee would never have given if not summoned by VAR. I have read the IFAB rules and encroachment is the same punishment as keeper off the line.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUjgUjS89NQ

Nigerian women's team hoping for World Cup revenge against France
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2019
This is the moment JUST BEFORE the ball was kicked.
The next action after this was the ball being kicked. The keeper was preparing to jump to save the pen and the striker was ready to strike. What happens in the next frame is that the keeper jumps and the striker kicks.
Now someone can pause AFTER the keeper lands from her jump and say she was off the line. For me, Chiamaka does brilliantly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2019
This is the next frame.. The ball has left the foot, Chiamaka is still on the line.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2019
Chiamaka will grow and learn from this. She will be a tougher goalie in future, but these images pain me to the bone. cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
oshoala is out of the tournament .....if Nigeria goes through oshoala ,ebere and chikwelu will be missing who will u have as their replacement against Germany?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
isan:
oshoala is out of the tournament .....if Nigeria goes through oshoala ,ebere and chikwelu will be missing who will u have as their replacement against Germany?
Is Oshoala injured? shocked

I think Dennerby could deploy Nwabuoku in the left back position, and start Ayinde and Uchendu in the midfield. That should take care off the absences of both Ebere and Chikwelu. Then, Uchenna Kanu and Ajibade should start alongside Oparanozie in the attack.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
PDPGuy:

I think Dennerby could deploy Nwabuoku in the left back position, and start Ayinde and Uchendu in the midfield. That should take care off the absences of both Ebere and Chikwelu. Then, Uchenna Kanu and Ajibade should start alongside Oparanozie in the attack.

I think Oshoala being available is making Dennerby cheat, relying more on counter attacks and not working on any midfield strategy. We saw the same issues again with lack of completed passes in the midfield.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
isan:

Kanu, Egebe and Uchendu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
PDPGuy:

I think okeke should be moved to MF while Faith Michael comes in at RB.
As for Oshoala, kanu should slot in straight.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
mostob:
I think okeke should be moved to MF while Faith Michael comes in at RB.
As for Oshoala, kanu should slot in straight.

Faith Michael.ruled out of d competition

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
uchenna and ajibade have to play KANU is very fast and ajibade has vision and eye for goal perfect replacement for okobi.... I think dennerby is scared to unleash the young players.. if faith wasn't injured okeke would still be rotting on the bench if oluehi didn't fumble against Norway nnadozie would be rotting on the bench dennerby need to trust the young players

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
mostob:
kudos to the girls even though they were cheated, they hold on .My only regret was that we could have played like this against Norway but. ....
And pls,if at last we qualify, make I no see oshoala for starting line-up again. ...mtchew
Oparanozie too. Kalu is just wasting in the bench.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
isan:
As bad as this news is, it opens the door to a more energetic Nigerian display against Germany (if we make it). I'll just put Ordega in her position and deploy Ajibade to replace Ordega. Ogonna Chukwudi should be readying herself because its like the team is down to bare bones now.
By tomorrow night after Scotland vs Argentina, then we will know 90% if we're qualifying. If that game ends in a draw, then we should start travelling to where we will play on Tuesday next week.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
isan:
uchenna and ajibade have to play KANU is very fast and ajibade has vision and eye for goal perfect replacement for okobi.... I think dennerby is scared to unleash the young players.. if faith wasn't injured okeke would still be rotting on the bench if oluehi didn't fumble against Norway nnadozie would be rotting on the bench dennerby need to trust the young players
Ihezuo too with her pitbull strength.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
olapluto:

Ihezuo too with her pitbull strength.
She's one-legged to a painful degree.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
elyte89:

Faith Michael.ruled out of d competition

I don't intend to be mean, but Faith Michael should retire from national competition.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
olapluto:

As bad as this news is, it opens the door to a more energetic Nigerian display against Germany (if we make it). I'll just put Ordega in her position and deploy Ajibade to replace Ordega. Ogonna Chukwudi should be readying herself because its like the team is down to bare bones now.
By tomorrow night after Scotland vs Argentina, then we will know 90% if we're qualifying. If that game ends in a draw, then we should start travelling to where we will play on Tuesday next week.

I think we will have to wait till the end of the last game. Thailand vs Chile.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by fujirice: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
isan:
I don’t think Ebere will miss the next match because she didn’t receive a straight red or am I wrong?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
PDPGuy:

If anything, the Ebere “penalty” should not have resulted in another yellow card. It’s not every foul that leads to a booking. The ref could have just gone on with it. Even BBC said it was quadruple punishment for Nigeria.
With regards to the VAR, why couldn’t FIFA choose one from, say, Asia or South America? Or they trying to tell us that it was only Makkelie that was competent enough to head the VAR team?
BTW, with the way Cameroon plays, it won’t be difficult for them to concede penalties or concede through a set piece

It is the CAF responsibility to take this inhumane treatment of Africans to FIFA. CAF should demand equal treatment from World's football governing body or threaten to leave idiotic organization. I simply cannot stand the timidity of Africans on the world stage.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by fujirice: 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
Well from where I stand, France did no wrong. It was just unwholesome officiating from the officials. Right from the first time I witnessed VAR in action I never liked it for once.
Only goal line tech make sense for now.
There is too much bias and politics in that VAR

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: viciati(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.