Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,480 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802436 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bukina faso has been bullying Morrocco everywhere
Tolulopefinest:
Morroco playing like Europeans. If Nigeria should underrate them, Iku pa won. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tolulopefinest:
Morroco playing like Europeans. If Nigeria should underrate them, Iku pa won. grin grin

Most them play in Europe, we will outplay them with experience.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Link to watch it?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
labas370:
Link to watch it?
SABC YouTube

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Na dat ojoro goal spoil this game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2022
Watching the replay of the Morocco build up to the freekick leading to the goal, the pass given to the Moroccan that was allegedly fouled should have been flagged for offside, as she was at least a foot offside.
The Burkinabes were CLEARLY robbed!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tolulopefinest(m): 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
And VAR didn't pick that up
AkinDS:
Watching the replay of the Morocco build up to the freekick leading to the goal, the pass given to the Moroccan that was allegedly fouled should have been flagged for offside, as she was at least a foot offside.
The Burkinabes were CLEARLY robbed!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Do these Burkinabes not go to fitness centres? They stay on the ground easily.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
#WAFCON2022

Host Morocco �� open the WAFCON tournament with a 1-0 victory over Burkina Faso ��

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
#Morocco2022 | A winning but not the most clinical starts by the hosts: the Spurs playmaker Rosella Ayane, the veteran Salma Amani... all missing clear chances, but what a stand out performance by the Burkinabe goalkeeper Mariam Ouattara, just 19; gave flashes of the other youthful immense keeper in the continent �� Chiamaka Nnadozie ���

FT: �� Morocco 1-0 Burkina Faso ��
[�.������� 29'] � @CAFwomen

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:58am On Jul 03, 2022
I have to commend the outstanding level of Setpieces skills by the Moroccans. Naaah. They will be in the semis cos of this alone, adding host pedigree again.

Mrabet is a player I'm looking out for this time.

Who noticed the precision of their crosses?
I give that to them. The Burkinabes were energetic but no match tactically. I believe the falcons will show a better pedigree this time. Especially in setpieces. We need to be burying freekicks by now, easily.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:59am On Jul 03, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Going to the AWCON we have got the best Defense line, teams like Cameroon, Zambia, Senegal and Burkina Faso should be the one's u're supposed to mentioned first...
The errors they make is why i still put us in the mix. Asides that, none are close to us in defending.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2022
If Coach Randy Waldrum is to play 2 CB… there’s a Problem for him picking between Osinachi Ohale, Onome Ebi and Ashleigh Plumptre.. Akudo Ogbonna is an understudy to them for sure…

Randy will hardly bench Onome Ebi as she’s the Captain and the most experienced player in the team and the WAFCON as a whole, She’s also very much fit right now…

Osinachi Ohale brings more to the defence, Strength, Speed, tight marking and excellent aerial presence..

Ashleigh the youngest between them is tactically sound and reads the game very well.. She offers a lot going forward in terms of aerial ball and her technical way of defending…!

Coach Randy Might settle for 3CBs or move Ashleigh to the Left Back position… as I would gladly play Ashleigh, T Payne or N Payne ahead of Ogbonna at left back…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tolulopefinest(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2022
Please I want to stake on Uganda to beat Senegal women. Who's better between the two teams ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
If Coach Randy Waldrum is to play 2 CB… there’s a Problem for him picking between Osinachi Ohale, Onome Ebi and Ashleigh Plumptre.. Akudo Ogbonna is an understudy to them for sure…

Randy will hardly bench Onome Ebi as she’s the Captain and the most experienced player in the team and the WAFCON as a whole, She’s also very much fit right now…

Osinachi Ohale brings more to the defence, Strength, Speed, tight marking and excellent aerial presence..

Ashleigh the youngest between them is tactically sound and reads the game very well.. She offers a lot going forward in terms of aerial ball and her technical way of defending…!

Coach Randy Might settle for 3CBs or move Ashleigh to the Left Back position… as I would gladly play Ashleigh, T Payne or N Payne ahead of Ogbonna at left back…
Can't Ohale play as right back?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2022
Tolulopefinest:
Please I want to stake on Uganda to beat Senegal women. Who's better between the two teams ?
Uganda may be good and coming up quick but I don't see them beating Senegal (it would be most likely a draw). West African teams have certain advantages that can only be overcome with superior technical abilities, and that is their physical attributes. We saw Burkinabes (despite their inexperience) try to muscle it out with the Moroccans.
The Senegalese are tall, well built physically, and I don't think the Ugandans have developed enough wit to outplay physical teams like that just yet, but we shall see. I hope they prove me wrong though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tolulopefinest(m): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2022
GeneralDae:

Uganda may be good and coming up quick but I don't see them beating Senegal (it would be most likely a draw). West African teams have certain advantages that can only be overcome with superior technical abilities, and that is their physical attributes. We saw Burkinabes (despite their inexperience) try to muscle it out with the Moroccans.
The Senegalese are huge and physical, and I don't think the Ugandans have developed enough wit just yet to outplayed physical teams like that just yet, but we shall see. I hope they prove me wrong though.

Thanks for your analysis. Well appreciated
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:51am On Jul 03, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Ashleigh at LB and Alozie at RB will be very balanced. Alozie is more attacking which means Ashleigh will be the defensive FB (Inverted CB) Tony will drift a bit to the left to give Kanu a passing option and prevent overloading by the opponent. Alozie overlapping will allow Oshoala to join Ify at the centre. Ajibade will hold the Midfield with Ucheibe mopping up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Rumours going around that Francisca Ordega is ineligible due to high testosterone levels. Same so Barbara Banda and 8 others.
There's a list going round.

If that's the case, CAF is overdoing it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
olapluto:
Rumours going around that Francisca Ordega is ineligible due to high testosterone levels. Same so Barbara Banda and 8 others.

Franny of all people, the most feminine of all our players, she barely outmuscled anybody so her own testosterone no dey add value be that. They should sha not try nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

I think this will not be an easy a decision to make on coach Randy's part, but he might do exactly like you suggested.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
olapluto:

Where did you get that? It's most likely a lie.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
olapluto:

It has no source. I consider it beer palour gist.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
dkay51:

Franny of all people, the most feminine of all our players, she barely outmuscled anybody so her own testosterone no dey add value be that. They should sha not try nonsense.

Hahahaha. She is the most feminine of all of them. With her sashaying and all
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Senegal vs Uganda, empty stadium.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
Morocco To Host 2022 Edition Of CAF Women Champions League

African soccer governing body has announced Morocco as host country for the 2022 Women's Champions League, BSNsports.com.ng has gathered.

Egypt hosted the inaugural edition of the tournament in 2021 and teams from each region in the continent were represented.

Mamelodi Sundown ladies emerged the winner after they defeated Hassacass Ladies of Ghana in the final 2-0. Rivers Angels represented Nigeria but failed to make it out of the group stage. CAF executive committee under Patrice Motsepe on Sunday in Rabat Morocco announced Morocco as the host country for the 2022 edition of the tournament.

October was also announced as the kickoff but each region is expected to have played its qualifiers before then.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tolulopefinest:

Thanks for your analysis. Well appreciated
Uganda not bad at all. I'm getting impressed by the second.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Uganda 0 Sen 1 (pen)--- HT
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Tolulopefinest(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
GeneralDae:

Uganda not bad at all. I'm getting impressed by the second.

Ugandan played better than Senegal in this half o. I'm tipping them to make a comeback in the second half.

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.