Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817402 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by arsenal96: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
Aside the players wastefulness, truth be told, throughout this tournament we played with no pattern or style. We were just there,only players individual abilities carried us to the semis.
mostob:
I agree but today's loss was on the players.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
Alozie has such a sweet left foot. Why she was changed to a right back baffles me. Toni Payne is too intelligent to play a left back position; we need such intelligence higher up the pitch, maybe as an AM.

In fact we played with two make-shift fullbacks in this tournament. Plumptre really impressed me with her sweet touches and passes. She also passed the 'broiler' test cheesy

Waldrum no try at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by otokx(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
robosky02:

We done see finished

Abi you want us to go to world cup and received bashing?

Let us go and give bonus to all the teams in our group.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
COOL10:
Alozie has such a sweet left foot. Why she was changed to a right back baffles me. Toni Payne is too intelligent to play a left back position; we need such intelligence higher up the pitch, maybe as an AM.

In fact we played with two make-shift fullbacks in this tournament. Plumptre really impressed me with her sweet touches and passes. She also passed the 'broiler' test cheesy

Waldrum no try at all.
Alozie is predominantly rightfooted. I was surprised seeing her take corner kicks with her left.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
arsenal96:
Aside the players wastefulness, truth be told, throughout this tournament we played with no pattern or style. We were just there,only players individual abilities carried us to the semis.
I agree.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Next month, the U20 FIFA women world cup kicks off and there are reports that the NFF has abandoned the Falconets in Abuja that they are stranded, trekking from their hotel to their training pitch at Abuja because no fuel for the team bus to run while Pinnick, Mohammed Sanusi and co are catching cruise in Morocco. So pathetic!

The Falconets face France on August 12 in Costa Rica and no quality friendly match on ground.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by COOL10(m): 12:02am On Jul 23, 2022
mostob:
Alozie is predominantly rightfooted. I was surprised seeing her take corner kicks with her left.

Same here. The more reason why she should be deployed as a RW instead. This will make it difficult for defenders to predict her next move since she's good with both feet.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:24am On Jul 23, 2022
We actually lost to each one of the other 3 semi finalists in the same competition...
Never has that ever happened!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:37am On Jul 23, 2022
mostob:
I'm talking about the ambidexterity. grin
Once na Santi, its hard to focus on one. Now you've clarified, the better cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:42am On Jul 23, 2022
When you consider your team to be the best,it's difficult to accept losses and failure to win trophies but one should also consider that other teams are also stepping up and getting better. Beating every team is no longer a certainty. Sacking Randy Waldrum is arguably the best option to me now… This may not be the answer to the problem, at least we qualified for the World Cup and there are 3 games lineup already against the US and Japan… The new Coach can start from there.!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:43am On Jul 23, 2022
| General Captain - Mukarama Abdulai

| Captain - Evelyn Badu

| Deputy Captain - Anasthesia Achiaa

| 2nd Deputy Captain - Cynthia Fiindib Konlan

#BlackPrincesses

What is the role of the General Captain?
We need education!!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dododawa1: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2022
They surely missed Oshoala, Ajibade and YORUBA are great,no them,no Falcon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42am On Jul 23, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:45am On Jul 23, 2022
dododawa1:
They surely missed Oshoala, Ajibade and YORUBA are great,no them,no Falcon.
We have all time top scorers in this tournament as Perpetua Nkwocha, Mercy Akide, Desire Oparanozie, Cynthia Uwak, Assisat Oshoala. That's just one Yoruba there.

This is not a political thread, if you think you have a point with this, you can post it on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2022
You shouldn't have replied him
GeneralDae:

We have all time top scorers in this tournament as Perpetua Nkwocha, Mercy Akide, Desire Oparanozie, Cynthia Uwak, Assisat Oshoala. That's just one Yoruba there.

This is not a political thread, if you think you have a point with this, you can post it on the front page.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dododawa1: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2022
GeneralDae:

OGA,I base my sincere on this present team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2022
Going forward, I think we should look for more proper fullbacks.. Alozie and Payne were excellent in this tournament,but sometimes,it's better to go with those who are more used to some roles.. Rita should do the honourable and resign... Ebi can stay with the team,due to her experience,but she shouldn't be a starter ..she doesn't have the pace anymore..

Truth is, this team still remain the most star studded in Africa...it is just poorly coached..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:55am On Jul 23, 2022
COOL10:

Same here. The more reason why she should be deployed as a RW instead. This will make it difficult for defenders to predict her next move since she's good with both feet.
But the wing is jam-packed already. She should just stay where she is. Esther,Ajibade,Gift,Kanu, Ordega
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2022
Apart from Esther and Desire, which other players should we be expecting to join this team?

Cc schemerkhiz, GeneralDae, Lovewins, Deltaman
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2022
daveP:
Once na Santi, its hard to focus on one. Now you've clarified, the better cool
True... football misses Santi n grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2022
wW
mostob:
Apart from Esther and Desire, which other players should we be expecting to join this team?

Patricia - left back
Sebastian - Striker
Abiodun - Midfielder
Imran - Left back
Rinsola Babajide - Striker/Winger
Vicky Lopez - Striker

Also Yewande should be tried as a goalkeeper or we also bring back Jonathan Alaba.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2022
GeneralDae:
wW
Patricia - left back
Sebastian - Striker
Abiodun - Midfielder
Imran - Left back
Vicky Lopez - Striker

Also Yewande should be tried as a goalkeeper or we also bring back Jonathan Alaba.
Vicky Lopez I'm not sure she will play for us o.
I won't mind Rinsola, the rubbish Ordega and Vivian played yesterday was just nauseating..
I don't know Imran and Abiodun is an excellent addition.

What of Rosin Demehin? You think she is not ready sir?
What of Ariyo? Zogg?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2022
mostob:

I'm a little more concerned with getting someone who can manage the talent we have than having new players introduced. I think that should be priority.

Randy in my opinion should go. He's had 2 years to work with this team and one can argue he brings next to nothing to the team tactically. Talent can only take you so far and that's what is making up for his managerial deficiencies
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hatakekakashi: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2022
GeneralDae:

Why quote him That rubbish he posted doesn't even deserve a reply. You should ask yourself whether he even follows the team or just looking for an opening to bring his tribalism agenda here. With a moniker like that, you shall know them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Why quote him That rubbish he posted doesn't even deserve a reply. You should ask yourself whether he even follows the team or just looking for an opening to bring his tribalism agenda here.
I agree. He isn't worth quoting.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2022
GeneralDae:
wW
Patricia - left back
Sebastian - Striker
Abiodun - Midfielder
Imran - Left back
Vicky Lopez - Striker

Sebastian and Abiodun has shown potentials, but I'll like to see what they do in the world cup before making a serious argument for their inclusion.

As for Rinsiola Babajide, I'll say no no. I used to be one of the few advocates for her on this thread, but it's obvious she fancies playing for England and that should be respected. I really do not have a problem with that, what I do have a problem with is he seeking the Nigerian route if England doesn't work in a few years. She's 24 already and should know what exactly she wants to do with her international career. Mind you, it's not like she brings something exceptional to the table.

We'll have to wait and see what becomes of Lopez. She's still very young.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2022
mostob:
Vicky Lopez I'm not sure she will play for us o.
I won't mind Rinsola, the rubbish Ordega and Vivian played yesterday was just nauseating..
I don't know Imran and Abiodun is an excellent addition.

What of Rosin Demehin? You think she is not ready sir?
What of Ariyo? Zogg?
Rafiat Imran is a natural left back for Rivers Angels.

Vivian Lopez wants to play for us because of her mum. Mummy's love.
You are right, I don't know if that's possible now because she's in the Spanish Youth Team, but she's one for us in the near future. She may not likely make it to the world cup with us, I agree.

Ordega for me, ever since leaving the U.S, seem to have lost her touch. Vivian Ikechuckwu like I said in my older post do not seem to be peaking from her brief form last year.

Demehin, Ariyo, Zogg, all not ready yet in my opinion.
I would need to see more of Demehin at the U20 World Cup.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2022
I think we have the most problem right now in the middle. We do not have an "attack" problem per se, we just do not have those in the middle who gives us the best advantage moving forward. Onumonu sadly had been the biggest victim as she's had to deal with playing out of position, having to drop too deep to get the balls for the most part and that's why most persons don't fancy her.

If we can sort out the challenge we have in the middle, we'll be a lot better.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2022
mostob:
But the wing is jam-packed already. She should just stay where she is. Esther,Ajibade,Gift,Kanu, Ordega

I don't really know much abt dis present team but dey re poorly coached... D team from d onset find it difficult to execute attacking moves successfully,their final third is not good at all.. Dey look clueless most times going forward.. If something is not done b4 going to d world cup,we wont escape d group stage,aside DT d coach is just anoda "rohr" in disguise,him no sabi shishi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2022
Just shut it , useless tribalist
dododawa1:
OGA,I base my sincere on this present team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2022
If she can't compete in her natural role she should be dropped
mostob:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2022
Sebastian is a winger, she doesn't have the frame to play as the striker
GeneralDae:
wW
Patricia - left back
Sebastian - Striker
Abiodun - Midfielder
Imran - Left back
Vicky Lopez - Striker

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.