Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806481 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
If it stays at 1-0, Nigeria still ahead of Cameroon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
Cameroun in front(1:0) and NIGERIA will be praying for an equalizer or 3yellow cards to the Camerounians.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
VAR should give Cameroon a penalty there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
OOooooooooooh Cameroon had like 4 attempts at once and all were blocked
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
YES! Cameroon joining Nigeria in round 2.

Dude Cameroon might be the reason we don't qualify bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:

Dude Cameroon might be the reason we don't qualify bro.
No sir. We go to round 2 together with Cameroon. Africa United! cheesy cheesy
Chile can NEVER beat Thailand by more than 2 goals. Even if Thailand is playing with 9 players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

No sir. We go to round 2 together with Cameroon. Africa United! cheesy cheesy
Chile can NEVER beat Thailand by more than 2 goals. Even if Thailand is playing with 9 players.

I go shock you.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
Yes!!
Cameroon 1-1 New Zealand
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
YES! Cameroon joining Nigeria in round 2.

They should go so our spot can be guaranteed already. The suspense wan kee me

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by funkyjms: 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GodSaklek(m): 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

Nigeria got more yellows than Cameroon, in fact they also got red, so if Cameroon or new Zealand wins, Nigeria are out, it's 1-1, I hope it end like that,draw between them will let Nigeria qualify tonight
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
1-1 let it just stay at that. Like I said earlier, I love our neighbors but I love us more. My hope is that this Man called Dennerby unleashes the younger players because that is really what I want to see. Our chances of progressing to the quarter finals are less than 29% so at least give us an opportunity to see and assess the future of the Super Eagles and also the girls the opportunity to play on the biggest stage.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
With this result Nigeria is 180seconds away from advancing to the 2nd Round

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
Africa United grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nigeria has to wait for Chile v Thailand as Cameroun has Qualified.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joshjc(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
I don't think Thailand can hold Chile, we made too many mistakes against Norway

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jieta: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
joshjc:
I don't think Thailand can hold Chile, we made too many mistakes against Norway
when is the match
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joshjc(m): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
jieta:
when is the match
8pm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
Africa United grin grin grin grin grin grin

Africa United could end up sending us home.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
It is over, Chile will over flog Thailand, now that they know what they need to do. It is now time to actually look at our team and say the truth to ourselves and to them too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Africa United could end up sending us home.
We are not coming home tonight bro. Chile is not a footballing superpower in women football. Their best player is their goalie. Their attack is watery. I am still holding up to a Thailand win. My mind is settled that Nigeria qualified last night.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:
It is over, Chile will over flog Thailand, now that they know what they need to do. It is now time to actually look at our team and say the truth to ourselves and to them too.
O Ye of little faith. Nigeria will qualify.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

We are not coming home tonight bro. Chile is not a footballing superpower in women football. Their best player is their goalie. Their attack is watery. I am still holding up to a Thailand win. My mind is settled that Nigeria qualified last night.

Well I also feel Thailand can beat Chile so I guess I will roll with you cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by toffyz(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

Capital NO sir.
Nigeria has the worst fair play record of the four teams in contention.
FIFA uses the fair play and not the number of goals scored
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

well...lemme just support you with faith. what I know is that if score remain 0-0 till 60th mins ,we get chance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by otokx(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
We should stop leaving things to chance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
mostob:
well...lemme just support you with faith. what I know is that if score remain 0-0 till 60th mins ,we get chance
Cameroon had better chances to go through and they took it. I have seen both Thailand and Chile play, and I'm still convinced Thailand is a stronger team. Whatever happened to them against big teams is another thing, but they are not pushovers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AAA593: 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
If we qualify, the following players should fly away from the team:
Ebere- I don't who told her she's a footballer and left back. Always found wanting even in afcon matches
The captain - her case is different
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

I'm surprised you a female football aficionado posted this. Have you watched Chile in this competition?

They play out from the back, string passed together and knock the ball around very well.

Also, Thailand may not field their strongest 11 and give the other players a chance to taste action.

Chile is a far better team than Thailand and I expect them to win handsomely.

My heart wishes for a result favourable for the Super Falcons but my head & intuition tells me Chile will get their desired result.

They have their fate in their own hands.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
semid4lyfe:

I'm surprised you a female football aficionado posted this. Have you watched Chile in this competition?

They play out from the back, string passed together and knock the ball around very well.

Also, Thailand may not field their strongest 11 and give the other players a chance to taste action.

Chile is a far better team than Thailand and I expect them to win handsomely.

My heart wishes for a result favourable for the Super Falcons but my head & intuition tells me Chile will get their desired result.

They have their fate in their own hands.

No problem, Cameroon will represent Africa for us, I'm still happy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by khunz: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
khunz:
Our qualification based on the result after this match is only guaranteed if;

1) it ends draw we qualify based on more points.
2)New Zealand win by just 1goal margin so we will have more goals for .

However if below happens, we have to wait for chile vs Thailand match.
1)Cameroon wins by 1 goal margin, cameroon will qualify though we will both have same points, goals difference and goals for based on lesser yellow cards and red card they received . Nigeria is presently on -11 based on offences while they are on -6 ,unless they receive more on this match.

2)If Cameroon wins by more than 1 goal margin they will qualify based on better goals difference

3) if New Zealand wins by more than a goal margin we are out based on card offences or lesser goal difference.

We lost out on this.

The next match will determine the Falcons fate.

Result that should not happen else we are out:

1)Chile must not win by more than 2 goals margin

2) Thailand must not win by 15 goals margin.

If any of those 2 above do not happen, then we are through to 2nd round.

Let me get my chair and quietly observe things.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
Mizwisdom:

No problem, Cameroon will represent Africa for us, I'm still happy

For me, when Nigeria is knocked out of any competition, I become a neutral

There is this emotional attachment to Nigeria that I don't have for other teams.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.