Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817364 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Fweshest3: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

The referee may likely be biased against Morocco and that is another problem....They may win set pieces in dangerous areas...

When is the Nigeria vs Morocco match?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
Fweshest3:
When is the Nigeria vs Morocco match?
On Monday... At 9pm

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Was on a Twitter space yesternight and i heard that Cameroon team that we beat had a $1m sponsor deal with Guinness. Omo, wetin dey happen na? shocked We need these sponsors o. The women's game need big funds.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2022
daveP:
Was on a Twitter space yesternight and i heard that Cameroon team that we beat had a $1m sponsor deal with Guinness. Omo, wetin dey happen na? shocked We need these sponsors o. The women's game need big funds.

Sponsors aren't the problem, the NFF is. Sponsors want to be associated with a brand they know they will get value for money, plus many big brands won't do back room deals hence the challenge.

Take a quick look at all the sponsorship and endorsement deals the NFF has signed the last few years, including the BITNOB deal for the NPFL, none of yh details of the deal was disclosed. No one knows how much the deals are worth. No reputable organisation will do that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
lovewins:

Sponsors aren't the problem, the NFF is. Sponsors want to be associated with a brand they know they will get value for money, plus many big brands won't do back room deals hence the challenge.

Take a quick look at all the sponsorship and endorsement deals the NFF has signed the last few years, including the BITNOB deal for the NPFL, none of yh details of the deal was disclosed. No one knows how much the deals are worth. No reputable organisation will do that.

Quite true. The team is marketable enough. Eto'o had a large hand in that Guinness deal, if I'm not mistaken. Dunno why these things just seem to elope us.

I'm just praying bonuses are not going to be an issue this time. Equal pay matter is not happening anytime soon, but an increased pay should be expected asap.

This transparency issue dey weak person. They can't even reason the benefits it will attract. Smh. Nff!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
lovewins:

I know we like to drag the NFF and all, but you have no evidence that the NFF has tried to hide anything, with the deals for AITEO, MTN and Stanbic, they were all disclosed. So if any sponsor wants same there's already a precedent.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
I don't think Nnadozie will concede any goal in this tournament sad

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2022
The keys to a Super Falcons victory on Monday would be accurate passing (especially under no pressure), not conceding unnecessary free kicks near the box, and controlling the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
isan:
I think so too. She has been clutch so far (albeit 2 of the 3 games were against minnows)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
PDPGuy:
The keys to a Super Falcons victory on Monday would be accurate passing (especially under no pressure), not conceding unnecessary free kicks near the box, and controlling the midfield.

Ucheibe and Ayinde have been clean enough in Midfield so i don’t think we have problem in that aspect as our defenders are doing well too..

The ability of Ucheibe and Ayinde to cover more ground have also been helpful to our Defence..

I would suggest Randy play Kanu, Onumonu and Ajibade upfront, then bring in Ordega for Kanu to Finnish up the mess upfront cause her pace will do us a lot of good as soon the Moroccan defence are tired…

Anyway Monday Gift over Vivian as Substitute for now..

Otu over Chikwelu to help clean up the Midfield…

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
PDPGuy:

If Otu comes in for Okobi when she’s tired, Ucheibe can move to Okobi position then Otu goes Box-to-Box
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
The Morocco side attack a lot from their left side, Payne and Ohale can handle that couple with the Assistance from the Midfielders..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2022
Once we get to the Final, any country that we would play against should forget it cause 9ja nor go gree

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
daveP:
Was on a Twitter space yesternight and i heard that Cameroon team that we beat had a [b]$1m sponsor deal [/b]with Guinness. Omo, wetin dey happen na? shocked We need these sponsors o. The women's game need big funds.
That doesn't equate to 1m cash.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deltamani:
The Morocco side attack a lot from their left side, Payne and Ohale can handle that couple with the Assistance from the Midfielders..
The inverted RW who scored the first goal against Botswana looks more dangerous to me. Their LB too is kinda tricky. They use both wings but we should play them in Midfield.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deltamani:

Ucheibe and Ayinde have been clean enough in Midfield so i don’t think we have problem in that aspect as our defenders are doing well too..

The ability of Ucheibe and Ayinde to cover more ground have also been helpful to our Defence..

I would suggest Randy play Kanu, Onumonu and Ajibade upfront, then bring in Ordega for Kanu to Finnish up the mess upfront cause her pace will do us a lot of good as soon the Moroccan defence are tired…

Anyway Monday Gift over Vivian as Substitute for now..

Otu over Chikwelu to help clean up the Midfield…

And if anybody is to come in for Okobi, Peace Efih it is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
isan:
No jinx am boss grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

The referee may likely be biased against Morocco and that is another problem....They may win set pieces in dangerous areas...

Yea sure...we just have to take our chances and not create any loophole (unnecessary fouls).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deltamani:
Once we get to the Final, any country that we would play against should forget it cause 9ja nor go gree
South Africa may not be easy this time around bro....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2022
mostob:
South Africa may not be easy this time around bro....
Don't underrate the Zambians yet. I'm expecting Zambia in the final.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
That doesn't equate to 1m cash.
of course now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
isan:
she go collect like one against those free playing Moroccans
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
daveP:
Don't underrate the Zambians yet. I'm expecting Zambia in the final.
It's the other way round. That match against Senegal shouldn't have dragged to penalties. Zambia I stronger than this. I know they're missing Banda but I expected them to perform better than this. Anyway,let's wait and see....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
ceejayMAX:
E no fit happen grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lol keep hating grin , Morocco struggled against teams like , Burkina faso , Senegal, uganda , and bostwana
ceejayMAX:

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
isan:
Lol keep hating grin , Morocco struggled against teams like , Burkina faso , Senegal, uganda , and bostwana

Exactly. We seem to be giving the Moroccan team too much credit. They will be defeated and I have no doubt about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
lovewins:

Exactly. We seem to be giving the Moroccan team too much credit. They will be defeated and I have no doubt about it.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the bias officiating we may face..

The Moroccans actually play with a lot of arrogance...I've noticed it.. Especially that Massoudy girl...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

The Moroccans actually play with a lot of arrogance...I've noticed it.. Especially that Massoudy girl...

The Moroccans have for the most part have a free ride in this competition. Facing Nigeria will be their first big challenge. Like you said, only terrible officiating will give them the edge.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

The Moroccans actually play with a lot of arrogance...I've noticed it.. Especially that Massoudy girl ...
Thought I am the only one.... That girl be carrying shoulder as if she is Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one. I can't wait for her to jam Payne or Plumptre.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
lovewins:

The Moroccans have for the most part have a free ride in this competition. Facing Nigeria will be their first big challenge. Like you said, only terrible officiating will give them the edge.
A ref denied Tunisia a debatable penalty yesterday, they almost punch her grin
Let's just hope the ref will be fair.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
mostob:
Thought I am the only one.... That girl be carrying shoulder as if she is Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one. I can't wait for her to jam Payne or Plumptre.

She's a good dribbler but tends to lose the ball easily... I believe Plumptree can handle her...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Curtisaxel17, naijaseeker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.