Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,153 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (812225 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
We have to win against USA or Japan to go up in the FIFA ranking
AkinDS:
How?
Nigeria is STILL 'numero uno' in Africa and 46th in the world, in spite of our 4th place finish.
The losses were within the margins of a fluke victory (1-0, 2-1) and so the negative impact on FIFA rankings is low.
Anyone who has been following the world rankings, especially those for the women, would know the rankings typically have a tolerance band of +/- 5 points at any point in time. So, I wouldn't loose any sleep on this.
By the time the Japan and US friendlies roll around, I anticipate positive changes for the Super Falcons.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Deltamani:
There’s a hint that the Superfalcons of Nigeria will Play South Korea and Japan in October instead of only Japan..
.....does not count for much with the type of coach we have. The news i want to hear is that the coach has been fired,however, it seems that until he cost us more than he has, Pinick go still retain am, what Amaju is not considering is that the better you play, the more sponsors want to associate, make Amaju no worry, he go soon clear for everybody eye......i laugh in H.D.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2022
AkinDS:
How?
Nigeria is STILL 'numero uno' in Africa and 46th in the world, in spite of our 4th place finish.
The losses were within the margins of a fluke victory (1-0, 2-1) and so the negative impact on FIFA rankings is low.
Anyone who has been following the world rankings, especially those for the women, would know the rankings typically have a tolerance band of +/- 5 points at any point in time. So, I wouldn't loose any sleep on this.
By the time the Japan and US friendlies roll around, I anticipate positive changes for the Super Falcons.

Being number one in Africa won't count for much when it's time for the world cup draw and we find ourselves in a lower pot...Then a difficult group...

We have already established our status as Africa undisputed number one for long...the aim is to improve at the world stage...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
Deltamani:

All this Nigerian players are also problems on their own, You have seen it all in football, why not retire when the ovation is still high… Until you cost the team an important Victory?

Randy looks like someone who’s scared of the Senior Players.. ahbi Captain nor da stay bench?

To be honest, I won't mind if Ebi goes to the world cup . Her experience on and off the pitch would be needed.. However,under no circumstances should she be starting... She and Chikwelu.. After this world cup,they should just retire...Make Dem no do like our Politicians...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2022
No you don't.
If you played a draw, for instance, you amass some points which may help overtake whoever is in front of you (assuming they amass less cumulative points).
isan:
We have to win against USA or Japan to go up in the FIFA ranking
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:28am On Aug 06, 2022
Roosa

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:33am On Aug 06, 2022
So, you hear the news that he has been fired...then what?
You do have a backup plan, right?

Or do we go through the same silly and decision making process that that idiot ,Sunday Dare, put Nigerians through when he engineered the firing of Gehnot Rohr? In case you have forgotten, the result was the worst performance at the ANC, as well as crashing out of the WC. Not to mention the millions of dollars we lost (ANC performance, WC qualification spot and compensatory damages to Gehnot Rohr).
Please tell us you have a very credible back up plan that will realistically be an marked improvement on what you currently have.

And on sponsorship, who told you the NFF does not have sponsors? The issue here is the Sports Minister wanting to take credit for the SF and decided he would be responsible for their payments. As usual, he failed in making the payments (what else is new). So blame the m.o.r.o.n Dare, not Pinnick here.
carbonado:
.....does not count for much with the type of coach we have. The news i want to hear is that the coach has been fired,however, it seems that until he cost us more than he has, Pinick go still retain am, what Amaju is not considering is that the better you play, the more sponsors want to associate, make Amaju no worry, he go soon clear for everybody eye......i laugh in H.D.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2022
A draw doesn't really do much for us , we need to fix a friendly with teams from 35 to 15 on Fifa ranking if we beat them we can climb the table and get a fair draw at the world cup
AkinDS:
No you don't.
If you played a draw, for instance, you amass some points which may help overtake whoever is in front of you (assuming they amass less cumulative points).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2022
Sometimes, such experiences are over-rated.

For instance, I would rather have Plumptre and Ohale partner for the 4 potential friendly games against Japan, South Korea and the US. Those games will provide that duo more than enough time to gel and establish a partnership.
Your having Onome and Chikwelu on the squad denies an opportunity for someone new to be a part of the WWC experience, which will benefit us in the future. Its time to start thinking strategically and long term, versus trying to drive an old, beat up car till the wheels fall off.

Nigeria does not gain ANYTHING by having Onome or Chikwelu or Oparanozie or Okobi on the 2023WWC squad. Absolutely nothing! They don't offer us anything new, as its the same ol, same ol that we have been seeing since 2010. From a team dynamics and team mental health standpoint, it will be counterproductive and retrogressive to have them on the squad, as divisions within the team will be reinforced, to the overall detriment of the team, considering they are/have been part and parcel of the reasons for the divisiveness in the team.

This WWC should be about new beginnings and providing the WWC experience to the likes of Uchiebe (and co.), as well as the U20 kids. Its their time to be in the limelight. This WWC should certainly NOT be about providing a very long and overdue sendoff to the very old and tired fabulous four! They should be let go NOW!!!
Danielnino00:

To be honest, I won't mind if Ebi goes to the world cup . Her experience on and off the pitch would be needed.. However,under no circumstances should she be starting... She and Chikwelu.. After this world cup,they should just retire...Make Dem no do like our Politicians...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2022
PRE-SEASON
Barça's starting XI!

Five female A-Team players: Gemma, Codina, Marta, Ingrid Engen and Caroline Graham

Six Female B Players: Alba Caño, Vicky Lopez, Laia Martret, Ona Baradad, Martina F. , Nina Pou and Arias

LET'S GOOOOOO !

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2022
AkinDS:
Sometimes, such experiences are over-rated.

For instance, I would rather have Plumptre and Ohale partner for the 4 potential friendly games against Japan, South Korea and the US. Those games will provide that duo more than enough time to gel and establish a partnership.
Your having Onome and Chikwelu on the squad denies an opportunity for someone new to be a part of the WWC experience, which will benefit us in the future. Its time to start thinking strategically and long term, versus trying to drive an old, beat up car till the wheels fall off.

Nigeria does not gain ANYTHING by having Onome or Chikwelu or Oparanozie or Okobi on the squad. Absolutely nothing. Its the same ol, same ol that we have seen since 2010. It will be counterproductive to have them on the squad as the divisions within the team will be reinforced, to the overall detriment of the team. This WWC should be about new beginnings and providing the WWC experience to the likes of Uchiebe (and co.), as well as the U20 kids. Its their time to be in the limelight.

This WWC should certainly NOT be about providing a very long and overdue sendoff to the very old and tired fabulous four! They should be let go NOW!!!

You’re on Point but the inclusion of Oparanozie and Okobi among the tired fabulous 4 is what I’m against here…

We can certainly have this two around because they’re not finished as tagged unlike Ebi and Chikwelu that doesn’t have the pace to contend with the Modern game..

Ebi for sure is here for her Personal records going to her 6th World Cup….

For Chikwelu I don’t know why they’re still keeping her around, Because Ucheibe have clearly taken her spot.

If we should talk about players that can offer experience on and off the pitch, they have got Tochukwu Oluehi in Goalkeeping position…
Osinachi Ohale in Defence
Ngozi Okobi in Midfield
Oparanozie, Ordega and Oshoala upfront…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2022
Oparanozie and pace? That's a laugh! You may want to watch the Aisha Buhari cup and assess her performance which, for all intents and purposes, was pitiful.
Okobi, for me, had a very poor Nations Cup, considering all her years of the so called 'experience'. She turned the ball over more than any other midfielder on the team (always caught on the ball because of her wanting to always dribble, ultimately slowing down the counter attack) and her lack of vision (unable to pick a pass - e.g. Ajibade's pass to Alozie vs Ivory Coast away; Halimatu's pass to Onumonu vs. Botswana). She also flubbed on 2 occasions (Burundi and Morocco) when she had open nets and made a complete mess of it. She is NOT the kind of midfielder we need in this Falcons set up.

Look, these ladies are done. They add little or no overall value to the team. They either foment problems amongst team members (perhaps because of their feeling of entitlement due to their 'experience') or they lack the energy and pace to contribute to the team. Either way, they add little or no value to the team at this point in time.

The four of them are on the downward slope of their national team careers. We have several up and coming players who are ready to take the baton and run with it. The 2023WWC presents a perfect platform for the next gen to gain experience and build their confidence on the world stage. Why continue with a bunch that will be irrelevant in a year vs. go with younger ones that will be relevant for the next 8 years? This is straight forward and I am shocked at the pushback for something so obvious.
Deltamani:

You’re on Point but the inclusion of Oparanozie and Okobi among the tired fabulous 4 is what I’m against here…

We can certainly have this two around because they’re not finished as tagged unlike Ebi and Chikwelu that doesn’t have the pace to contend with the Modern game..

Ebi for sure is here for her Personal records going to her 6th World Cup….

For Chikwelu I don’t know why they’re still keeping her around, Because Ucheibe have clearly taken her spot.

If we should talk about players that can offer experience on and off the pitch, they have got Tochukwu Oluehi in Goalkeeping position…
Osinachi Ohale in Defence
Ngozi Okobi in Midfield
Oparanozie, Ordega and Oshoala upfront…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2022
AkinDS:
Oparanozie and pace? That's a laugh! You may want to watch the Aisha Buhari cup and assess her performance which, for all intents and purposes, was pitiful.
Okobi, for me, had a very poor Nations Cup, considering all her years of the so called 'experience'. She turned the ball over more than any other midfielder on the team (always caught on the ball because of her wanting to always dribble, ultimately slowing down the counter attack) and her lack of vision (unable to pick a pass - e.g. Ajibade's pass to Alozie vs Ivory Coast away; Halimatu's pass to Onumonu vs. Botswana). She also flubbed on 2 occasions (Burundi and Morocco) when she had open nets and made a complete mess of it. She is NOT the kind of midfielder we need in this Falcons set up.

Look, these ladies are done. They add little or no overall value to the team. They either foment problems amongst team members (perhaps because of their feeling of entitlement due to their 'experience') or they lack the energy and pace to contribute to the team. Either way, they add little or no value to the team at this point in time.

The four of them are on the downward slope of their national team careers. We have several up and coming players who are ready to take the baton and run with it. The 2023WWC presents a perfect platform for the next gen to gain experience and build their confidence on the world stage. Why continue with a bunch that will be irrelevant in a year vs. go with younger ones that will be relevant for the next 8 years? This is straight forward and I am shocked at the pushback for something so obvious.

I wouldn’t say much but for Ebi and Chikwelu i think they have no Business in the Superfalcons team anymore…

I will wait to see how this present U20 perform before i say much…

Ajibola, Onyedineze, F Sabastine, Demehin and the Left Back are my major watch out players…

This 5 Player’s are key to their U20 World Cup success…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:42am On Aug 07, 2022
In 2030, she will only be 24 years old

Vicky López

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2022
End of their First Pre Season game in Bela Vista

Benfica (4)-(0) RealBetis

#BetisFéminas

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2022
Ucheibe started the Second half for Benfica

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2022
One goal for Ebere Orji this Weekend….

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2022
She just wanna Play….. See you on pitch soon

Esther Okoronkwo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2022
Banyana Banyana Captain And WAFCON Winner Refiloe Jane (30) Has Joined Italian Seria A Side US Sassuolo Women After Leaving AC Milan Women

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
AkinDS:

This may sound harsh, but it's the absolute truth!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
Pre Season

Atletico Madrid vs Alhama CF

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2022
Deltamani:
Pre Season

Atletico Madrid vs Alhama CF

Ajibade scores!!!

Jesus Baby

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ajibade with an Hatrick!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
70’ ⏱ | Atleti 4⃣-0⃣ Alhama

31’ Ajibade
42’ Ajibade
52’ Ajibade
65’ Ludmila

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Has castinello left athletico Madrid?
Deltamani:
70’ ⏱ | Atleti 4⃣-0⃣ Alhama

31’ Ajibade
42’ Ajibade
52’ Ajibade
65’ Ludmila
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
isan:
Has castinello left athletico Madrid?

Deyna Castellanos have joined Manchester City alongside their CB Alexander
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2022
FT’ ⏱ | Atleti 6⃣-1⃣ Alhama

31’ Ajibade
42’ Ajibade
52’ Ajibade
65’ Ludmila
80’ Ludmila
92’ Nerea Sánchez

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Wow that means Ajibade will get more minutes than she got last season
Deltamani:

Deyna Castellanos have joined Manchester City alongside their CB Alexander

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2022
isan:
Wow that means Ajibade will get more minutes than she got last season

Of course this Season she’s definitely a Regular and one of Atletico Madrid Star Player…

Ajibade is right now inform and have improved a lot as an individual, Asisat Oshoala and the rest of Africa top players should watch their back as the 2022 African Best is going to the Path of Ajibade if she continues this way…

I pray Asisat Oshoala is fit enough and inform to carry on this Season…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2022
A fit Asisat Oshoala should definitely lead our top9….

Ajibade look like someone who owned the right side of the Attack to herself already…

Then come the Left, Who??

Ordega, Kanu and Co
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
Deltamani:
A fit Asisat Oshoala should definitely lead our top9….

Ajibade look like someone who owned the right side of the Attack to herself already…

Then come the Left, Who??

Ordega, Kanu and Co

Remove Ordega please... As for Kanu, she need to learn team play more... That left wing is still open to anybody,IMO...

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: carbonado(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.