Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (808161 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:35pm On May 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Oshoala scores in Copa del Reyna final. Already had an assist

It's the Semi Final,the final is this coming Sunday against Sporting Huelva..

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs0IGUH5FZs

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:41am On May 26, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42am On May 26, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

It's the Semi Final,the final is this coming Sunday against Sporting Huelva..

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs0IGUH5FZs

U are definitely right. I guess I typed too fast

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:33am On May 26, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Asisat Oshoala highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbP_fUIMrw

I decided to go through the comments sections of the yesterday Cup game Full game videos and highlights..

Behold, most of them keep saying Asisat Oshoala is good, She has the strength, Speed and presses very well but her First touches and finishing is still not there yet...

She really needs to work on her finishing and her first touch, with that she will be able to convert at least 70% to 80% of the chances gets...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

I decided to go through the comments sections of the yesterday Cup game Full game videos and highlights..

Behold, most of them keep saying Asisat Oshoala is good, She has the strength, Speed and presses very well but her First touches and finishing is still not there yet...

She really needs to work on her finishing and her first touch, with that she will be able to convert at least 70% to 80% of the chances gets...

They need to appreciate what is in front of them. Nobody is perfect but she had a tremendous performance
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:51pm On May 26, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

They need to appreciate what is in front of them. Nobody is perfect but she had a tremendous performance

She had an excellent performance yesterday, I was really impressed if not over impressed... The issue here is not about appreciating what they have upfront but about our own Player getting better so she can at least Compete for the best individual awards...

If Asisat Oshoala can be converting most of those chances I bet there's no way she wouldn't be in top3 strikers in the World...

The likes of Samantha Kerr, Vivian Miedema, Ada Hegerberg, Anthionette Katoto are not that better than Oshoala they just convert most of the chances they get if not Asisat Oshoala have advantage over them like her Speed and Strength, The way Oshoala presses her opposition defenders is far ahead of the rest, she needs to be more clinical that's all.. As a Striker what matters most is Scoring goals..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:09pm On May 26, 2022
Here's the game full Clip... But commentary is in Spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekqcIWmMjOw

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

She had an excellent performance yesterday, I was really impressed if not over impressed... The issue here is not about appreciating what they have upfront but about our own Player getting better so she can at least Compete for the best individual awards...

If Asisat Oshoala can be converting most of those chances I bet there's no way she wouldn't be in top3 strikers in the World...

The likes of Samantha Kerr, Vivian Miedema, Ada Hegerberg, Anthionette Katoto are not that better than Oshoala they just convert most of the chances they get if not Asisat Oshoala have advantage over them like her Speed and Strength, The way Oshoala presses her opposition defenders is far ahead of the rest, she needs to be more clinical that's all.. As a Striker what matters most is Scoring goals..

So for this discussion u are just going to forget that she was injured for almost half the season. Even at that her numbers are amazing. Especially when u consider she came into the season just healthy from another injury. That's back to back injury filled seasons.

A striker needs rhythm and continuity. Oshoala's number one target needs to be staying healthy. If she does that every other thing will come.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Excellent!.. Exactly what I keep saying.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:52pm On May 26, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

So for this discussion u are just going to forget that she was injured for almost half the season. Even at that her numbers are amazing. Especially when u consider she came into the season just healthy from another injury. That's back to back injury filled seasons.

A striker needs rhythm and continuity. Oshoala's number one target needs to be staying healthy. If she does that every other thing will come.

Injury shouldn’t be an excuse please, she’s our own we must speak the truth, She’s good but not Clinical. If her first touch were good and she convert most of those chances created for her she would have been scoring at least 50goals a season and Hermaso would majorly be a Substitute…

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:30am On May 27, 2022
Deltamani:

Injury shouldn’t be an excuse please, she’s our own we must speak the truth, She’s good but not Clinical. If her first touch were good and she convert most of those chances created for her she would have been scoring at least 50goals a season and Hermaso would majorly be a Substitute…

Funny talk, u want her to score 50 goals but missing half of the season should not be an excuse.

Please help me understand how a non clinical striker scores 20 goals in 17 matches? Like I said learn to appreciate what you have. Oshoala won't play forever.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:15pm On May 27, 2022
The rain won't stop the training....
Big 9

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:16pm On May 27, 2022
Roosa Ariyo.... Let's see what next season have for us..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:40am On May 28, 2022
Chidinma Okeke have been in Nigeria for Sometime now...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:31am On May 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
huh? I wanna ask about her but I forgot. I thought she had a serious injury sometimes ago.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:49am On May 28, 2022
mostob:
huh? I wanna ask about her but I forgot. I thought she had a serious injury sometimes ago.
Long ago and she has recovered, but as it stands it seems her contract with Madrid CFF have come to an end..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 9:33am On May 28, 2022
When Is the next camp
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 12:15pm On May 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

I"ve been wondering... She's suddenly gone aloof.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Long ago and she has recovered, but as it stands it seems her contract with Madrid CFF have come to an end..
Ok
The season has ended already anyway. Hopefully, she will get another club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:26pm On May 28, 2022
ceejayMAX:
When Is the next camp

June 18...

All Players are expected to arrive Morocco June17 and training commence immediately by June18....

Most of the Leagues in Europe ends in June 5th while the Swedish OBOS Damallsvenskan, Norwegian Women League and NWSL will certainly be on Break latest June 19 but NWSL nor da go on break 95% of the international window.

No news concerning Friendly games yet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:29pm On May 29, 2022
It was Roosa Ariyo Versus Glory Ogbonna Yesterday

Game ended 0-0

Roosa played for Real Betis Team B in the Second Division.. We would get to see her play for the main team as from next season.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:30pm On May 29, 2022
I hope Asisat Oshoala isn’t injured because she was rested in the Final game against Sporting Huelva and the way she was substituted in the Semifinals game gew days ago speaks volume….

AWCON is at the Corner, Esther Okoronkwo is already out with injury we can’t afford to lose our Ultimate Striker at this stage!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:26pm On May 29, 2022
It's a tie in Poland McLeans Chinonyerem and Kopinska scored 20goals..

Kopinska scored 4 today both finished with 20

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:27pm On May 29, 2022
Superfalcon Defender Josephine Chukwunonye..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:58pm On May 29, 2022
Superfalcon Midfielder Osarenoma Igbinovia, the mother of one is Literally one of those Players that can play any of the Midfield position very well...

I hope to see her back on the pitch very soon. At 26yrs age is very much on her side..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:55am On May 30, 2022
This strikes me as fishy…
Last day of season and the person in second place (a polka) Al of a sudden, scores 4 goals to move up top scorer list
Not only that, her name is listed first, even though alphabetically, Macleans name should be first.
Schemerkhiz:
It's a tie in Poland McLeans Chinonyerem and Kopinska scored 20goals..

Kopinska scored 4 today both finished with 20

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:14am On May 30, 2022
During Diacre's post-game interview upon losing to the USA in the QF at the 2019 WC, she stated flippantly that she never saw the USA go into a 5-back defensive block, and that inferred that the French NT is as good as the USA.... The reason that they lost was not the quality of the French players, it was Diacre's sticking to her game plan which Ellis had nullified by her multiple formations: 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 5-4-1.... Since then, Diacre over the last 3 years insulted Renard, Le Sommer and of course Henry.

Not sure why the FFF president sees in her value. Unfortunately, even if the French are eliminated in the WEUROS, a coaching change will mostly likely not occur since the WC is next year.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:15am On May 30, 2022
AkinDS:
This strikes me as fishy…
Last day of season and the person in second place (a polka) Al of a sudden, scores 4 goals to move up top scorer list
Not only that, her name is listed first, even though alphabetically, Macleans name should be first.

Wonders shall never end oooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 3:23am On May 30, 2022
Deltamani:
During Diacre's post-game interview upon losing to the USA in the QF at the 2019 WC, she stated flippantly that she never saw the USA go into a 5-back defensive block, and that inferred that the French NT is as good as the USA.... The reason that they lost was not the quality of the French players, it was Diacre's sticking to her game plan which Ellis had nullified by her multiple formations: 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 5-4-1.... Since then, Diacre over the last 3 years insulted Renard, Le Sommer and of course Henry.

Not sure why the FFF president sees in her value. Unfortunately, even if the French are eliminated in the WEUROS, a coaching change will mostly likely not occur since the WC is next year.

The France FA sticking with the coach decision is a good thing in the long run.

You can't have players running amok in the team, undermining and disrespecting the coach. It will affect the team negatively overall. The coach has to be the most powerful figure in the team and not some senior player(s). It will send a message to the rest of the players in the team about who's in charge, making others to sit up.

A certain club decided to choose their players over their coach, we all know how it ended.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:59am On May 30, 2022
Ifeoma Onumonu scored for her club

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:39am On May 30, 2022
Deltamani:

The Coach keep having having issues with the french senior players, the Federation didn't speak up when she left out Marie Katoto for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup, it was really funny picking Guavin ahead of Katoto. Its a good thing Sha that the FA are respecting her decisions it was one of the biggest ommission at the last World. The same coach is currently having issues with their experience and first choice Goalkeeper, Sarah Bouhadi, Bouhadi has insisted on staying out of the National Team till the Coach leaves, same also happened between her and Lesommer, also head she had a slight issue with Renard too concerning Captain hand band..

Amandine Henry is an all round great Midfielder, no Matter who the Coach decides to replace her with she can't give what Henry gives, but a lot of courage for the Coach taking such bold steps..

I know too well that most of the players will Speak up one ot two once she leaves the position as Head Coach
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:41am On May 30, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Ifeoma Onumonu scored for her club

I thought the ball didn't go in sef while watching, even her team mates thought the same with the way they celebrated.

The Commentator was like her team mates didn't see that coming cause the angle was so tight..

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kibbs(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.