Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (797006 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Make Chikwelu husband, boyfriend or assistant boyfriend give her belle now.
grin grin grin
Anyway anyhow, you just don't want her on the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
codemaniacs:

If any of onome ebi, oluehi, ohale , chikwelu and oshoala start against Botswana then Botswana will beat the Falcons thoroughly.

From the game against South Africa it's obvious Super Falcons have no right quality to punish any defence at this WAFCON.
Who would you rather play as the CBs then since you don't want Ohale and Ebi? grin
I want you to note that a bad Midfield can pile pressure on the defenders. I'll go with Ebi and Ashleigh partnership. I don't know what's wrong with Ohale...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
codemaniacs:

Ajibade didn't overhit her through balls the player she was passing to didn't have the pace to get to the ball or just stopped running to get the through balls.

Her crossing was terrible she should stick to passing the ball into the box instead of crossing into the box.
She did bro....
I counted at least 3 passes. It was unlike her really...all of them were just off yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
Who would you rather play as the CBs then since you don't want Ohale and Ebi? grin
I want you to note that a bad Midfield can pile pressure on the defenders. I'll go with Ebi and Ashleigh partnership. I don't know what's wrong with Ohale...

If they play then Falcons will not qualify for the knockout phase.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
codemaniacs:

If they play then Falcons will not qualify for the knockout phase.
grin grin
You get any lineup in mind? Ashleigh,Ohale and Ebi are the 3 CBs. Akudo Ogbonna is there too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Preparation ongoing

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
mostob:
Ayinde should be benched. Effih, Ucheibe, and Okobi should start.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
I hope Oshoala can still play a part in the tournament..
In as much as her form in the GWG has dipped in the last few years, she is still our best player... She need this tournament to clinch another APOTY...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Danielnino00:
I hope Oshoala can still play a part in the tournament..
In as much as her form in the GWG has dipped in the last few years, she is still our best player... She need this tournament to clinch another APOTY...
But we played Canada and created several chances without Oshoala naw. I wonder what happened to Marcleans.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
This var tire me sometimes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
GeneralDae:

But we played Canada and created several chances without Oshoala naw. I wonder what happened to Marcleans.

Keyword: "created several chances"... It isn't osohola's duty to create chances..hers is to finish it off... Obviously the problem is Randy's refusal to adopt the midfield set up that played against Canada... Bringing Rita back into the starting lineup was a mistake..

As for Macleams, I can't say.. Maybe because she is still new in the team that's why he don't want to throw her in yet...

The man is obviously another Gernot Rohr...their style is just too similar
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
She was the SF's best MF on the day. Keep grinning at your blindness. grin

all midfielders were useless. All her forward passes rubbish,can't mk simple through passes can't cross,if not for that lucky goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
ceejayMAX:
all midfielders were useless. All her forward passes rubbish,can't mk simple through passes can't cross,if not for that lucky goal

K.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Payne also had a good game but she faded with time. Ajibade was just better and kicking strong till the final mins. She was the one reason we had any sort of smooth presence in the middle.

You lots shouting crosses... who even delivered an inch perfect cross in that game that got us a big chance? Who pls.

alozie gave like two perfect crosses that I can remember ,the freekick in the first half even the corner kick that lead to the goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
ceejayMAX:
alozie gave like two perfect crosses that I can remember ,the freekick in the first half even the corner kick that lead to the goal

K.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Coach Randy Starting Rita Chikwelu was a mistak, then again pushing her ahead of Ajibade in most part of the first half was another big mistake…

It’s either Randy work with Ajibade…. Ayinde… Ucheibe in midfield then bring in between Okobi, Otu when any of them tire out.. or play 4-4-2 putting Ordega and Payne in the Flank.. Ajibade and Ucheibe in midfield with Kanu and Onumonu upfront, Maclean’s and Vivian for sun..

Cause it looks like Asisat is having a knock…
The referee didn’t do well on that Noko tackle on Asisat in the early minutes of the game, she purposely kicked Asisat Tibia and Fibula.. Wicked defender..

Randy knowing too well that Asisat was hurt allowed her stay longer in the field instead substituting her when we have Kanu and Ordega in bench..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:47am On Jul 06, 2022
I haven’t really watched Franny Ordega perform badly in any major tournaments for the Superfalcons…

Ordega alongside Okobi is always one of our major play maker in major tournaments..

Have seen okobi take extra time to train in the Falcons camp, I just hope Randy gives her minutes for her to prove us wrong that she’s still the Queen of Attacking Midfield in Africa…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2022
� Alexia reportedly suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligaments in her left knee.

She will miss the Euro and half or, in the worst case, the entire 2022-2023 season

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2022
Spain have lost both goals Queens ⚽�

Jenni × Alexia

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2022
WAFCON22: Five Key Reasons Nigeria Lost To South Africa in Morocco

Adams Jesse

It is no longer news that the super Falcons of Nigeria lost her opening game of the WAFCON22 to arch rivals on Tuesday evening in Morocco.

The game which was played at the Prince Mouley El Hassan pitch saw the south Dominate play from the blast of the whistle as they were the more purposeful going forward.

Although the only shot on target in the first half came the way of Nigeria but you cannot deny the fact that the Bayana Bayana as the south African ladies are called had more of the ball possession.

No surprise as Jermaine Seoposenwe put them in the driving seat with a neat finish in the 60th minutes as Hildah Magaia added the second two minutes later to compound the woes of the Super Falcons of Nigeria.

Linda Motlhalo was a beauty to behold as the young midfielder rendered the trio of Ayinde, Rita Chikwelu and Rasheedat Ajibade toothless as she dominated the trio in the middle of the park.

Rasheedat Ajibade however got a consolation with what seems to be virtually the last kick of the game when she picked Onome Ebi's shot to reduce the deficit for Nigeria.

Many people have shown their position on the game but truly these are just the five major reasons Nigeria lost to South Africa.

1. Onome Ebi, Oluehi and Rita Chikwelu are too old to still be starting for the team. They should learn from Ahmed Musa, while the spirit is willing, the body can no longer do it. Stay on the bench and motivate and let the younger players do the job on the pitch.

2. The rest of Africa is catching up with us. Over-confidence can mar team performance, the girls need to know that women football has changed in Africa.

3. Older players must not see the younger ones as threats, team unity is key. No faction.

4. Coach Randy does not know his team or maybe some people are dictating on who to play to him. Randy must be more technical in team selection and timely substitution. His technical prowess must be seen.

5. The game last night exposed the team. Taking the lessons and improving will help the team going forward.

Asisat Oshoala needs to be dropped from this team or the Coaches need to find a way of getting her back to her usual goal scoring performance if we truly want to progress and qualify for the world cup.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:51am On Jul 06, 2022
Oshoala is a big advantage for Nigeria female team. A complete striker but needs very composed midfielders to operate well otherwise she will keep playing rubbish if you don’t give her skilled ,calm,composed midfielders.please let that old number 10 seat down. Imagine great onumonu too could not play fine as a striker because of bad midfielders, let our midfielders learn from those banyana banyana midfielders Abeg ,not painting hair Brown ,purple ,Blue,etc
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2022
Picture Highlight!
From yesterday's training setion.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Onumonu was wasted on the wings for the better part of the game. She spent more time wingwards than in the centre. I would not blame her for that anonymous showing at all. Waldrum is to blame.

And yes, the midfield needs a shuffle. I mean, on paper, we have possibly the best tactical bunch of midfielders in the competition. Ajibade and Okobi can play AM and CM. Even Toni Payne can operate there. It is her versatile quality that sees her used almost everywhere for this team and she always impresses for the most parts no matter where she is utilised.

CMs and CDMs, we have Halimatu Ayinde, Regina Ibiang Otu, Peace Efih and the Composed and hardworking Christy Ucheibe.

It is up Waldrum and his Mega experienced Grandma Assistant to come up with the right tactical balance in midfield selections that will see our attack truly come alive at this tournament.

Deltamani:
Oshoala is a big advantage for Nigeria female team. A complete striker but needs very composed midfielders to operate well otherwise she will keep playing rubbish if you don’t give her skilled ,calm,composed midfielders.please let that old number 10 seat down. Imagine great onumonu too could not play fine as a striker because of bad midfielders, let our midfielders learn from those banyana banyana midfielders Abeg ,not painting hair Brown ,purple ,Blue,etc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Deltamani:
Picture Highlight!
From yesterday's training setion.

Africa's Number 1. Time for your own tournament to begin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I'd like to see your preferred lineup for the game tomorrow...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Onumonu playing from the left wing didn't make sense to me, she and Asisat weren't even switching positions like I expected.
TheSuperNerd:
Onumonu was wasted on the wings for the better part of the game. She spent more time wingwards than in the centre. I would not blame her for that anonymous showing at all. Waldrum is to blame.

And yes, the midfield needs a shuffle. I mean, on paper, we have possibly the best tactical bunch of midfielders in the competition. Ajibade and Okobi can play AM and CM. Even Toni Payne can operate there. It is her versatile quality that sees her used almost everywhere for this team and she always impresses for the most parts no matter where she is utilised.

CMs and CDMs, we have Halimatu Ayinde, Regina Ibiang Otu, Peace Efih and the Composed and hardworking Christy Ucheibe.

It is up Waldrum and his Mega experienced Grandma Assistant to come up with the right tactical balance in midfield selections that will see our attack truly come alive at this tournament.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Deltamani:
WAFCON22: Five Key Reasons Nigeria Lost To South Africa in Morocco

Adams Jesse

It is no longer news that the super Falcons of Nigeria lost her opening game of the WAFCON22 to arch rivals on Tuesday evening in Morocco.

The game which was played at the Prince Mouley El Hassan pitch saw the south Dominate play from the blast of the whistle as they were the more purposeful going forward.

Although the only shot on target in the first half came the way of Nigeria but you cannot deny the fact that the Bayana Bayana as the south African ladies are called had more of the ball possession.

No surprise as Jermaine Seoposenwe put them in the driving seat with a neat finish in the 60th minutes as Hildah Magaia added the second two minutes later to compound the woes of the Super Falcons of Nigeria.

Linda Motlhalo was a beauty to behold as the young midfielder rendered the trio of Ayinde, Rita Chikwelu and Rasheedat Ajibade toothless as she dominated the trio in the middle of the park.

Rasheedat Ajibade however got a consolation with what seems to be virtually the last kick of the game when she picked Onome Ebi's shot to reduce the deficit for Nigeria.

Many people have shown their position on the game but truly these are just the five major reasons Nigeria lost to South Africa.

1. Onome Ebi, Oluehi and Rita Chikwelu are too old to still be starting for the team. They should learn from Ahmed Musa, while the spirit is willing, the body can no longer do it. Stay on the bench and motivate and let the younger players do the job on the pitch.

2. The rest of Africa is catching up with us. Over-confidence can mar team performance, the girls need to know that women football has changed in Africa.

3. Older players must not see the younger ones as threats, team unity is key. No faction.

4. Coach Randy does not know his team or maybe some people are dictating on who to play to him. Randy must be more technical in team selection and timely substitution. His technical prowess must be seen.

5. The game last night exposed the team. Taking the lessons and improving will help the team going forward.

Asisat Oshoala needs to be dropped from this team or the Coaches need to find a way of getting her back to her usual goal scoring performance if we truly want to progress and qualify for the world cup.

Straight from someone who doesn't know what the heck they are talking about
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Formation and starters i want to see tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Copied

What went wrong?
I will tell you.
1. Did you see the two goals SA scored, that how they play football. You knock the ball from defends,to the midfield and then to the attackers.
2. Anyone in position of the ball thinks of how to locate Oshola. You don't carry ball from defends and start locating Oshola. Of course she is a good player but that doesn't mean she is the only one that can score goals.

3. Those SA players are younger than some of our girls which make them more active. You left the young players on bench and used the ones that are advance, what did you expect?
They may have the experience, but if you don't give the younger ones chance, you won't see their potentials.

4. During the last world cup, Chiamaka Nnadozie already proved to us that she deserves to be the Super Falcons no 1 GK but because of sentiments, we keep neglecting her.

5. You don't substitute a player in die minutes and expect them to perform magic.

We have good players but we don't Know when and how to use them, that was what went wrong yesterday.

I felt bad that I used my data to watch that match and you guys lost.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Deltamani:
Copied

What went wrong?
I will tell you.
1. Did you see the two goals SA scored, that how they play football. You knock the ball from defends,to the midfield and then to the attackers.
2. Anyone in position of the ball thinks of how to locate Oshola. You don't carry ball from defends and start locating Oshola. Of course she is a good player but that doesn't mean she is the only one that can score goals.

3. Those SA players are younger than some of our girls which make them more active. You left the young players on bench and used the ones that are advance, what did you expect?
They may have the experience, but if you don't give the younger ones chance, you won't see their potentials.

4. During the last world cup, Chiamaka Nnadozie already proved to us that she deserves to be the Super Falcons no 1 GK but because of sentiments, we keep neglecting her.

5. You don't substitute a player in die minutes and expect them to perform magic.

We have good players but we don't Know when and how to use them, that was what went wrong yesterday.

I felt bad that I used my data to watch that match and you guys lost.

Number 4 doesn't make any sense... Nnadozie wasn't included in the squad because she was serving a match ban.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Hmmmmm

This hyping ehhh

Na tomorrow we go see

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani, ekehopp2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.