Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (813387 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 7:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

She's a good dribbler but tends to lose the ball easily... I believe Plumptree can handle her...
plumptre is very slow sorry to say
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
It seems no one is talking about tony payne's versatility.. the way she plays every wing with perfection

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
What could Sepp Blatter be talking about??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
ceejayMAX:
plumptre is very slow sorry to say

Everything isn't about pace.... She's slow, but her football intelligence is top notch....

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deltamani:

I know say his ancestors were from Nigeria, that's why he no get shame. At his age, he still dey behave like Nigerian politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deltamani:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62081675

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
How can you say this when I have practically harped on this more than once? Habamana. angry

Deltamani:
It seems no one is talking about tony payne's versatility.. the way she plays every wing with perfection

TheSuperNerd:
Toni Payne. What a babe. What an amazon.

First half - Played RB

Second half - Playing LB (with Alozie coming in and Ashley stepping out)

Has also played RW and LW at this tournament.

What can she not do? A Baller. Ms. Versatile

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
UEFA WOMEN'S EURO

AUSTRIA (1)-(0) NORWAY
⚽1 - 0 37' N. Billa ([b]
V. Hanshaw)

#WEURO2022
#AUTNOR[/b]

I don't want to say I'm am shocked!
But for a team like Norway that boasts of world-class talents like Hegerberg, Guro Reiten, CGH, Ingrid Engen, Blakstad, crashing out in group stage is nearly unthinkable�

Will Martin Sjögren be taking them to 2023 FIFA WWC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
�BREAKING: Marie-Antoinette Katoto will miss the remainder of Euros with a torn ACL, French national team announced.

The PSG star had scored 26 times in 32 caps in her international career so far.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
�BREAKING: Marie-Antoinette Katoto will miss the remainder of Euros with a torn ACL, French national team announced.

The PSG star had scored 26 times in 32 caps in her international career so far.

Wow!! That's a big miss for the french team!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Faithti(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2022
It's like Ashleigh has been made the assistant captain.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2022
Faithti:
Well..I'm not surprised. She has the experience and leadership quality to be the captain but will the rest of the team be ok with it?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:02am On Jul 16, 2022
Faithti:

This makes sense if she was voted by the players, but if she was appointed it doesn't make any sense. She literally fresh off the boat and shouldn't hold any leadership position whatsoever now. This is without prejudice to her leadership capacity as a person, but if you need to appoint a younger person as Vice then Nnadozie or Ajibade is it for me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
The team got a great reception from the hotel guests after their match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efjQfaWnJYo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
Why is Zabo yanning zobo like this ?

Cameroon coach Gabriel Zabo said : “The game was won on fine details. They were not stronger than us, but they used the experience they have in the big competitions. And in this game, when it comes to utilizing their experience, they are unbeatable,”

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2022
The Iffy Onumonu I know hasn’t found her form this Season…. She’s way better than this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
Deltamani:

Cameroon coach Gabriel Zabo said : “The game was won on fine details. They were not stronger than us, but they used the experience they have in the big competitions. And in this game, when it comes to utilizing their experience, they are unbeatable,”
Partially he's not lying. Experience is helping us because this AFCON is tougher than usual.

However, they were weak AF. The ease with which we made successful tackles surprised me. Our undoing was just poor connection.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2022
Deltamani:

It's true now. Aside their physical side, what else did they bring to the table?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2022
Individual Highlights from Eagles Tracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDqq16xEfI

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2022
*Breaking!*
*Moses Aduku resigns as Bayelsa Queens Technical Adviser where he will be joining Edo Queens for the new season*
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2022
Danielnino00:

Everything isn't about pace.... She's slow, but her football intelligence is top notch....
the same intelligence she used against south Africa, hmmm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
Deltamani:

facts I didn't enjoy our team play one bit
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2022
Deltamani:
Christy Ucheibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtuoZWHf5Cg
this gal dey ball,her tackling game is A+

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oloriooko(m): 6:12am On Jul 17, 2022
She's good though with lots of room for improvement especially throw-ins
How on earth could she have committed 3 foul throws in a match that's grossly unprofessional

Deltamani:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:54am On Jul 17, 2022
oloriooko:
How on earth could she have committed 3 foul throws in a match that's grossly unprofessional

Permit me to say those errors from the throw in are caused by Momentarily Lack of Concentration or what do I say?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oloriooko(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2022
I don't think so I think she needs to be taught how to throw balls. She must also work on her concentration going by your view

Deltamani:

Permit me to say those errors from the throw in are caused by Momentarily Lack of Concentration or what do I say?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Isn’t it strange that this is the only match where she’s been penalized for foul throws in this tournament, yet she's been throwing the ball the exact same way?
It’s obvious it’s the lines-person that needs the coaching.
oloriooko:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
� � � � � � � � � �

Senegal Vs Tunisia

Cameroon Vs Botswana

The winners of the two matches will advance to the intercontinental FIFA World Cup playoffs to stand a chance of booking a ticket to the 2023 womens World Cup.

Who do you want to make it to the playoffs?

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
Deltamani:
� � � � � � � � � �

Senegal Vs Tunisia

Cameroon Vs Botswana

The winners of the two matches will advance to the intercontinental FIFA World Cup playoffs to stand a chance of booking a ticket to the 2023 womens World Cup.

Who do you want to make it to the playoffs?

I will go with Cameroon and Senegal but the Tunisian side also have a chance too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
AkinDS:
Isn’t it strange that this is the only match where she’s been penalized for foul throws in this tournament, yet she's been throwing the ball the exact same way?
It’s obvious it’s the lines-person that needs the coaching.
God bless you. I noticed a lot of foul throw in that Senegal's match so I was surprised when Tony's throws were penalised. Fact is these match officials are more educated than one another.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.