Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794600 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:09am On Jun 20, 2019
KevinDein:
We had no business losing 3-0 to Norway. They are a better team don't get me wrong but not 3-0 better.

Yes Nigeria has business losing to Norway because the backline were made of tired legs. The injection of Okeke has created tremendous improvement on the backline. I had hoped the coach would have left Okobi and Ayinde out of the line up too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
Super falcons are absolutely buzzing in their hotel now. They believe they have qualified. I am thinking maybe Oshoala can recover before saturday now. Anyways, I am OK if Asisat does not play. We have players to replace her. Our greatest miss are Ebere and Chikwelu. Absolute engines. Ebere takes all set pieces, so we have to delegate Okobi to do that. Also, Ayinde needs to step up to Chikwelu's position.

If Nigeria luckily qualifies for the next round of the competition, Okobi and Ayinde should not even dress up as substitutes. One of the problems that engulf Africans is inability to make a drastic change.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:27am On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

If Nigeria luckily qualifies for the next round of the competition, Okobi and Ayinde should not even dress up as substitutes. One of the problems that engulf Africans is inability to make a drastic change.
Guy you can't be a coach o. With all the injuries and suspensions those 2 will absolutely start

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:34am On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

Their defensive work was top notch against France, but I agree that the must have completed less than 10% of their attempted passes.

If either of them don’t start on Saturday, I’d go with this formation:

—————————-Nnadozie———————-

————Ohale———Ebi———-Okeke———-

——-Ogebe—-Nwabuoku—A. Okonkwo—Uchendu——

——————————-Ajibade———————

——————-Oparanozie——U. Kanu—————

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:35am On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

Guy you can't be a coach o. With all the injuries and suspensions those 2 will absolutely start

You are correct. After the match, Nigerians will debate if the referee was a "racist" or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:41am On Jun 20, 2019
PDPGuy:

Their defensive work was top notch against France, but I agree that the must have completed less than 10% of their attempted passes.

If either of them don’t start on Saturday, I’d go with this formation:

————Ohale———Ebi———-Okeke———-

——-Ogebe—-Nwabuoku—A. Okonkwo—Uchendu——

——————————-Ajibade———————

——————-Oparanozie——Ihezuo—————

I cannot have a lineup without Ordega. She is an absolute baller.

Ohale———Ebi———-Okeke———-Uchendu

Ogebe—-Nwabuoku—A. Okonkwo

Ordega———-Oparanozie/Ajibade——Ihezuo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:44am On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

For me, Ordega has only had one good game - the Norway match - She has otherwise been average in the last two games.
Well, it’s understandable that she was average against France because Dennerby Parker the bus. But in the Korea match, she wasn’t that effective

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ManBeast: 1:18am On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

4-3-3 against Germany, that is if they qualify.
My own Line up.......

_______________Nnadozie__________________

______ Ohale ___ Ebi ___Okeke______

Ordega_Ogebe_Nwabuoku_A.okonkwo_Uchendu

___________ Oparanozie __________

_______U.Kanu_______

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 2:09am On Jun 20, 2019
ManBeast:
4-3-3 against Germany, that is if they qualify.
My own Line up.......

_______________Nnadozie__________________

______ Ohale ___ Ebi ___Okeke______

Ordega_Ogebe_Nwabuoku_A.okonkwo_Uchendu

___________ Oparanozie __________

_______U.Kanu_______

I like the above suggested lineup or any lineup for that matter as long as Okobi and Ayinde are not in it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:37am On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

I like the above suggested lineup or any lineup for that matter as long as Okobi and Ayinde are not in it.

On a good day Okobi would win you the Match with just one pass from her, She's is the most skilfull player in that team.
I bet you Dennerby won't risk dropping her from the starting 11 and with the absence of Chikwelu who have been the most hardworking midfielder in the tournament Ayinde will definitely start.
Evelyn Nwabuoku is the only natural DM in the squad which gives room for her to come in....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:41am On Jun 20, 2019
PDPGuy:

For me, Ordega has only had one good game - the Norway match - She has otherwise been average in the last two games.
Well, it’s understandable that she was average against France because Dennerby Parker the bus. But in the Korea match, she wasn’t that effective
Going with 3-5-2
Nnadozie to remain in goal

Ohale.... Ebi......Okeke as the 3 central backs

Ordega as the right wing back , Ayinde, Okobi, Nwabuoku in the middle with Either Ogebe, Ihezuo, Chukwudi as our Left wing back.

Oparanozie, Kanu as our 2 strikers upfront if Oshoala is absent
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 3:02am On Jun 20, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Going with 3-5-2
Nnadozie to remain in goal

Ohale.... Ebi......Okeke as the 3 central backs

Ordega as the right wing back , Ayinde, Okobi, Nwabuoku in the middle with Either Ogebe, Ihezuo, Chukwudi as our Left wing back.

Oparanozie, Kanu as our 2 strikers upfront if Oshoala is absent

If that is the line up, we should not waste the world's time to qualify, bros that midfield can not string 2 complete passes together, we will not score any goal.

Okobi and Ayinde are good players but can not play the game plan Dennerby is giving the team. They are used to free flowing ball, you can see in their final decision making. Dennerby needs to use the girls that have played longer under him, which are the younger ladies, reason why Okeke and Uchendu came in and fit perfectly into the game. If Dennerby goes with Okobi and Ayinde, I will just put off the game and see if I can win betting against Nigeria. That collection can not produce any tangible opportunity upfront.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 3:40am On Jun 20, 2019
So if we qualify, it is either Germany or Italy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 6:22am On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:
So if we qualify, it is either Germany or Italy.

I prefer we meet Germany if we qualify. Italy is a better team than Germany in this competition.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:45am On Jun 20, 2019
Nothing can stop our girls from qualifying. England won their game while Argentina drew. 'god' of soccer is a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:52am On Jun 20, 2019
I prefer Italy
semid4lyfe:

I prefer we meet Germany if we qualify. Italy is a better team than Germany in this competition.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2019
I still insist we move Okeke to MF. Ajibade should come for Okobi. Ordega and Kanu should join Desire ..Ogebe can play RB. But that LB , I don't know who sabi play there
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2019
That comeback by Argentina will hopefully have given the girls a big lift.
Some tasty match ups in next round:
France vs Brazil
England vs China or Cameroon(?)
USA vs Spain
Italy vs Nigeria or China
Germany vs Nigeria or Brazil.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

On a good day Okobi would win you the Match with just one pass from her, She's is the most skilfull player in that team.
I bet you Dennerby won't risk dropping her from the starting 11 [b]and with the absence of Chikwelu who have been the most hardworking midfielder in the tournament Ayinde will definitely start.
[/b]Evelyn Nwabuoku is the only natural DM in the squad which gives room for her to come in....

This is major problem of most Africans thus the silly idea of resting on the glories of yesteryears. I had being a fan of Okobi before now. In developed countries, the slogan is "what have you done for me lately". I had been forced to ask myself if Okobi and Ayinde are pregnant. If Dennerby will not risk bring another "Okeke" from the bench, he is equally a dumbass coach. If Africans continue to field waste pipes as players than they should quit ranting about "racism" and "VAR" in the sport.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:

If that is the line up, we should not waste the world's time to qualify, bros that midfield can not string 2 complete passes together, we will not score any goal.

Okobi and Ayinde are good players but can not play the game plan Dennerby is giving the team. They are used to free flowing ball, you can see in their final decision making. Dennerby needs to use the girls that have played longer under him, which are the younger ladies, reason why Okeke and Uchendu came in and fit perfectly into the game. If Dennerby goes with Okobi and Ayinde, I will just put off the game and see if I can win betting against Nigeria. That collection can not produce any tangible opportunity upfront.

You are spot on with above statements. I had wondered why the coach did not bring Efih, Ijamilusi. Ucheibe, Igboamalu and Opayemi to the team. The players which have kept Nigeria in this tournament are young players such as Okeke and Nnadozie.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

This is major problem of most Africans thus the silly idea of resting on the glories of yesteryears. I had being a fan of Okobi before now. In developed countries, the slogan is "what have you done for me lately". I had been forced to ask myself if Okobi and Ayinde are pregnant. If Dennerby will not risk bring another "Okeke" from the bench, he is equally a dumbass coach. If Africans continue to field waste pipes as players than they should quit ranting about "racism" and "VAR" in the sport.

I have also talked about dropping Okobi but she picked up last match and I don't think now is the time because that would basically mean the coach fielding a new midfield at this stage in a competition if we make it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I have also talked about dropping Okobi but she picked up last match and I don't think now is the time because that would basically mean the coach fielding a new midfield at this stage in a competition if we make it.
Exactly. We have about 4 outfield players not available to play. The team virtually picks itself now. We could afford to drop Okobi if Chikwelu wasnt suspended. I think its time for players like AJibade to step up and take the occasion same way Nnadozie and Okeke did.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
2 OUT OF 3 permutations favored NIGERIA advancing to the 2nd Round after FRANCE'S VAR VICTORY: CAMEROUN v NEW ZEALAND DRAW OR (1:0) VICTORY FOR NEW ZEALAND, SCOTLAND v ARGENTINA DRAW, OR CHILE v THAILAND ENDING DRAW OR AT MOST A TWO-GOAL MARGIN VICTORY FOR CHILE.

LUCKILY, ONE OUT OF THREE HAS BEEN REALISED (SCOTLAND v ARGENTINA).

COMPLEXITIES INCLUDE
A) 1:0 VICTORY FOR THE CAMEROUNIANS WITH LESS THAN 1 RED CARD AND LESS THAN THREE YELLOW CARDS ISSUED AGAINST CAMEROUN(THAT EQUATES TO CAMEROUN QUALIFYING AND NIGERIA'S ELIMINATION PENDING OUTCOME OF CHILE v THAILAND BECAUSE CARD OFFENCES WILL BE USED TO SEPARATE THE TEAMS AS CAMEROUN CURRENTLY HAS 5 YELLOW CARDS WHILE NIGERIA HAS 7 YELLOW CARDS WITH ONE DOUBLED AS A RED).

B) A 2:1 VICTORY FOR NEW ZEALAND WITH LESS THAN 8 YELLOW CARDS AWARDED AGAINST THE NEW ZEALANDERS(EQUATES TO NEW ZEALAND QUALIFYING AND NIGERIA'S ELIMINATION PENDING OUTCOME OF CHILE v THAILAND BECAUSE CARD OFFENCES WILL BE USED TO SEPARATE THE TEAMS AS NEW ZEALAND CURRENTLY HAS ZERO YELLOW CARDS WHILE NIGERIA HAS 7 YELLOW CARDS WITH ONE DOUBLED AS A RED).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Dedetwo:

You are spot on with above statements. I had wondered why the coach did not bring Efih, Ijamilusi. Ucheibe, Igboamalu and Opayemi to the team. The players which have kept Nigeria in this tournament are young players such as Okeke and Nnadozie.

Yeah, Dennerby has been in Nigeria for too long, he is beginning to have Nigerian sentiments. Using older players because of seniority. He doesn't want to just banish the older ladies, but they are already set in their ways, it is the younger girls that can be mended to play European style soccer, plus this girls need the experience and confidence because of next years Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
Cameroon come to park bus today
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
Cameroon and New Zealand are doing the Lord’s work..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by khunz: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Our qualification based on the result after this match is only guaranteed if;

1) it ends draw we qualify based on more points.
2)New Zealand win by just 1goal margin so we will have more goals for .

However if below happens, we have to wait for chile vs Thailand match.
1)Cameroon wins by 1 goal margin, cameroon will qualify though we will both have same points, goals difference and goals for based on lesser yellow cards and red card they received . Nigeria is presently on -11 based on offences while they are on -6 ,unless they receive more on this match.

2)If Cameroon wins by more than 1 goal margin they will qualify based on better goals difference

3) if New Zealand wins by more than a goal margin we are out based on card offences or lesser goal difference.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Half time:
Cameroon 0-0 New Zealand. The SF are 45 minutes away from sealing qualification to the round of 16.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
In as much as I got nothing but love for Cameroon, I love Nigeria more. Abeg make this game end 0-0. That will suck but Argentina will qualify and be rewarded for their heroic comeback yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:
In as much as I got nothing but love for Cameroon, I love Nigeria more. Abeg make this game end 0-0. That will suck but Argentina will qualify and be rewarded for their heroic comeback yesterday.

Dey might not unless if d game Thailand vs Chile also ends in a draw cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
YES! Cameroon joining Nigeria in round 2.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
Well, the wait continues....

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.