Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802818 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2018
Today’s referee is Stephanie Frappart (France)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2018
Our girls have enough to grind out a win today. It's about time they played a good match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
olapluto:
Our girls have enough to grind out a win today. It's about time they played a good match.

They have to bring that ruggedity back. Play football and stop trying to be fancy. We are big nation when it comes to this competition and the girls need to understand that we are more Atletico than barca. We have reached 2 finals with this philosophy so I don't see why we should change it. Honestly not making the next round would be a disaster.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
SHOCKING NEWS: Brazil & United States have both been knocked out of U20 Women World cup.
QUARTER FINAL France v North Korea England v Netherlands Spain v Nigeria/China Germany v Japan
I pray Nigeria make it through the group stage.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Our coach should not be a coach.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
Half time . Nigeria down 1-0. We will come back, but the Chinese are quite tricky upfront. Good game by the falconets, devoid of major tactical plan, but individual skills.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
olapluto:
Half time . Nigeria down 1-0. We will come back, but the Chinese are quite tricky upfront. Good game by the falconets, devoid of major tactical plan, but individual skills.
It's not been a good game, only a better game than the Taithi game. I am looking for that bite in attack, even the 2016 team had that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
Daejoyoung:

It's not been a good game, only a better game than the Taithi game. I am looking for that bite in attack, even the 2016 team had that.

Peter Dedevbo is a billion times better than this clown we have right now. I also see a coach that selects based on favoritism and bias.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
We live to fight another day. Spain will thrash this team 3-0 or more if the coach continues his way.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2018
What drama at the end of the game! Ajibade stepped up when it mattered most. Phew

But the attacking play in the final third still needs some improvement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
olapluto:
We live to fight another day. Spain will thrash this team 3-0 or more if the coach continues his way.
Yes, the touches of our girls need to be a lot better; and with a bit more football IQ, the Falconets can beat Spain.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
PDPGuy:

Yes, the touches of our girls need to be a lot better; and with a bit more football IQ, the Falconets can beat Spain.

The girls are not the problem. The coach is the one that wants them to be what they are not. A good coach gets us minimum of 7 points from that group.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The girls are not the problem. The coach is the one that wants them to be what they are not. A good coach gets us minimum of 7 points from that group.
Actually, this set of girls are much better than the ones we had 2 years ago. The problem is the glaring technical deficiency.
Defensively, we have enough personnel. The main problem is the linkage between midfield and attack. The players are not sure what next to do when they get to opponents half. That is why we are yet to score more than once from open play. Unlike previous coaches, this coach seems to have drilled the players more defensively.
That is a good thing also, because defences win you tournaments, while attackers win you matches. Against Spain, they will attack us for about 70 minutes because of their gifted team play. If the coach doesnt get it right with the link between midfield and attack, we will not be able to hold.

I think the starting 11 on the first day was balanced to a large extent. They had players wearing 10 and 11 who were combining well, though not physically able to hold against the Germans. Those 2 players will have plenty joy against Spain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
olapluto:

Actually, this set of girls are much better than the ones we had 2 years ago. The problem is the glaring technical deficiency.
Defensively, we have enough personnel. The main problem is the linkage between midfield and attack. The players are not sure what next to do when they get to opponents half. That is why we are yet to score more than once from open play. Unlike previous coaches, this coach seems to have drilled the players more defensively.
That is a good thing also, because defences win you tournaments, while attackers win you matches. Against Spain, they will attack us for about 70 minutes because of their gifted team play. If the coach doesnt get it right with the link between midfield and attack, we will not be able to hold.

I think the starting 11 on the first day was balanced to a large extent. They had players wearing 10 and 11 who were combining well, though not physically able to hold against the Germans. Those 2 players will have plenty joy against Spain.

The problem is that they are not being allowed to look for solutions. The coach would rather want them to keep worthless possession at the back and that will always lead to them losing the ball in dangerous positions.

I don't know how the coach can justify dropping Anam Imo as striker after her game against Germany. Real wingers like Bello should be put on the flanks and Ajibade should play behind Anam. Her creativity is very underrated, she can unlock any defense with her accurate long ball just like she did against Spain a couple years ago.

I don't think 10 will play the coach seems set on 4, 11 and 7. I think they are all good players but the coach must instruct one to stay in front of the defense at all times. I would nominate #11 Amoo to do that based on the fact that Ucheibe #4 can cover so much ground with her long legs and Efih #7 is Iniesta in his female Nigerian form.

My question is who replaces Sunday?

I would bring back our captain as a CB and play crying Mary #13 as RB.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The problem is that they are not being allowed to look for solutions. The coach would rather want them to keep worthless possession at the back and that will always lead to them losing the ball in dangerous positions.

I don't know how the coach can justify dropping Anam Imo as striker after her game against Germany. Real wingers like Bello should be put on the flanks and Ajibade should play behind Anam. Her creativity is very underrated, she can unlock any defense with her accurate long ball just like she did against Spain a couple years ago.

I don't think 10 will play the coach seems set on 4, 11 and 7. I think they are all good players but the coach must instruct one to stay in front of the defense at all times. I would nominate #11 Amoo to do that based on the fact that Ucheibe #4 can cover so much ground with her long legs and Efih #7 is Iniesta in his female Nigerian form.

My question is who replaces Sunday?

I would bring back our captain as a CB and play crying Mary #13 as RB.

Bros, you are on the spot with the above write-up however I shall take a different angle on #11. I had #12 play behind #8 and place #14 and #20 on the wings. I will play #11 on the bench. I had hoped Ijamilusi is on this team. Fumiditi or Ogbonna to pair with Okeke in CB and Ologbosere to the RB.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Very good analysis. If the coach wants to win the match, he needs to make those changes. Spain may have a better team, but we can surely disrupt them and take our chances when we have them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:44am On Aug 16, 2018
The best strategy to achieve victory, later today, is for the team to attack and defend as a team!

Part of the Falconets problem with regard to scoring goals, has been the lack of options when one player has possession of the ball in the final third. At most, she only has 2-3 teammates who join her in the attack. That should not be the case.

When attacking, there should be 6 players both in the middle of the opponents half and the final third. The more players who join the attack, the higher the chance of putting serious pressure on the Spanish defense.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bowaley17(m): 3:47am On Aug 16, 2018
What time is the match pls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2018
Duru1:

Bros, you are on the spot with the above write-up however I shall take a different angle on #11. I had #12 play behind #8 and place #14 and #20 on the wings. I will play #11 on the bench. I had hoped Ijamilusi is on this team. Fumiditi or Ogbonna to pair with Okeke in CB and Ologbosere to the RB.

I doubt the coach will place Amoo #11 on the bench, she has played every single minute so far. I think Anam was amazing as striker against Germany and that would be best for the team. Ajibade should play behind her so she can drop deep and create just like she did against Spain 2 years ago. Look at her pass for the second goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lm4AD4ZS14
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Bowaley17:
What time is the match pls
3.30 pm 9ja time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
olapluto:

3.30 pm 9ja time.

3pm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I doubt the coach will place Amoo #11 on the bench, she has played every single minute so far. I think Anam was amazing as striker against Germany and that would be best for the team. Ajibade should play behind her so she can drop deep and create just like she did against Spain 2 years ago. Look at her pass for the second goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lm4AD4ZS14
The Spanish team has improved tremendously. They play the typical Spanish game, with no striker. 4 defenders and 6 so called midfielders. Their game is simple to read. They will flood the midfield to sap out options. Their problem is always when teams go behind that midfield. They become exposed to be clueless at the back.
For me, today we need to play long balls. Anam Imo is very good with her hold up play. Dropping the ball for Ajibade in vital areas is all we need. We should be able to punish the Spanish.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
olapluto:

The Spanish team has improved tremendously. They play the typical Spanish game, with no striker. 4 defenders and 6 so called midfielders. Their game is simple to read. They will flood the midfield to sap out options. Their problem is always when teams go behind that midfield. They become exposed to be clueless at the back.
For me, today we need to play long balls. Anam Imo is very good with her hold up play. Dropping the ball for Ajibade in vital areas is all we need. We should be able to punish the Spanish.

Brother you are absolutely correct about Spain improving. To beat Japan and hold USA to a draw no be beans.

I would put Peace Efih on the flanks and Rashidat in the middle. Her passing is absolutely underrated but she has not been afforded the space as a forward.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
The Spanish team lost a 2 goal lead and we equalized at the death. Both teams played draws but I believe we had the better ending and if we start this match like we ended against China we will win. I just pray that the coach stays out of their way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
Again, the coach drops Anam Imo. He will reset his brain at minute 44 again. As Fifa want to completely screw our girls up, the referee is from... China. She must be impressed with the Falconets after that late equaliser.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
olapluto:
Again, the coach drops Anam Imo. He will reset his brain at minute 44 again. As Fifa want to completely screw our girls up, the referee is from... China. She must be impressed with the Falconets after that late equaliser.

The man is a clown. It is obvious he doesn't want Anam to shine at this world cup.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
The girls matched spain for few minutes. We may recover, if Spain dont score more.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The man is a clown. It is obvious he doesn't want Anam to shine at this world cup.
That way, Ajibade too wont shine because she will be overworked.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
olapluto:

That way, Ajibade too wont shine because she will be overworked.

The man gets me so annoyed. The girls are being led by the blind.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
This ref is not even hiding her bias again. She has been horrible. Is that 4 yellow cards for Nigeria now? She's on a no touch policy today.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
olapluto:
This ref is not even hiding her bias again. She has been horrible. Is that 4 yellow cards for Nigeria now? She's on a no touch policy today.

Okeke and Efih clearly got the ball but she gave yellow. These girls had no chance anyways when you add that we have a slowpoke in charge.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Okeke and Efih clearly got the ball but she gave yellow. These girls had no chance anyways when you add that we have a slowpoke in charge.
My guess is that we will get a red card, and maybe 6 more yellows before the game runs out. The foul blown for that free kick was pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.