Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (812651 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
WAFCON 2022| ‘There Is Still More Work To Do’; Super Falcons Forward Onumonu Focused On Burundi Match

Super Falcons Forward, Ifeoma Onumonu has noted that there is a lot more to do following their 2-0 victory over the Mares of Botswana.

The Super Falcons of Nigeria last night, came back from a 1-2 defeat to Banyana Banyana of South Africa in their opening game of the TotalEnergies Women’s Africa Cup of Nations to beat the Mares of Botswana 2-0

Goals from Ifeoma Onumonu and substitute Christy Ucheibe in the 21st and 48th minutes was enough to keep the defending champions in the competition.

The American-based Striker while speaking with journalists after the game, praised her teammates and said she was satisfied with the result, even though they could have scored more goals.

“We finally got on board, after our first game against the Banyana Banyana. I scored a goal and definitely wanted more, but am surely satisfied with the one goal and the victory we recorded,” She said.

“We were in a very difficult place emotionally, with what happened in the first game, and were determined to come out stronger and better against Botswana, with a lot of intensity. Good, we got the well-deserved victory.

The Super Falcons of Nigeria will face Burundi in their last group game of the 2022 Women’s Africa Cup Of Nations on Sunday, 10th of July.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

People who reacted to the SA game weren't harsh,neither were they too quick...They are people who most likely have been following the super falcons for long and saw how Randy has handled the team... He hasn't made any improvement...
The man is just another version of Rohr..
The people that Randy was referring to are the group of media personalities either writing for tabloids or on Twitter. They talk too much and complain a lot. If the Coach wins, they'll say it is normal. But wait till he loses or doesn't satisfy their ego with goals, all hell will be let loose. They'll say they're criticizing. Look at what they call criticism. Emotionally laden complaints devoid of any iota of objectivity. If Eguavoen had qualified us for World Cup, they'll say its nothing much, after all, we've been at the past three editions. But he lost and they tore him to shreds.

If that's not negative energy. I wonder what is. Randy called them negative, their egos are touched.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
Deltamani:
I'm not surprised about Randy Waldrum's poor attitude & game plan.

He's a NUGA coach, the job is bigger
than him.

Super Falcons have won 9 AFCON titles & qualified for all World Cup, Randy is not on the same level as the team.

NFF gave him the biggest job of his life.
copy and paste from that media guy from Twitter
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
You don't get the point. First lemme just say I don't like people who react too quickly, are impatient or I feel are too sentimental. Secondly I'm generally not quick to blame coaches no matter who it is because the job itself is dicey and you can make wrong decisions not because you're poor. That's just the volatile nature of football. You can choose to field a player who has performed well in training only to be disappointed on the pitch. You cant control the actions of players -directly- and you can't judge a player based on a single poor game. So saying a coach makes poor selections based on one or two games is plain silly.

The most rational way to judge a coach's performance is one; how appropriate are his substitutions? Two; how tactically diverse is he? Randy's substitutions were on point yesterday. He isn't a god to know who will perform poorly on the pitch after a good training showing.

JohnBullMySon:
The people that Randy was referring to are the group of media personalities either writing for tabloids or on Twitter. They talk too much and complain a lot. If the Coach wins, they'll say it is normal. But wait till he loses or doesn't satisfy their ego with goals, all hell will be let loose. They'll say they're criticizing. Look at what they call criticism. Emotionally laden complaints devoid of any iota of objectivity. If Eguavoen had qualified us for World Cup, they'll say its nothing much, after all, we've been at the past three editions. But he lost and they tore him to shreds.

If that's not negative energy. I wonder what is. Randy called them negative, their egos are touched.

You're the one that doesn't get the point..

the group stage is only 3 matches so if fans , media e.t.c call out the coach and his crew and players after a disgraceful display in the first match it's the right thing to do because losing the 2nd match will be disastrous and shameful going by Super Falcons standards.

Not reaching the final will be a failure...

don't promote mediocrity..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hey BascoVanVeli... Halimatu Ayinde just shared a clip extracted from your Commentary Highlights video on her twitter page.

https://twitter.com/ayindecharity/status/1545415741222133760?t=XhL2iGNJvdqwXzJol2p_gg&s=19

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Hey BascoVanVeli... Halimatu Ayinde just shared a clip extracted from your Commentary Highlights video on her twitter page.

https://twitter.com/ayindecharity/status/1545415741222133760?t=XhL2iGNJvdqwXzJol2p_gg&s=19

Wow that is crazy. This just put a big smile on my face. Thanks so much for the info buddy.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
Randy Waldrum;

“The comments are regrettable and I withdraw them in entirety. I hold the media everywhere, including Nigeria, in high regard and I only wish they could be a little more empathetic to us when we lose or draw matches.”
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Wow that is crazy. This just put a big smile on my face. Thanks so much for the info buddy.
Your "tantrums and wailings" going global baby!!! Keep on going man!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Aaaaaallright grin.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
Arrival at the stadium and ground recognition. #WAFCON2022

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
Qatar female national football team players dress RELIGIOUSLY. They covered their body from head to toe, and fly out their jerseys in other not to expose the shape of their buttocks to this sinful world �

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Super falcons dey busy dey dance for Instagram
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Alrigggghhttttt Marvellous Basco, You welcome.... *imitates his closing sound remark for every Naija bias video* grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Alrigggghhttttt Marvellous Basco, You welcome.... *imitates his closing sound remark for every Naija bias video* grin

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
Gift Monday vs Botswana
A nice performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCxyw7Jf090

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
GeneralDae:

Aaaaaallright grin.

Lol much love bro
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
ceejayMAX:

We are a dancing country. I personally would rather not but at the same time we are who we are.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
Burkina faso first goal is so beautiful grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dancing after a recovery session is not forbidden
ceejayMAX:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
Is there any info as to why Plumptre didn't dress out?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 12:00am On Jul 09, 2022
Wait a minute guys!

Burkina Faso and Uganda played a 2-2 draw and so have knocked off themselves from the knock out stages. It means that Group B and C will determine the teams to join Morocco, Senegal and South Africa in the next stage

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 12:13am On Jul 09, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

NFF claimed she was injured
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:31am On Jul 09, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

She had a knock so they erred on the side of caution. If they had done same for Asisat she probably would still be around for this competition.

She trained alone the day prior and every jorno currently in Morocco confirms this.

She however trained with the team today.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:33am On Jul 09, 2022
Nuga coach don apologize. I imagine how Aunty Aisha Falode felt about such comments. Acting like we are underdogs with 9titles. Lol.

He's forgotten he needs them to brush his CV.

2C meets 2B in QF.
Tunisia/Camerooun.
We dey semis already.

Lets rake up the stats abeg.

Ghizzlane Chebbak with 3goals already. Ajibade obviously knows she's next to prove why she deserves the crown as Oshoala is out.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 12:40am On Jul 09, 2022
lovewins:

She had a knock so they erred on the side of caution. If they had done same for Asisat she probably would still be around for this competition.

She trained alone the day prior and every jorno currently in Morocco confirms this.

Did Asisat sustain the injury before the game?

I'm still quite unsettled and unhappy with her exit from the team. Though she's been ghosting in past friendlies. I don't think there's any way she wouldn't bounce back in form at least after the first game. I hope Onumonu sustains the tempo. I rate Monday and Uchenna but I don't know if they're really poachers or only playmakers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:47am On Jul 09, 2022
solonnachi:

NFF claimed she was injured

Ok thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:04am On Jul 09, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Did Asisat sustain the injury before the game?

I'm still quite unsettled and unhappy with her exit from the team. Though she's been ghosting in past friendlies. I don't think there's any way she wouldn't bounce back in form at least after the first game. I hope Onumonu sustains the tempo. I rate Monday and Uchenna but I don't know if they're really poachers or only playmakers.

I was referring to the tackle that ultimately led to the injury. It was obvious immediately Asisat got hit that she should have been pulled from that game. For someone who is prone to injury and who just came back from being injured, to err on the side of caution would have been the smart move. I still do not understand why the coach left her on the pitch especially when he had options and why she also felt the need to stay on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:05am On Jul 09, 2022
lovewins:

I kind of agree on Oshoala cos I think she picked up the injury early in the first half. At the same time I don't think the medics can run tests at halftime so if the player says she's OK and can run she will be cleared to play.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:39am On Jul 09, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I kind of agree on Oshoala cos I think she picked up the injury early in the first half. At the same time I don't think the medics can run tests at halftime so if the player says she's OK and can run she will be cleared to play.

Yea, that's why I felt she should also have requested to be substituted from the game. I understand though that she's been under enormous pressure to "deliver" for the super falcons, but it shouldn't be to the detriment of her health. In hindsight, I believe she probably would have made a better decision.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2022
UEFA WOMEN'S EURO

Group B:
GERMANY 4-0 DENMARK
⚽1 - 0 21' L. Magull
⚽2 - 0 57' L. Schüller (�️ L. Magull)
⚽3 - 0 78' L. Lattwein (�️ L. Oberdorf)
⚽4 - 0 86' A. Popp (�️ S. Lohmann)

#WEURO2022
#GERDEN

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2022
lovewins:

Yea, that's why I felt she should also have requested to be substituted from the game. I understand though that she's been under enormous pressure to "deliver" for the super falcons, but it shouldn't be to the detriment of her health. In hindsight, I believe she probably would have made a better decision.

why do I have a feeling, that number 11 resemble haaland
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:23am On Jul 09, 2022
South Africa can win all their Group games then play Cameroon in quarter final and lose cheesy cheesy

If Cameroon draw or lose they will play south Africa

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.