Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804583 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Tomorrow's match kicks off at 3:30pm..

My prediction is Nigeria 5-1 Haiti. The Falconets need a bit of pace upfront, and they will be good to go.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
France is comprehensively the best team in this competition. The rest are almost on the same level.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
France is comprehensively the best team in this competition. The rest are almost on the same level.
You cant judge from first match. Nerves play a role. I think Nigeria will come good. We were defensively intelligent, which is something our youth teams usually lack.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Are Falconets over dependent on Ajibade?

August 8, 2018.

More often than not, when Rasheedat Ajibade scores, the Falconets win.

In the opening game of Group D of the 2018 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup in Saint Malo on Monday, the Nigeria team lost 1-0 to Germany, Ajibade was below her best.

There’s a chance for redemption with games against Haiti and China to follow in the tight Pool.

It took a little while for the FC Robo Queens skipper to hit her straps on Monday but once she did, the Falconets certainly reaped the benefits.

The hard-working yet classy attacker scored 10 goals in the qualifiers and chipped in some goals in the friendlies.

Obviously, Ajibade is not deployed as a central forward – as the Anam Imo – but her role out wide and cutting inside is enormously important as it fits in with the playmaking style of Bashirat Amoo, Peace Efih and Adebisi Saheed.

It would be unfair to label the Falconets a one-woman team, as there is plenty of quality floating about in the team, but it is hard to look past the reliance Christopher Danjuma’s team has on Ajibade.

Wait a minute! The team missed the services of Monday Gift who was suspended after accumulation of cards in the qualifiers. Could it be that she missed the influence of Chindinma Okeke who played as a central defender on Monday?

Let’s hope for Nigeria’s sake that Ajibade, who is as fit as a butcher’s dog, remains running on top of the ground and operating in her customary aggressive manner otherwise any hint of qualifying from Group D will soon be put to bed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
Gift gives Falconets timely boost

By

Editor

-

August 8, 2018

Nigeria’s preparations for the U20 FIFA Women’s World Cup Group D matchday2 has been given a timely boost with Monday Gift putting herself in contention for selection against Haiti.

The news will be warmly welcomed by coach Christopher Danjuma who is desperate to have every player available following the narrow 1-0 loss to Germany in the Group opener on Monday.

Gift, who is on the books of FC Robo Queens missed the clash with the three-time champions due to accumulation of cards.

She took part in the team’s training sessions and looked sharp ahead of the make or mar game against Haiti.

A left footed dazzler, Gift will add power and mobility to the team’s chemistry if fielded in the second Group tie.

The Falconets will battle with their Haiti counterparts in Saint Malo on Thursday.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
olapluto:

You cant judge from first match. Nerves play a role. I think Nigeria will come good. We were defensively intelligent, which is something our youth teams usually lack.

You are right we have a very football smart set of players. They just need to chuck it sometimes and go for the long balls because Anam seems like an handfull and teams won't always let you build from the back.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Are Falconets over dependent on Ajibade?

August 8, 2018.

More often than not, when Rasheedat Ajibade scores, the Falconets win.

In the opening game of Group D of the 2018 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup in Saint Malo on Monday, the Nigeria team lost 1-0 to Germany, Ajibade was below her best.

There’s a chance for redemption with games against Haiti and China to follow in the tight Pool.

It took a little while for the FC Robo Queens skipper to hit her straps on Monday but once she did, the Falconets certainly reaped the benefits.

The hard-working yet classy attacker scored 10 goals in the qualifiers and chipped in some goals in the friendlies.

Obviously, Ajibade is not deployed as a central forward – as the Anam Imo – but her role out wide and cutting inside is enormously important as it fits in with the playmaking style of Bashirat Amoo, Peace Efih and Adebisi Saheed.

It would be unfair to label the Falconets a one-woman team, as there is plenty of quality floating about in the team, but it is hard to look past the reliance Christopher Danjuma’s team has on Ajibade.

Wait a minute! The team missed the services of Monday Gift who was suspended after accumulation of cards in the qualifiers. Could it be that she missed the influence of Chindinma Okeke who played as a central defender on Monday?

Let’s hope for Nigeria’s sake that Ajibade, who is as fit as a butcher’s dog, remains running on top of the ground and operating in her customary aggressive manner otherwise any hint of qualifying from Group D will soon be put to bed.

Gift Monday is not a defender. How could you insinuate such illogicality?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Duru1:

Gift Monday is not a defender. How could you insinuate such illogicality?
Read the bolded again, l mean the one you replied to. Only this time read it slowly, then thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
When is the draw for the women AFCON?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 12:05am On Aug 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
...Netherlands...is better o....England also look good...I wish we win tomorrow... however,those Haitians play good football and they are very quick...they will cause is some Trouble. Hope we rise up...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:28am On Aug 09, 2018
carbonado:
...Netherlands...is better o....England also look good...I wish we win tomorrow... however,those Haitians play good football and they are very quick...they will cause is some Trouble. Hope we rise up...

Well we can only find out in the end who really is the best but the French team have great players 1 to 11.
I agree that Haiti won't be a walk over, China really had to work to get that victory and they almost equalized at the death. Their defence on the other hand is ok but they can be exploited. We should not be shy of long balls tomorrow, not so much but enough to ensure that we are mixing up the play and not becoming too predictable. 4-0

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
Germany already 2-0 up. This is good for us. Offcourse we still need to beat Haiti by over 2-0.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nigeria line up tweaked. Ajibade captains, 3 new players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
They are ready. Falconets will be the first team after super eagles to wear this jersey. Hope it brings good luck to them.
Source: Ruth David

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nigeria Superfalconet Line Up against Haiti

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ajibade’s penalty makes it 1-0 to Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Tbh I'm not sure the best team won but we'll take it anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Phew....only just. Draw China and we're through.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Tbh I'm not sure the best team won but we'll take it anyhow.
Experience won it for us. The coach is unimpressive. We will beat China
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
olapluto:

Experience won it for us. The coach is unimpressive. We will beat China

Experience and our keeper. Best in the tournament IMO.

I would pack the bus honestly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2018
Not impressive at all.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Experience and our keeper. Best in the tournament IMO.

I would pack the bus honestly.
Best tactics for this team is long balls upfield. Without good midfielders, it is better to bypass midfield.. Ajibade and Imo can cause problems upfront.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:55am On Aug 10, 2018
olapluto:

Best tactics for this team is long balls upfield. Without good midfielders, it is better to bypass midfield.. Ajibade and Imo can cause problems upfront.

IMO the midfielders are ok but I just feel that we take too long dressing the ball. The girls want to play like Barcelona but that has never been our philosophy, u have to play to ur strengths.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Woman of the match Chiamaka Nnadozie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:22am On Aug 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

IMO the midfielders are ok but I just feel that we take too long dressing the ball. The girls want to play like Barcelona but that has never been our philosophy, u have to play to ur strengths.
Yes, it’s the same thing I noticed. When one touch is needed, they take 2 or 3 touches. And those extra touches allow our opponents to quickly regroup and close out the space between midfield and attack.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2018
PDPGuy:

Yes, it’s the same thing I noticed. When one touch is needed, they take 2 or 3 touches. And those extra touches allow our opponents to quickly regroup and close out the space between midfield and attack.

Abi just clear the dang ball.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
I want every female referee in the world to watch Brazil vs Korea DPR. The girls are allowed to be tough and strong the ref is letting them play football.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Can a draw against China qualify us for quarter final?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
solonnachi:
Yes
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
solonnachi:

It is all we need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: daveP(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.