Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (844202 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
We would definately miss Asisat Oshoala and Rasheedat Ajibade in this friendly.
NFF should organize more Grade A friendlies for these ladies. They need it now. South Africa and Ghana are active, why not Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
Will Super sports show this friendly?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by deecis(m): 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
Visit the Website on my signature for sure games.

Don't miss out.

Thank me later.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
People who keep hyping Sophia Omidiji either overrate her or underrate the girls in camp. Sophia is very hardworking and quite focused. However, I think for now, Super Falcons is too big for her.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
Sophia Omidiji, who just earned her first call-up to the Super Falcons, is talking tough ahead of the friendly game against on France on Friday.
Omidiji says France will be hard to beat but believes the eight-time African champions are up to the task.
“Nothing is impossible if one believes. Of course, it’ll be a tough task as France has a good team and named a strong squad but we are up to the task,” the midfielder told TheCable.
“But we are the Falcons. Eight-time African champions. We are not going to make it easy for them.
“We have a squad of amazing and talented players who are not going to France to sightsee. We are going there to prove we will be a force to reckon with.”
The 20-year-old says it is a dream come true as she’s been knocking on the Falcons’ door for a long time.
“It’s an honour to represent ones country and I don’t take it lightly. I am a proud Nigerian and intend to work my tail off to take advantage of the opportunity,” she said.
“I am happy, excited but also ready to go get to work. The journey of a million miles starts with a single step they say this is just a step.
“And I’ll continue to take more steps and work even harder to help the team succeed.”
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:08am On Apr 04, 2018
Pretty Courtney Dike and Fransisca Ordega on their way to France.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2018
Come on, don't call it hype. Call it happiness to see her finally being called up. Of course it is not gonna be a walk in the park for her. Looking at the forwards available for this friendly even in the absence of other forwards led by the Queen Herself, Asisat Oshoala tells us all Sophia is not gonna be a starter in the team just yet. Infact ahead of France 2019 and the AWCON 2018 that serves as qualifier for it... I am even almost certain she may not make the final cut unless something extra dramatic happens.

But all the same, it is just okay to have her in the fold. This is the Super Falcons... Africa's finest ever women's side. Sophia is definitely in a different big league now coz she got much to learn from the true Queens she will meet in camp. wink

olapluto:
People who keep hyping Sophia Omidiji either overrate her or underrate the girls in camp. Sophia is very hardworking and quite focused. However, I think for now, Super Falcons is too big for her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:57am On Apr 04, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Come on, don't call it hype. Call it happiness to see her finally being called up. Of course it is not gonna be a walk in the park for her. Looking at the forwards available for this friendly even in the absence of other forwards led by the Queen Herself, Asisat Oshoala tells us all Sophia is not gonna be a starter in the team just yet. Infact ahead of France 2019 and the AWCON 2018 that serves as qualifier for it... I am even almost certain she may not make the final cut unless something extra dramatic happens.

But all the same, it is just okay to have her in the fold. This is the Super Falcons... Africa's finest ever women's side. Sophia is definitely in a different big league now coz she got much to learn from the true Queens she will meet in camp. wink

OK sir. I'll let the coaches decide. But I will be surprised if she plays a minute of the friendly. Except she's in top physical shape, the training might be too much for her self. However, she's a good addition to the team.
My candid advice to her will be to join the Nigerian league so as to improve.
I do like her family though. Hardworking people. I watch Lateef's youtube a lot, and it screams of talent and hardwork.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
The Big guns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
Our six Sweden-based players - captain Rita Chikwelu, Oshinachi Ohale, Ngozi Okobi, Faith Ikidi, Ogonna Chukwudi and Josephine Chukwunonye just landed in Paris, France. They will be joined by their mates from Abuja before heading to Le Mans today.
#SoarSuperFalcons

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
Can we have more friendly matches for these ladies. You need to see the turn out for this game. The Falcons have indeed missed ACTIVE national team fixtures. The U20 Falconets also need friendlies before they go to France. NFF GET TO WORK.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
With the arrival of Holland-based Sophia Omidiji
@vegas2nl and Cyprus-based Ngozi Ebere, we now have a full house of 18 players in camp at the Mecure Hotel ahead of Friday's friendly against France WNT @equipedefrance in Le Mans.
#SoarSuperFalcons #FRANGA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by somehow: 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
But this girl small o.. hopefully her pace and footwork will lift her up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
With all invited players in camp, we will have two training sessions on Thursday before Friday's friendly with France WNT in Le Mans. Our first training will come up by 10am at the Le Clos Fleuri ground and the second session will hold at MmArena by 6pm. #FRANGA #SoarSuperFalcons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 12:32am On Apr 05, 2018
somehow:
But this girl small o.. hopefully her pace and footwork will lift her up.
_i_hope so too.....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2018
go_girl

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2018
my_baby

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:02am On Apr 05, 2018
Will the ladies wear the new jersey? Or will NFF embarass them further?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2018
All Invited Players Have Arrived The Super Falcons Camp In Le Mans

https://www.nairaland.com/4435870/all-invited-players-arrived-super#66442414

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nigeria Superfalcon training this Morning ahead of France game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
Assistant Coach Jorgen Petersson giving the Superfalcons some instructions.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Picking a 17yrs old Goalkeeper ahead of Experience and first choice Tochukwu Oluehi and Alaba Jonathan
[b]What baffled me was that Tochukwu and Nnadozie are from same club with Tochi being the 1st Choice, John 2nd Choice, Nnadozie 3rd Choice.
[/b]Then how come you pick a 3rd Choice ahead of 1st Choice.. NFF we are watching.

Most Nigerians are jokers. It shows on the developments or lack thereof in Nigeria. Thank goodness the present coach is Swedish. Invention is very alien to most Nigerians. It is going to be a friendly match after all and the two kids ( Okeke and Nnadozie) will be representing Nigeria in France sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
More Pics

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
DerideGull:

Most Nigerians are jokers. It shows on the developments or lack thereof in Nigeria. Thank goodness the present coach is Swedish. Invention is very alien to most Nigerians. It is going to be a friendly match after all and the two kids ( Okeke and Nnadozie) will be representing Nigeria in France sooner or later.
Sir what are you driving at?
I never did condemned any of the Goalie invited, what I meant was that they are inexperienced, you can't have a better hand, and abandon it for a mere one.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
thanks we need more picture
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
More Pics
we need more pic plss
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

I never did condemned any of the Goalie invited, what I meant was that they are inexperienced, you can't have a better hand, and abandon it for a mere one.
how can the young once grow if we dont give dem a chance? ...women football is won by young age mostly it not like male get it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

When is it better for the kids scheduled to represent Nigeria in France 2018 to get experience than now with this friendly in France too? It is a procrastination of criminal proportion in Nigeria with scheduling of friendly matches for kids meant to start play in August. There is nothing wrong for the coach to incorporate a fraction of U-20 players into this team readied to play in France tomorrow. It is better to take a defeat in this match than U-20 to get knockout in the early rounds of the France 2018.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Enoma222(m): 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
olapluto:
Will the ladies wear the new jersey? Or will NFF embarass them further?
_the_new_jersey
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
I didnt know NFF employed Jorgen as well. Good thing they did. He was once at Malmö as attacking coach.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
olapluto:

I didnt know NFF employed Jorgen as well. Good thing they did. He was once at Malmö as attacking coach.
The contract also enables Dennerby to come into the job with an assistant, Mr. Jorgen Petersson, another highly experienced Swedish coach nominated by Dennerby himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (1092) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.