Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,773 members, 7,848,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (828214 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1081) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 2:29am On Mar 31, 2018
DerideGull:

Do you honestly think that Ayinde and Onyebuchi are in the class with Okobi and Chikwelu?
You still do not understand the arguement, just read through everybody's post and you'll see what the debate is all about.
lt is about a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER who plays like Ndidi or Makelele.
Okobi and Chikwelu are not really defensive midfielders, do you get it now?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 2:29am On Mar 31, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Evelyn Nwabuoku, Osarenoma Igbinovia, Onyinyechi Ohadugha.

I have seen her once or twice play against USA and Australia, she is one of the worst players who had worn green and white for the Falcons.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 2:38am On Mar 31, 2018
Daejoyoung:

You still do not understand the arguement, just read through everybody's post and you'll see what the debate is all about.
lt is about a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER who plays like Ndidi or Makelele.
Okobi and Chikwelu are not really defensive midfielders, do you get it now?

Bros I understood the crux of the debate, which is a waste of time on assumed technicalities. What we need is a sound midfielder who can hold and distribute the ball. I am very sure that Chikwe or Okobi can handle the assignment. Chinasa Uchendu is winger and attacker but she played as a central defender than so-called central defenders in a match. A good footballer is good footballer unless he/she is one-legged player.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08am On Mar 31, 2018
Smh.... When someone jumps in without understanding. I suppose you are just here for trouble. Please do not give me unnecessary mentions. Thank you.

DerideGull:

Bros do not pay mind to Nigerians and their hidden agenda. I had wanted the The.Super.Nerd to name the heavyweight midfielders better than Chikwelu and Okobi but he/she kept writing about technicalities. If there are DMF missing on the list, they are Osarenoma Igbinovia and Tessy Biahwo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:35am On Mar 31, 2018
I suppose needing midfielders who can "hold and distribute" is all there is to midfield plays. Lol....

I wonder what happened to the art of ball winning and shielding the defence. So against France, we are expected to just hold and distribute alone in midfield abi? We are not expected to break up plays and do lot of ball winnings abi?

This is France, no.5 in the world we are talking about and we are playing two primarily attack-minded central midfield players. Unless some of us here have actually watched this French team or better still watched the Olympique Lyonnais team (the bedrock of this French team) play, then it shows some of us don't understand what is being said for the good of this team.

Nevertheless, I expect to see Rita Chikwelu take a deeper role to sit back while Okobi takes up the advanced role. They both are expected to operate as central midfield partners coz I forsee Dennerby playing a 4-4-2 against France with Okobi and Rita in the middle.
Or will he play 4-5-1 (which can switch to 4-3-3 on the attack)? Adding one more player to that midfield to make it more compact for the french? Time will tell... The friendly scheduled for Le mans is upon us.

Umotong or Ogonna Chukwudi or any other may be drafted to the midfield to make it a midfield three just for the sake of this friendly if Dennerby do not play a 4-4-2.

I insist that the midfield pairing of Okobi and Rita is lightweight because of the absence of steel in the middle. As individual players, they are among the very best we have. Very gifted midfield maestros. But even maestros like Xavi and Iniesta need their "Busquets"....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I suppose needing midfielders who can "hold and distribute" is all there is to midfield plays. Lol....

I wonder what happened to the art of ball winning and shielding the defence. So against France, we are expected to just hold and distribute alone in midfield abi? We are not expected to break up plays and do lot of ball winnings abi?

This is France, no.5 in the world we are talking about and we are playing two primarily attack-minded central midfield players. Unless some of us here have actually watched this French team or better still watched the Olympique Lyonnais team (the bedrock of this French team) play, then it shows some of us don't understand what is being said for the good of this team.

Nevertheless, I expect to see Rita Chikwelu take a deeper role to sit back while Okobi takes up the advanced role. They both are expected to operate as central midfield partners coz I forsee Dennerby playing a 4-4-2 against France with Okobi and Rita in the middle.
Or will he play 4-5-1 (which can switch to 4-3-3 on the attack)? Adding one more player to that midfield to make it more compact for the french? Time will tell... The friendly scheduled for Le mans is upon us.

Umotong or Ogonna Chukwudi or any other may be drafted to the midfield to make it a midfield three just for the sake of this friendly if Dennerby do not play a 4-4-2.

I insist that the midfield pairing of Okobi and Rita is lightweight because of the absence of steel in the middle. As individual players, they are among the very best we have. Very gifted midfield maestros. But even maestros like Xavi and Iniesta need their "Busquets"....

Coach Thomas Dennerby will definitely be playing the 4-4-2 formation with Oghonna Chukwudi playing ahead of Esther Sunday at the Left Winge, Ordega will definitely slot in from the Right.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Asisat Oshoala not released to play for Nigeria against France
By Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport
30 Mar
Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala currently plays for Chinese club Dalian Quanjian
Asisat Oshoala was left out of Nigeria's squad for next month's friendly against France because of an issue with her Chinese club where she returned late for pre-season training.
Officials of Dalian Quanjian FC are said to be unhappy with the three-time African footballer of the year winner.
"Asisat Oshoala was in [Nigeria] coach Thomas Dennerby's plans but her Chinese club was not ready to release her because she overstayed in Nigeria," a top official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) told BBC Sport.
In her defence, the former Liverpool and Arsenal striker insists she is missing the high-profile friendly to sort out her work permit in China.
Oshoala was in the original squad of 23 for the game in Le Mans on 6 April alongside Onome Ebi, Rashidat Ajibade, Alaba Jonathan, Chinwendu Ihezuo and Uchechi Sunday, who have also been omitted.
"Some players had visa and passport problems, another complained that she was unwell," the NFF official added.
Experienced quartet of Desire Oparanozie, Rita Chikwelu, Francisca Ordega and Ngozi Okobi, who helped the Super Falcons to an eighth Women's Africa Cup of Nations title in 2016, have been included.
After the friendly against France, focus will switch to securing a qualifying spot at the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations in Ghana as they aim to retain their continental title.
The biggest challenge in Ghana will be to seal qualification for the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup in France - in what could be Nigeria's eighth record appearance at the tournament.
Nigeria are the only African team to have played in all of the Women's World Cup tournaments since 1991.
However they have failed to translate their continental dominance on the world stage, their best performance coming in USA in 1999 when they reached the quarter-finals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
DerideGull:

Do you honestly think that Ayinde and Onyebuchi are in the class with Okobi and Chikwelu?
Halimatu Ayinde is in the class of her own, her style of play is very much different from Okobi and Chikwelu. She is that one touch kind of midfielder , she is a workerhic, she has got some grit, a good passer of the ball. She is quite calm and one who is not afraid to receive the ball always.
By the way Onyebuchi Goodness is a DMF and CMF player. She is still a kid at this stage, her time will definitely come but not now

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Halimatu Ayinde is in the class of her own, her style of play is very much different from Okobi and Chikwelu. She is that one touch kind of midfielder , she is a workerhic, she has got some grit, a good passer of the ball. She is quite calm and one who is not afraid to receive the ball always.
By the way Onyebuchi Goodness is a DMF and CMF player. She is still a kid at this stage, her time will definitely come but not now

It is funny to hear she is in the class of her own. What a class indeed? I guess the coach did not think her services are needed in this particular encounter.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Asisat Oshoala not released to play for Nigeria against France
By Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport
30 Mar
Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala currently plays for Chinese club Dalian Quanjian
Asisat Oshoala was left out of Nigeria's squad for next month's friendly against France because of an issue with her Chinese club where she returned late for pre-season training.
Officials of Dalian Quanjian FC are said to be unhappy with the three-time African footballer of the year winner.
"Asisat Oshoala was in [Nigeria] coach Thomas Dennerby's plans but her Chinese club was not ready to release her because she overstayed in Nigeria," a top official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) told BBC Sport.
In her defence, the former Liverpool and Arsenal striker insists she is missing the high-profile friendly to sort out her work permit in China.
Oshoala was in the original squad of 23 for the game in Le Mans on 6 April alongside Onome Ebi, Rashidat Ajibade, Alaba Jonathan, Chinwendu Ihezuo and Uchechi Sunday, who have also been omitted.
"Some players had visa and passport problems, another complained that she was unwell," the NFF official added.
Experienced quartet of Desire Oparanozie, Rita Chikwelu, Francisca Ordega and Ngozi Okobi, who helped the Super Falcons to an eighth Women's Africa Cup of Nations title in 2016, have been included.
After the friendly against France, focus will switch to securing a qualifying spot at the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations in Ghana as they aim to retain their continental title.
The biggest challenge in Ghana will be to seal qualification for the 2019 Fifa Women's World Cup in France - in what could be Nigeria's eighth record appearance at the tournament.
Nigeria are the only African team to have played in all of the Women's World Cup tournaments since 1991.
However they have failed to translate their continental dominance on the world stage, their best performance coming in USA in 1999 when they reached the quarter-finals.
for this article it shows that there was a list of 23 players calls up and five players couldn't make it due to visa or passports issue including alaba Jonathan,the six was unwell that is ajibade why not replaced them with other players
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
DerideGull:

It is funny to hear she is in the class of her own. What a class indeed? I guess the coach did not think her services are needed in this particular encounter.
Don't get me wrong, Halimatu Ayinde style of play is entirely different from Chikwelu and Okobi.
She just signed a contract with Swedish Club side Asarums IF and she hasn't been able to resume with the Club due to Visa and Work permit issues...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
The future remains Okobi and Ayinde. Chikwelu is old now and she needs to sit in front of the back 4 and control the game ala Carzola.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 3:52am On Apr 01, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Don't get me wrong, Halimatu Ayinde style of play is entirely different from Chikwelu and Okobi.
She just signed a contract with Swedish Club side Asarums IF and she hasn't been able to resume with the Club due to Visa and Work permit issues...

Is she the only player that has style of play different from other players? Nigerians need to be constructive when going public with anything. I have watched her play, at least, against USA and a sub versus Australia during the World cup as well as ply her trade with New York team. She is not a world sever. I had play Tessy Baihwo and Igbinova instead of her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:47am On Apr 01, 2018
DerideGull:

Is she the only player that has style of play different from other players? Nigerians need to be constructive when going public with anything. I have watched play, at least, against USA and a sub versus Australia during the World cup as well as ply her trade with New York team. She is not a world sever. I had play Tessy Baihwo and Igbinova instead of her.
Halimatu Ayinde is full time ahead of Igbinovia and Tessy Biahwo.. No better coach will drop Ayinde for this two Players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:14am On Apr 01, 2018
International Friendly game HT' Japan (3) Vs (1) Ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:21am On Apr 01, 2018
MS & AD Cup 2018
Goal..... Nakajima add her name to the list Japan 4 Ghana 1.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:23am On Apr 01, 2018
Sugasawa Lobs it home for the Nadeshiko 79' Japan 6 Ghana 1
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2018
FT' Japan 7 Ghana 1 14min TANAKA Mina 24min Jane AYIEYAM 29min IWABUCHI Mana 43min MASUYA Rika 48min NAKAJIMA Emi 74min TAKAGI Hikari 79min SUGASAWA Yuika 83min SAMESHIMA Aya
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:03am On Apr 01, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
FT' Japan 7 Ghana 1
14min TANAKA Mina 24min Jane AYIEYAM
29min IWABUCHI Mana
43min MASUYA Rika
48min NAKAJIMA Emi
74min TAKAGI Hikari
79min SUGASAWA Yuika
83min SAMESHIMA Aya

The gulf in class is just too much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2018
Nadeshiko... JAPAN
You know them? They are Japan's senior women national team. Just this morning, they flogged, decimated, annihilated, destroyed and pummelled the Black Queens of Ghana 7-1. The Ghanaians had a pretty good first half but fell in the second half to the powerful Nadeshikos.

Have you ever watched the Nadeshiko play? Goodness me! They are powerful, strong, fast, intelligent, clinical and skilled. Their slick short passes are a "feast for the eyes." They are a very patient side. They bring you the high pressing game, draw you out and flog you like you were a youngster.

They are not ready for long balls, no, they pass the ball close to your feet, but another problem for you is to catch the ball. Their build-up play from the back is a beauty to behold. When they start, before 20 seconds, your goalkeeper has already pulled a fine save!

O dear goalkeepers against the Nadeshiko!

Mana Iwabuchi: the former world player of the year can torment the defense and make them literally cry. Strong on the ground and petit, give her just quarter of a chance and she will punish you.

The Japanese took time to build this team for many years and they shocked the world when they won the world cup. They would have made it two world cups but Carli Lloyd and her generals from the USA stood up to them and thrashed them- O that puskas worthy goal from Lloyd! Hello Oparanozie...

Africans should learn from the Japanese. They have developmental programs for their teams, even at the age grade level. That is why they churn out great heads and legs.

One of Africa's finest websites on women football said of the Nadeshiko: "others score goals, the [Nadeshiko] score beauties."

Mercy Tagoe, the Ghanian coach should be humble now. It is not enough to beat the Falcons and win a regional tournament, this is the real test!

If you have ever seen the Nadeshiko of Japan play, you would be thrilled...what a sensation.

Wake up Africa!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
The last meeting between the Super Falcons and France was a group stage fixture at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Germany which Nigeria lost 1-0.
Osinachi Ohale,
Faith Ikidi,
Josephine Chukwunonye,
Rita Chikwelu,
Desire Oparanozie,all played against France the Last time both teams met. While
Oghonna Chukwudi, and Fransisca Ordega were unused Substitute then...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Nadeshiko... JAPAN
You know them? They are Japan's senior women national team. Just this morning, they flogged, decimated, annihilated, destroyed and pummelled the Black Queens of Ghana 7-1. The Ghanaians had a pretty good first half but fell in the second half to the powerful Nadeshikos.

Have you ever watched the Nadeshiko play? Goodness me! They are powerful, strong, fast, intelligent, clinical and skilled. Their slick short passes are a "feast for the eyes." They are a very patient side. They bring you the high pressing game, draw you out and flog you like you were a youngster.

They are not ready for long balls, no, they pass the ball close to your feet, but another problem for you is to catch the ball. Their build-up play from the back is a beauty to behold. When they start, before 20 seconds, your goalkeeper has already pulled a fine save!

O dear goalkeepers against the Nadeshiko!

Mana Iwabuchi: the former world player of the year can torment the defense and make them literally cry. Strong on the ground and petit, give her just quarter of a chance and she will punish you.

The Japanese took time to build this team for many years and they shocked the world when they won the world cup. They would have made it two world cups but Carli Lloyd and her generals from the USA stood up to them and thrashed them- O that puskas worthy goal from Lloyd! Hello Oparanozie...

Africans should learn from the Japanese. They have developmental programs for their teams, even at the age grade level. That is why they churn out great heads and legs.

One of Africa's finest websites on women football said of the Nadeshiko: "others score goals, the [Nadeshiko] score beauties."

Mercy Tagoe, the Ghanian coach should be humble now. It is not enough to beat the Falcons and win a regional tournament, this is the real test!

If you have ever seen the Nadeshiko of Japan play, you would be thrilled...what a sensation.

Wake up Africa!

Serves her right with her big mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Serves her right with her big mouth.
She thought beating Superfalcon Team B made up of mostly U20 players is all she needed to beat Top teams, that serves her right.

Coach Thomas Dennerby is coming for her oh! She should be ready to Face the Superfalcon during the AWCON.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

She thought beating Superfalcon Team B made up of mostly U20 players is all she needed to beat Top teams, that serves her right.

Coach Thomas Dennerby is coming for her oh! She should be ready to Face the Superfalcon during the AWCON.
l pray we don't get disgraced against Frances, looking at our young goalkeepers,and considering we are coming up against an almost complete French side.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l pray we don't get disgraced against Frances, looking at our young goalkeepers,and considering we are coming up against an almost complete French side.
The two goalkeepers are doing good and developing fast, especially Chiamaka Nnadozie. What they lack is experience and playing in Big games

But I hope the presence of top Defenders Osinachi Ohale, Faith Ikidi and veterans Rita Chikwelu will give them more Confidence.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
Awconq Fixtures
Wednesday, 4 April 2018
Senegal vs Algeria
Libya vs Ethiopia
Congo vs Central African Republic
Kenya vs Uganda
Tanzania vs Zambia

Thursday, 5 April 2018
Namibia vs Zimbabwe

Friday, 6 April 2018
Morocco vs Cote d’Ivoire
Lesotho vs Swaziland

Saturday, 7 April 2018
Sierra Leone vs Mali
Burkina Faso vs Gambia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2018
News courtesy of Sir Tbaba1234's eagle eyes on the Super Eagles thread says Sophia Omidiji have been invited for the France friendly too. A late call up no doubt but it is worth it.

Finally Dennerby gets to assess Sophia. Welcome to the Super Falcons Sophia Omidiji Jnr. smiley

**modified**
@Sam4Wigan (Samuel Ahmadu)

Omidiji gets late Nigeria call-up for France friendly

Ex-Nigeria U20 women invitee Sophia Omidiji has received a late call-up to the Super Falcons for Friday's friendly with France in Le Mans. She will join her mates at the Mercure Le Mans Centre as the team's camp opens today.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2018
From @NGSuper_Falcons....

Our defender @Ebere3Ngozi helped Cryprus side Barcelona FA to claim the Women topflight league title after they mauled AMOK Chrysomilia 10-1 on Sunday. With the title success, they will play in the @UWCL next season. Congratulations! Ebere #WomensFootball #Cyprus #Nigeria https:///M0y3AbVUvo

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:54am On Apr 03, 2018
Confirmation of date, time, venue and France's squad for the friendly with Nigeria's Super Falcons on April 06.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Confirmation of date, time, venue and France's squad for the friendly with Nigeria's Super Falcons on April 06.
will dstv air the match?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
Honestly Sir Maidaboi, for now I cannot say. Framce are the hosts and I know there will be local coverage there as their federation are giving their games good publicity via twitter and other social media outlets but I really don't think DSTV will cover it. I know they have viewership rights to show all Super Eagles friendly games ahead of the World cup. But I don't think same applies to the Super Falcons for now.

maidaboi:
will dstv air the match?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
News courtesy of Sir Tbaba1234's eagle eyes on the Super Eagles thread says Sophia Omidiji have been invited for the France friendly too. A late call up no doubt but it is worth it.

Finally Dennerby gets to assess Sophia. Welcome to the Super Falcons Sophia Omidiji Jnr. smiley

**modified**
@Sam4Wigan (Samuel Ahmadu)

Omidiji gets late Nigeria call-up for France friendly

Ex-Nigeria U20 women invitee Sophia Omidiji has received a late call-up to the Super Falcons for Friday's friendly with France in Le Mans. She will join her mates at the Mercure Le Mans Centre as the team's camp opens today.

I'm happy that this lady, Sophia Omidiji has been given a chance. Her time has been long overdue to join the team. The NFF has been silent over preparation for this match. Na waya oooo. If it was Super Eagles, even social media will hear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (1081) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.