Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,432 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (793838 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
According to @ESPN, the US NWSL (Women's Soccer League) will expand from 12 to 14 teams by 2024. Utah is reportedly one of those two expansion areas.

Other potential locations include:

⁃ Bay Area
⁃ Atlanta
⁃ Columbus
⁃ Austin
⁃ Cincinnati
⁃ Toronto
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
Super Falcons were billed to face Moroccan second tier side, AFDC (Al-Fida Association for Development and Cooperation) this evening but the match was called after the Casablanca based club failure to show up. Super Falcons switched to a 20 minute practice game instead.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:24am On Jul 01, 2022
The Senegalese Women National Team Players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
That grandma shocked
Person wey suppose don retire. Can she bark out orders during the match sef

Lauren Gregg (61yrs) is a retired soccer player who played as a midfielder UNC. She was the first-ever female assistant coach for any of the United States' national teams between 1987 and 2000, she was an interim head coach of the United States women's national soccer team in 1997 and 2000. As head coach of the women's soccer team at the University of Virginia from 1986 to 1995, Gregg was the first woman to lead a team to the NCAA Division I Final Four and to be named NSCAA Coach of the Year..

Lauren Gregg have worked with top coaches in the women's game including Tony DiCicco.
They were both assistant in the USWNT. She has handled the biggest Women National Team in the World as an interim head coach in two separate years.. (1997 and 2000)
She's very proactive. I heard her speak during one of their training at the Summer Series last year. She was very Loud and fluent.. Maybe one of these days while watching the Falcons play you would hear her Speak..

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2022
Women’s Euro 2022 Prediction: Who Will Win This Summer?

• Our Women’s Euro 2022 Prediction sees England and France as the joint-favourites.
• Germany and Sweden are both given a 15% chance of victory.
• Reigning Champions Netherlands have a one-in-ten chance.
• Spain are the outsiders among the favourites at 8%.

A summer of football is upon us, and the preparations are in full swing. Teams are trying to one-up each other with creative and impactful squad announcement videos. Some have even commissioned a song for the tournament (it’s a bop, trust us). Irrespective of the preamble, Women’s Euro 2022 promises to eclipse its predecessors.

As a football-mad country gears up to host its own carnival, the big question looms: who sits on the throne at the end? Will football come home this summer? Will Germany reclaim their crown? Will Spain finally deliver on their promise?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:19am On Jul 01, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
The Senegalese Women National Team Players.
I'm sorry if this sound offensive but CAF needs to take this thing seriously. How is that number 21 a woman?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:20am On Jul 01, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Lauren Gregg (61yrs) is a retired soccer player who played as a midfielder UNC. She was the first-ever female assistant coach for any of the United States' national teams between 1987 and 2000, she was an interim head coach of the United States women's national soccer team in 1997 and 2000. As head coach of the women's soccer team at the University of Virginia from 1986 to 1995, Gregg was the first woman to lead a team to the NCAA Division I Final Four and to be named NSCAA Coach of the Year..

Lauren Gregg have worked with top coaches in the women's game including Tony DiCicco.
They were both assistant in the USWNT. She has handled the biggest Women National Team in the World as an interim head coach in two separate years.. (1997 and 2000)
She's very proactive. I heard her speak during one of their training at the Summer Series last year. She was very Loud and fluent.. Maybe one of these days while watching the Falcons play you would hear her Speak..
alright.. thanks for the clarification
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
I'm sorry if this sound offensive but CAF needs to take this thing seriously. How is that number 21 a woman?

maybe he is a hefemale, just like you called a Lady a transgenderedgrin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
Looks female enough to me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
Spot on.
That lady is so vastly experienced in women's football, having actually coached the USWNT with the late Tony DiCicco during their dominant years. Truth is the Super Falcons are very lucky to have her as one of the coaches.
The Nigerian coaches in camp will learn a ton from her coaching methods and strategy sessions. The team also stands to benefit from her also.
She is very authoritative - like you, I also heard her speak in one session during the Summer series and she is certainly a no nonsense lady.
Schemerkhiz:

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

Looks female enough to me.
huh ... shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
do4luv14:

maybe he is a hefemale, just like you called a Lady a transgenderedgrin
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
grin grin

na there own babrosjy bab be that, but this one no do slaying, Na ball him go play cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Deltamani:

Currently between Francisca Ordega and Uchenna Kanu… Monday Gift will also come from the left…
i mean LW. Isn't Ordega mostly on the RW and Oparanozie on LW? Anyways, i do hope we utilize that corner well.

My highest fear is lack of concentration from the defenders. Then the DM aspect.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
Super Falcons Squad Numbers.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
A festival of football this summer

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
AWCON will be live on GTV....

A big thank you to Ghana for agreeing to air the tourney even though they didn't qualify

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
do4luv14:

na there own babrosjy bab be that, but this one no do slaying, Na ball him go play cheesy
grin grin
That face is too strong abeg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

A grandma with great experience of the game. She has a rich CV with great accomplishments
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
Barbara Banda has been excluded from Zambia's squad on "medical grounds". No real information provided by their FA around it... But reading through their fans comment, it appears CAF had a hand in it...
Mayber her sexuality is in question
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:
Barbara Banda has been excluded from Zambia's squad on "medical grounds". No real information provided by their FA around it... But reading through their fans comment, it appears CAF had a hand in it...

U mean her sex? Cos I don't think caf cares about sexuality.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
I did a breakdown on our goalkeepers and defenders for anyone who wants to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpeWgfy80ws

This one is on midfielders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdnqDz99-Qk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

U mean her sex? Cos I don't think caf cares about sexuality.

Oh yes.. Her sex...
The gist I got was that she's been asked to undergo surgery to reduce her testosterone level which she refused..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
High levels of testosterone?
I'm still not convinced. I believe there's something they are not telling the public again some of the fans are claiming she’s hermaphrodite.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

Oh yes.. Her sex...
The gist I got was that she's been asked to undergo surgery to reduce her testosterone level which she refused..

Well it just might be but I thought her playing in the Olympics erased every doubt. At least I wouldn't expect CAF to be stricter than the Olympics committee.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

Oh yes.. Her sex...

Chai... Kasala don burst!

I just knew there was something abnormal about her. One obvious thing is that, that Zambian team is useless without her. Kudos to CAF on this!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
High levels of testosterone?
I'm still not convinced. I believe there's something they are not telling the public again some of the fans are claiming she’s hermaphrodite.

Don't tell me you're doubting them... That lady alone can destroy any team, not because of any special talent, but because of abnormal power for a woman. Her chest is even 100 percent flat.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:
If FIFA had no problem with her playing the Olympics, then why should CAF?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
The Zambian Fans are Crying out...

FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA SHOULDN'T BE BLAMED.

People shouldn't heap blame on the football Association of Zambia pertaining to what's on the ground with one of the Copper Queens Key players skipper Barbara Banda. CAF has just been a let down and an embarrassment to the continent. Since the return of Barbra from Olympics she couldn't participate in any normal national outings and this is very unfortunate.

Clearly with speculations from people but I understand the patience that the FAZ have bestowed but with sports medical ethics some medical issues are confidential the FAZ for public consumption without the total consent disclosure from the parties involved.

So it's like we have been targeted by CAF on some medical grounds as compared to other players who ply their trade out of Africa and yet this is the valid reason why African Football stumbles to develop because we ain't united as Africa when it comes to such.

Otherwise regardless of the situation let's not blame the coaches or the Football Association of Zambia but the useless CAF that have thrived to show us their blunt ivory (teeth).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
Join me and my Colleagues tomorrow 7pm on TWITTER SPACE as we talk about the LA Decima...! Superfalcons quest for 10th WAFCON title.....

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
FIFA does not control the Olympics. The IOC does.
Even they also are cracking down, the case of SA 800m runner Caster Semanya come to mind.

This is about leveling the playing field for women. It’s unfair to have individuals with abnormal levels of testosterone competing as/with women, when they should be competing with men, from a medical standpoint. FairPlay is FairPlay.
GeneralDae:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

No one gets how she plays Olympics and can't play the CAF... Intriguing

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.